Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library »

Players Wanted: Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) »

Farewell, Dani <3

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Farewell, Dani <3

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KyojoKen on Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:42 pm

I am neither a poet, nor am an artist. But for a true friend I am willing to humiliate myself. =D
This is for you, Dani(Angel_Melfina). A true friend, indeed.

A farewell to Dani. My teacher, my friend. My first friend on this forum, and most certainly my best. I could not possibly hope for a better friend than Dani.

This is not a farewell,
We will meet again,
Always be happy and well,
For you have my MSN,

A diamond is what she is, as priceless and pure as they come. Nothing more than perfection. Making lives glitter with hope and happiness, is what she does best. No one can put her down, her happiness comes from the heart and it touches all.

I have no more words that can describe Dani. She is just awesome.
Keep in touch! Don’t make me look for you! >=D
Loves ya, Dani. Good luck!

Thanks for all the good times. God bless you.

Your best maniac
KyojoKen/Khalil <3<3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KyojoKen
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Farewell, Dani <3

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rozwell on Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:36 pm

Dannnniiii !!! I'll miss you!

You better keep talking to Vex so I can stalk the chat from over his shoulder!
I feel bad that your leaving but I wish you all the luck for whatever you wanna do!

I'm gonna keep our ruler for good memories XD

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rozwell
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Rogue Doll on Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:52 pm

For those who don't like sappy things, avert your eyes or stfu:

When I was in high school, I had an advanced Japanese class that I was not prepared for. It was for third years and I had only done first year. Me and one other boy were the only ones to have skipped second year and we shared in feeling dumb for what everyone else thought was easy. I didn't talk to him out of class except the occasional hello in the hallways. We joked about our ineptitudes and he made what would have been an unbearable situation for me that I would have fled from, an enjoyable experience that I learned a lot from. He died that year.

I don't even remember his name.

The reason why this is relevant is that the people in your life, no matter how they are in it, effect it in a profound way. Everything is connected to every other thing and cause leads to effect which becomes a cause for another effect.

I was bored one day and stumbled upon Roleplaygateway.com. It seemed like a nice community and I tried it out, popped into the chat and said hello. I wasn't met with a very good reception (probably due in part to the fact that I come off initially is a complete idiot). I was just about to leave when I had a playful conversation with Gellie and Tetrino. It led to a failed role play, but it also lead to me staying here. This place and pouring over games I am in or creating has been one of the things that makes my current isolation bearable. If my isolation were not bearable I would probably run away from where I live and go back into poverty.

It was her bubbly friendliness on countless occasions that took my mood and flipped it. Her threads and ways of thinking always brightened my day when I came across them. Her desire and willingness to help and accept all people is part of a philosophy that I love, which makes me lurve her!

So, enough of that. You in all your adorable cuteness, Gellie, you. I am speaking to you now! Remember that things are ever moving and changing, the pulse differing the beat changes the music and others dance while others sit that one out (maybe they hate the song or liked the other song better). But as the pulse changes in one place, it changes the music everywhere.

I hope you find your song, love, and I hope your dance knocks 'em dead.

<3Rogue

P.s. Be careful not to stretch yourself too far, keep up with your running the endorphins will make you feel good and help you de-stress!
http://weddings.about.com/od/weddingstr ... _Groom.htm

P.p.s If you ever feel like chatting, please send me a message. (CannibalisticOrange@hotmail.com, my Msn name)

*Throws confetti and makes banners with hearts and smiles on them and sing loudly, running in circles.* I'LL MISS YOU!
The apple falls far from the tree
she's rotten and so beautiful
I'd like to keep her here with me
and tell her that she's beautiful
She takes the pills to fall asleep
and dreams that she's invisible
Too many dreams she stays awake
recalls when she was capable...

<KyojoKen>: What does riding a bicycle have to do with making love on a couch?
<Vlad>: NOBODY

The Rogue Doll
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:29 pm

Wait, where's Dani? I missed something, apparently.

Village Alchemist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:28 am

Kyo, Rogue...Both of you just made me tear up like crazy. Thank you so much for your kind words.

I have not announced this publicly, nor told that many people, but I have decided to leave Gateway. Only a few people that I've had regular contact with via instant messengers know that I have come to this decision (Kyo). There are many factors contributing to my making this choice and I don't want to spill them all here, but will be happy to enlighten anyone I know already if they want to email me or something.

All in all, I just feel like I don't have much of a place at Gateway anymore, in the sense that I have had no desire to RP in a few months. The sour details surrounding my resignation from staff and many other aspects about the site that I dislike also contribute to the big picture. Most of my close friends here are people I talk to outside of the site, so there isn't really much keeping me here anymore.

