Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Fading Life: Reigning Chaos

a part of “Fading Life: Reigning Chaos”, a fictional universe by CNAGamer.

[SEE INSIDE]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Fading Life: Reigning Chaos”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Fading Life: Reigning Chaos

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CNAGamer on Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:56 pm

This is a work in progress, and it shouldn't take me more than a few hours. Please be patient ^^
~ The North Remembers ~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CNAGamer
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Fading Life: Reigning Chaos

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby poeticjustice8012 on Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:19 pm

It looks really good, but maybe make more of a plot. Maybe a human is seeing one of the elf-ish ones (The Shem, if I remember right) or something like that. Like, more defined roles (but not too strict), instead of randomly created people. But, like I said, good idea and I'll be willing to join once you have it all figured out. ^^ Maybe, to add onto my previous point, some sub-plots?
Break Me But Never Beat Me

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

poeticjustice8012
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CNAGamer on Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:24 pm

See, that's what I need help on...normally I can create good plots that I really like, A.K.A. Reapers, but this one I'm just stuck...

CNAGamer
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Black on Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:33 pm

Hm... it's always best to figure out a main goal. Treat an RP like a story/book, you have a beginning, a middle and an end. Incorporate a goal, conflict and resolution to that and you're done for the main part. Animi is actually pretty complex, it may not seem like it but it's made up of various Arcs which each have their own goals, conflicts and resolutions. I learnt that winging an RP without a goal in mind and without guiding players almost always ends in failure. I actually use a software to keep track of my RPs, you should see Animi's file! I can find a link for the software if you want. Not to be mean to people but creating an RP and running one is serious business. You want it to be successful, you gotta be a guiding figure. You wouldn't just wing a book would you? I know I wouldn't. Perhaps I plan too much but this is my personal opinion.

That being said, I don't really have any plot ideas for you. You have such a massive universe full of various species, it will be hard to let everyone do their own thing and hope everything works out for the best. How about doing what I decided to do in Animi, create various Arcs? Start by thinking of a goal, then work out the problem said characters will face and how they will overcome it. Sounds really tedious but it's actually a great way for players to stay on track! They will work around those points and the story will begin to weave. Don't create a huge goal, problem and resolution though. That never works because there is too much leeway. You gotta start off small scale and work your way up.

I hope that helped you Twix,

~Black

Black
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iye Khara on Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:53 pm

Erm, exactly what powers are there, and what is meant by it? :v
in love, nothing is eternal but drinking your wine
there is no reason for bringing my life to you, other
than losing it.
I said, I just want to know you and then disappear.
you said, knowing me does not mean dying.

Iye Khara
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CNAGamer on Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:07 pm

Oh crap! Just delete that, sorry. :(

CNAGamer
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iye Khara on Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:37 pm

My character is in. Didn't finish her, because I just know I'm gonna end up making a really long history like I tend to and I just don't have time for that right now XD

Iye Khara
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maci-Care on Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:27 am

Ok finally finished my character, wel not completly, but will finish it tommorow. So here she is, mainly because well I kinda added other people's characters into it, this being said. Poet, you could totally have the one shem hunter mentioned be yours, same with Painkiller and her demon, but that being the commander, and me and Tabbs already talked about the Arch-Demon. So yeah, character should be done with the other stuff tommorow after school.

Talia Hawke

Maci-Care
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iye Khara on Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:06 pm

Asajj would most definitely hate the idea of hiring humans and therefore fits that category. But as fair warning, she might try to kill Talia when her back is turned. Her intense hatred of humans means she don't exactly think everything through :v

Iye Khara
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lodnir on Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:18 pm

Just popping in to say that I really enjoyed reading Talia and Asajj, also really grateful since despite the character sheet being really well structured I had to check them each like 20 times for reference @_@. And that after I finish making some grammatical fixes on my character I look forward to roleplaying with you guys.

Lodnir
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:53 pm

And there he is.

I hope he's okay and all that jazz. Ehm, forgive the lack of anime-ish in my second image. But whenever I wanted to find a good human-cat hybrid image in anime, i get these weird human looking things with cat ears sewed on the top of their heads. very odd...

Anyway, I still need to do some work on Role, Motivation and History. But I suppose everything else is taken care off.
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iye Khara on Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:26 pm

Archklan, your character CS mentioned gunshots, but...I was rather under the impression this was a largely fantasy-esque RP with no guns ._. Was I incorrect to think so?

Iye Khara
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:32 pm

I have no idea, also, would be weird. Because.... Atom bomb(?) It isn't explained anywhere that guns exist, or don't exist. I'll probably be yelled at by Twilix if I got it wrong. =P

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iye Khara on Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:38 pm

Hmmm, fair point. I just assumed it was a fantasy setting 'cos...well, the weapon area for the CS implied there were only blades, blunt weapons, etc, medieval level weaponry available, and nowhere in the storyline was it mentioned that it was otherwise. But I could be wrong. Guess we'll wait on TwiliXDragon's word on it.

Iye Khara
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby poeticjustice8012 on Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:11 pm

Fresco Fraster. I hope you guys like him, as crazy and somewhat strange as he is... But yeah. ^^" It took me a while, but I still like him. As for the weapons things, I also was under the impression that it was mostly fantasy. If not, well, I probably would have given Fresco a pistol or two. ^^" Again, we should wait for Dragon's word, though.

poeticjustice8012
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Black on Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:20 pm

Trinity Marchosias

Hail the Arch-Demon!

Opinions are very welcome! I realise there might be mistakes but it's 4am lol.

Now if you'll excuse me... it's 4am and i'm a little tired. I shall see you all in a day or so... ^^ *passes out*

Black
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iye Khara on Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:56 pm

Made a few updates to Asajj's profile. Depending on where the other Greater Demon stands I'll edit further to take him/her into account as well.

Iye Khara
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maci-Care on Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:21 pm

Wow, a lot of people are going with demons, and great to see you here aj, can't wait to see your demon, might need to know that talia is the only human among the Tok'Nowe, might want to read her CS.

Maci-Care
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby freakofnature on Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:34 pm

Right...im home...meaning i have to work on Kira....DAMMIT WHATS WITH THE K NAMES. (well...i shortened it to Kira, its something else but still) i think K names stalk me. D: ANYWAYS, im working on him now. :3

freakofnature
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CNAGamer on Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:46 pm

I do apologize, and yes, you may have an Arch Demon. It shall be interesting to have more than one. Also, yes, there are guns in this role play. It is set in the 2500's, it's in the future from now. So yes, there are guns. However, they are rare. The knowledge to make them have long since dissapeared, as well as the technology to fix them. But, there are some that still work. ^^

CNAGamer
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!