Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Favourite TV Series and Why?

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

Re: Favourite TV Series and Why?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JustDrinkTea on Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:24 pm

Big Bang Theory for sure! It's a lot of smart humor and dumb humor mixed up together. Plus Sheldon is hilarious and awkward. But mostly I like the smart/nerdy aspects of the show.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

JustDrinkTea
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MissDred on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:26 am

Well, this thread has definitely given me lots of new shows to check out...

I'm definitely with whoever it was that said they like American shows. I dunno what it is, but most of the shows I watch are American...

I am madly in love with Psych and just everything about it. It never fails to cheer me up when I'm feeling poo.

I love Criminal Minds (even though it makes me scared to turn out the light sometimes, and it's taught me to never, ever go camping. Ever.) and I totally have a crush on Dr. Reid (who doesn't, amirite?).

I do love shows that have a little bit of a criminal element but usually I like them to have a dose of lols alongside. i.e. Bones and Castle. (Who doesn't love Nathan Fillion and David Boreanaz?) Just started watching Alcatraz which also looks promising. Not so many lols, though, but a healthy helping of intrigue.

I love me some fantasy/real-world/sci-fi shows too. a.k.a. Haven, Warehouse 13 (unlike all the other shows I've posted about, this one I'd watch just for Claudia), and Eureka.

I'm loving Once Upon a Time and Grimm at the moment - I love the whole real world colliding with the fantasy world like that. And Henry (a la Once Upon a Time) is the cutest kid ever.

For shows that are just flat out amusing, I watch How I Met Your Mother (Neil Patrick Harris could easily be my sole reason to watch this, I know Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog nearly word for word), New Girl, Happy Endings and Big Bang Theory. They're all only about 20 minutes, so are a perfect little pick-me-up.

I do watch some British TV... But it's pretty much just Dr. Who and if I'm bored and something catches my eye on iPlayer... But with all the above shows, it's not often that I'm stuck for something to watch. =p

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MissDred
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wet Matches on Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:49 am

Breaking Bad. Great performances by Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul. A witty and engaging drama that can be straight up depressing at times, but leveled out with a lot of surreal, funny moments.

Wet Matches
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:02 pm

Right now, I'm loving Modern Family. It's got stellar writing, the casting is tight and striking, and hey! It's just a lot of fun. You can tell that all those involved on the project are really enjoying themselves.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sangranor on Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:42 am

ViceVersus wrote:Right now, I'm loving Modern Family. It's got stellar writing, the casting is tight and striking, and hey! It's just a lot of fun. You can tell that all those involved on the project are really enjoying themselves.

If you like MF, you should check out a show called Community :)

Sangranor
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shi-chan on Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:54 pm

X-files all the way. Sure, it's been off the air for years, but it's still the best.

Shi-chan
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mona88 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:05 am

My favourite are "Friends" - It's so funny, and i love all the 6 characters in this TV show.
"Desperate Housewives" - The plot is awesome.

mona88
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WendyDarling on Wed May 29, 2013 5:40 pm

I have many favorites, including Bones, Elementary, Warehouse 13, Case Histories, and Teen Wolf.

My very favorite is BBC's Sherlock. Great acting, with some really superb interpretations of Sherlock and Watson. The mysteries have been really well done, and the side characters, like LEstrade, have been brilliant. And of course Cumberbatch is a genius. The only unfortunate thing about this series is that each season is only three episodes long. The episodes are over and hour, sure, but still. Three. And we're still waiting for the next season!

{(Also, Moriarty was FABULOUS)
"Wizards didn't kill ordinary people because a) they seldom noticed them and b) it wasn't considered sporting and c) besides, who'd do all the cooking and growing food and things. "

WendyDarling
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Thu May 30, 2013 5:42 am

Wow. I started this two years ago and boy have my series changed.

I still love Criminal Minds.

