Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Escaping Almadarin

Escaping Almadarin

a part of “Escaping Almadarin”, a fictional universe by Dead.

Four humans went into the fae realm, but only three got out. But six years later they are going in once more, but will they escape again?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Escaping Almadarin”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Escaping Almadarin

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dead on Wed May 21, 2014 2:34 am

Escaping Almadarin

__

{GM & Owner}

Created by Dead

{Status}

Accepting Roles | No Posting Activity

{Setting}

Almadarin - Fae Realm of Supernatural Creatures

{Basic Storyline}

Four kids, 13 years old, encountered a portal to the fae realm. For days they kept going back, being swept up and tempted by the fairies who lived there and became enticed by the parties and played there. They were lured in by an evil fae who was the reason the fairies couldn't leave Almadarin, and he attempted to steal their souls to gain power and turn them into fairies. All the kids escaped except one of the boys who was then turned into a fae and now Almadarin is slowly turning to darkness.

The kids received a letter six years later from their lost friend, thinking he is still alive, and end up going back in only to find out the prince faked the letter and now they must escape again but the prince has moved the portal. They are trying to escape while being hunted and must seek the aid of the fairy queen, his mother, and find a way out before they are caught as well as trying to cure their old friend and turn him back into a human.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

They told the police that they didn't know what happened. But really, they knew everything. They held a secret that no one would ever believe, because that secret was all legends and stories. It could't be real, not to anyone else. But to them? It was as real as you and me.

Six years ago, all four of them found something. A portal, through a nature made fort entwined of brown sticks and the greenest moss they had ever seen. By now, you'd think that fairy tales had become nothing but stories to them. Santa Clause and the Tooth Fairy were just little stories, and the movies about princesses with wings and evil goblins were tales to behold and beguile. But no. What they found, was a world of magic and creatures that couldn't leave their world. It was sparkling, everything, growing and full of life, but some was hidden behind a cover of illusion. It was a realm cursed; only the humans of the mortal world could come and go as they pleased. But the creatures inside? They were doomed to live inside forever.

But some would ask, why would you want to leave a world covered with castles, dragons, and beautiful creatures that called themselves the Fae were covered in a glamour that hid the evil underneath? It was more breathtaking then anything they had ever seen before. Swept away with stories and delicious food and magic tricks that let flowers grow from nothing, and the sky break sun for hours on end, they didn't ever want to leave. But that was the entire point, now wasn't it? To keep them there, to change them so they could never leave and use their souls for raw power, to bend the realm that they saw fit? Many wouldn't give up this chance.

There was one in particular, a corrupted fae prince with an idea that he could bend he realm to his whim. Make his dear mother pay for casting him out after the murder of a mortal child; the reason their gods cursed them to remain stuck inside this realm forever. They called him the dark prince, the royal Fae of the North in a castle of black and muck. But his appearance of horror was hidden under the glamour of one that enticed these children first, and of course they fell for it. The night of the full moon on the last day of summer, he tried to steal their souls and turn them into dark creatures that could never leave. And they ran, back to the portal, so far away but so close... but one fell. And as he was dragged away, the others tumbled out and suddenly realized there were only three in the dark forest outside the lonely neighborhood that lay silent in Varerock, Pennsylvania.

Now, Six years later, they have received a letter from their lost friend, begging for their help. With heavy hearts an weary minds, they have decided to venture back inside this corrupted world of magic and illusion to find him. But they have no idea what adventures lie for them within Almadarin, the Realm of the Fae.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Roles Available
Humans
roleplay/escaping-almadarin

Please see introduction page for available roles with face claims since RPG won't let me post the pictures here for some odd reason.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rules

|| Commitment ||
I understand we all have lives outside the computer, but I want to make it clear that if you can't post twice about every 2-3 days, I don't think you should join the roleplay. I've had too many instances where people claim they can post and join but end up never finishing their character or never posting whatsoever so please DO NOT JOIN IF YOU CANNOT COMMIT.

|| Posting and Character Sheets ||
I expect at least two paragraphs per post, and I expect proper grammar and decent detail for both your posts and your character sheet. I can be picky, and I want to make sure you can type well and post well so that this roleplay can be immersive and fun.

