A few of my favorite quotes - What's yours?

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Have a subject that you'd like to debate that isn't about roleplay? This is the place.

A few of my favorite quotes - What's yours?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vain on Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:55 pm

Just some of my favorite quotes. Most of them are from FFVII....well actually all of these are lol. I'd love to here some of your favorites.

"... they love their lands no matter how polluted it gets." - Barret

"... no one lives in the slums because they want to. It's like this train. It can't run anywhere except where its rails take it." - Cloud

"When you've been a train man as long as I have, you see a lot of people meeting, parting, joy, sadness... After a while, it doesn't even get to you anymore. I wonder how long it's been... There's an invisible rail between me and the passengers. I could never live their lives. I'm just a train man plain and simple. It's easier that way. That's not to say that the crossing gate of my heart doesn't hurt now and again. Back during the war, I remember there was a lot of painful scenes then. But, that's a story for another day..." - a train man by Sector 7

"Whenever I'm in trouble, my hero will come and rescue me. I want to at least experience that once." - Tifa

"He used to give us nothing but headaches when he was here, but now that he's gone.... I kind of miss him. ......strange, isn't it?" - Sector 7 villager

"There are so many frivolous things in this world." - Hojo

"These days all it takes for your dreams to come true is money and power." - President Shinra

"I'll control the world with fear. It takes too much to do it like my old man. A little fear will control the minds of the common people." - Rufus

"All they give us are artillery and stupid excuses... What's left is a world of despair and emptiness..." - Dyne

"Do people really need reactors to live? Aren't there more important things in life...?" - Gongaga Villager

"Looking up too much causes you to lose perception." - Bugenhagen

"When it's time for this planet to die, you'll understand that you know absolutely nothing." - Bugenhagen

"If there's anything I can do to save the planet... or the people living on it... Then I'm gonna do it! I don't care if it's for justice or revenge, or whatever."' - Barret

"Money, moola, dinero! My dream was just a financial number for them." - Cid

"Life is just like the flowing of a river. It flows from the large ocean of life and eventually it returns back to it." - Wutai Villager

"A pro isn't someone who sacrifices himself for his job. That's just a fool." - Reno

"Strength without determination means nothing... And determination without strength is equally useless...!" - Godo

"People are ignorant. They'll feel better as long as someone is punished." - Rufus

"Everything must come to an end. And someday it's gonna be your turn. Even the world's gotta end sometime. Everybody leaves at one time or another. And everyone gets left also. That's just fate... It's sad, but there's nothing that can be done about it." - Mideel Villager

"I don't give a rat's ass whether it's science or magical power. No, I guess if I had to choose, I'd rather put my money on the power of science." - Cid

"Humans who used to only roam around on the ground are able to fly now! And finally, we're about to go into outer space. Science is a "Power" created and developed by humans. And science just might be what saves this planet. I was able to earn my living thanks to science. So to me, there's nothing greater!" - Cid

"I don't want to regret not having done something later." - Cid

"You start worrying and there's no stopping it! Things just start falling apart and get worse and worse." - Cid

"What to do? Have you lost your way? When that happens we each have to take a good look at our hearts. There's always something forgotten. Remember it... Whatever that is, must certainly be what you are looking for..." - Bugenhagen

"Words aren't the only thing that tell people what you're thinking..." - Tifa

"Look always to the internal flow of time which is far greater than the span of a human life." - Bugenhagen

"What you will see will eventually become a part of life's dream." - Bugenhagen

"The gate of tomorrow is not the light of heaven." - Vincent
There is a place within each of us where we cannot escape the truth; where virtue sits as judge. To admit the truth of our actions is to go before that court, where process is irrelevant. Good and evil are intents, and intent is without excuse.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vain
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: A few of my favorite quotes - What's yours?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DreamingForever on Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:16 pm

"After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure." ~Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore
The name seems rather ironic if I’m an insomniac, doesn’t it? :3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DreamingForever
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vain on Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:19 pm

There is a place within each of us where we cannot escape the truth; where virtue sits as judge. To admit the truth of our actions is to go before that court, where process is irrelevant. Good and evil are intents, and intent is without excuse.

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.

Both by the great author R.L. Salvatore, said by Drizzt Do'Urden

Vain
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DJAtomika on Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:59 am

'Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.' - Warhammer 40k, Space Marine librarian.

"Learning to use the tools of modern warfare is the difference between the prospering of your people and utter destruction." — General Shepherd, Modern Warfare 2

'Oi, Suzy.' - Captian McMillian, Modern Warfare.

"Shut up Corporal! Our weapons still work, which means we can still kick some ass!" - Sergeant David Foley, Modern Warfare 2.

For I, am The Darkness...

DJAtomika
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:05 am

" The worlds religions are the ejaculations of a few imaginative men." - Ralph Waldo Emmerson.
"Those who were seen dancing were deemed insane by those who could not hear the music" - Dunno.
"Do not be misled; They say judge not, but send to hell all that stand in their way." - Neket
"All men dream, but not all dream equally. The dreamers of the night dream to only find vanity, but the dreamers of the day. They are dangerous- they make their dreams come true." - Eve, Guild Wars.

