Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

An explorer from the very edges of time...

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

An explorer from the very edges of time...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HelplessBystander on Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:48 pm

Hello everyone,
I am HelplessBystander, a passionate RPer who have been into RPGs since their childhood. My first RPG was Call of Cthulhu, and, as I recall, I died with three sessions of the game. Hence the reason why I called myself HelplessBystander, and I have since then developed a love of Horror and Superntural fiction. I enjoy these types of RPGs, but I don't mind opening myself up to other genres.

I found RolePlayGateway through google in an attempt to find interesting RP sites with a variety of genres, and are open to wide and active community of different types of people. :)

I'm a quick-learner so if there's anything I still don't understand about this site and its community, I'll try my best to learn!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

HelplessBystander
Member for 7 years
Friendly Beginnings Author Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: An explorer from the very edges of time...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saviarre on Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:23 pm

Welcome! Love the name! It's a rare RPer who is willing to accept a character death (especially so early on!), so my hat is off to you already!

I think you might like it here! RolePlayGateway is home to a bajillion different RPs, a buttload of different genres and a plethora of amazing writers*.

You say that you love horror and supernatural fiction, but that you wouldn't mind opening yourself up to other genres. Do you have any genres that you're NOT interested in?

My name is Saviarre, and I've been around here for.... a little while.... <_< I'm not the most knowledgeable about everything, but I'm always willing to figure out what I don't know. So, if I can help answer questions or point you in the right direction, let me know.

Welcome aboard! I look forward to seeing what adventures await you here!

Saviarre

*All units of measure are estimates. My calculations may be slightly off with an average error rate of +/- 3.
(thanks for the picture, Mid! I love it!)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Saviarre
Fundraising Hero
Fundraising Hero
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Millionaire Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HelplessBystander on Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:32 pm

I'm okay with vampires and werewolves as well. Thanks for welcoming me on board!

Is there any RPs about Psychic abilities and Gods that you would reccomend? :)

HelplessBystander
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CaptainGrue on Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:11 pm

Greetings fellow traveller!
Do feel welcome. But don't touch the jaffa cakes... They smile when you do. I have nightmares.

Can't say i know a specific rp about gods+psychic powers, butttt I'm in the early movements on my own rp here.
roleplay/the-manic-mind-of-man

It's got psychic powers up the wahzoo, as it takes place in a dreamscape world manipulated by thought. We got dull greys and bombastic colours, but it may come off as a little too different for your liking.

Selfish plug over, I do wish you the best. Stay away from those orange biscuits!

CaptainGrue
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Streamwatcher Person of Interest Promethean World Builder Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Builder Greeter Arc Warden Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HelplessBystander on Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:37 pm

I man SUPER interested in your RP, I think I'll make a sheet soon! :) Of course, I'll still make a quick question and I hope it doesn't come off as me wanting to powergame: can I have my character by the daughter of Nyarlahotep (again, not sure whether Cthulhu Mythos-ish characters are okay, but the first thing that sprang to mind is a Wilbur Whatley-ish traveller of the Dreams. So I'm slightly curious about whether it's possible for me to mix things up a little bit)?
Last edited by HelplessBystander on Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

HelplessBystander
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HelplessBystander on Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:13 am

Again, thanks everyone, for being so welcoming and inclusive! :D

HelplessBystander
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lostamongtrees on Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:22 am

Welcome!
This is absolutely true:
Saviarre wrote:RolePlayGateway is home to a bajillion different RPs, a buttload of different genres and a plethora of amazing writers*.

*All units of measure are estimates. My calculations may be slightly off with an average error rate of +/- 3.

Hope you're finding your way around alright!

Would love to have you in The Multiverse , specifically somewhere like Verinotte Hollow

See you around!
tag me in the chat!

Become a Cartographer
Chart the stars of
The Multiverse with us!

The Hunt
Do you have what it takes
to become a Hunter?

"Across the nations the stories spread like spiderweb laid upon spiderweb, and men and women planned the future, believing they knew truth.
They planned, and the Pattern absorbed their plans, weaving toward the future foretold."

- Robert Jordan

lostamongtrees
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Group Theory Helmsman Builder Streamwatcher Beta Tester Storyteller Maiden Voyager Greeter Concierge Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Tipworthy Cult Leader Hordemaster Historian Lifegiver Visual Appeal Donated! Salesman Property Buyer Contributor Giver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HelplessBystander on Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:47 am

I'll have a look around and see if I can get my character to fit in anywhere around this area; if I could, then I will.

Thank you for the offer! I'll try and join an individual RolePlay and try and commit before joining the larger Multiverse, ho. Because the Multiverse just feels...too large and I personally don't a newb like me can handle traversing the larger stream juust yet.

HelplessBystander
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DevilishFae on Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:09 pm

Welcome to the site, i hope to see you around :) I mainly use the multiverse, at the very least you should check it out, its far bigger than anything ive ever seen roleplay wise.

DevilishFae
Member for 7 years
Group Theory Author Arc Warden Promethean Friendly Beginnings Maiden Voyager Storyteller Property Buyer Lifegiver Person of Interest Visual Appeal Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HelplessBystander on Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:03 pm

Yeah, it's kind of the reason why I didn't check it out, but we'll see.

HelplessBystander
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DevilishFae on Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:56 pm

Ahh it can be daunting at first, but believe me once you get into it its addictive :P If you want any help/ support let me know id be happy to show you the ropes

DevilishFae
Member for 7 years
Group Theory Author Arc Warden Promethean Friendly Beginnings Maiden Voyager Storyteller Property Buyer Lifegiver Person of Interest Visual Appeal Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HelplessBystander on Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:01 pm

No worries. I'll be sending in a character sheet for your place sometime soon, I think.

HelplessBystander
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby DevilishFae on Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:29 pm

that would be awesome man, no need to submit a character sheet though simply create it in the multiverse. link is roleplay/the-multiverse/characters/new

Youll find once its creted and you click on 'chat' your character will appear on the left hand side of chat. allowing you to press to go ic as that character. Alternatively if you prefer forum style posts, you can find the place in the multiiverse write a post and then tag the character :) I hope thats not overly confusing :P
:)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

DevilishFae
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HelplessBystander on Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:10 am

Cool, Thanks.

HelplessBystander
Member for 7 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!