Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Fantasy? or sci-fi? or something else?

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

If you have something you want to present to the entire community, post it here.

Fantasy? Sci-fi? Or something else?

Fantasy
13%
Sci-Fi
18%
Realistic
13%
Fiction Based
13%
Mystery
3%
Horror
8%
Battle
10%
Mixed
10%
Multiverse
10%
Genre is not relevant to my selection of rp
3%

Total votes : 39

Fantasy? or sci-fi? or something else?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:43 am

Which type of rp do you prefer (we're talking both in chat and in forum here, just looking at genre)

Personally, I like Fantasy, Sci-Fi, realistic, and mixes

Miyumi's more for sci-fi, while most of my other characters are fantasy only. I have a human version of Nicola though who works well for Realistic. So what do you like?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

miyumi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Fantasy? or sci-fi? or something else?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saladin on Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:54 pm

I voted for Fantasy, Battle, and Multiverse.

Here are my reasons why:

Fantasy - I started RPing as a way to write, and my favourite books are Fantasy, and as such that is what I write, so obviously, the aspect of writing in a fantasy setting is right up my street.

Battle - Stemming from RP, I discovered RP fighting, which is what I interpret this particular option as. Turn Based is what I like, and mainly because, again, it is a good way of writing, and I found it to be exciting.

Multiverse - Simply because of the diversity involved. Anything from any genre is accepted. Total freedom.

I occasionally will take part in a realistic RP, but not a fan of it at all. And fantasy and sci-fi is out of my league, I am not enough of a tecnologically minded person, like I said, Fantasy is my thing.

Mystery - -=yawn=-

I have been told on occasion that I should do some horror RPs, because I am supposedly good at building mental images, but it rarely appeals to me.

Well, that's my two cents.

Peace.

Lord Saladin

Please tell me now what life is, Please tell me now what love is... Again, tell me what life is.

Tiko says: Saladin: Damn it, leave my hole alone.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lord Saladin
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:59 pm

Yes, that is what I meant Battle as. You know I know that fighting isn't necessarily rp. =D

and...
::dances:: Someone actually posted which things they voted for! yippee!

miyumi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:16 pm

Well now, I am posting to tell you what I haven't voted for. In fact I haven't voted for anything for the simple reason that I play in games that interest me, Multiverse isn't a genre as such and holds no appeal whatsoever for me. As for the others if a game in a particular genre interests me then I may join in if it doesn't I don't. The genre is not of any particular relevance to me. So there you are.

Grim

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:34 pm

Maybe I should add a box then...

miyumi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby isafos on Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:57 pm

Fantasy, Sci-fi and Fiction based.

isafos
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:00 am

Well, I kind of enjoy Fantasy more then anything. But I also like a good mixed rp. ^^ Certain Realistic ones catch my site too but they have to be interesting. I usually get hooked on just Fantasy though and am never able to quit. ><

Aelita
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fluffy on Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:25 am

I chose Mixed and Multiverse.

I can pretty much go with the flow for anything, and to be honest the RPs that I'm used to have a lot if not all the elements listed in the poll. I prefer it that way, makes things more interesting and more exciting.

As for Multiverse....well, isn't it obvious? More characters to choose from, more paths to take, and best of all more fun!

After all, variety is the spice of life :3
>.> I am a Transfan and an artist. Be warned. <.<

View my gallery here!

Fluffy
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby timewasted on Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:17 am

I chose Sci-Fi, Mixed, Realistic, and Horror. I'm actually surprised to see so many folks choose Sci-Fi. That is a nice change from the typical Fantasy genre prefered most places.

timewasted
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.