EXPERIMENT: Shared Storage Solutions

a topic in Our Greatest Quest Yet, a part of the RPG forum.

We've a lot of work to do. There's already a big list of ways to help, but maybe we're missing something? Come here to discuss!

EXPERIMENT: Shared Storage Solutions

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:12 pm

I'd like to experiment with shared storage solutions for resources like images and videos. You might have heard of Dropbox, which allows multiple individuals to synchronize files on their computers — shared storage is the general idea behind this service, but Dropbox in particular requires a centralized server to operate. I'd like for our solutions to be decentralized, so I'm looking for your help in testing them.

Step 1: join the "planar" swarm
Step 2: respond to this thread with a post indicating that you've joined.

The Idea
If you have a collection of images that you frequently use for avatars, consider placing them into the folder. As others do the same, the library can grow to contain many images — potentially even organized by name, subject, and size. We'll start with this simple test to determine next steps.

Let's see how this goes!
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 14 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver

Re: EXPERIMENT: Shared Storage Solutions

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:29 am

Okay, I'm in. This should be good.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

LawOfTheLand
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 11 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!