"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry." -Edgar Allan Poe

"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before. " - Edgar Allen Poe.
Join in on my Mentoring Rp!
It's a chance to everyone to improve their skills.
Targeted at Newbies, but for everyone!
roleplay/mentoring-classification-zombies#introduction

I see you...

Saken
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:02 am

"For my own part, regret nothing. Have lived life, free from compromise ... and step into the shadow now without complaint."

"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."

"Miracles. Events with astronomical odds of occurring, like oxygen turning into gold. I've longed to witness such an event, and yet I neglect that in human coupling, millions upon millions of cells compete to create life, for generation after generation until, finally, your mother loves a man, Edward Blake, the Comedian, a man she has every reason to hate, and out of that contradiction, against unfathomable odds, it's you - only you - that emerged. To distill so specific a form, from all that chaos. It's like turning air into gold. A miracle. And so... I was wrong. Now dry your eyes, and let's go home."

There's one from each of my top 3 favorite characters in my absolute favorite graphic novel of all time, a literary and visual masterpiece, written by Alan Moore.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheOneAndOnly on Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:35 pm

"Fearless is not the absence of fear. It is not being completely unafraid. To me, Fearless is having fears. Fearless is having doubts. Lots of them. To me, Fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you to death. Fearless is falling madly in love again even though you've been hurt before. Fearless is walking into your freshman year at fifteen. Fearless is getting back up and fighting for what you want, over and over again...even though every time you've tried before, you've lost. It's Fearless to have faith that someday things will change. Fearless is having the courage to say goodbye to someone who only hurts you, even if you can't breathe without them. I think it's Fearless to fall in love with your best friend, even though he's in love with someone else. And when someone appologises to you enough times for things they'll never stop doing, I think it's Fearless to stop beleiving them. It's Fearless to say "you're not sorry", and walk away. I think loving someone despite what people think is Fearless. I think allowing yourself to cry on the bathroom floor is Fearless. Letting go is Fearless. Then, moving on and being alright...that's Fearless too. But no matter what love throws at you, you have to believe in it. You have to believe in love stories and prince charming and happily ever after. I think love is Fearless ." -Taylor Swift

(Wow that took a lot to write ;p)
Last edited by TheOneAndOnly on Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheOneAndOnly
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dementedsoul20 on Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:13 pm

"Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch!!"

"Oh man, that sucks... if that ever happened to me, I'd probably kill myself I.--...hello?"

"Never spend more than $15.99 on a video game..."

"If Ghandi stands for anything... it's revenge!"

"Oh! I can see the bone!!"

"I have low self esteem!!"

"My son won't even look me in the eye anymore!"

"Ragenomics!"

"I CAN TASTE... THE SUN!!!"

"This pig shaped bush frightens and confuses me..."

"IT'S A TRAP!!"

"Me and my confused erection would like some clarification..."

"Sorry my boy, salty seconds!"

"Say whaaaaaaaaaaa...?"

"No, only my friends can call me pig fucker."

"Oh, he made that look easy."

"Man, God must really have it out for that kid."

"CAPTAIN PLANET!!"

"Well... this is a problem..."

"I'm on fire!! WHAAA!?!?"

"Here, Mr. Lincoln, we eat our mistakes...
But I dropped a glass!
EAT IT!!"

"Sorry about AIDs... that was me..."

"Inuyasha makes you gay."

"Anime: Enough is fucking enough!"

"My mate tried to kill me, my gun jammed, and we're still in fucking Bruge!"

"They are rioting at a college level!"

"LOOK HOW LOUD I HAVE TO YELL!!!"

"I'm going to continued to say no until you leave... no no nono no no no no no nonono..."

"No, I started it 16 years ago in a heat of passion and I will end it the same way right here in front of Brock, myself and GOD!!"

"And you know what hurts the moan Joan? ... This nail I just stepped on..."

"DINGER!!"

"YOU LIE D'ARK!!"

"AHHH! WHO PUT RAZOR BLADES IN THESE!?! WHY DOES MY MOUTH KEEP GETTING CUT UP!! WHYYYYY!?!?!"

Eh... I have a bunch more, but I think those are all off the top of my head...
"And if the devil would take her, I'd thank him for his pain, I swear to God I'll hang me self if I get married again"

Dementedsoul20
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conumbra on Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:16 pm

What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause—to use their own knowledge against them? ~Bastila Shan

I'm old, dammit! I've earned the right to be enigmatic if I want to be! ~ olee Bindo

The trick of real combat is that everyone is human. ~Lelouch

False tears can only hurt others. False smiles can only hurt yourself. ~C.C

Conumbra
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:10 am

The most wondrous quote in the world...

