Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism »

Players Wanted: Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution »

A.N.G.E.L. The Eniknight War

Explaining the Eniknight

a part of “A.N.G.E.L. The Eniknight War”, a fictional universe by XxEvil1xX.

The Artomidian National Govt. is fighting a losing war against the more advanced Stratian Republic in a brutal battle for survival. Desperate, the ANG introduces anew prototype aerial armor that soon changes the face of war and blurs the fabric of reality

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A.N.G.E.L. The Eniknight War”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Explaining the Eniknight

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxEvil1xX on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:00 pm

While getting our name out to other roleplayers I have been answering a series of questions to explain our roleplay to people. One important question came up asking what the over all theme of the roleplay was and how is it both a sci-fi and fantasy genre. I told him it all circulates around the eniknight and its pros and cons. I presented a detailed description of how the eniknight becomes so powerful and a few other things that I may or may not have informed some of you of. So I decided to post my response to his question on here, thinking it will be informative to all of you as well since the eniknight is about to make its debut.

Thank you for taking the interest to learn more about my RP pal.
Yes you are correct ANGEL is a blend of both Sci-Fi and fantasy. I would equate the style of fantasy to that of Evangelion if you are familiar with it (hopefully not with a similar ending).

Theme
The theme of the story is around the armors, and the users struggle to harness such overwhelming power while maintaining sanity and more.
In a way you could say that the protagonist is all those who use the eniknight armors and the antagonist are the armors themselves. Here is why:
Eniknight Characteristics
The armors merge with the physical bodies of the users, essentially they become an authentic artificially made exoskeleton. This is what gives the users their enhanced abilities such as speed, strength, and agility. Alone that makes the eniknights an ideal weapon, however it requires an additional feature that is the eniknights double edged sword.
The Neural Tap
The additional feature is a microscopic microchip that is permanently inserted into the users brain. This is called a neural tap. The neural tap is what makes the RP a fantasy, its what gives the user its control over the eniknight, (the ability to have the eniknight remove itself from the user, control all its digital functions, control flight, and most notably controls chi weaponry, which is raw life energy that is converted into deadly energy weapons)
The problems with the neural taps, is that some of them are defective and because they have access to all regions of the brain, having a corrupted one is like giving the keys to a school bus full of children to a serial killer. The corrupt neural chips will attempt to warp the minds of its users giving them violent evil tendencies, until more or less the armor is controlling the human and not the other way around.

Eniknight Evolution
One of the harmless defects of all the eniknights is that they all start off looking the same but eventually impossible for them to remain looking uniformed over time. Because the eniknight becomes part of the body and is controlled from the users brain, the armor undergoes a feat that occurs far more slower in people and that is evolution. This is why everyones eniknight will look different, because they mold themselves to the users liking.
This is how the genre goes from sci-fi to fantasy, the corrupted eniknights go through a more radical form of the evolution, some permanently altering the users genetic make up, turning the users into monsters. Later on some of the main villains artificial wings on the armor become actual wings, helmets merge with the faces and become teeth and horns, and some maintain full intelligence and consciousness of their changed state, while others just turn into uncontrollable beast. It is when this happens that the story shifts from having no true villain at all to having a profoundly evil faction of them. .

(this atleast was how the old ANGEL 10 years ago was fashioned, again my roleplayers however are what mold the Roleplay, if it is viewed as cheesy or thinks it could be tweaked some then the rp may or may not have some of these qualities. I hope that they do however as of right this serves as a template that has yet to be set in stone)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

XxEvil1xX
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Explaining the Eniknight

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxEvil1xX on Sat May 24, 2014 4:30 pm

Okay, I understand my last post was a wee bit on the lengthy side since I tried to fill in some of the plot holes, and make magic seem more like science. So I apologize if it got a little text bookish. That said, I figured it would benefit everyone if I provided a cliff note version of the pros and cons of the different agrarian variants your Stratian characters may pick, So here they are.

The military variant:

Pros:
+No side effects, or altered state of mind.
+More of a focus on the armors use of traditional weapons
+More of a focus on the users physical ability.

Cons.
-Little to no emphasis on Chi based attacks
-Does not have as great of an evolutionary ability as other eniknights meaning no significant change in appearance or special abilities .

Summary:
The military variant is your typical generic soldier class. Nothing particularly special when it comes to fancy attacks but Handles well in mobility and weapons use. Roleplayers who identify more with tank or rogue classes may prefer this variant.

Milton Variant

Pros:
+Well rounded in both physical and Chi attacks
+Equals to the ANGEL variant eniknights
+Reduced risk of physical and psychological side effects

Cons
-lesser efficiency in physical criteria then the military grade variants.
-Mild risk of physical and psychological side effects'
-Lesser efficiency in Chi attacks than Iscariot varriants

Summary
This varient is your balanced class you have already come to know. An exact copy of ANGEL's eniknights. They Wield capabilities of both other variants but are middle of the road neither lacking or excelling in any particular area. They run the same risk of mild psychological alterations and very minuscule physical alterations over time as that of their rival ANGEL variants. The armor is capable of a steady gradual evolution in physical appearance and abilities. Traditional roleplayers who identify with paladins would likely prefer this class.. You will likely want this variant if you want your character to struggle with their humanity but maintain relatively the same persona they've always had.

