Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation »

Players Wanted: Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted »

Fairy Tail: Now and Forever

a part of “Fairy Tail: Now and Forever”, a fictional universe by THESexyMaid_001.

Fairy Tail is the strongest Guild in the Kingdom of Fiore. Discover who you are and help carry on their legacy!

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Fairy Tail: Now and Forever”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby THESexyMaid_001 on Sat May 11, 2013 9:46 pm

Welcome to Fairy Tail: Now and Forever!

We have been chosen to carry on the legacy of Fairy Tail, as one family!

(Note: I have only gotten to the 70's in the episodes, so I decided to start it all over! No one from the shows is here!)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

THESexyMaid_001
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Fairy Tail: Now and Forever

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby THESexyMaid_001 on Sat May 11, 2013 10:12 pm

Mages are wielders of Magic, using their Magic Power to cast spells and employ Magical objects. They comprise only 10% of the living population of Earth Land, with the remaining 90% being either incapable or unwilling to use Magic. They are known for usually being affiliated to a Guild, where they can take on Jobs as a source of personal income and adventure; according to Lucy Heartfilia, Mages can't be considered full-fledged until they join a Guild of their own choosing. There are three main types of Mages in the world of Fairy Tail: Legal Mages, Dark Mages and Independent Mages.

Types of Mages
Legal Mages are those who are a part of official Guilds, take on legal jobs and usually heed the words of the Magic Council. These are the Mages people tend to look up to, with the most famous of them having the chance to be featured in the Sorcerer Magazine.

Dark Mages are Mages who are members of Earth Land's illegal Dark Guilds, Guilds which are not acknowledged as such by the Magic Council, having either lost their rights due to crimes, or having never been affiliated with the Council in the first place. After being deprived of the Council's approval, Guilds are ordered to disband, and, if they do not abide to such order and keep functioning, are then categorized as Dark Guilds, becoming known to all intents and purposes as criminal organizations. In collective imagination, Dark Mages usually have evil intentions, think little of others, putting their own desires first, and can be very cruel, if not downright insane. These Mages are said to take illegal Jobs and are reputed as the main opposition and threat to official Guilds and to the Magic Council itself. Many of the Dark Mages introduced so far are typically dismissive of Legal Guilds, viewing their law-abiding ways as restrictive of their full potential. Frequently, Dark Mages seek out methods of reviving evil creatures and acquiring destructive Magic to carry out their shady plans; some of them have even attempted to resurrect the legendary Zeref, who was believed to be dead 400 years ago.

Independent Mages are Mages that don't belong to either Legal Guilds or Dark Guilds, instead being part of the so-called Independent Guilds, Guilds which aren't acknowledged by the Magic Council nor are opposed by it, likely due to the Council itself being unaware of their existence.

Magic
Magic is the main form of combat for Mages, and is bought and sold all throughout the world. All kinds of Magic are used in the dimension of Earth Land, and they possess many avenues for usage, such as offense, defense and supporting. The Guild Master of the Fairy Tail Guild, Makarov Dreyar, went on to describe Magic not as a "miracle", but as the power to overcome "reasoning" stemming from "reasoning" itself, claiming that the "spirit" flowing within Mages and the "spirit" flowing within natural connections form an embodiment. He also added that for this process to become true and thus for Mages to use Magic, a strong mentality and a lot of concentration are needed.

Employing any Magic drains Magic Power whether from the Mage or from an external source,[1] with the exception of the former items which were present in the dimension of Edolas, since they used to be powered by Lacrima.

There are two main types of Magic: Caster Type Magic and Holder Type Magic. Within these two there are many subcategories.

Magic Power
Magic Power is the energy which allows Mages to employ Magic, and it is composed of Eternano. Every Mage has a container inside their body that determines the limits of their Magic Power. In the case that it becomes empty, Eternano comes from the atmosphere and enters the Mage's body: after a while, their Magic Power is returned to normal. However, recent studies have identified another part of Mages' Magic container that isn't used normally and contains their dormant power, called Second Origin. If the power within this second container is reached, then the Mage in question will receive an enormous boost in Magic Power.

Guild Ranks

Guild Master
Guild Master is a term used to refer to a Mage who is the head of the Guild that he or she is affiliated with, effectively acting as the Guild's leader and highest authority. As the rulers of their respective Guilds, they have virtually complete authority over their subordinates, and can thus dictate their actions. Guild Masters are also tasked with smoothing relationships between Guilds in every province, something achieved through the various provincial leagues of Guild Masters, gathering from time to time in regular meetings, where each Master reports about his Guild. The only ones above Guild Masters within the Magical hierarchy are members of the Magic Council, which supervises all Guilds.

