Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Fahrenheit 13

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Fahrenheit 13

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:15 pm

After a day like this, you can hardly wait to fall into your bed. A smile breaks across your face as you finally reach your apartment. Moving so carefully as to not disturb your slumlord landlady. Though, it seems she has already been to visit you: a late rent notice, stares you in the face as you approach the door. Grumbling, you rip and crumble the paper before tossing it. The door to your cheap ass apartment swings open, hitting you with a blast of cold air. You then flick on the lights as you automatically enter your daily routine: hang you jacket, read the mail, check the messages, search the refrigerator... All the while, the familiar smell of cigarettes flirts with your nostrils. It isn't until that moment, you realize all the obvious clues you overlooked: you don't smoke, the open window, the person sitting on your couch! It is too late, the intruder has the barrel of a gun resting against your head and is ushering you into the living room. The funny thing is, this isn't your first time being in a situation like this.

"I will get straight to the point, I know who, what you are-"

Your heartbeat quickens, as worry sets in. You wish you wouldn't have came home at all today.

"-don't worry, your secret is safe with me. I too, am not at all who you expect me to be."

Questions begin to pop into your head: who is this person? what does he know? how does he know?

"You may have seen me wander past you in the streets, sit nearby you in a restaurant, run from you in the dead of the night, seemingly in a drunken stupor. I will assure you now that those chance meetings were hardly coincidences. Everything happens for a reason."

Things start to become clear, your mind flashes back to forgotten memories of this person.

"I am Asher Faust, demon slayer. Malevolent spirits are my game. Silver, iron and salt is the extent of the ammunition I own, my body the weapon with which I fire it... You may call me crazy, many have and many will. This is the simple truth - the world is in danger."

You have just been overwhelmed with more information than you can handle. You collapse into a chair, not being able to handle gravity at the moment.

"Until now, you probably thought you were the only one. But, deep down, you knew you couldn't be the only one. I am living proof that you were not wrong in these assumptions. Although, for obvious reasons, we are not easy to find. Until we can find more hunters, we are going to struggle in this war and may die as a result of it."

Just as you were beginning to feel relived, it is all swept away. We? War? Death? This is not what you want...

"I am not asking you to give your life to the cause, nor am I asking you to waste what little bouts of happiness you may already have found for it. I'm just asking for you to give me a chance to find those tiny experiences that make such a dismal, lonely life worth living."

You know how it goes - a hunter never stops moving, never stops searching for a new place to escape to. You're prosecuted more than the monsters we hunt are. You wish that there was a way to explain to all of the important people in your life that what you do means life or death nearly every single day.

"I need your help."

You let your head fall into your lap, considering all that has just been said. You need a second to breath, to process your thoughts. You then raise your head to speak, but the man is gone. An open window and fluttering curtain, telling of his exit.

Rarely, they meet, but when a group of hunters such as yourselves does, you just know that something is occurring, and it is never a gay occasion.

I have wanted to get into another RP, something realistic or light fantasy. But, I can't find anything that suits my taste, so I figured I would just create my own.

I have decided to combine both genres. Combining a realistic action RP, with something that includes: gun-play, gritty & dark atmosphere, tons of violence and bloodshed. With a fantasy RP, with elements like: different character races, supernatural creatures, character classes, and leveling. It would then be wrapped up in a rich world with a unique setting, maybe: futuristic, space, steam-punk, modern, or medieval.

The story wouldn't be all too original, but definitely interesting. Basically a select group of people are off killing things, think Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Blade, Van Helsing... Stuff like that. Don't worry tough, together we can make the plot much more complicated once things get going.

The main aspect of this RP, that would set it apart from the rest, would be the narrator. I would like to have this RP DMed as if it were an authentic D&D campaign. Plus there would hopefully be a group of dedicated, literate and talented RPers. Speaking of, I wanted to keep this small, maybe 5-6 rpers, including myself.

So if you are interested in this, let me know and feel free to give your own ideas.
Last edited by Crooked Thoughts on Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Self Proclaimed, Master Realm Weaver: need help creating a RP? PM me!

Vivid-Minds; a society of sophisticated RPers and Roleplays. Join us?

...LIVE in your world, ROLEPLAY in mine...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Fahrenheit 300: Shit is Getting Hot

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sweet_angle66 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:38 pm

Count me in, im up for some voilence and killing!

I am craving to play an evil character :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

sweet_angle66
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:05 pm

Glad to see there is one person on board.

I am working on things as we speak, developing a unique story along with character classes and races.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WildWolf123 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:33 pm

I wouldn't mind joining; actually, I have been looking for a dark, violent and literate roleplay, but couldn't find one yet.(:
~WildWolf123Image~

WildWolf123
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wei_Wuxian on Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:36 am

Well, I'm definitely interested in this. I get to flex my gory, blood shedding muscles...

Wei_Wuxian
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:54 pm

The mix of elements is intriguing... I'd contribute suggestions, but at this point I don't know enough to give any, as I may well be quite off-base as to the direction you're thinking in. Do you have some idea of a central theme that we might contribute to? What sort of people would be required to kill what manner of thing, that is. Unless that's part of what you're looking for suggestions on?
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wei_Wuxian on Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:10 pm

I do have a question as well. Are we like revolving around the world of assassins or something equally interesting? Or are we just going around killing those who deserve it? Are there warring assassin agencies?

