Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

In Exile--Paris

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

In Exile--Paris

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:45 pm

Her eyes shot open and greeted Zeke with a feral look as he shook her awake. Slowly the wildness subsided as she took stock of where they were. She followed Zeke silently holding on to his hand like a frightened child. She still didn't speak as the cab took off towards their destination. She stared out of the window as Paris flew by her. The city had much the same feel of Florence as the modern buildings had sprung up around those that were centuries old, and the trees that lined streets stretched towards the sky. But there was still something different about the place, it wasn't home. There wasn't the smell off of the sea, or the the looming shadow of history's greatest families.

The Cab stopped and Zeke paid the driver before getting out and helping her out. As the cab pulled off Seraphina took a moment to look around, to try and place where in Paris she was but it was impossible. Zeke took off in front of her and she caught up to him

"Mio Dio!"

she whispered her voice conveying the sense of being lost and the sense of awe.

"I never expected to come to Paris under these circumstances. Where are we going Zeke?"

Her voice was frail with exhaustion, though she had slept most of the way, the emotional toll was showing.
In Exile

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zeke on Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:17 pm

Zeke headed towards the building the driver dropped them off in front of. When he was gone he turned around and they made there way back to the side walk. He could tell by the look on Seraphina's face she was confused. He turned left on the side walk and started to walk back the way they had come before he started to speak.
"Sera, my dear, there are a few simple rules to disappear without a trace. And because of my red hair I am rather easy to spot and not hard to mistake. Therefore, I am implying one of these rules. Misdirection. I had the cab drop us off there so if anyone questions him about it he shows them there, we are in fact going to Gabriel's apartment which is down this side street up ahead, because I know that if I were looking for you, your fiance's place would be the last place I look, and it's not even registered under his real name so it makes it that much harder."
The made a left onto the side street and began to walk slowly down it. On the right side of the street there was a small apartment building, four stories tall. It looked like it was very run down and not a nice place to live. The inside rooms were not very pleasant either.

They made there way through the front door of the building and Zeke pulled a key from his pocket and unlocked the heavy door before heading past the elevator to the stairs.

The two of them walked up three flights of stairs and stopped at the third floor and made a right down the hall. There was three rooms in each of the halls. Two on the right side, and one on the left. Two halls to each floor. Zeke and Seraphina went to the last room in this hall number 306 and stopped in front of it.

Zeke began to examine the trim beside that ran along the ground and up over the door. He smiled slyly when he found what he was looking for and slid the piece out and removed a key. He unlocked the door and slipped the key and trim back into place before he entered.He flicked on the light beside the door and closed it behind them.

The room they were in was the kitchen, it was a very tiny room with an old fridge and an island right before them with all of Gabe's pots hanging from it, all of the pots were strangely new compared to everything else in sight. There was a table a little to the left, and in the back left corner of the room was a narrow hallway that led to his living room, the same size as the kitchen with his ratty old chair with no legs and a bunch of rips in it and the couch that was almost knew except for a few holes and his little brown TV that looked like it was from the sixties. The only room off of the hallway was his bed room, where the washroom was located.

Zeke made his way into the living room and sat down on the couch beside the one of his many ashtrays and lit up a smoke before pulling out his phone and dialing a number. There was a few seconds pause before he started to speak.

"Yeah. Yeah. Paris. Yours. Yeah. I hope so."
Zeke looked up at Seraphina as he took a deep inhale and leaned back into the couch.
"He'll be here as soon as he can."

OOC :: Description of the apartment is right from Gabe.
The Scars That We Wear Will Never Go Away,
The Friends That We Lost Can Never Be Replaced,
What''s It Going To Take And How Many Have To Die,
''Til We Put Away Our Heads And Open Up Our Eyes.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zeke
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:28 am

Seraphina followed Zeke closely her heart pounding in her chest when he mentioned Gabriel. As they entered the building her eyes darted about like a frightened bird. It was about the last place she imagined Gabriel living. Though it made perfect sense in order to stay hidden.