S-Class Mage
S-Class Mages are elite members of a Guild, and usually number among the most powerful individuals in the Guild itself. Only officially recognized S-Class Mages are able to undertake difficult S-Class Jobs; lower-ranked Mages may only accept an S-Class mission if an officially recognized S-Class Mage is also participating alongside them. These missions are said to be so dangerous that even the smallest mistake can lead to the Mage's death. However, in return, the pay is very good, easily going into millions of Jewels.

In the Fairy Tail Guild, one must go through a trial and compete to obtain the rank of S-Class. Eight participants are chosen every year by the Guild Master to take part in the trial, and the one who comes out on top is awarded the title of S-Class. The competition is often fierce and difficult, and doing so opens up more difficult and higher paying missions for the Mage. More than strength is important in being selected as an S-Class candidate: heart and brains matter as well.

The S-Class rank from one Guild does not necessarily transfer over when a Mage joins a new Guild, so S-Class Mages who change their Guilds might not retain their past rank, partly due to S-Class levels varying from Guild to Guild. However, Mages who have achieved the S-Class before joining their current Guild are considered prime candidates to regain the lost rank in the new Guild.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

THESexyMaid_001
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby THESexyMaid_001 on Sat May 11, 2013 10:15 pm

Look here for ideas of what kind of mage you want your character to be! :)

http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Categor ... _Abilities

THESexyMaid_001
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ever on Sat May 11, 2013 10:27 pm

Yay a fairy tail rpg!!! Is it ok if we replicate characters from the anime/manga but make them have different personalities? o3o

✦ Ɲєνєя ѕαу gσσɗвує вєcαυѕє ѕαуιηg gσσɗвує мєαηѕ gσιηg αωαу.
Aηɗ gσιηg αωαу мєαηѕ fσяgєттιηg ✦

Ever
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby THESexyMaid_001 on Sat May 11, 2013 10:34 pm

Surzies!!!

AND! Anyone can make as many characters as they like! Any age!

THESexyMaid_001
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby リンーちゃん on Sat May 11, 2013 10:53 pm

This.....

I'm joining if possible. Hands down. Gotta do it. Love Fairy Tail!

Though... I usually tend to make two characters... but I'm also working on my own rps with a lot of characters, so I'll only be making one for this rp!

The question is, which gender? llD //slapped (Sounded weird...)

I'd be happy to play a male or female, so you can sign me to which ever!
After Watching That One Good Anime...

リンーちゃん
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Sun May 12, 2013 11:41 am

Nyeeeeeehh..... I really shouldn't do this but... Yeah, a character for a potential Fairy Tail roleplay does need to be used at some point. I did, err...have some questions and concerns. Well, a question, really.

Is it really that bothersome if I were to not have multiple images? Kind of feel one is sufficient. Not hung up or anything, but I'd like to know how far I could stretch it, and if it really is a requirement to join.

Other than that, you can expect me to submit the character soon-ish, depends on your answer and how long I'll take to refit the info I've already written into your sheet. ^^;

- Byte
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Byte
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby THESexyMaid_001 on Sun May 12, 2013 2:33 pm

@ リンーちゃん: Male or female is fine! I don't really mind. If you REALLY want me to pick then I will, but like I said, I don't mind anything.

@ Byte: Yeah, I'll be fine with one picture. As long as it's a good one, XD.

THESexyMaid_001
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ever on Sun May 12, 2013 2:36 pm

So i'll have it in by tonight =_= I finished it, documented Erza's every single detail, and my computer suddenly quit Safari. 0.e -eye twitch- so any ways, I'll have in by tonight ^^

Ever
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Sun May 12, 2013 2:39 pm

Me thinks it's a good one. x)

Anyway, I wasn't sure what you meant by powers. Well, I do, but... Would it only be their magic powers? Or general skills as well? (Think hand to hand, swordfighting, etc.)

EDIT: *Nods nervously* Submitted the character. Took me a while to get the information in the proper place. I'll redo the changes I might have made to the sheet if you so wish. Kind thought this was a bit... Err- Let us say 'cleaner'. No offence meant, of course.

With that said, just let me know whether or not something needs changing. Though I don't think I have left anything out. I did add extra information, however. x)

Byte
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordFaet on Sun May 12, 2013 5:40 pm

So, are there any rules on Dragon Slayers, like not having too many of them? I'm not saying I'm going to make one, because there's already Gitana, and I don't want there to just be mass DS magic. It just seems to me like there'd need to be a limit of some sort depending on how you're handling the existence of it.

And, so we're mages in Fairy Tail, but is there any sort of over-arching story? Some sort of path already planned out? Because otherwise it might be tough to play something like this unless people are able to just randomly start up a story arc.

Also, shame on you GM. Watching the anime, tut tut. You should be reading the manga.

