Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Everyone Wants To Be A Hero, And Everyone Can Be.

a topic in The Writer's Lounge, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

A place for original short stories, fanfiction, essays, and the like.

Everyone Wants To Be A Hero, And Everyone Can Be.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dr. Nikolai on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:20 pm

"Everyone can rise to be a hero, just not the way you seem it is. You can be a hero by helping someone cross the street, giving a homeless individual money for food, or just by saying have a good day to someone when you leave, who knows, they might have had a horrible day and you just made it better. You don't have to wear a cape, or be super-strong. You just have to be able to make the right choice, the one that agrees with your morals. You'll sure feel like a hero after, as you made a difference, even a small one".

This is something I wrote while feeling like I could never make a difference in someone's life, I have always wanted to be a hero, that would help people, and I realized that even saying have a good day to someone made me a hero, and helping someone with their books, or just listening to them talk when they were feeling down made me feel like a hero.

You just have to believe that you can make a difference and you will, no matter how many other people say that you're foolish, or stupid, ignore them, and make the best damn difference in life.

Just follow your morals, and make sure that your morals are the right thing, and make the difference, and you will feel like a hero, even without the cape, super-strength, or being from another planet :)
~"You ask who you love, and you don't know, no, do you?
The spirit of God just passes right through you
You gave away heaven, handed right to you
And I can see it all tell me is it true?
And kiss me my darling, darling I need you"~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dr. Nikolai
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Re: Everyone Wants To Be A Hero, And Everyone Can Be.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lostamongtrees on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:23 pm

Everyone needs to read this immediately.
So often do we doubt our goals, our purpose, ourselves, that we forget this.
Thanks for the awesome reminder. :)
tag me in the chat!

Become a Cartographer
Chart the stars of
The Multiverse with us!

The Hunt
Do you have what it takes
to become a Hunter?

"Across the nations the stories spread like spiderweb laid upon spiderweb, and men and women planned the future, believing they knew truth.
They planned, and the Pattern absorbed their plans, weaving toward the future foretold."

- Robert Jordan

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

lostamongtrees
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Group Theory Helmsman Builder Streamwatcher Beta Tester Storyteller Maiden Voyager Greeter Concierge Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Tipworthy Cult Leader Hordemaster Historian Lifegiver Visual Appeal Donated! Salesman Property Buyer Contributor Giver Giver

Re: Everyone Wants To Be A Hero, And Everyone Can Be.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klein on Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:40 pm

Agreed. This made my somewhat horrible day slightly better, thank you for posting this. I shall link it to my friends.~

Hopefully it can remind me of what I desire to do down the road.

Klein
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!