Wei_Wuxian
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:16 pm

@WildWolf123: Ok great. Hopefully this RP will provide that.

@Winds:A familiar face, awesome.

Your character's motives are your own. In the world of Fahrenheit, monsters exist, but this is not public knowledge. However, there are organizations out there, then there are also solo acts. There could even be a few government ran operations. How much your character knows, all depends on how deep they are involved in the secret world.

@Kuro: Another familiar, I knew you all couldn't stay away. lol jk

In the Rp, it will basically be fighting fire with fire. So there will be supernatural humans fighting supernatural creatures. For instance, your character may be a psychic going against a lycan.

As for the theme, it is a bit hard to explain, but maybe the intro will help.

After a day like this, you can't wait to fall into your bed. You finally reach your apartment, moving so carefully as to not disturb your slumlord landlady. Though, it seems she has already been to visit you: a late rent notice, stares you in the face as you approach the door. Grumbling, you rip and crumble the paper before tossing it. The door to your cheap ass apartment swings open, hitting you with a blast of cold air. You then flick on the lights as you automatically enter your daily routine: hang you jacket, read the mail, check the messages, search the refrigerator... All the while, the familiar smell of cigarettes flirts with your nostrils. It isn't until that moment, you realize all the obvious clues you overlooked: you don't smoke, the open window, the person sitting on your couch! It is too late, the intruder has the barrel of a gun resting against your head and is ushering you into the living room. The funny thing is, this isn't your first time being in a situation like this.

"I will get straight to the point, I know who, what you are-"

Your heartbeat quickens, as worry sets in. You wish you wouldn't have came home at all today.

"-don't worry, your secret is safe with me. I too, am not at all who you expect me to be."

Questions begin to pop into your head: who is this person? what does he know? how does he know?

"You may have seen me wander past you in the streets, sit nearby you in a restaurant, run from you in the dead of the night, seemingly in a drunken stupor. I will assure you now that those chance meetings were hardly coincidences. Everything happens for a reason."

Things start to become clear, your mind flashes back to forgotten memories of this person.

"I am Asher Faust, demon slayer. Malevolent spirits are my game. Silver, iron and salt is the extent of the ammunition I own, my body the weapon with which I fire it... You may call me crazy, many have and many will. This is the simple truth - the world is in danger."

You have just been overwhelmed with more information than you can handle. You collapse into a chair, not being able to handle gravity at the moment.

"Until now, you probably thought you were the only one. But, deep down, you knew you couldn't be the only one. I am living proof that you were not wrong in these assumptions. Although, for obvious reasons, we are not easy to find. Until we can find more hunters, we are going to struggle in this war and may die as a result of it."

Just as you were beginning to feel relived, it is all swept away. We? War? Death? This is not what you want...

"I am not asking you to give your life to the cause, nor am I asking you to waste what little bouts of happiness you may already have found for it. I'm just asking for you to give me a chance to find those tiny experiences that make such a dismal, lonely life worth living."

You know how it goes - a hunter never stops moving, never stops searching for a new place to escape to. You're prosecuted more than the monsters we hunt are. You wish that there was a way to explain to all of the important people in your life that what you do means life or death nearly every single day.

"I need your help."

You let your head fall into your lap, considering all that has just been said. You need a second to breath, to process your thoughts. You then raise your head to speak, but the man is gone. An open window and fluttering curtain, telling of his exit.

Rarely, they meet, but when a group of hunters such as yourselves does, you just know that something is occurring, and it is never a gay occasion.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Re: Fahrenheit 13

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WildWolf123 on Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:58 pm

Sounds interesting(:

but just to make sure I get the plot right, our characters will either be the 'monsters' or the 'hunters', right; or only the hunters? (Sorry if I sound stupid right now.)

WildWolf123
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:23 pm

Naw, its cool.

But we will just be hunters.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wei_Wuxian on Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:39 pm

Excuse me, but HELL YEA I am all for that.....

I read that intro and am sitting here shaking my leg wanting MORE!!!

I've played a demon slayer before, I suppose I should dig through the bounty of different characters I have in order to find him/her. Marvelous work again Fly, your all encompassing imagination never ceases to amaze me...

I get a little bit of Priest mixed with Constantine mixed with a little bit of Hitman, with some Blood infused in...
Last edited by Wei_Wuxian on Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wei_Wuxian
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WildWolf123 on Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:41 pm

Cool, also, what will the rules be about the content; I have to admit to myself, despite me being a girl, I get really, really gruesome and detailed when my characters kill. (Call me weird, but for some odd reason, I just do it like that. I think I already know the answer too, but just to make sure, I am asking.(: )

WildWolf123
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wei_Wuxian on Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:43 pm

@WildWolf: I do the same thing if I am killing. I have to be told to tone it down sometimes, lol.....

