A few of my favorite quotes - What's yours?

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: dealing with it

Have a subject that you'd like to debate that isn't about roleplay? This is the place.

Re: A few of my favorite quotes - What's yours?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Solo Wing Pixy on Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:08 am

"Those who stand for nothing fall for anything."
-Alexander Hamilton

"American political opportunities are heavily loaded against those who are simultaneously intelligent and honest."
-Richard Dawkins
We drink to him as comrade must
But it's still the same old story
A coward goes from dust to dust
A hero from dust to glory.

Modesty wrote:Where originality comes in is finding new ways to explore the things that already exist to us. Suddenly red becomes crimson, ruby, scarlet, cherry, carnelian, vermilion, cardinal, sienna, maroon, sorrel, rojo, sanguine. Suddenly red can become a metaphor, a picture, a symbol.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Solo Wing Pixy
Member for 10 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beau<3 on Tue May 03, 2016 1:22 am

"Wow what a great day I just had nothing can ruin it." - me right before I accidentally backed my dumbass truck into the side of the Dean of my college wife's fancy car

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Beau<3
Member for 3 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sat May 21, 2016 12:47 pm

"Those who have a 'why' to live can bear with almost any 'how.'" - Viktor E. Frankl

"I don't dream at night, I dream all day; I dream for a living." - Steven Spielberg
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 8 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Harυ-cнan on Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:16 pm

"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans."

"I don't trust words, I trust actions."

"Remember the guy who quit? Me neither."

"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing."

Harυ-cнan
Member for 3 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hellfire on Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:41 pm

Every action has a reaction - Newton's laws of motion (kind of)
Every action has a reaction...

Hellfire
Member for 3 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby adddyhunt on Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:21 am

“Tough times never last, but tough people do.” —Robert H. Schuller

adddyhunt
Member for 2 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HelplessBystander on Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:05 am

“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.”

― H.P. Lovecraft

...I think it's a great quote that really sums up a lot of things. I'm weird this way.

HelplessBystander
Member for 2 years
Friendly Beginnings Author Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Writersblock on Wed May 02, 2018 9:50 am

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high functioning sociopath. Do your research!"
- Holmes BBC

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but I know that World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
- Einstein

"Sandvich!"
- Heavy Weapons Guy, Team Fortress 2

Writersblock
Member for 1 years
Friendly Beginnings Conversationalist Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cassiopeia_ on Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:27 pm

"There is noting to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed."
- Ernest Hemingway

"To learn to read is to light a fire; every syllable that is spelled out is a spark."
- Victor Hugo

"The moon is a loyal companion. It never leaves. It's always there, watching, steadfast, knowing us in our light and dark moments, changing forever just as we do. Every day it's a different version of itself. Sometimes weak and wan, sometimes strong and full of light. The moon understands what it means to be human. Uncertain. Alone. Cratered by imperfections."
- Tahereh Mafi, Shatter me

cassiopeia_
Member for 1 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Promethean Author Tipworthy Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!