Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Feature Requests and Bug Reports

a topic in Help, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Ambassadors, Scholars, Coders

Something not working as expected? Looking for a guide to help you find something? Check here for your answer!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:21 pm

A quick word in the way of Miyumi's request. Mayhap make it a profile-adjusted option to be taken to either the first or last page. I say this because, speaking strictly for myself, I vastly prefer to go straight to the new post, so I don't have to go forward a new page -- Metro always pisses me off like that.
STAVE: Commala-come-ki,
There's a time to live and one to die.
With your back against the final wall
Ya gotta let the bullets fly.

RESPONSE: Commala-come-ki!
Let the bullets fly!
Don't 'ee mourn for me, my lads
When it comes my day to die.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Mon May 01, 2006 8:10 am

I'm talking about it sending me to the first new post, instead of the last new post, because when there are new posts on page one, but the newest went over to page two, it's a pain to go back the page and then skim the posts to find out where I left off.

I don't want to double post, so I'll just edit this one...

Eric, the yellow is even more broken now. See, I logged out, knowing that I hadn't read a certain thread, but now everything is white, so it's not doing anything it should... you might want to fix that...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

miyumi
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Mon May 01, 2006 10:08 am

I believe for the yellow links to work, you MUST be logged in otherwise there isn't a way to check your cookies. Buuut.. I could be wrong.

As for the broken yellow links, whenever I view a thread with a new post, then return the main forum index, the thread which I had just read the new post in is still yellow and remains yellow until my next visit. At least on FireFox it does.
ImageImage

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Mon May 01, 2006 10:10 am

Yeah, but if I didn't read it and log out then log back in, it's supposed to remain yellow. That's what Eric did that broke the fact that it would cease being yellow after you saw it. So now, he doesn't have the benefit of what he was trying to do OR what was supposed to stay which hadn't. So it's completely broken.

miyumi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Mon May 01, 2006 11:29 am

Not COMPLETELY. It's over-enthusastic about what it was supposed to fix.

Fixing it soon.

Keep it coming. This stuff keeps me busy!
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Mon May 01, 2006 2:27 pm

You want busy?

Go edit up Gundam Wing: Endless Duel to include all of our suits, set up a server for us to play it on ZSNES/some other emulator, and code a loby from scratch for us to wait and chat in. Then maybe synch it up with our ranking system, for good measure.

That should keep ya busy.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Mon May 01, 2006 2:33 pm

But I've only just started working on the regular chat code, how is he supposed to do a private chat without the main chat room?

miyumi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Mon May 01, 2006 4:20 pm

What Zhelir is talking about is something entirely different than this website. Basically he was saying Eric should go make an interactive video game that multiple people from multiple stations can access at play simultaneously with one another, and it just so happened that it had a basic real-time chat implemented into it.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Mon May 01, 2006 5:07 pm

okay...

still don't know how he can implement into it a chat that is barely started, let alone finished...

miyumi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digit_masperia on Mon May 01, 2006 7:31 pm

I used to have an emulator...Biones...or something...anyways..

Yeah Master! You should...hmm...make a...uh...nope, This site has it all

*Huggles his Gwing.net*
I am Digit. I am a Forum Junkie. Hear me roar.

digit_masperia
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Mon May 01, 2006 8:07 pm

Yeah! What does Myspace have on us!?

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digit_masperia on Mon May 01, 2006 9:21 pm

XD I guess they have a few improvements...but they don't have Roleplay!

*Gwing.net Owns MySpace* <--Awesome T-Shirt idea.

digit_masperia
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Mon May 01, 2006 9:30 pm

better make it pwns, don't want people to get the wrong idea (I'm not the only one who takes things literally)

miyumi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digit_masperia on Mon May 01, 2006 9:35 pm

Yeah. *Gwing.net PwNs MySpace*

OR!

*Gwing.net is where the 13375 go*

OR EVEN!

(on front) Isn't this shirt awesome? (on back) 'Cuz I got it at Gwing.net!

Ok, that last one sucked...*Out of ideas*

digit_masperia
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed May 03, 2006 4:14 pm

gwing.net pwns myspace.com

Get them while you can, I just might be in violation of a copyright or trademark. I've inquired, no response yet.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Thu May 04, 2006 1:05 am

You know, I just thought of something. How about adding a faction affiliation line underneath our names? So for example, if I were affiliated with }{G, it would say "}{G Member" underneath my name somewhere on each post. Saves us the hassle of checking their profile or the factions listing.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Thu May 04, 2006 4:57 am

I REALLY like that idea.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Fri May 05, 2006 12:41 pm

Added feature to the Character pages.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Fri May 05, 2006 10:32 pm

Error on validations in the Laddder:
Code: Select all
Warning: Missing argument 21 for submit_post() in /home/content/m/a/r/martindale/html/includes/functions_post.php on line 391

Warning: Missing argument 22 for submit_post() in /home/content/m/a/r/martindale/html/includes/functions_post.php on line 391

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/content/m/a/r/martindale/html/includes/functions_post.php on line 685

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby test on Sat May 06, 2006 3:02 pm

Profile Problems (Taking you to the wrong profile, and/or clicking profile up top not working) fixed, I think.

Working on new features, I.E. Last Post in Topic as discussed, post draft (done), and the integration of Mobile Suits, Shops, and The Hangar.

test
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!