Wei_Wuxian
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:02 pm

@Winds: Glad you like it. ^^

And you couldn't picture the RP more correctly, those movies are definitely influences. Although, I haven't seen Priest, I have seen previews and I would assume they are similar. Plus in this RP, beast like werewolves and vampires, will be returned to their original forms. No pretty humans with a beast inside them. In Fahrenheit, they are all beast, ugly creatures that tear into the first thing they see.

@Wolf: That is fine, but below are m rules. I almost always use the same rules for every one of my Rps. They seem to always fit.

A5
  1. This RP is about as Adult as it can get while staying within RPG rules, so just remember that.

2. Quality over quantity.

3. Be creative. Don't be afraid to let your imagination run away. I have a leash I can tug on if you get too far away...

4. I want only serious, dedicated, experienced RPers only. I feel I have those skills, so it is only right I ask for the people of this RP to have the same.

5. Your character can and might die, so keep that in mind.

6. Be familiar with text fighting. It isn't necessary for you know how to text fight, but it will be appreciated in fight scenes.

7. Just because this is a fantasy RP, doesn't mean your character is a one man army.

8. A tad bit of common sense is required here. Not to be a jerk, but I'm just saying...

9. Once your character has died, they are forever gone from the RP. Unless, they are brought back to life; which the method will have to be discussed first.

10. You can have more than one character, as long as you can proficiently RP them.

11. Also please DO NOT POST anywhere EXCEPT the OOC, until I say otherwise.

12. If you quit, please abandon your character. It helps make room so other's characters can be seen.

13. READ EVERYTHING! Not just because I spent hours of my life writing it, but just because it explains a lot of the RP. And will save a lot of time and questions.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WildWolf123 on Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:18 pm

@Winds-
I have too on other sites.x3 They said that I was going a bit over board with itXD

Oh and a heads warning, I have been in fights with others before in an RP, but I can't say that I am good at it; out of a scale from 1-10, one being the worst and ten being the best... I would probably say I would be like a four or five. -.-;; but I DON'T godmod during the fights.

And I haven't seen too many movies that has the stuff that are in this rp, but I am in love with Van Helsing. Its one of my favorite movies.(:

WildWolf123
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sweet_angle66 on Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:44 pm

@fly: do you speak german by any chance? just wondering because of the title.
but anyway this sounds awesome, such an interesting intro makes we want ot read more.

Dont really know who to play yet, either a monster or hunter...hmm
What's everyone else deciding on?

Omg i love the movie hitman :)

sweet_angle66
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wei_Wuxian on Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:04 pm

@Sweet_Angle: I think we are all playing hunters if I'm not mistaken. I loved Hitman as well, it was awesome...
flysociety wrote:Naw, its cool.

But we will just be hunters.

Van Helsing is very interesting to say the least...

Text fighting isn't that hard, you just have to make it feel realistic but at the same time it depends on your character's stats as well, but you have to make sure to balance things out. Make it entertaining for the reader. Sometimes it is best to do a Co-Op post with the person you are fighting with so that it doesn't feel all chopped up and it blends. I'm not the best at text fighting, but I know a few tricks to make it entertaining.

Always leave it open for your opponent to move. If you are a good roleplayer, you know when to take hits and when to dodge them, and a good roleplayer NEVER dodges every single attack that is launched at them, regardless of how strong they are. They know how to play out a scene to increase and decrease the tone.

Everyone has the ability to be great, but it does take practice. I always say that every masterful writer started off as a novice and learned what they know now. Experience is an excellent teacher, but a patient and willing GM is also great. I wasn't always the confident experienced roleplayer that I am today. I used to be the worst when it came to godmodding, lol but I've learned... If I can learn, anybody can learn.

Now then, aside from that inspiring bit of information, I must say that the thought of battling Fly scares me to no end, lol.....I don't know if its the intimidating characters he creates or what, but for some reason I'd hate to have to battle him....

Wei_Wuxian
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WildWolf123 on Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:13 pm

Ahaha, thanks for that Winds.x3 I tend to always make my character physically weak, so I don't think she/he (I haven't decided gender yet) will win a fight unless its with a kid or something.xD I love making the smart characters, or the ones who are like seriously corrupted; cause, in my opinion, almost every action rp needs that one psychotic person in it.XD

WildWolf123
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:19 pm

@Angle: No I don't, but I thought the word had German roots. I just sort of came up with the name as it sort of represents what will be happening in the RP.

@Everyone: Don't worry about text fighting, I just like for everyone to at least know about it. This way you do not god mod, that is really all I was trying to stop.

Also I will let you all know this now, the intro represents how my character met each and everyone of you. So in the character sheet, I will have a specific section just for that. So one person may claim the intro meeting, but I would like for you all to come up with your own creative meeting. Just begin thinking about it, since you don't have my character to go off of yet.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WildWolf123 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:11 am

Alright, also, do you have any idea on how the character form will look like? Another head-warning(Sorry about this...) I am fairly bad at forming my characters' personalities ahead of time; like I form them while the RP progresses, so I give a small warning in the character form that says that. I just wanted to let everyone know about this.(Mostly the GM. Sorry about this again. I hope that is fine.)

WildWolf123
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!