Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Fateful Travels

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Fateful Travels

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:12 pm

Lars answered the old man, "Myra blesses you as well friend. However you have turned a blind eye to her, she patiently awaits for you to ask for her blessings again is all."

The low moans of the dragon reverberated around him. Lars felt the ground shake slightly with every heavy step the dragon took. Without turning to face the dragon as he waited for entrance to the town, Lars spoke, "By the four Gods. Master Dragon I fear you shall cause the towns folk to stamped forward and crush me in an effort to touch such a magnificent creature as yourself."

Adjusting his position he glanced at the dragon a moment, "Truly master dragon, the children will wish to climb upon you and urge you to carry them skyward. I would caution you do not fly higher than a few feet above the trees. Killing children is considered bad form." Lars chuckled as he returned to his vigil.
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axanthisis on Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:20 pm

"You can't kill children anymore?" Havin asked. After getting nothing but an bewildered glare from the knight he replied "That's a joke my friend." Then turning to the dragon. "I'm afraid I'll have to agree. In fact you might want to turn down the opportunity for a ride. Give one child a flower, and soon your garden will be empty."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Axanthisis
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NewArthur on Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:20 pm

Tien stepped out from the carriage, drawing his cloak he put it on, this was a outskirt town, and he didn't want to get to the flaming torch and pitch fork stage.

He walked over to stand next to Lars, "So you going to enter the village anytime today, unlike me you wont get the torches lit" Tien spoke. "Now come on and i will get you a drink from the tavern"

He took a few steps forward expecting Lars to follow, but he didn't he stayed in his spot waiting

"Don't say its one of your wacky rituals?" Tien Luaghed
Police cordoned off Liverpool City Centre this morning when a
suspicious object was discovered in a car. It later turned
out to be a tax disc.

You can Razzle Dazzle my Fantazmagazzle!!!!

NewArthur
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axanthisis on Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:37 pm

"My friend," he said patting the knights shoulder, "you remind me of a story I heard. Two sisters had left home and married far away. Both of their husbands being merchants, they both were traveling to the same place to buy and sell. Now each sister wrote a message and gave it to their husbands, so they might in turn give it to the other's husband, who would give it to the other." Havin paused. "I think that's right, its all very confusing... Anyway, both of the husbands saw each other, but not wanting to be first to speak, and thus appear too friendly or oppressed by their wives, the two never said a word. Both of them waiting until for the other. When the time of the market was over, both left and went home to their disappointed wives. Not that I think you should enter the town. No, it's good for a young man to stand by his principals. I just like the story that all."

Axanthisis
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:41 pm

Lars looked though his great helm at Tien, "Master Dragoon I fear it is a ritual I must abide by. I shall accept that drink once I am permitted entry."

The light sprayed off the great helm, sending glittering rays of light across the red wall. Lars adjusted the shield and tapped the spear again. He knew that he may never enter this town. He had stood out of other towns, in rain and snow waiting patiently to be granted entry. Lars smiled under the great helm, the sweat beading on his forehead.

"Perhaps master Tien you may ask one of the local town elders to come speak with me?" Lars suggested. The wind whipped the hooded tunic around him. He felt the weight of the chainmail and gambeson. The shield made his arm numb. Lars looked up at the azure skies, "Myra I am your champion. Grant me strength to do as you bid. I am your bulwark, I am your shield. I am your Myrmidon o' Goddess of peace." He said stoically.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:51 pm

Finally, one of the children came back out with what appeared to be a grandparent. Jade was nearby, laughing and still playing with the small group that had not gone to fetch Lars' invitation. Some of them were gazing in awe at the mighty dragon, others simply stole furtive glances and giggled things about sheep and maidens. Jade was stoking the fires of curiosity, it seemed, nodding at the large creature and whispering things that brought about even more giggles.

"Sir Knight, we would be honored if you would enter our humble village," The elder spoke in a creaky tone, offering as much of a bow as he could muster. "It has been many years since we had a Myrmidon enter our gates." The man bowed again, his head wobbling with age as the child behind him stared up at Lars with eyes full of youthful interest.

One of the children timidly approached the dragon, peeking out from under a rough blanket. He had likely never seen such a magnificent sight, much less up close.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:08 pm

Lars bowed to the elder, "I am Lars son of Grim. I am Myrmidon. I grant this town the Pax Myraic. I am your defender as long as I remain among you." Lars' baritone voice boomed as he looked at the old man. Then bowing, Lars said "Master lead me into your town and the peace of Myra shall follow."