Anyway...You guys have been a blessing to me and I can only hope that I've been the same. So many of you have meant so much to me and been such a big part of my time here. I love you all and don't want you to think it's your fault that I'm leaving. It's not. With me starting to plan my wedding and begin my future with the single most important person in my life, it's just time I move on and focus on other things, like my growing responsibilities at work. I may have been frustrated at the site a lot while I was here the past 6 months, but all of my friends have been such a pleasure.

I'll probably be wrapping some loose ends up on the site within the next week or two, like seeing out the end of the Artwork Forum's MFC. I will still be on IRC from time to time, as well as helping Vexar with his RP site a little, I'm sure. If anyone wants my AIM or MSN or anything, please email me and I'll be happy to share it with you. Anyone that EVER wants to get in contact with me...I'm only an email away. It's the best way to reach me.

God Bless all of you, and thank you for touching my life.

-Dani
MidgetOnTheEdge@gmail.com
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 15 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:36 am

Awww, all right then. We'll miss you, Melfina; this site won't be the same without you haning around.

Have a good life, then!

Village Alchemist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MEGAcya on Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:08 pm

Aww, Dani! I'm seriously DEVASTATED to hear you're leaving. I'd noticed that you'd not really been in the chat and stuff lately, but I had no idea why...until now. *sob*.I'll miss seeing you around the place, but I wish you all the luck and happiness in the world. You deserve it! Thanks for taking the time to talk to me and help me out whenever I had a problem, you rock Dani!
MEGAcya X

P.S: Hope your wedding goes smoothly and don't be surprised if I end up emailing you to hound you for pictures of you in your dress after a while.
the epic girlies,,
{} lari && lauren && becky && laurie && illy && sessi {}

MEGAcya
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby muketsu_bara on Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:25 am

Dani,

Times will definitely change while you're gone. I, for one, know everyone will miss you like crazy, especially me. You were always a good friend to me. You were there when I needed my friends most and it saddens my heart to know that you will be gone. You were always one of the four names that I thought about when someone mentioned any time of gateway, even if it was a completely different type of gateway.... lol.... You will always hold a special thought in my mind and heart.

I don't know much else to say due to the sadness that I carry, but I do hope you continue to live such a wonderful and caring life. May the gods bless you each and everyday.

Love you millions of tons and tons of millions,

Rose
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us." - Marianne Williamson
ImageImageImage

muketsu_bara
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tetrino on Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:44 am

Farewell, sayonara, selamat tinggal, xai jian, bis bald, au revoir, hasta pronto.

The reason I'm listing out 'goodbye' in bundles of languages is because I can't think of a decent farewell speech at this hour, and I don't want to be outdone by all of the above people. :P

We'll miss you, Caramel.
<Donny> Wow, who's this new Azrican fag?
<Alucroas> He's the man who typo'd African

Tetrino
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circ on Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:38 pm

This is sad.

;[

See? A tear!

I was thinking of stopping at that, but the "Use the forum for longer posts, chat for quick talk" thing is motivating me to keep ranting about how special and wonderful you are. Ya' know? You're always fun and positive, even when you're clearly irritated, and I like that about you. Gah. It is still red. What else is there to say? We fornicated. Play fornicated. It wasn't real fornication. I will try to beat the r -- GREEN -- rest of the staff into shape in your absence, and make decisions you approve of.

Huggin's,
Circ
conditio sine qua non

Circ
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovey on Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:44 pm

Circ + Melfina? Really? *Guffaws.* IMPOSSIBLE.
Love,
Dovelina Ophelia Vitriana Emmeline Yvesson IV

Dovey
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:02 pm

It's true, Dovey!! Circ loves him some Dani fornicating. XD

And thank you everyone for your kind words. As I said, if you never need me or want my contact information, just email me. :) I may be putting Gateway in my past, but that doesn't mean all of you have to go with it, too.

If you've emailed me and I haven't replied, I apologize. I promise I haven't forgotten about you. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 15 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selothi on Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:06 pm

You have got to be joking ?! Melfi leaving, and the planet is still rotating around its normal axis, the sun still shines, and I still have life in my limbs to type out this painful message ?! Well, that's one way for the apocalypse to happen barred off the list ! I just don't know what to say. Truly, I'm not licking anyone's boots here, I'm terrible at it, Angel_Melfina is one heck of a girl. I've never met anyone, Internet or IRL, that was just so nice ! Whatever the issue, whatever the context, whatever the fucker in front of her, she stays nice, stayed ... argh ! She's just sooooo nice !

