Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Exhibition Team

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

If you have something you want to present to the entire community, post it here.

Exhibition Team

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:43 pm

We'll be making excursions to several other sites to try and glean some users from them.

These teams will consist of two or more GWing RPers who will start a roleplay on the target site, and will be setting an example for the RPers there. Give them reason to join GWing.

Volunteers for Team 1?
Ludwig von Mises, The Theory of Money and Credit wrote:Perpetual vigilance on the part of the citizens can achieve what a thousand laws and dozens of alphabetical bureaus with hordes of employees never have and never will achieve: the preservation of a sound currency.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:43 pm

Teams

Team 1
You have a numerical designation until you guys can come up with a name. <3
Current Target: RPGChat
Eiji
Moonwolf
SSJHunterKiller
Zhelir

Reserves:
Gabriel Faile
Last edited by Remæus on Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:36 pm

Hey, if it'll help expand GWing, you know I'm in! You'd be hard pressed to keep me out of it!

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:45 pm

I'll do what I can, though I'm having a hard time keep up with Gwing right now. So...consider me reserves. Heh.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwolf on Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:00 pm

I'm in. Since all my major stuff are over, I have plenty of time to kill.

Moonwolf
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eiji` on Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:42 am

I'm interested.
Raw poems, bury your body in catacombs.
Rip your soul from your limbs like brims from Jip Jones.

In the Twilight Zone, we disperse cowards.
Vampires that stalk earth on reversed hours.

Eiji`
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:36 pm

=O And here I thought I was guaranteed to the point of being automatically included.

At any rate, you know I'm in.
STAVE: Commala-come-ki,
There's a time to live and one to die.
With your back against the final wall
Ya gotta let the bullets fly.

RESPONSE: Commala-come-ki!
Let the bullets fly!
Don't 'ee mourn for me, my lads
When it comes my day to die.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:18 am

Alright, I've decided on where the team will be heading this time around.

http://forums.rpgchat.com

You can jump to creating an account, as they don't allow non-registered users to view the forum anymore. You should post here with your username - I'm registered as Alighieri.

Feel free to come up with your own sigs and promotional material - I've set my custom user title as "GWing Roleplayer", for example. Go ahead and explore the community, even introduce yourself.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what kind of game you want to run?

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:54 pm

Sadly I still haven't come up with any ideas, but I'm up and registered, ready to move at a moments notice. Geese, I'm making this sound like a military operation. Guess that's what I get for watching Wing while doing all this stuff.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:27 pm

I haven't registered yet, but I'm going to as Soldier_Rain. I won't be RPing as the current-story Rain, though; I'll be using the 'good' side of him (which means any of you coming will get a peek into the future of my character =P). I'd say we just see what they've got going, and slip into something.

As for a name for the team, I'm not so sure. I would say the Remnants, but Eiji isn't a remnant of AM, which kind of defeats that. Personally, I'm fond of the Icebreakers, referencing the ships that run ahead of a convoy and break up ice in the winter to allow the rest in.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:20 am

Hrm, still no ideas?

Also, has anyone been acquainting themselves with the site?

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:28 am

I'm doing that right now, I just needed to think of something to say that didn't make it sounds like we were coming to take over and/or bashing every other RP site.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:39 am

Heh, yeah. We're actually there to participate, and make an impression. Maybe if we're lucky, some people with gather an interest in us. ;)

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:03 pm

Why not ask Stiches if we can use the idea for No Way Out? That's one hell of an idea and I've having fun with it!

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:37 pm

It's up to her. :D

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stitches on Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:21 pm

If you want to use it -feel free. I'm actually surprised you took an interest. I like the idea of being stuck in a game which may infact kill you. There are so many ways we could bring it to a close. I mean, it doesn't have to be a game they are stuck in. What if they were sent into the far future?.. And there really is no way out.

BABBLE2THEMAXXX.

Yes, it's fine!

Stitches
Member for 12 years
Progenitor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:01 pm

Sweet! Well it's an awesome idea, like I've said many times already. So yeah, if you guys are up to it, what do you say?

As a nice little side note - This is my 500th post! I'm a Usual Suspect now!

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:38 pm

Greeting my friends. As we all know, or as most of us know, Eric has set up a team of Role Players from GWing to go out and spread the word of GWing and also to help set up friends across the net. Well I’m here to tell the members of the team, and anyone else that wishes to give it a try, about a place called Hybrid Realms. This is a different sort of Role Playing site, well at least different from what I have come across. This site employs a leveling up system to increase a characters power, much like RP video games. A character starts off as a low level and through role playing training and different quests gain experience and grows in levels becoming more powerful. Hybrids Realms allowed players to create any sort of character form anime to fantasy and employs both Forum and Chat role playing to suit different player’s styles of role playing. To gain levels a player will need to constantly stay active, meaning participating at least two out of seven days a week. The leveling up system is based on how many words are used, similar to the monetary system we have here at GWing. This creates an unbiased system where cheating is kept to a minimal. A social role playing bonus is given out as a flat amount depending on the strength of a character.

Well I hope some of you guys decide to give it a try. I’m joining myself, I was anyway, but I hope to see some of you there!
http://www.hybridrealms.net/Home.php

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gundam Gears on Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:12 pm

Hell, I'll help get it out. Whether you like it or not, I'm spreading GWing.net one way or another.
Though my right hand is made of metals, I am still a normal man.. For the normality is always there, you just don't know it..(I build Gundams)

Gundam Gears
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:08 pm

Something else we (I) should consider is putting together a page with all sorts of links and banner info, and methods individuals can help promote GWing. Perhaps Dearth will give us (me) a hand with the graphics and such?

I'll likely throw this together tomorrow. :)

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.