Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Favorite music, author, books, movies and series

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Favorite music, author, books, movies and series

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Methodical_Madness on Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:19 pm

I just thought that I might put this up to get to know you all better and for the sake of general conversation. We put down our favorite bands, authors, movies and any series that we read or watch bellow. This is merely out of curiosity however I feel it is appropriate :)

Mine are:
    Favorite:
    Bands: Three Days Grace, Disturbed, Demon Hunter and Breaking Benjamin
    Song: Three days grace: Break, Scared, Good Life Disturbed: This moment Demon Hunter: Follow the wolves Breaking Benjamin: Had enough(atm)
    Books: Twilight Herald/ Storm caller by Tom Lloyd
    Movies: That one is a hard one... I'll leave answering this one until after I have seen either Don't be afraid of the dark or Thor however atm it would have to be a toss up between White noise- the light and the butterfly effect
    Series: Supernatural definitely tho the old ones are way better than the new.
    Favorite manga/manwa: Ares, The breaker(Both original and new waves)
I am a manifestation of your delusions, I am the moment of destruction after the agony of loss, I am the essence of your nightmares, I am the deepest sorrow of your soul and the greatest lust within your mind... I am Methodical Madness.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Methodical_Madness
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Favorite music, author, books, movies and series

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Methodical_Madness on Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:56 pm

No responses :(

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Methodical_Madness
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowStryker9255 on Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:37 am

Bands: Escape the Fate, Linkin Park, Fort Minor, Coheed and Cambria
Song: Zombie Dance, Choose Your Fate, Wretches and Kings, Remember the Name, Feathers, The Light and The Glass
Books: The Host, Leviathan
Movies: The Shining, Silence of the Lambs
Series: ...None, really.
Favorite manga/manwa: Hetalia and the Kingdom Hearts manga
then our message is clear, my dear
this all ends tonight

ShadowStryker9255
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Johnny_Tokyo on Mon May 30, 2011 5:05 am

Favorite:
Bands: Tokyo Jihen, Muse, Outkast
Books: Song of Ice and Fire Series, House of Leaves
Movies: Donnie Darko, Snatch, Ping Pong
Series: Mad Men, Skins, Dexter
Favorite manga/manwa: Haven't read much...Death Note?

Johnny_Tokyo
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prospero on Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:14 am

Currently:

Bands: The Hold Steady, Streetlight Manifesto
Books: Prince of Nothing - Aspect-Emperor series by R Scott Bakker
Movies: Inception
Series: The Wire

Prospero
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby oblivionSky on Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:58 pm

Bands: I don't have a particular favorite - if I like a song, I'll listen to it.
Books: Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling
Movies: Hm... don't exactly have any favorites... I'd say the Star Wars movies and the Transformers movies.
TV series: Not sure. I don't watch TV much.

oblivionSky
Member for 13 years

Hnnnnnnnng

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HipsterHitler on Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:25 pm

[Content deleted by Admin]

HipsterHitler
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Metalzero on Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:38 pm

Bands: Gojira, Necrophagist, Obscura, Cynic
Song:Centric Flow, anything by Gojira, Culinary Hyperversity
Books: This Monster Lives
Movies: Click, The Longest Yard and many, many others.
Series: Persona
Favorite manga: DBZ, Yu-Gi-Oh
Current Active RP's

Death Island RP
http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/death-island/

Can You Survive the Haunted Island?

Metalzero
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PetGhost on Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:52 am

Bands: Skrillex, Torus, Chrispy
Song: Hyper Chondriac Music, by Muse. That song haunts me.
Books: Swan's Song - Robert R. McCammon
Movies: District Nine, or maybe The Mist
Series: None, I don't watch TV

PetGhost
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedRaine on Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:55 am

Interesting. ^^

Bands: Monkey Majik, The Pillows, The Hush Sound
Song: Alive With The Glory Of Love, Funny Bunny
Books: Light Novels(really any)
Movies: Pirates of the Caribbean Series
Series: Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Scrubs
Favorite manga/manwa: Soul Eater, Veritas, Psycho Busters
~Still trying to fit all of my dreams in a pokeball.

