Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

hy everyone!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

hy everyone!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kathrin on Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:22 pm

I'm kinda new here and after i saw how it's working, i'm a little confused. :))
The future is near us but I can not touch it...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

kathrin
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Re: hy everyone!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkCookie97 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:28 pm

A man walked into the room and extended his hand out for greetings. "Hey, I'm Dark Cookie. If you have any questions just ask me. Sato will be here soon too so he can also help you." The man said invitingly.
Louder Than God's Revolver And Twice As Shiny
~What I Am Listening To~
Crush On You - Nero

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DarkCookie97
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kathrin on Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:52 pm

"nice to meet you, i'm kathrin lulabey, and ... Who is sato?" the woman saidwith cute a smile .

kathrin
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkCookie97 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:58 pm

"Ah, it seems he has not arrived yet. Tut tut Mr. Sato." The man said. "He's the resident lurker as he calls himself. Some sort of moderator on the site. He might give you a couple of helpful links or something." He continued. "But as I said, need anything just ask me, him (when he appears) or another member of staff." The man finished his long speech with a deep breath.

(I'm not staff, I just like to creep around here.)

DarkCookie97
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:58 pm

Sato appeared in a puff of orange smoke, tiny, Asian, with bright eyes and a grin.

"I'm Sato, and I'm not a guy!" said the long-time RolePlayGateway member. "Welcome to the forum! You've already met one of our friendly members - there are tons more as you dive in!"

She tilted her head to the side. "So! Have you role-played before? When did you start writing? You know I have to ask you all these questions. It's official business, you understand."

From behind her back, Sato pulled out a clipboard.

"Just some general things to check off .. make sure you have a good time here, and ask any questions about anything that confuses you! There are almost always people around to answer your question. You can ask me something here; I'm general around."

She tipped the brim of her hat.

"Hope all's well!"

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkCookie97 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:04 pm

(I did it again! :( )
"Hello Sato. Looks like you are lacking in the Lurking skills at the moment. want me to teach you a trick or two?" The man said attempting to stay noticed. "First advice Kathrin is get ten forum posts. This will unlock your PMs and will let you contact people and staff when you need to." The man attempted to be helpful before Sato said anything that could lower his appearance of being intelligent.

DarkCookie97
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kathrin on Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:06 pm

Kathrin remained a little confused when sato made her entrance. " hy, so i haven' t write before, i just so this site and i wanted to try something new. My question is how can i improve me an how the things are working here." the woman said looking at thatstrange pair

kathrin
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:12 pm

The girl grinned, waving a hand and conjuring a flickery-blue portal. "If you step through this thing right here, it'll take you to the Role Play Academy. I saw you posted in there already, but that's definitely the place you want to be to learn more about writing. It's a whole section of the website roped off for articles on theory, discussions, and general commentary on theory. Great place to stop in and learn a bit more about roleplaying!"

She tapped her nose, now, that sideways smile still on her face. "But if you want more personal tutelage, I'm sure DarkCookie97 or I could sit down and try to walk you through it. Don't get hung up on being good or bad at writing. If you have a passion for it, throw yourself at, learn everything, and get better! That's how I look at it."

She pointed to the top of the screen, now. "Don't forget to check out the RPG Rules, as well! There are only five of them, but it's important that you know the code of conduct and general standards that we hold ourselves to, as a community, at Gateway. I guess that's about it!"

Okay, okay, I'm done talking like that. :P It's exhausting!

-VV

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkCookie97 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:19 pm

Dark Cookie stood listening to Sato out of respect. "Yes, I agree with her. That is a helpful place to be." He murmured feeling slightly undermined. "Like Sato said I would be glad to help you improve in any way I can. Not saying I am better than anyone else on here. But to me you seem like you have the basics wrapped up, so you know what your doing. You just need to improve on the skills you have." Cookie continued and found himself blabbing on again.

DarkCookie97
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kathrin on Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:29 pm

"thank you for everything, my work is harderbecause i'm on the phone. One more stupid question: how can i post a replay in rp? And what are these pm

kathrin
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:29 pm

Haha, DarkCookie97, why don't you take over helping kathrin if she needs it? One-on-one help, too, if you have the time to do that.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkCookie97 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:36 pm

Yeah, I have time for that if she's up for it.
PMs are personal messages they are used on most websites that include forums or games. It is like a email that you send to them and only they see it. On there you can have private condensations and whatnot.
To reply to an RP in a 'Tab Roleplay' you must select the 'Posting' tab and type into the box at the bottom of the page.
I hope this helped you. Anything else?

DarkCookie97
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kathrin on Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:39 pm

Not yet, thank you.

kathrin
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkCookie97 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:00 pm

I have to go but I will be back on tomorrow to answer any further questions. In the meantime just leave any questions in a post here and i will get back to you.

DarkCookie97
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kathrin on Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:05 pm

K. :)

kathrin
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kathrin on Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:05 am

How can i find rp that are open and started recently?

kathrin
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkCookie97 on Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:27 am

Try goi8ng to the 'Rolepayers Wanted' sub-forum. These can be found in the 'OOC' forum and will contain threads of roleplays that require people to join. This is a good place to find RPs to join but if you can't find what you want and you have a good plot in mind you could always create one.

DarkCookie97
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kathrin on Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:33 pm

Ok, but i don't think that i can create one. Too hard.

kathrin
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkCookie97 on Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:46 pm

It's not to hard if you have an idea and stuff. I'm sorry but I have to plug in if you don't mind. I have created a roleplay based on the Assassin's Creed series. If you know the series and are interested you can have a look Here and Here.

DarkCookie97
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kathrin on Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:02 pm

Your rp is interesting and i kinda know this series, but how can i complete the character sheet and what character shall i be?

kathrin
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!