As she walked through the halls she began to miss the simple luxury that she lived in. she had never considered herself ostentatious until she entered Gabe's apartment. There was a simplicity to it all despite the shock that she felt about him living there. Of course, she thought to herself, this is the man who lives out of a mobile suit, even when in the most beautiful of cities.

As Zeke spoke to Gabe she pulled the wig off and let her long brown hair down. She tan her fingers through it. She tossed the wig on the kitchen table. It felt good to have the damnable thing off of her head.

She smiled when Zeke told her the Gabriel would be there as soon as he could be, but her eyes showed the exhaustion, and fear. She sat down in his chair her whole body shaking as the adrenaline left, and began to absentmindedly chew at her lower lip. She was eager to see him again, even overjoyed, but the circumstances of their meeting, and having to face him after everything that happened on L-1...she hung her face in her hands. She was too tired to cry, too tired to sleep. She lifted her head and looked at Zeke.

"Can I steal a cigarette?"

She asked as she dug Gabe's lighter from her pocket.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zeke on Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:41 pm

Zeke raised a brow while taking an inhale as she asked. As he exhaled he kept his eyes on her to make sure she was serious. When this graceful ambassador pulled a lighter out of her bag, Gabriel's lighter Zeke couldn't help it any longer. He burst in to full on laughter at her request.

When his laughter died he looked at her again, this time with a serious expression.

"Let's switch places for a minute, what would you do in my situation?"
When she stared at him blankly for a minute he shook his head.
"Of course you can't have a cigarette. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. If you want to smoke tobacco, fine, marijuana, fine, nicotine, fuck no. This stuff kills you and this is the strongest brand on the market."
He shook his head again and went back to smoking as he turned on the TV and threw the remote at her.
"Find something to watch."
He said as he got up and went into the kitchen.

Zeke
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:08 pm

She glared after him as he walked into the kitchen. Her nerves on edge and her ribs killing her she needed something anything to calm her down. She flipped through the channels absentmindedly, not really caring. She stopped briefly on a program about Florence but changed the channel quickly when they camera focused in on Il Duomo. She shook her head and turned it to Football, trying to swallow back the tears that suddenly threatened to come. She was already homesick.

"Well If I can't have a cigarette, do think Gabe might have a bottle of wine hiding somewhere?"

She said as she stuffed his lighter back into her pocket. The fear and exhaustion had worn her voice rice paper thin. It Cracked under the weight of her words.

She pulled the necklace out from under her shirt that bore the weight of her engagement ring and took it off slipping the ring back onto her finger. The simple act bringing her closer to Gabe

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zeke on Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:16 pm

He began fumbling around in the kitchen when she approached him from behind. He heard her speak over his shoulder as he leaned over the stove with a pot of boiling water and another pot full of vegetable soup.
"Sera, I am brewing you some tea as we speak but if you still wish to calm your nerves then I believe the alcohol is in Gabe's room. The only door in the hallway you cannot miss it."
He turned back to the stove and stirred the soup a little bit.

Zeke
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:50 pm

She shook her head and then leaned against Zeke's shoulder, tears forming in the corner of her eyes.

"I am sorry, Zeke. I am just rattled to the very core, and in a lot of pain. I honestly never imagined anything like this ever happening to me. I am just a harmless art historian."

She looked in Zeke's red eyes, searching for an answer as to why her life had gotten so complicated, when only a few nights ago it had been so simple. The newly engaged woman of a man she had loved for over three years despite spending four days together out of that span of time.

She lifted her head from his shoulder and desperately fought for some sense of dignity, tried to pull the coldness of the Ambassador around her she couldn't. It was obvious to Zeke the trouble she was having being strong. Her shoulder slumped beneath the weight she was carrying, and her face showed her pain both physical and emotional. Slowly the sense of separation that had nearly engulfed in her Florence crept up on her. Lost and alone with a strange man in Paris she slowly walked to the kitchen door and turned around again to look at Zeke.

"Thank you for everything, again."

