Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Favourite TV Series and Why?

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

Re: Favourite TV Series and Why?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KannaUchiha on Sun May 08, 2011 7:43 pm

I'd go with Arrested Development, the best written comedy of the last ten-fifteen years or so.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KannaUchiha
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ashdeep on Thu May 12, 2011 7:57 am

1. Human target
2. Hellcats
3. The Defenders
is my favorite tv series is best tv show.i am hug fan on this tv show....

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ashdeep
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CortexiphanGirl on Thu May 12, 2011 9:29 am

I suppose I should preface this with the fact that I do not have cable. In fact, I get exactly 2 channels. One full of info-mercials and the other full of cooking shows - neither of which I watch. So, my favorite TV shows come from those available online or ones that I used to watch when I lived across the country and was privy to cable.

1. Fringe: I can't even say enough about this show. It's complexity and the attention to detail. The wonderful actors and actresses. The intricate plot and humorous script. I am a total Fringie. Hands down the best TV show I've ever watched. Po <3

2. Fire-Fly/DollHouse: What can I say, Joss Whedon is a genius. Both of these series were entertaining. I preferred Fire-Fly because of the cast and the setting, but Doll House was pretty interesting as well. I have yet to watch any of the Vampire Slayer Buffy stuff.

3. Pushing Daisies: The fact that this show was cancelled just blows my mind. They were always witty and humorous, adorable and heart breaking, whimsical and enchanting. If I had to pick one TV series to be revived, it would be Pushing Daisies. Sorry Joss!

4. NCIS/L&O:SVU I used to love wasting my time on these shows instead of doing homework.

CortexiphanGirl
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spongalicious on Fri May 13, 2011 1:21 am

my fave tv shows are
glee because i just love the whole were losers and we don't care sort of aspect

spongebob that is where my name spongalicious comes from. i mostly just like the older episodes.
why do we prefer to see men holding guns rather than hands??

spongalicious
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lacquer on Fri May 13, 2011 6:11 am

House! Then NCIS (love the entire cast), The O.C, Flight of the Conchords, Daria, Arrested Development, Summer Heights. How I Met Your Mother is good for brain numbing entertainment, and I don't mind the Big Bang Theory. I'm more of a comedy person, I think.
___

IORC: AUG 22 - SEP 2!

Lacquer
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby whitemanPT on Sat May 14, 2011 4:42 am

House M.D. i just love the sarcasm on house cant get enough.
The world inside your mind is ten times bigger than the real world

whitemanPT
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maxxi on Sat May 14, 2011 11:51 am

I've always favored Jersey Shore, because the guys are sometimes cute.

Teen Mom, just because I laugh at their troubles because they are stupid.

Ghost Adventures, mainly because I like ghost stories, but Zak is cute.

Maxxi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kenster on Sat May 14, 2011 8:27 pm

Sonic X, because it ended with the WORST cliffhanger and I am still waiting for season 4. It was still good though: Tails got a girlfriend. That makes it all worthwhile.
♪A blue blur speeds by, Sonic The Hedgehog! Too fast for the naked eye, Sonic the Hedgehog! Sonic, He can really move. Sonic, He's got an attitude! Sonic, He's the fastest thing alive!!!!!♪

kenster
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zombierodent on Mon May 16, 2011 12:00 pm

I tend to like a lot of Crime Dramas XD Dunno why. Anyways here we go!

Law and Order: All of them! The ones I especially enjoyed were the original series (with Jerry Orbach as Lenny Brisco) and Criminal Intent (I love me Goren and Eames)

Dr Who: C'mon I mean who doesn't love that show? :D

NCIS: I love the cast, they work so well together

Castle: Really well written show

Dancing with the stars: This is one of my Guilty pleasure. I love the dancing and music.

America's Best Dance crew: Another guilty pleasure, but watching my 2 yr old nephew trying to mimic the dances make this show even more awesome.

Breakout Kings: This new show has caught my intrest, and the cast is so totally dysfunctional XD I love it

Supernatural: Love Sam, Dean and Castiel

Chopped: It seems the only reality shows I like are the cooking ones XD I love seeing what people come up with to make with the whacked out ingredients.