The old man grinned a toothy grin and hobbled into town, the Myrmidon walked slow measured paces behind the old man. Once beyond the walls he paused and removed his great helm, the rush of cooling air upon his face was a relief. Eying Jade he flashed her a smile and bowed to the children whom had gathered around her.

Looking to the dragoon he shouted, "Master Tien, I would like very much a drink my friend."

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gwen on Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:21 pm

Gwen laughed as the children crowded around Jade and an elder spoke with Lars. She spotted another child, a little girl, playing with her father in a garden in front of their clay hut. He played a peculiar wind instrument while she danced about, laughing and twirling.......
.......Papa bowed to her as she curtsied back. Gwen smiled and laughed as her papa began to play his fiddle and danced around her. She twirled around a skipped to the rhythm of his music........
............A storm raged overhead as she stumbled her way through the forest, struggling to hold back her tears. Lightning flashed and her hands tingled with the power that flowed through them.......
........"Papa! Why?!" she cried..........

Gwen snapped back to reality. She rubbed her eyes as if to rub the vision from them, but the image haunted her from the deep recesses of her memory. She looked at the daughter and father once again.
".......Papa....." she whispered. She scratched Renmith's ears and turned around to find something to preoccupy her mind.

Gwen
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:09 pm

Jade caught sight of Lars finally giving himself air...and his smile. She grinned back, though it may have gone unseen. Turning back to the gaggle of children, who had assembled themselves in a messy circle with her, she continued on with the spirited story telling she had been entertaining them with.

"So you see, after the great demon had eaten me, I proceeded to beat around in his stomach until-"

"Didja die?"

"How come he ate ye?"

"Was it dark?"

"Didit smell awrful?"

"Nay, 'cause he was a foul tempered beast, aye and aye. But I ran me elbows an' knees against the beast's gut, until he got tired of me taste, and he spat me right back out! So then.." And the yarn continued to be spun out, accentuated with wild hand gestures. The children gasped or laughed at the appropriate times, while a few just stared with slack jawed awe. When the story ended, they all clapped and squealed with delight. Jade rose to her feet, amid moans of protest. She chuckled, ruffling a few of their messy heads fondly.

"Now now, me liddle mates. I must have words with me big mates. I'll play with you all later." As she strode away towards the tavern and inn that her friends had disappeared into, she called over her shoulder, "Mayhaps the great dragon Olechrïss will allow ye to clamber upon his back, if ye were to ask very politely!"

Jade entered the surprisingly well lit tavern, grinning at the sounds of excited children hollering in the distance.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axanthisis on Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:22 pm

"A tavern!" Havin exclaimed loudly. "It's been too long since the fine taste of ale has touched my lips." He ordered himself a pint. Receiving it, he downed it quickly, almost too fast. The clang of the mug against the counter and a rather loud hiccup, revealed Havin's face, foam covering most of beard. Realizing himself, he became embarrassed and wiped himself clean with his sleeve. "Too long indeed." He sighed. "I probably don't look so much different from the first time I had a pint as a young man." He wasn't really talking to anyone in particular.

Axanthisis
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:29 pm

Lars walked in behind Havin and said slowly, "Havin, what does that story you rambled on about mean? I have been running through it in my mind. Are you telling me a parable? I fail to understand how my standing outside waiting to be acknowledged is like silly bridegrooms." Lars clapped a mailed hand on Havin's back and laughed.

Looking at the vast tavern he spotted a long table and strode to it, his helmet and heater crashing down upon it. The great spear leaning against the wall. Looking around at his companions, a huge grin on his face. Truly the Gods had blessed his life.

"Keep...a round of ale or mead for my companions. And two for our new friends of Claymore!" He said loudly, tossing five gold coins of Northern Llellen on the table.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axanthisis on Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:42 pm

"You're looking to deep my friend." Havin replied. "I was telling a story for the sake of a story. No lesson, no point. You waiting for someone to speak reminded me of it that's all. Sorry to disappoint you. I suppose there's something to be learned from the story, but I don't think it applied really. My conversation has a way of straying from the topic at hand, I believe... And to change the subject completely," then turning to the tender, "another pint."