She said, her voice sounding distant even like it was being played back from a recording, before walking out of the kitchen and sitting back down on the couch

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:52 pm

The engine screeched and the tires burned as the stolen motorcycle drifted around the corner onto his street. The growl of the motor echoed through the buildings as he pulled the heavy piece of machinery to a halt. His gloved hand turned the keys and removed them slowly from the ignition.

Gabe could feel his heart beating faster and faster like a rapid flowing river he was lost in the current as he approached the first door leading to his home and his fiance. He ran up the stairs as fast as he could. His feet gently clicking on every stair letting out a tiny echo in the desolate building.

He threw the door open anxiously but calmed himself as he began his approach upon his room. He ever so slowly walked down the hall and removed the key from the hole in the wall.

Quickly he slid it into the lock and turned it before replacing it in the trim. A massive grin all of a sudden hit him as he turned the handle and flung the door open.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:18 pm

Seraphina tensed as the door opened, her knuckles turned white as she gripped the arms of the chair. As the door swung open she held her breath. IN the dorrway stood Gabriel. Tears collected on her lashes as she looked up and the familiar frame of her Fiance. She stood up and ran to him, throwing her arms around his neck and bursting into tears as she kissed him. Tears ran from her face to his as she placed a passionate deep kiss on his lips.

She stepped back and looked up into his green eyes

"Mio angelo, mio amore."

She pulled him inside and shut the door, before throwing herself into his arms again, sobbing against his chest. He let go of her and [b]led her to the cauch where she took a seat, with him kneeling in front of her. She wiped the tears from her eyes.

"I am so scared, Gabriel. My own Family wants me dead for what I did to Dante. I need to disappear. Please help me?"

Her lower lip tremled, and her hands shook in his. Her brown eyes looked at him full of fear and confusion,[/b]

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:15 pm

A massive smile hit him as Seraphina ran to his arms. He felt the warmth of her through the kiss. It was the first time in what seemed like way too long, even though it had only been a fortnight. When she began to cry he put on a confused face and brought her into his living room. She sat down on the chair and he knelt down infront of her.
"Okay my beloved, tell me w'at 'as transpired."
He said to her as he began to rub her leg to comfort her.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zeke on Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:52 pm

Zeke finally finished the vegetable soup he had been slaving over for a matter of minutes. He smiled as he poured it into two bowls and poured two cups of green tea.

He made his way into the living room where Sera was crying still. He could see the love through her tears, she was incredibly glad to have him back.

Zeke set the tray down on the make-shift table and smiled to Gabriel before pushing his red hair back and lighting another smoke.

"Gabriel, when you get a chance friend, I would like to speak with you."
Gabe looked up at him and nodded. Zeke smiled and walked back into the kitchen. He took a seat upon the counter and waited patiently for them to finish as he smoked.

OOC :: Sorry about the delay. I just moved into my own place and started college as well as working full time. I hope that I'll be around more.

Zeke
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:59 pm

Gabriel stood and smiled at Seraphina. He kissed her upon the forehead before walking into the kitchen with Zeke. Gabriel pulled out a cigarette and lit it before looking up at him.
"Zeke, I must t'ank you. You 'ave done a wonderful job taking care of my wife Seraphina. Anyt'ing I can do for you, just name it."

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:36 pm

Sera watched as Gabriel left the room her eye lingered on his frame. She wiped the tears from her eyes and forced herself to brethe normally. She picked up the bowl and began to eat. THe hot soup did wonders to calm her nerves. SHe waited patiently for him to return. As she calmed down she began to piece things together in a logical order, so that her story was at least coherrent. She set down the soup and sipped the tea. It burned away her irrationality, she knew she was safe now at last.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zeke on Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:20 am

Zeke smiled as Gabriel spoke to him. He hung his head as he looked over his new markings once again before looking back up to Gabe.

He strained his neck a bit to look into the living room to see if Seraphina was eating. His smile grew as he saw that she was.

"Friend, I would like to ask your permission for a leave. My job appears to be done to me and I would like to ask you for a leave of unknown time."