Top Chef: I like all the Top Chef series again because I love the challenges.

Face Off: Okay I sorta lied before. This is another reality show I like because it's like Top Chef but with Special FX make-up. I have to admit I was pretty disappointed with the ending though.

I actually have a lot more but I would be at this forever if I kept up at it XD
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I shall poke those who oppose me.
the poking shall be swift
the poking shall be annoying
and I will show no mercy in all of my poking.

zombierodent
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby leopardspotz17 on Tue May 17, 2011 1:46 pm

Ah, television. What would we do without you? Go outside? Don't be silly! Anyway, here are my current favorites:

Criminal Minds: Compelling series. You can't stop watching once you've started. There are multiple plot arcs that get added in here too, so there are always twists lurking in the overall storyline. Love it. My parents... not so much.

Big Bang Theory: ...Bazinga. Incredibly geeking and witty. I love Sheldon's character, and Jim Parsons does a wonderful job. The only complaint I have is the writers making Penny's character dumber. Earlier in the series, Penny was smarter... Sigh. But I'd keep my eyes on the Dr., Dr., Dr., and Mr. ;)

How I Met Your Mother: In general, I love anything with Neil Patrick Harris. Dougie Howser MD, Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog... It's all wonderful. :) This show is an all-time favorite. It never lacks in substance (in my opinion) and keeps a social stability among the characters. I just LOVE this show.

Modern Family: Hilarious. Just hilarious.

Castle: I love Becket and Castle. Great dynamic in there! Plus, Nathan Fillon is always entertaining. I need to check him out in Firefly! For those other Nathan Fillon/Neil Patrick Harris fans, I seriously reccomend Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. It's a short little web series that won a Grammy, if I'm not mistaken.

The Office: I cried when Michael Scott left. I also love the constant friendly war between Jim and Dwight. I saw John Krasinski at a noodle place in NYC and nearly died of excitement.

Saturday Night Live: Andy Samberg, Kristen Wiig, Bill Hader... Do I need to go on?

That's all for now... But I've recently started watching "The Voice" for the sole reason that Adam of Maroon 5 is a coach. It's pretty darn good. I've also watched Merlin during the summer months and liked it very much! Where'd it go? :/

leopardspotz17
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ChinaDoll on Sat May 21, 2011 1:05 pm

Probably Breaking Bad...anyone watch that? The new season is starting up in a month or two, definitely the best drama on television hands down. :)

ChinaDoll
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr_Doomed on Sat May 21, 2011 2:36 pm

There are a lot of shows that I like that seem to have potential, but then are decided that they should be dropped. The reason these great shows are being dropped is because the cooperates at FOX can not give shows a chance if they aren't an instant success. It's a shame really.

Lie to Me- With the psychoanalysis of Criminal Minds, the annoyingly fantastic main character like in House and great stories to go with it all, who wouldn't like it. In my opinion, it is better than both Criminal Minds and House, but FOX was idiotic enough to just stop the second season short without any notice to fans and then revamping it almost half a year later after almost half the fan base gave up on it because of its disappearance. It's a shame it wont come back for a fourth season.

Human Target- James Bond would be Jealous of Christopher Chance, the main protagonist in this great show. Former assassin turned good guy vowing to protect those who have targets on their back. He kicks ass and does it with enough action and effects to be made into a full-blown Hollywood Blockbuster! It was great, even if it had it's fair share of cliches. This is another one that FOX has given up on after only two seasons.

The Good Guys- Take the movie, "The Other Guys" which came out around the same time and then give it some dignity. The Good Guys was a modern day spoof of all those 80's cop films. It was all around good, and funnier than any other live action comedy show on air today. It's a shame FOX only let it run for a season. Give it a chance!

NCIS- Enough of the shows that have been canceled. NCIS is simply amazing! It is all around good and is always throwing in surprises and cliff hangers that keep the audience longing for more. Each character is an individual, but not very much a stereotype of any form. The spin off is a disgrace in my opinion. The characters just seem like they came right from a cartoon. This gives me no reason to care about what the characters get into, especially if I am expecting it to have similarities to the original.