Axanthisis
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:01 pm

There came a sound of approval, not extremely loud, as the tavern did not have many patrons, at Lars' kind gesture. Jade laughed as she entered, her spirits lifted by the good company she had been keeping and the young ones she had just played with. Sliding cheerily into a seat near Lars, she downed her pint in a professional manner and smacked it back down upon the table. She grinned from ear to ear, though it could scarcely be seen under her hood.

"I've always said, there can be no quarrel with him what buys drinks for the rest!" She laughed, a surprisingly infectious sound, and waved for another drink. "My young disciple would tell you the truth of my statement, but I fear she's likely run off with the dark moody one again."

She shook her head, clearly amused. "Who would have thought that love or affection or any of that could be found on a journey like ours? Hehe...the Siblings certainly have an interesting sense of humor. Eh, Lars?"

Without awaiting a reply, she reached into the folds of her cloak and withdrew a faded piece of parchment. A smaller version of the map they had been provided with. Leaning over it, she nodded to herself, tapping one specific area. What appeared to be a small lump on the land. "I do believe...our first collection will be in the mountain over..." She pointed to the left, though obviously they could not see the land mass, "..yonder."

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axanthisis on Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:13 pm

"What's this now?" Havin asked his interest piqued. "What are you collecting? I didn't take you for treasure hunters, not that there is anything wrong with that, in fact I have done my fair share. Regardless, I ask again, what is this you are collecting."

Axanthisis
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwing on Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:24 am

Mimi had been surprised before at the friendliness of the group, not to mention the sheer wonder of the tale they told. She introduced herself by her first name only; her last name was for when she was in trouble, so far as she was concerned, and gratefully stuck around during the rest of the trip to town, keeping out of people's way as much as she could, though she really coudln't resist little pranks, tying the reigns into a knot when Jade wasn't looking, tapping children's tunes on the knight's sheild when she saw it lying unattended...but eventually she'd gotten tired, when one has such short legs and small lungs, walking for a day is very tiring work, and frustrating because one didn't cover much ground, either. She'd curled up behind some stuff in a corner, a small little figure, and had gone to sleep.
Apparently they'd been kind enough not to wake her when they got to the town.
She woke up now, though, and stretched with a great yawn, looking about. Where'd everybody go? And more to the point, where was she? Crawling out of the carriage, she blinked in the sunlight and pushed her mop of black curles out of her face, looking around. A village, apparently. The smell of fresh bread floating out of some window somewhere reminded Mimi just how hungry she was, and she began to walk down the street slowly, wondering if sh eoculd find something to eat.
Eventually she came upon a tavern. From her short height she just see over the windowsill. Lovely, it seemed that alcohol wasn't the only thing served here. Now there was the leetle problem of getting inside when one looked like a little child... Preparing for the usual embarassing and infuriating confrontation, she stepped through the door, having to reach up to get at the handle.
(\ /)
( . .)
c(")(")
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

Looking for something fun, epic, and literally fantastical? Come join up with
Xiwe - a Medieval Fantasy Adventure

Moonwing
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ayaliss on Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:47 am

Children had flocked in front of the dragon. They all looked very curious, and hopeful. One of them said something that Olechrïss couldn't hear, looking very eager to do something.
"Excuse me, youngling, I did not hear you", he said as he opened his eyes. They all whispered between eachother, some giggled, some were quiet, but they all whispered.

He yawned, making a soft and calmly ringing sound.
"Please, approach, don't be scared", he then said. The child with the blanket, who had been there first, slowly approached him. He looked like he was chewing something, then pointed at Olechrïss.
"Teeth", he said in a most adorable way.
"My teeth, you say?", said the dragon with a mild laugh and opened his warm mouth. The child came closer, and slowly felt his right canine. When he did, Olechrïss closed his mouth, and all the children ran forth and began jumping up at him, pulling their fingers through the glowing scales, some came to look at his eyes, others standing in front of his mouth and nostrils feeling the warm air and laughing, when it almost pushed them over.

The one with the blanket had managed to climb up at his back and shouted about riding a dragon.
"Now, you better get off, that's rather dangerous", Olechrïss said, but they didn't understand, or simply didn't care. He slowly rose to his feet, and the children below him scattered with bewildered 'wow's coming from the crowd. The one with the blanket simply sat at his back, awaiting takeoff. Olechrïss checked that the child was sitting properly, and them jumped up into the air. He flapped once, and then quickly dropped back to the ground. Some of the children ran out to tell their parents, friends, and gods know what other people, about the dragon outside the gate.