Zeke
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:40 am

Gabriel smiled to him and helped him down and gave him a hug.
"Zeke, you 'ave done more dan your fair share an I can only 'ope dat your payment shows my gratitude. Take your leave an go as long as you must. We shall be looking forward to your return."
Gabriel smiled and reached into his pocket and pulled out his little black cell phone and set it on the counter.
"So we cannot reach you. If you need to get a 'old of us you may, but not vice versa."
He gave Zeke another hug good bye before making his way back into his living room. He took his seat beside his fiancee and picked up his soup, taking a spoonful.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zeke on Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:26 pm

Zeke smiled as Gabe turned his back and he bowed to the man he called friend. His smile grew as he picked up his coat and walked out the door.

It was time for a fresh beginning.

The mercinaries eyes lit up as the sun streaked down upon him as he made his way into the center of Paris. His destination was obvious. The train station.

Zeke even smiled as he bought the tickets from the vendor behind the glass. He felt like a new person until he felt the two weapons hitting his chest in his walk. His smile slowly faded as he pulled open the dark lapels of the long coat.

He finally decided with a huge sigh that he should keep them just until he reached his destination,where ever that may be, just in case.

Zeke
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:01 pm

Sera watched as Zeke left, she felt she should say something but she held her tongue and wished him a safe journey wherever that may be. She turned and faced Gabriel, heaving sigh she set down her bowl. She looked him over as though asking for permission to speak not wanting to spoil the moment. HE stopped eating and looked at her love filling his green eyes.

She swallowed hard before beginning.

"Mio Amore' I need your help, I have to disappear my own family is trying to kill me."

The tears began to form and cling to her lashes, her lower lip quivered as sobs threatened to consume her speech. She looked to him her deep brown eyes searching for forgiveness for sins he did yet even know about.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:48 pm

Gabriel stopped as she spoke and set down the bowl of soup. He picked up the green tea and leaned back into the chair and took a sip. He looked over at her calmly. His military instincts taking over as he once again set down the green tea and leaned with his elbows on his knees gazing directly into her eyes.
"Well my love, we should be safe 'ere for de night."
He took her hand in his and placed a gentle kiss upon the back of it. He then looked back up at her and smiled.
"For tonight, I t'ink you should not fret over it. For dis night, we should relish each ot'ers company."
He gave her hand a little squeeze and move around the table. He then sat down beside her and wrapped his arms around her shoulders and he placed a kiss upon her cheek.
"Tonight, is for us."
He then kissed her like he had never kissed her before. Like it was both the first and the last time they would ever touch lips. He loved her dearly.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:29 pm

She gave herself over to him completely, knowing that in his arms she would be safe. He loved her and right now that was all that mattered. The terrible thoughts of of the both of them being hunted, of separation. It didn't matter in that blissful kiss.

When their lips parted she smiled at him, the bright beaming smile that she couldn't hide around him no matter how terrible the circumstances.

"I have missed you, mio angelo, so much, so terribly."

Her voice was barely above a whisper. She rested his head against his shoulder and shut her eyes against the pain that had been raging inside her since Dante's attack and subsequent murder.

She sat up and took a sip of the green tea.

"Since I am here do you think it would be safe for me to get a tour of your beautiful Paris, or shall we stay in?"

She pressed herself to him as close as flesh would allow, all she wanted was to wrapped up in his wings, even if she was the only one who saw them.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:36 pm

He smiled at her request. His head dropped so his bangs covered his sight. He then slowly raised his head and pulled out a cigarette from his pack before slipping one into his mouth and lighting it quickly with a disposable.
"Well..."
He said as he pulled the cigarette from his lips. It was trailed by a wave of smoke and he rested his hand upon the arm beside him.
"It seems dat we should stay in, considering your current situation. But... w'en are we ever going to be in Paris on such a beautiful day again?"
He replied smiling before taking another drag of the cigarette. Gabriel stood up and held his hand out ot her to help her up.
"Come. We'll get you cleaned up, and get your coat."

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.