|| Reservations ||
I will change faceclaims if you want me to change them, but I will not change the gender of the faceclaim you want to change. I expect a wip up in 24 hours after reservations and would like sheets to be completed in two days of reservations. If I don't see it, I will give your spot away unless there is a good reason why it would take you more then two days to complete a sheet. Try to make your character sheet detailed please.

|| God modding and Interactions ||
Remember not to god mod, don't do the whole "my character punches yours and knocks you out," It would be "My character attempts to punch yours, and if the punch lands right, hopefully knocks you out." Just remember that. And please keep drama outside the roleplay to a minimum.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask me.
Image Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dead
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Escaping Almadarin

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dead on Wed May 21, 2014 3:16 am

Roles Available
Humans

Being exposed to the fairy realm is not lethal unless a corrupted fairy somehow injects their dark magic into you, whether its by breathing, touching blood, or whatever other way. These three humans have not yet been affected by any dark magic and therefore are unharmed until they enter Almadarin again. Other affects that are minor might be glowing of the skin or the ability to cause little bursts of magic but other then that, only dark magic and poisonous contact with evil and dangerous creatures around Almadarin are majorly effective.

| FC: Amy Lee | Name: | Age: | Role: | Species: Human | Reserved by: Dead |

| FC: Kevin Zegers | Name: | Age: | Role: | Species: Human | Reserved by: Miyer |

| FC: Chloe Bennet | Name: | Age: | Role: | Species: Human | Reserved by: SizzlerZ |

Fairies

As for general fairies, in this roleplay, they are as tall as mortals and usually use a perfect glamour to hide their true forms but usually have wings, sometimes they have horns and have an ability to use different types of magic, mainly dark and light. Dark corrupts the fairy's soul, causing it to seek out and do evil as light magic does the opposite. Some elemental magic is considered dark and light, for instance, fire is considered evil but the other three elements of air, water, and earth are considered good. Human souls are raw magic for fairies, and if a human is turned into a fae and drained of their humanity, the fae who was responsible will receive a massive amount of power. They also tend to have pointed ears like elves but are a little shorter and more curved then the long pointed ears of elves.

| FC: Mathias Nygård | Name: | Age: | Role: The Dark Fae Prince | Species: Corrupted Fae | Available: |

| FC: Cate Blanchett | Name: | Age: | Role: The Fairy Queen | Species: General Fae | Reserved by: MaliceInWonderland |

| FC: Taylor Kitsch | Name: | Age: | Role: Corrupted Fae (Was part of human group) | Species: Corrupted Fae | Reserved by: Dementedness |
Last edited by Dead on Wed May 21, 2014 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dead
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SizzlerZ on Wed May 21, 2014 4:07 am

Hey, can I please reserve the human with the FC of Hayley Williams?
However, can I please change the FC to Chloe Bennet?

SizzlerZ
Member for 10 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dementedness on Wed May 21, 2014 6:16 am

Normally, I don't like roleplays with FC, but it seems that you caught my attention. Hope the rest will be right to get all along in the roleplay.

Anyways, I would like to reserve Taylor Kitsch.

Have a good day!

Dementedness
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaliceInWonderland on Wed May 21, 2014 11:16 am

OMG Can I have the Fae Queen Please!? I've been dying for a Fae based RP.
"I run in triangles, I'm a rebel, I don't do circles"

MaliceInWonderland
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dead on Wed May 21, 2014 11:50 am

SizzlerZ wrote:Hey, can I please reserve the human with the FC of Hayley Williams?
However, can I please change the FC to Chloe Bennet?

Yup.

and @ other two, I shall reserve right now as well.

Dead
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miyer on Wed May 21, 2014 11:59 am

May I reserve the human with the FC Kevin Zegers and change it to Andrew Garfield???

Miyer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dead on Wed May 21, 2014 12:40 pm

@Miyer

Done.

Dead
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miyer on Wed May 21, 2014 1:45 pm

Yay, Will try and get him up this evening XD

Miyer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dead on Wed May 21, 2014 1:46 pm

Will take a look after work. (:

Dead
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaliceInWonderland on Wed May 21, 2014 3:20 pm

I believe I'm basically done, save for a history

MaliceInWonderland
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dead on Thu May 22, 2014 12:10 am

I think all we need is a fae prince and we'll be good to go.

Dead
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dementedness on Thu May 22, 2014 8:04 pm

Done, done and done.

I shall probably add some more stuff after all the bios are accepted ^^

Dementedness
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!