Exalted: A Fantasy Adventure With Demi-Gods.

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Exalted: A Fantasy Adventure With Demi-Gods.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:35 pm

roleplay/exalted-a-tale-in-the-time-of-tumult

Long ago, before written history, before the concept of history, the primordial forged creation from the raw essence of energies of chaos. To oversee the maintenance of their great work, they then made the gods to preform the task for them and mortal's to sustain the gods through prayer and worship.

The Primordial's proved cruel and negligent taskmasters though, and it was not long before the gods plotted their rebellion against them but found themselves bound by a powerful geas that prevented them from raising a had against their masters. Mortal life was not included in this geas though for the primordial's had thought them too frail to be a threat, and in this the gods made their plan. They gathered the greatest champions of human kind and empowered them with a potion of the divine's own essence creating the first generation of the exalted.

These demi-gods then waged war on the primordial's, toppling their throne's, slaying some, imprisoning the rest and eventually claiming victory. In reward for this they inherited rule of the mortal world from the gods, but the primordial's cursed their vanquisher's in their defeat as their last act before they were exiled from creation's halls. This curse would be the exalted's undoing, turning them against one another and eventually sparking a civil war amongst their kind that has since lead the world into a downward spiral through cataclysm after cataclysim.

You are one of these exalted, born into the waning days of the second age. The Empress of the Scarlet Empire has vanished and the eleven great houses are preparing to tear each other apart to claim her throne. It's tributaries states slowly contemplate rebellion even as barbarians ready to invade. It's god's are absent or beleaguered by divine politics and corruption. Beyond Creations borders and below it's soil's ancient horror's once thought defeated or held at bay make ready to take advantage of the chaos.

It would seem to all the world that the end is upon them, but fear not for you are exalted. In you is the soul of a hero, powered by a divine spark granted by the gods. In you is the power to change the world and right ancient wrongs. In you is the inherited destiny and legacy of a legend.

Go forth young champion and conquer.

For the better part of a year I've been working on and off to convert the exalted game line onto gateway. And now after much sweat and tears I am just a few days away from being finished. While I am still fine tuning and finalizing the rules and set up and won't be opening be opeing the gates until maybe Aug/12 (or earlier if I can hammer it out fast enough) I'd like to put this post here for recruitment now to drum up interest and give potential players a quick look over of the setting and form their own character Idea's for it.

If anyone has questions, feel free to shoot them my way. ^.^ Hoping to role play with you all soon.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wake
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Salesman Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver

Re: Exalted: A Fantasy Adventure With Demi-Gods.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oborosen on Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:42 pm

I am interested in this Rp.
Are there any other rules for what kind of gods you can have or is the list going to be set later in some way?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Oborosen
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:34 am

There is a list. It's a bit scattered right now but there are a defined 'set' of exalted. I have an overview set up in the roleplay's ooc thread if you want to have a look.

Wake
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Salesman Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:12 am

By the way, I've set up a discord group for this. If anyone is interested in joining after they've taken a look, shoot me a pm for an invite.

Wake
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Oborosen on Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:18 pm

The limit break rule may be something that is a little of putting, but I am still well interested in the prospect of the Rp. I'll finish reading over the listing of the different domains and then see what kind of character I can add for myself.

How many players are you looking to get?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

Oborosen
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sepokku on Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:32 pm

Oborosen wrote:The limit break rule may be something that is a little of putting, but I am still well interested in the prospect of the Rp. I'll finish reading over the listing of the different domains and then see what kind of character I can add for myself.

How many players are you looking to get?

We have 4 currently, a couple more would be nice

Sepokku
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Friendly Beginnings World Builder Visual Appeal Conversationalist Person of Interest Greeter Arc Warden Property Buyer Storyteller Completionist Novelist Group Theory Helmsman Concierge Salesman Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oborosen on Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:28 am

I tried making a character over the weekend, however I don't see it on the main page.

Did the character get added and It's just invisible until you accept it? Because I can't even see it in my character roster.

Oborosen
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:29 am

We've decided to open up recruitment again. Looking for one or two more players for the next leg of our journey.

Wake
Member for 9 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!