"You..! No, get away from it! Dragons are dangerous!", called a woman who had recently appeared at the gate. All the kids ran away, into the town, and slowly the one with the blanket climbed off. He looked up at the dragon, and stretched out the thing he was hiding behind earlier.
He threw the blanket up at Olechrïss' head, waved, and ran off to what seemed to be his mother, who took him in her hands and went towards her house.
"Peace be with you, ma'am", he called to the woman, who briefly turned, then hurried into the house.
^ The text your searching for is that way ^

http://www.myspace.com/ymudmusic - Rocking it the Ambiental way. With a bag of Frasse in my mouth.

Ayaliss
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NewArthur on Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:36 pm

Tien sat with the others laughing and joking with them, drinking his fill, in the quiet tavern, just like it was when he was in his clan.

Tien's mind drifted back to long ago during a peaceful time of his life, when he was not embroiled in clan wars. Watching as his youngest brother was first taught to gain flight. He then flicked to the moment his tribe was destroyed betrayed by a clan thought to be there friends, they were whipped out to the Dragoon, but Tien survived he also got his badly wounded brother out to. But He to succumbed to his wounds, leaving Tien alone to travel the world.

Tien soon after came out of his memories he called to the barkeeper "Another round all round my friend" a smile once again on his face.

NewArthur
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ketsueki Tenshu on Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:29 pm

Mar looked at all his companions. He hated going into towns. All the attention was something he was not used to. The Chosen seemed to be having a good time, what with the Tavern and the laughing children. Mar herd Gwen mumble something, but for once his thoughts we're not consumed by just her. Something was whispering to him, a dark voice speaking from the shadows. Mar looked around, a scaled hand on one of his shruikan's. His eyes eventually found a small building. Over the doors were the symbols of the Gods, Mar suddenly felt extreamly uneasy. Why is it this place is whispering to me?
Nothing can be obtained in this world without some degree of Image

Ketsueki Tenshu
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwing on Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:46 pm

Mimi stepped through the tavern door and looked around, she was surprised to see the group she'd traveled here with sitting across the room; odd coincidence, but still, she ought to thank them for the ride again. However, the imp had barely taken two steps towards them when a hand gripped her collar from behind "Ain't no kids allowed in here" growled a voice from behind, Mimi felt herself being lifted.
Now there are a lot of things Mimi really hates. Being patted on the head, heights, potatoes, etcetera, but the one thing that tops the list is being picked up. Especially by the back of one's tunic collar.
She tried to aim a kick at the arm holding her up but as she was still facing away from the person who'd done the lifting, this only sent her waving like a pendulum, "Put me DOWN!" she yelled as she was turned to face this person; an older man with gray streaks in his heavy beard and a weathere-dlooking face. He was grinning. She tried to hit him but she was kept - annoyingly - out of reach of his face. He laughed, and that succeeded only in making her madder. "I'm not a Myra-damned child now put me down you...you...you stupid human!" she yelled, her voice growing somewhat shrill. A few people turned to see the commotion, and the sight of an imp being held up, kicking and shouting at someone who was large even for a human, inspire dmor ethan a few chuckled. This of course, did not help her temper. "PUT ME DOWN, DAMNIT!"

Moonwing
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:22 pm

Jade's laughter died down, her eyes shifting to seek the noise of the dismayed squabbling. She rolled her eyes, slipping away from the table and approaching the man and the hollering imp. Such fuss, and there wasn't even any blood spilled yet.

"Watch thy tongue, impling. Myra would weep to hear such foul words coming from such a sweet face." Her tone touched with mirth. She herself uttered much fouler oaths with little provocation, but it didn't seem necessary to bring that point up. Turning to the chuckling man, she added as politely as possible, "Would you mind setting her down, mate? The little one may be a pest, but she is traveling with my companions and I. I'd take it as a kindness if you'd leave her be."

The man eyed the squirming imp with some concern. "That depends, laddie. Can ye guarantee we'll not be awaken in the morn to find our sheep sheared funny an' our beards shaved off?"

Jade grinned to herself. Once more her gruff tone and posture belied her gender. Normally, she did not take notice. But for some reason it amused her today. "Aye, mate, that I can. For if any such hijinks were to take place, I know of a very large dragon that would be surely thrilled at the chance for an appetizer."

This was good enough for the man, and he cautiously lowered Mimi to the floor. He returned to his drink, as did the other tavern goers. Jade turned her back to the imp, waving her forward. "Come along, then."

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!