Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Feature Requests and Bug Reports

a topic in Help, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Coders, Scholars

Any comments, questions, and/or suggestions you have, please post here.

Feature Requests and Bug Reports

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:55 pm

I'm going to get things done.

If there's something that doesn't quite work properly, or not at all, post here. If there's something you would want worked into the existing features, post here.

Feel free to ask for new features, but I can't guarantee those beyond what I already have planned (top secret!).

I need as much feedback as possible, please.

Post error messages and conditions, URLs and stuff. Details!
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry wrote:If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digit_masperia on Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:27 pm

I guess I'll start off with a suggestion!

I was just browsing through the site, when I came to the ranks...besides the special ranks, there were only Newbie and User.

I suggest we have some higher ranks for us not-so-special-people.

I know you have the word count award thing, but I just suggest we have some unique names as well for people with post counts higher than user.

Grand Post Lord anyone? *Harharhar*
I am Digit. I am a Forum Junkie. Hear me roar.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

digit_masperia
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:08 pm

One of the arguments against that was the problem with post whores. Rankings etc. etc. tend to promote nonesense posts which is highly discouraged here. However now with our more solidified base of moderators, if we keep the forums well maintained we can probably get away with adding more rankings.
ImageImage

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digit_masperia on Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:20 pm

Oh, oh! Can I be a moderator? I’m on basically every single day here, and I'd love to make those filthy non-sense posters weep.

Really, I think it would be awesome if we had true ranking's.

But, of course, that's Eric's choice.

digit_masperia
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:56 am

Done. Click "Ranks" at left to see what I've done.

Continuing onward, I *REALLY* need to find the broken things.

And feature requests for the new system I'm working out: Mobile suit creation integrated with shops and hangar.

(Sinful, you know what I'm talking about.)

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:25 pm

Cool...so I check my profile and I seem to have a title there that I didn't know I had. XD "auteur feminin?"

~Don''t get too excited, because then you wouldn't be so dissappointed and let down when it turns out to not be the way you want

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:41 pm

Eric, have I told you lately that I love you?

Onto breakage.

Highlighting new posts (where the icon on a forum/subforum/topic turns yellow) is a bit busted. It sticks around even after you've viewed all new posts. Not exactly sure on the duration of time.

Also, extraordinarily minor, but still there. When you post in a topic that isn't a credit-earning topic, it still says "You have earned for your post." Or something similar. Nothing big, but shitty grammar, damnit!
STAVE: Commala-come-ki,
There's a time to live and one to die.
With your back against the final wall
Ya gotta let the bullets fly.

RESPONSE: Commala-come-ki!
Let the bullets fly!
Don't 'ee mourn for me, my lads
When it comes my day to die.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:51 pm

Check out the scrollies by clicking "Back to top" on the left hand side of this post.

Works the other way on FAQ page...

And yeah. I'm writing that down.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:52 pm

Whoops I was going to post about that here, but didn't know if I should.

Anyway, also, when you entere this Feedback and Suggestions area, you completely lose the navigation links like "Gwing.net Roleplay Forum INdex" etc. It just dissappears. It's there for a flash second then dissappears. Don't know if this is the same for some other forums. It seems fine in the VIP area.

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:54 pm

Oh and sorry for the double post, though I like the look of the page, I think you might want to change some colors around for like peoples names or something, because in some areas you have to put your mouse over to see them.

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:55 pm

What areas?

And I've noticed that problem when using Internet Explorer. For some reason, it seems to think my width tag is comparing to the entire container model, and not the relative model. ~_~

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:59 pm

In the way of color tags, there is also a problem between forums with them. In some, you appear as an Administrator while others you appear as a Main Mod. It happens with everyone, though; I'm viewed as a normal user here, a Main Mod when shown as posting here from the main index, and a normal user in L04. Wierd shit like that.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:01 pm

What areas?

And I've noticed that problem when using Internet Explorer. For some reason, it seems to think my width tag is comparing to the entire container model, and not the relative model. ~_~

Ahh, alright, it does say the forum would look better using Firefox, I think. So it's probably just me then, since I use IE. I'll go check out a few forums and see for ya. ^_^

Edit: and quotes don't work quite well...*fixes it herself* hee hee

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:13 pm

These are all on the main pages, once you click a topic though you can navigate out of the area, but here are the areas I found:

General Faction Info

Asian Nation (it seems to happen off and on, when I first went in there, it dissappeared but then I left and came back and it was there, then left and came back it was gone again)

Anything Goes

Out There

Growth

Those are the areas. Oh and in Out there, you can't get to the subforum: flames...

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:03 pm

Mind giving Firefox a run?

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:30 pm

I've got a suggestion (mark that down, you know it doesn't happen very often!)

When we're on the home page, and the topic is yellow, and we click on that button that sends us straight to the last post that was posted on the topic... would it be possible for it to send us to the first post in the topic that we haven't read instead? That way, if the topic has gone onto a new page, we don't have to go back one page and try to figure out where the start of the new stuff is.

miyumi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:22 pm

Ooh, ooh! What about fixing the avatars. They kinda don't work right. I bought a }{G flight suit, but when I went to equip it on my avatar, the top half, and the helmet were not available to add.

Uh...can't think of anything else now...but I'll look. :wink:

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:32 pm

That's just the images not being added yet...

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:04 am

o.o Ooo.. Screw the bug fixes. I want the mobile suit creation.

Naw, just playin'. I havn't noticed any problems so far with FireFox.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:23 am

Shhhh. It's a secret.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.