RedRaine
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheGreemSim on Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:59 pm

Bands: The Gaslight Anthem, Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Black Keys, The Hold Steady
Song: Even Cowgirls Get The Blues - The Gaslight Anthem, The Trench - Chuck Ragan, To Be Young (Is To be Sad, Is To Be High) - Ryan Adams
Books: Shantaram - Gregory David Roberts, Scar Tissue - Anthony Keidis
Movies: The Pineapple Express
Series: The Big Bang Throry, Modern Family and loads more.

TheGreemSim
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ellipsis on Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:01 am

Musical artists: Rjd2, Bonobo, Nujabes, the Submarines, Sneakerpimps, Beats Antique, Ratatat, Ronald Jenkees, the Gorillaz, the Shanghai Restoration Project, Thievery Corporation, Massive Attack... Et cetera, et cetera.
Songs: 'Kiss the Sky,' Shawn Lee's Ping Pong Orchestra; 'Hayling,' FC Kahuna; 'Smoke & Mirrors,' Rjd2; 'The Truth,' Handsome Boy Modeling School... My favorites tend to cycle, though. Usually, my songs don't have lyrics...
Books: Catch-22, Joseph Heller. Thief of Time, Terry Pratchett. American Gods, Neil Gaiman. His Dark Materials trilogy, Phillip Pullman.
Movies: Survive Style 5, Ink, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, Boondock Saints.
Series: Pushing Daisies, 3rd Rock From the Sun...

Ellipsis
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Contributor Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seiken Exsa on Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:45 am

Bands / Musical Artists : Dead or Alive, Savage Garden, High and Mighty Color, Morning Musume, Dragon Force, Abingdon Boys School, Girls Dead Monsters, T.M. Revolution, Kimeru, Leona Lewis, Utada Hikaru, and Two-Mix.

Songs: Just Communication, Rhythm Emotion, Just Love, I Want You Back, You Spin Me Round, My Hands, Crow Song, Real Emotion, 1000 Words, Starry Heavens, Beautiful World, Cruel Angel's Thesis, and many more!

Books: Rewind, A Wizard of Earthsea, The Giver, and A Wrinkle In Time.

Movies: The End of Evangelion, Evangelion 1.11: You Are (Not) Alone, Evangelion 2.22: You Can (Not) Advance, The Ring, The Ring Two, Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire, The Matrix Reloaded, Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz and many others!

Series: I don't watch TV anymore like I used to.

Manga: Neon Genesis Evangelion, Dot Hack // Legend of the Twilight, Elemental Gelade, Saber Marionette J, and Mobile Suit Gundam Wing.

Seiken Exsa
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinclairWilde on Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:11 pm

Bands: poets of the fall, MuteMath

Songs: I'm too ecletic and changing to pick right now

Books: Song of Ice and Fire, anything by mercedes lackey, the dark angel books, Harry Potter

Series: Twilight Zone

Manga: Whaz-it?
And therefore, — since I cannot prove a lover, To entertain these fair well-spoken days, — I am determined to prove a villain, And hate the idle pleasures of these days.

"And thus I clothe my naked villainy With odd old ends, stol'n out of holy writ; And seem a saint, when most I play the devil."

SinclairWilde
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ephemeral Rhapsody on Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:28 am

My Favorites!

Bands: Sonata Arctica, Apocalyptica, Mew, Lady GaGa, Fallout Boy, Nightwish
Song: Swing Life Away, Apathetic Story, Walking on the Air, Part of Your World, Sleeping Sun, Ghost Love Score, A Sadness Runs Through Him, Misplaced, White Pearl, Black Ocean
Books: Sword of Truth, Atlas Shrugged, The Fountain Head, Nightrunner Series, To Dance with Kings
Movies: The Diary of the Dead, Emperor's New Grove, Little Mermaid 2, Nightmare Before Christmas, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Beginnin of the End, Windchimes (German), Tales of Two Sisters (Japanese), Suckerpunch,
Series: Supernatural, Charmed, Un Gars/Une Fille, Bones, Game of Thrones, The Borgias, Doctor Who, South Park, Family Guy, Simpsons, American Dad, Teen Wolf, And so many more...
Favorite manga/manwa: Deathnote, Naurto, Fullmetal Alchemist, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

I could never fully favor one over the other and I bet I forgot a whole bunch but here's a brief idea of my broad tastes.