I really don't think this site will be the same, we're like losing a cornerstone in the great, albeit slightly crumbling, edifice that is RolePlayGateway ! Shit to this, I'm trembling as I write, and I barely knew her ! What I can say from the few chat talks we had, and the debates partook together in the Flame Wars or Discussion & Debate boards ... Melfi is really a smart and special person, the man you are marrying is a very lucky dude, remind him of that ...

This is weird, its not right ... Stay, Melfi, stay ! lol. Seriously, I wish you sincerely the best of luck, and happiness evermore, for the happiness and the joy you sparked in the hearts of so many of RPGateway's members. I'll say it again, you're truly a wonderful person, and your soon-to-be husband is very lucky ...

Peace be with you, Angel_Melfina, Mae Govannon I believe is the Tolkien Elf speak for something along the lines of a farewell. Seriously, keep well, keep alive, and know that you'll stay in our hearts. And remember, I'm a newbie, think how much this must mean to those you've known for a long time ! See ya !

Selothi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Donny on Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:18 pm

peace bish, remember:

you got the zombie donny in you. deep.

that's all

Donny
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:25 pm

Donny is going to date rape me if I don't say this:

"Fuck all you pussy ass, suckass niggas. I'm out, PACE!"

=/

And Selothi, you so just made me cry, dude. Wtf. ;_;

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selothi on Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:41 pm

*Hands over a handkerchief* Don't cwy ! Eh ... I have nothing more to say ... nothing more to say ... Ah ... *presses self-destruct button*

BOOM !!!

"Hee hee hee"

Selothi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:45 pm

I cannot believe you're actually leaving this place...
For now our times shall have a change of pace...
You see, this pond will suffer more than a ripple...
With that, I hug you and rub my nipple...

<3 You know what I have to say suga, <3's in all the right and wrong places.

Vexar
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Person of Interest Beta Tester Tipworthy Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arietraekos on Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:48 pm

This can't Be true Dani I refuse to believe You! You and Vexar are the most awesome Staff we know of on RP gtaeway and after all this time your leaving us! I can't believe i won't believe it

*Grabs guitar and starts to play, "Dani" come back.

You have been so awesome here in rpgateway we will all hate to see you go...but we must remain strong and vigilante

A Salute to Dani...the most awesome Female moderator i've come to known, the founder of girls for gaming and the queen of Cheesecake....we will all Miss you and we hope to see you again...even though i have not been in any RP's with you i still know that we would have been good Friends...A salute to Dani, The Angel Melfina of RP gateway!

OOC: Vexar love the poem lulz

Arietraekos
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheAlmightyForkNinja on Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:45 am

Awww.... Dani is leaving....
I'm going to miss you. If it wasn't for you, I would have left a few weeks ago. We both know that story, and I would rather not revisit it. Thank you for convincing me to stay. I've made friends here that will last because of RolePlay Gateway, and I hope you are one of them.
I'll make those pictures for the MFC, and I'll email them to you as well as post them on the thread, just to make sure you see them. I didn't know I was coming up with such a novel idea. xD
Anyway, I love you Dani! And remember, I'm only an hour a way if your fiancee/soon husband makes you mad and you need some ninja skills!
~Luffles,
Forky

TheAlmightyForkNinja
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:51 pm

Vexar, we speak almost daily. I'm also an admin with you on your site, so I'm never too far. :P You're one of the best friendships I'm taking from this site, as we have grown extremely close over the past several months...almost a year! Luffles.

Riikano, I know we never spoke much, but thank you so much for your kind words. It's people like you that are making me realize the impact I had here. Even people I didn't talk to all that much are emailing me long emails about how much they will miss me. It's all bringing tears to my eyes. Thank you for helping to make my overall experience here a great one.

Forky, you are another dear friend, and I'm so glad we can talk through email and on MSN and stuff. You are certainly a diamond in the rough that I would never want to lose. I look forward to this pictures, and be careful about offering me a haven away from my fiance; I may take you up on it from time to time! <3

I've been battling a lot over the weekend about my leaving this place. All the loving emails I'm getting are making me regret it, but after a heart felt conversation with Vexar this morning, I realize that I am making the right decision. I have so much to focus on, and the stress I've felt here can no longer burden me. I need some Dani time, as he put it. I love you guys, and am so glad so many of you are willing to continue our friendships through other channels once I leave. I also want you guys to know how much it means to me that I will be missed so much. I love you guys. =/

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!