But now I am in love with Grey's Anatomy and Revenge. I don't have the channels or the time to keep up with others so it's down to three now :D

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby viper45 on Thu May 30, 2013 9:27 pm

My absolute favorite TV series has to be Firefly. It's got action, adventure, comedy, spaceships, brilliant acting, and a superb story. It manages to flawlessly combine two of my favorite genres: western and sci-fi. One of the very best series that I have ever seen.
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish" - Euripides

viper45
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dreamcastsoul on Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:24 pm

my favorite TV series would have to be Reboot. if you even know what that show is you are amazing. the reason i liked that show is i use to watch it a lot with my father, that and playing racing games was the only real time i got to spend with my father so i guess it just stuck with me.that and it was amazing for the thing it was, it was one of the first shows i saw as a kid to have fake 3D effects in it, the way the modeled and colored the characters in this show gave an almost third dimensional look too it, for when it came out it was damn good.

Dreamcastsoul
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aeroace on Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:01 pm

Hmm i don't look at much TV Series but i would say ''The Walking Dead''

Aeroace
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:13 pm

Supernatural - The exploration and expansion upon the mythology was amazing.

Fringe - The emphasis on the edge of science.

Bones - The chemistry of the characters and the plots.

Burn Notice - Comedic elements mixed with bad-assery on a simple level.

The Simpsons - Just cause. It is the longest running show. Self-parody and parody are what they do best. It just never gets old.

The Game of Thrones - Violence, sex, and a constant reality that the guy or girl you're rooting for might die in the next episode. And of course, a fine balance between what might be reality in a medieval world mixed with enchanting fantasy.

Virtuality - Though it never got past the pilot episode, I thought it had potential.

Community - Parodies, college life, and Chevy Chase. I mean...Chevy Chase.
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nisuki_Hikari on Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:56 pm

My Favorite Tv shows hmm

Hogan's Heroes: I remember watching this show and always smiling at it

Married with children: First off I'M NOT OLD! I just used to catch this every morning before school

Last one Big bang theory: sorry but I <3 this show (sorry I just love the references)
◾I witness your death / You were so unsuspecting / How satisfying.

◾I am eternal / Death will never capture me / My skills exceed his.

◾That was your own fault / You should have paid attention / And looked through the lie.

Nisuki_Hikari
Member for 11 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fallbehindme on Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:45 pm

I love shows like Dexter, Walking Dead, all that fun stuff ;)
"The pen is mightier than the sword."

fallbehindme
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HorrorPunkOtaku on Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:12 am

I saw FLCL when it first aired in the states in 03 and it introduced me to a whole new genre that has lead me to discover many other great shows.

HorrorPunkOtaku
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TCoS on Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:48 am

I've always liked World's Dumbest. It humors me :I
Is now King of Biscayne on RPNation.

TCoS
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fallacywonderland on Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:46 pm

Oh man, favourite TV series? There are so many series that I absolutely love, I genuinely don't know how to pick 'favourites'. I am obsessed with Game of Thrones, I loved the ASOIAF books so when it was being televised, I was ecstatic! And then season one came and blew pretty much everyone away, It's seriously an extremely well done tv show and I would recommend it to anyone.

Aside from Game of Thrones, I also really like The Walking Dead, Orphan Black, Utopia, BBC's Sherlock, Downton Abbey and Legend of Korra (do cartoons count?). And then I have some guilty pleasures like The Vampire Diaries and The Originals. Man, i dont even know how I find the time to watch all of these shows, because I havent even mentioned everything. But these are definitely my favourites.

fallacywonderland
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:57 am

Lost, based mainly on the characters and themes alone. I know a lot of people were disappointed in the ending but I was fine with it. Fate vs free will, salvation/sacrifice, philosophy, dreams/visions, etc. I eat that crap up. There are plenty of other "great" shows though: The Wire, Breaking Bad, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and Justified. I really liked Dexter but the last few seasons took a tailspin.

The Walking Dead is good but lacks a little something to me. This is from a lifelong zombie fan [and I love the comics]. Plenty of others.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShortStacks98 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:19 pm

For me, The Walking Dead, because it's just plain awesome and in my household, we are big zombie fans. And plus, Norman Reedus and Chandler Riggs <3

NCIS, and any other crime show, because I find all of that stuff really interesting.

Game of Thrones, because it's pure awesome, and because, I'm Team Daenerys all the way.

The Vampire Diaries, for reasons I honestly don't know why.

True Blood, because my household are big vampire and horror fans.

That's just a few out of several.
"Everyone is beautiful in their own way."

DessyHope<3

ShortStacks98
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!