Ephemeral Rhapsody
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Terror Mechina on Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:49 pm

Bands: Arch Enemy, Nightwish, Alestorm, Megadeth, Scar Symmetry, Rhapsody of Fire
Songs: Nemesis - Arch Enemy, Holographic Universe - Scar Symmetry, Bye Bye Beautiful - Nightwish
Books: The Night Angel Trilogy, The Malazan Book of the Fallen
Movies: Paul, The Dark Knight, Wanted
TV: The Walking Dead, Supernatural, Big Bang Theory, Being Human (US)
Manga/manwa: I don't read any, sorry.

Terror Mechina
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kiri711 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:46 pm

Bands: Savage Genius
Songs: Firework, Pearl Katy Perry, Secret
Books: Kingdom Keepers Series, Mortal instruments, Infernal Devices, Gallagher Girls, Heist Socity Series.
Movies: Spirited Away, Hound of the Baskerville
TV: Sherlock Holmes, Big Bang Theory, American Dad, Once Upon A Time.
Manga/manwa: Psycho Buster, Negima, Black Butler, Gentlemen's Allience Cross
There are forks in the road
What will you choose
How while you fight back in such ways.

Kiri711
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:05 am

Well i not so sure i can name a band that i like, i tend to like Prussian military marches, Red army chore, Jazz like Glen Miller's, Celtic music, Dixie, and certain patriotic British tunes such as I Vow To Thee and Rule Britannia.

my Favorite song is without a doubt I vow to thee my country.

Books: Anything Bernard Cornwell, Yes minister, Achtung – Panzer, midshipman's hope, Endar's game,the Memory of Earth, Alas Babylon, Adolf Hitler my part in his downfall by spike Milligan and many other books i can't think about at the moment. My favorite play is the bed sitting room.

Movies: Das boot, the Battle of Britain, the Lord of the rings, doctor strange love, the mouse that roared, Carry on film series and others i can't think about at the moment

TV: Doctor who the ORIGINAL series from doctor's 1-4, the 1950's Robin hood series, Colbert report, hammer house of horror, the world at war documentary series, monty python, Dad's army, red dwarf, star trek, Battlestar galactica ORIGINAL SERIES, star gate until the SGU disaster, Blake7, I Claudius, Secret Army, Firefly, Merlin... and other series

Manga: Fullmetal alchemist, Naruto, Crest/Banner of the stars.

Anime: Crest/banner of the stars, Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood, Black lagoon, Monster, Baccano,Cowboy Bebop and others i can't remember the names of at the moment.

Games: Fallout 3, Oblivion, Skyrim, Morrowind, Hearts of iron II, darkest hour, Victoria 2, civilizations 2,5 and Alpha century, Kotor 1 and 2, Mass effect 1, Rome total war, Medieval total war 2, cultures 1, dragon age 1, age of empires and other games...

RADIO: THE GOON SHOW!!!

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby abiotrophy on Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:07 pm

Artists: Nine Inch Nails, Florence +The Machine, Lana Del Rey, I Blame Coco

Song: Selfmachine, I Blame Coco; Drumming Song, Florence + The Machine; Diet Mtn Dew, Lana Del Rey; Summertime Sadness, Lana Del Rey

Books: The Lies of Locke Lamora [Scott Lynch]; The Perks of Being a Wallflower [Stephen Chbosky]; The Manual of Detection [Jedediah Berry]; Lolita [Vladimir Nabokov]

Movies: Oldboy; Memento

Series: None in Particular...unless Code Geass counts? ^^;;

Favorite manga/manwa: Angel Sanctuary [Kaori Yuki]

abiotrophy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WittyNToxic on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:56 am

Bands: Muse, Slipknot, Metallica, Rammstein, Protest the Hero, Five Finger Death Punch
Songs: Uprising by Muse, Hysteria by Muse, Supermassive Black Hole by Muse, Rammlied by Rammstein, Ich Tu Dir Weh by Rammstein, Fruhling in Paris by Rammstein, Dying Breed by FFDP, No One Gets Left Behind by FFDP
Movies: Harry Potter Movies, 2012, Independence Day, LOTR Trilogy
Series: The Walking Dead, Prison Break (all time favorite), Dexter, and How I Met Your Mother

WittyNToxic
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!