That is all the TV I watch. Technically, you could say that I only watch NCIS now that every other show I watch no longer exists. However, I do watch Discovery Channel and History when something interesting is on. That is just about it though.
“I have wrestled with death. It is the most unexciting contest you can imagine. It takes place in an impalpable greyness, with nothing underfoot, with nothing around, without spectators, without clamour, without glory, without the great desire of victory, without the great fear of defeat, in a sickly atmosphere of tepid scepticism, without much belief in your own right, and still less in that of your adversary.”
― Joseph Conrad

Mr_Doomed
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MrMurdoch on Sat May 21, 2011 3:56 pm

I'd have to say my favourite television series is (if you looked at my avatar and signature, you probably guessed by now) Doctor Who. I love how you have to pay attention to even the tiniest of details in that show, and how everything eventually comes together as one giant plot. I also like the Doctor. He's sexy (but David Tennant's still my doctor). My second favourite is Family Guy, mainly because it makes light of everything. And in a world that seems so intent on reporting usually upsetting news, everyone needs some of that! Otherwise, (and since I don't watch all that much television) I think those are the two main shows I like...

MrMurdoch
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby priya on Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:35 am

Modern Family is my Favorite tv series.I always watch modern family online show.It is an entertaining show.I like this series .It is a Family comedy show.

priya
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xavirne on Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:26 pm

Oh dear god, I have too many! So here they are:
  • White Collar. It's sexy, charming, and hilarious. I'm a sucker from crime shows, and this one has the super attractive Matthew Bomer starting at the main character. Hot, hot, hotttttt! <3 It's my all time fav.
  • CSI. I love this show. I've been a fan since 2008 when I was first introduced. I /might/ have a thing for Gregykins.
  • Bones. Hello there handsome FBI agent. ;]
  • House. Paging Dr. Chase! I think I need some mouth to mouth. <3
  • Castle. Such an adorable show. Plus, it's all about crime. <3
  • Law & Order: SVU. I love watching this before going to bed. It really gives me some epic dreams.
  • Suits. At first I wasn't sure, but then I totally fell for the new guy.
  • Flashpoint. Just an amazing show. I love the character development that happens.
  • The Unit. I'm sad that this series ended so soon. It was really quiet awesome.
  • Desperate Housewives. Might be my guilty pleasure. Ha ha.. ;]
  • Blue Bloods. Noticing a pattern? I really like my crime-based shows.
  • The Mentalist. Patrick Jane is sexy. I love his attitude, too.
  • NCIS. I <3 DiNozzo!
  • In Plain Sight. I really want Mary x Marshall!
Crushing roleplay hopes and dreams since 1989.
WARNING: Likely to "poof" like a ninja.
Yes, I'm a bitch. Get over it. B|

Xavirne
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UnderINK on Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:16 pm

Dexter: Effing amazing. No explanation needed. The books are even more horrific than the series.

The Borgias: I am a history fanatic. This is the most stunningly shot series I've ever seen.

How the Universe Works: Anything about physics has my attention, especially if it's accurate.

Through the Wormhole: Ditto to the above^
•civilization begins with order, grows with liberty and dies with chaos

My Roleplays
Without Absolution- a civilization on the brink of destruction

UnderINK
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MrSnowShark on Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:11 pm

Will and Grace was always a good one for me! I loved that box set And Charmed! But like post Shannon Doherty when Paige came into the picture!
With great power, comes great responsibility

MrSnowShark
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fraulein Sophie on Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:37 am

Probably Doctor Who.

Fraulein Sophie
Member for 13 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby An-Old-Grimoire on Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:45 pm

Definitely The Wire. The way it portrays urban corruption, hopelessness and its cynical nature in general just gets me interested every time. I watched the entire series three times and will undoubtedly watch it a lot more in the future. It's just that good.

An-Old-Grimoire
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ryushima2011 on Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:07 pm

I like: Family Guy, the Wire, the Shield, Two and a Half Men, Doctor Who, Criminal Minds, CSI.... I love those because of the different stories each one have!

ryushima2011
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!