You do not love her because she is beautiful, she is beautiful because you love her - Socrates? (I forget)
(16:12:43) Prose says: Izzy does anything she can get her hands on.
(16:12:54) Namaru says: My god Xorn and Prose you guys totally did a bunch of crazy things, I'm sure
(16:12:54) Prose says: Coke, meth, heroine, crack, pot.
(16:13:06) Prose says: Oh that was really bad timing.

Prose
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phoenixrisen on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:30 pm

Vain wrote:No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
by the great author R.L. Salvatore, said by Drizzt Do'Urden

I like that one too, but my all time favorite is this one:

"You can not simultaneously prevent and prepare for war." ~ Albert Einstein.

So true. To bad no one listened to him then or since. Don't get me wrong. I have nothing but respect for the people who are putting their lives on the line for what they think is right. It takes a lot of courage to do that. It's the people who pull the stings while sitting in comfy, safe offices that I have an issue with.

Phoenixrisen
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vain on Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:54 pm

Hmm, war quotes. I think this is my favorite war quote.

"War is dark. Black as pitch. It is not a God. It does not laugh or weep. It rewards neither skill nor daring. It is not a trial of souls, not the measure of wills. Even less is it a tool, a means to some womanish end. It is merely the place where the iron bones of the earth meet the hollow bones of men and break them." -The Prince of Nothing

And this is my favorite quote about loss.

"There is no pain greater than this; not the cut of a jagged-edged dagger nor the fire of a dragon's breath. Nothing burns in your heart like the emptiness of losing something, someone, before you truly have learned of its value. Often now I lift my cup in a futile toast, an apology to ears that cannot hear." -Drizzt Do'Urden

Vain
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:22 am

Oh wow. Those quotes are so awesome! Drizzt = win. Hands down.

Prose
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mummydove on Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:02 am

"Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that caske...t, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable." C.S. Lewis

mummydove
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:36 pm

WE WERE ON A BRAKE!!!! - Ross Geller

If I was a little more modest I'd be perfect - My friend

If let gets too rough... Buy a helmet! - Another friend

I think I'm dumb, or maybe just happy - Nirvana

You're not a judge, but if you're gonna judge me... Well, sentence me to another life. - Paramore
"Real power comes not from hate, but from truth."

Blackbird26
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXSweet_As_SinXx on Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:31 am

"Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone." -Pablo Picasso

"All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up." -Pablo Picasso

"An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all." -Oscar Wilde

"Experience is a name everyone gives to their mistakes." -Oscar Wilde

"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring." -Chuck Palahniuk

"Game shows are designed to make us feel better about the random, useless facts that are all we have left of our education." -Chuck Palahniuk

"We are not special. We are not crap or trash, either. We just are. We just are, and what happens just happens." -Chuck Palahniuk

xXSweet_As_SinXx
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:18 am

The evidence of absence is not the absence of evidence. - Samuel L. Jackson
Everybody! Unless you have been in a roleplay with me in the past and were loyal to it, do not PM or text me about joining your RP.

I do NOT do Pokemon, Yugioh, WoW or any such RPs.

Please be aware of this.

Aniihya
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:28 am

"In a perfect world, you would be watching my TV show while reading my book while wearing my designer jeans."

-Conan O'Brien-

ViceVersus
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevan on Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:33 am

"Son of a gum chewing funk monster! Why the fruit does all this funny stuff happen to me? Forget my life, always surrounded by miserable failing clauds! It's like this whole world just likes to bend me over and find me in the Alps! Like I'm some sort of Schlacreseptical! Well as far as I care, these miserable cows can have a fancy barbecue with a goddamn pig!" - Vegeta, from Team Four Star's parody Dragon Ball Z Abridged.

Nevan
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:51 pm

Whenever they's a fight so hungry people can eat, I'll be there. Whenever they's a cop beatin' up a guy, I'll be there... I'll be in the way guys yell when they're mad an'-I'll be in the way kids laugh when they're hungry an' they know supper's ready. An' when our folks eat the stuff they raise an' live in the houses they build-why, I'll be there.
- John Steinbeck, The Grapes of Wrath

I remember
When we could sleep on stones
Now we lie together
In whispers and moans
When I was all messed up
And I had opera in my head
Your love was a light bulb
Hanging over my bed
-Ultraviolet (Light My Way), U2

Brian: I'm not the Messiah! Will you please listen? I am not the Messiah, do you understand? Honestly!
Girl: Only the true Messiah denies His divinity.
Brian: What? Well, what sort of chance does that give me? All right! I am the Messiah!
Followers: He is! He is the Messiah!
Brian: Now, fuck off!
[silence]
Arthur: How shall we fuck off, O Lord?
-Monty Python's Life of Brian

Iago: For when my outward action doth demonstrate
The native act and figure of my heart
In compliment extern, 'tis not long after
But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am
-Othello, I.i

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
-Benjamin Franklin

Science commits suicide when it adopts a creed.
-Thomas Henry Huxley

Medicine, the only profession that labors incessantly to destroy the reason for its existence”
-James Bryce

NorthernSoul
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!