The Iscariot Variant
Pros
+Focus greatly on chi based attacks that surpasses that of all variants.
+Has a rapid growth in evolution being able to alter its appearance and gain abilities faster and more efficiently than other variants.

Cons
-Variant is unstable, leaving the user highly susceptible to physical and psychological side effects from mergers with the armor.
-less emphasis on armoring and traditional weapons
-Higher probability of permanent alterations to character (

Summary
The Iscariot variant is arguably the more powerful of the different variants of eniknights. This variant will prove to be very dangerous to any adversary at the risk of endangering the users own state of mind. The Iscariots variants are masters of chi attacks and able to manipulate the energy as if they were deadly works of art, similar to that of magic spells found in other roleplays. The Iscariot eniknights are not without traditional weapons but often opt to neglect them for their more powerful abilities. Traditional roleplayers who identify with wizards and mages would be more prone to select this variant. The chip in these variants that link the users mind to its armor are more easily corrupted and will completely alter a persons behavior and mindset. Where as the Milton Variant users may run the chance of struggling with their humanity, the Iscariot variant users are more prone to lose their humanity, taking on personas they otherwise may not. Pick this variant basically if you want to go from good or neutral to evil.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

XxEvil1xX
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JokerofSpades on Tue May 27, 2014 2:36 pm

Thanks for the list, but now I have a question:

For Horatio, I'm conflicted as to what exoskeleton he should have - its the only thing holding back my ability to post. Judging by his (soon to be) backstory, what would you think would be the best one to go?

I was thinking maybe the Militon, but I'm not sure.
What's that, the picture is gone? Damn it all. Uh, move along, nothing to see down here besides these words.

JokerofSpades
Member for 10 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxEvil1xX on Tue May 27, 2014 4:50 pm

Yes the Militon would perhaps look best.

And looking at my post I dont want to convey the wrong message and make it look like I am needlessly complicating things when they dont need to be. To sum up even further think of the three variants like this.

Military = generic, uniformed, designed generally for standard NPC soldiers with no real special abilities
Militon= Perfect for characters who want to remain good, and be equals with ANGEL eniknights; well rounded
Iscariot= Perfect for characters who want to stand out in the story in looks, behavior, and flashy moves. Going to be the main source for characters to transition their alignment to evil (though doesnt mean if you have an Iscariot armor you have to be evil, that is your choice)

So if you want your character to remain the same as far as behavior and such go with the Milton variant. If you want your character to go into a radical new direction, have flashy chi attacks, or turn evil go with the Iscariot. If you want to fall in line with all of the NPCs then go with the military.

XxEvil1xX
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JokerofSpades on Tue May 27, 2014 10:39 pm

Truthfully I was looking at it with a more tone like 'Which one of these would be the most likely to malfunction and cause Horatio to lose most of the mobility in his legs?'

I hadn't really thought about it in that sense.

Anyway, a post should occur sometime tomorrow I'm thinking ^^

JokerofSpades
Member for 10 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxEvil1xX on Tue May 27, 2014 11:46 pm

Ah then you would want the Iscariot variant. Its the most unstable and will be most likely to fuck with its user.

XxEvil1xX
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JokerofSpades on Wed May 28, 2014 8:45 am

True: however, I hadn't planned on having him change his personality much though...

JokerofSpades
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxEvil1xX on Wed May 28, 2014 8:56 am

Not manditory :) effects every user differently. One of those things that should you choose, you have an explanation why

XxEvil1xX
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JokerofSpades on Wed May 28, 2014 2:04 pm

Alrighty! Expect my post up soon!

JokerofSpades
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Thu May 29, 2014 10:04 am

I'll be trying to get a post up when I can, but I'm hitting end of semester assignments (3 * 2000 words due on the 4th, 9th and 11th), so I'm probably going to hold off until after those are done. I don't have exams as a tradeoff, so I'll be free to participate during the exam break. As a heads up though, Flay will likely go for an Iscariot, while Trent will go with Militon model. Sarah Lorian intends to oversea the Militon models as well.
Roleplayer For Hire.
Will work for free~ Inquiry via PM welcome! Always willing to take on any role so long as it interests me! Protagonists to Villains to Minor Roles - Fantasy to Sci-Fi to High School - Action to Comedy to Romance - Anything goes!

Tanman
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxEvil1xX on Thu May 29, 2014 10:44 am

Easily understandable man, you know I care more about your contributions to your class and work place more than this, so whenever you are good and ready :)

Thank you for the heads up too btw, helps me plan ahead.

XxEvil1xX
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 9 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!