ALSO (this is getting tedious), I saw that Gitana is an S-Class mage. So are we all expected to make S-Class mages, or should that preferably not happen? I ask because you specifically said that everyone other than the master is going to be equal in strength, but the S-Class mages should be a step above. I'm asking purely for posterity, as I want for my character to go the S-Class Mage Trial.
The greatest paladin of all times-CHAMPION OF DARKNESS!
The empress of shadowfall who commands all the undead-CHAMPION OF LIGHT!
Welcome to Adventure Quest Worlds!

LordFaet
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby THESexyMaid_001 on Sun May 12, 2013 6:07 pm

BAM! Slapped in the face. XD I see your points, yes yes. I think, see as all the main characters in the show and manga (except for Lucy i think) is an uber powerful mage, so if you wan't to be just below and S-class mage or what then I'm cool. I didn't really think it through. Oops.

Also, I was thinking of having everyone's opinion on a story line to start up on. It'll probably be a big mission that needs us all and whatnot. XD

I don't mind there being many dragon slayers. But everyone being one would be crazy. Other than Posco, I'm probably going to have one other character, a girlie, and she will be just joining. But I'm okay with her being weak, I have Posco and all his sexy powerfulness. XD

THESexyMaid_001
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Sun May 12, 2013 6:33 pm

To be honest, I kind of took that rule into faith for its overall meaning. As in; Don't go about and make a character that is equal, or stronger than the Guild Master. 'Cause, in my eyes, no character will be equal in strength. Everyone's own ups and downs, so to speak.

But I digress. My reasoning behind the whole S-class mage is just for overall ability and... Well, age mostly. Personality as well. I think Gitana would be well-deserving of the title, as well as being able to live up to what it actually means. S-rank ain't just about being a strong mage after all.

Just thought I'd try to explain why. ^^;

As for the Dragon Slayer/Regular Mage ratio; My two cents on that would be no more then two or three, depending on the amount of characters we're getting. Same with Lost Magic -- As that's a rare thing to come by as well. Just a nice little suggestion. Maybe. Hehe. xD

Aaaaand.... On topic of an over-arching plot. I think making a nice, clean thread specifically for discussing those things would do nicely. That way, everyone can toss in ideas and talk about which ones they like or don't like, and which ones they prefer to partake in.

Byte
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordFaet on Sun May 12, 2013 7:08 pm

I was by no means trying to judge you Byte, I really like your character and I think she's a good S-Class. I look forward to working with you and yada blah etc.

As for the story, I was thinking of a dedicated thread for it, but I wasn't sure how heated of a discussion might arise so I thought I wouldn't mention it. But if you're ready for hardcore story discussion then a new thread would be great, cause then I could go crazy.

Also, I'm currently working on a character for a much more complicated RP. So my character might not be submitted until tomorrow, just thought I'd say so.

LordFaet
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby リンーちゃん on Sun May 12, 2013 9:05 pm

Mm... I'll probably make one of the two depending on the picture/personality I'll decide on later! I should have him/her done by maybe Tuesday? (Sorry, really busy if that's alright! But I'll be sure to put up a WIP at the very least!)

リンーちゃん
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Divinity Sky on Mon May 13, 2013 1:50 am

I have no idea what you guys just said :3 Jks i read it. But................ Is this alive?
Even in death, Naega Jeil Jal Naga.

If life was easy, i'd be on top of the world by now.

I think it's not that i'm weird, it's just that people don't understand me.

Divinity Sky
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordFaet on Mon May 13, 2013 12:04 pm

Not trying to be mean, but the first OOC post was made 2 days ago. And the post before yours was made 5 hours before it. So yes it's still active. Like I said, I'm not trying to be mean, just trying to point out that you can tell on your own if things are active, it's not always necessary to ask.

LordFaet
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Mon May 13, 2013 12:15 pm

Unless some apocalypse happened, I believe we're still active and running. Like Lord said, you can always tell when, and if something is active. :)

Byte
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Damioa on Tue May 14, 2013 3:19 am

Cool. I'ma get started on a character right away. Hope it gets accepted. I love this manga.
Damioa

Damioa
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordFaet on Tue May 14, 2013 9:26 pm

Okay. I have a problem with Ever. Now THESexyMaid, you said characters could basically copy people from the story, that's cool and all. I dislike such blatant lack of creativity, but fine. But what Ever did is literally copy and paste Erza. Didn't give her a different name, didn't change her backstory, Ever basically took a person that would have died in this setting a long time ago, and said that they're 19 years old alive and well without any explanation. It's not a matter of not being creative at that point. It's a matter of not even trying. It's downright insulting to everyone else that actually made their own character.

Now as GM, if you say it's fine, I'll submit to your will on the matter. But I at least want to document my less than pleasant feelings on the matter.

LordFaet
Member for 9 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!