Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism »

Players Wanted: Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution »

A Few of My Favorite Things

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

Re: A Few of My Favorite Things

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:40 am

Black_Dragon wrote:My boyfriend proposed to me today......................It truly made my day and week.

Woman, that should make your YEAR...your DECADE...YOUR LIFE!!!!

....If you said yes, that is. :)
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 15 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Black_Dragon on Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:29 pm

You're right Mel, it has made my entire life.

................................and I said yes =p
Image Image Image Image Image
------------------------------------------------
RPs I am in:
When Darkness Falls v.2.0 - Running, Please Join!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Black_Dragon
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:16 am

CONGRATS! It makes my day that someone was proposed to! =D

As for me so far...it's only 8 AM but I feel GREAT. I've been trying to make myself get up early each morning to go for a brisk walk or jog first thing, but have found it's SO hard to wake up in my new apartment. I live right smack in the middle of downtown on a busy street, and sometimes tractor trailers driving by shakes the building and wakes me up, making it harder for me to get up in the morning for work. Well, I finally set my alarm for super early so that I could still hit snooze a few times, then finally got my tail out of bed, threw on some shorts and a t-shirt, and went for a brisk walk around downtown for half an hour before I had to get ready for work. It made me feel SO good!

I feel so good about myself right now, because I've been playing WiiFit for at least a half hour every day (I'm so sore!), and now I'll be walking/jogging every morning for a half hour to an hour. I've been eating better, taking vitamins, drinking lots of milk and eating breakfast. I'm not overweight by any means, but I do have a nice little tummy roll I could lose, and I really need to get in shape and tone my muscles. I really feel now like I'm on the right track to being healthier and losing weight, especially after I started walking early this morning. It really makes me happy that I'm taking better care of the body God gave me as well. ^_^

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 15 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KyojoKen on Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:19 pm

My internet died last week, committed seppuku I think. >>;

AND NOW IT IS BACK! BOOYAH!

I had the best of time annoying the ISP company =D They didn't know what hit 'em.

All hail long annoying talks about how the internet is important and no one is supposed to take it away even though it is the ISP and that they can be sued because of it!

(Say that in one breath)

KyojoKen
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Massacre on Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:27 am

I love it when the cook at the DFAC dices up my jalepenos in my scrambled eggs and makes sure they're evenly distributed.

Then again, I love it that I have somebody cooking every meal for me every day for free!

Not to mention they make the best fake eggs ever!

It's also really nice when the guard says good morning at breakfast rather than "ID Card, magazine, you may enter" like some of them. It's really nice when they have a personality. I just have no clue what those Ugandan's are saying most of the time anyway.

I also love the moon here, it's been like a crescent moon for at least a week (go figure.)
Conjunction junction, what's your function?
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself. Friedrich Nietzsche

Massacre
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ponats on Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:53 am

I actually found this website and that made me quite happy.

Also school is closed Monday. So nice rest! :D
Meh.

Ponats
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KyojoKen on Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:42 am

Fasting month started three days ago. Made my week.

KyojoKen
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:09 am

Kyo is one of my favorite things.

So is having my sanity back.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BSX on Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:00 pm

My equal ruler of cheesecake, Angel_Melfina.

BSX
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ice Princess on Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:10 pm

My daddy always makes my day when I stumble my way into the kitchen, every morning, at five AM to eat breakfast... he always has it prepared and has his goofy look on his face that always makes me laugh. That makes my mornings bright and amazing.

Also, a few years ago, my daddy told me why he wanted my name to be Dawn (that is my name), because the moment he found out he was getting his little baby girl from the doctor, it brightened his day because he wanted a daughter, and that made me happy knowing I mean so much to my daddy.

However, the moment I cherished most about today is this morning at figure skating practice, I attempted a difficult jump, and crashed... it hurt and I injured myself, and I was crying, but my daddy was right there holding me and telling me I would be alright and the pain left when he hugged me... I love my daddy. <3 I still wonder how he can be next to me the moment I crash, when he's in the stands... I'll have to ask him. Anyways, that is all I have... oh wait!

What made my life perfect was when I told my daddy about my sexuality. He didn't judge me, or make fun of me, but he asked if I thought Angelina Jolie was sexy! That really made me feel really good, knowing that my daddy accepts his little girl no matter what. :D
"My passion is in my skating, and my ability to perform toe and edge jumps and land them flawlessly."

Ice Princess
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:49 pm

Mmmm One thing that makes me happy is driving early in the morning when barley anyone else is out. The town is quite and peacful, the air is cool and relaxing. I just roll down the windows turn a good station on real quite and enjoy the ride.

I also love the time at night when everyone else in the house is asleep and I can just sit in my bed reading a good book without being disturbed by anyone.

Anyways Ice Princess your story really touched me. : ) I wish I culd get along that well with my dad, all he cares about is work and so he is gone all the time and we don't socialize. Your lucky to have such a wonderful parent! Also congratz Black-Dragon! That is probably one of the biggest moments of your life I bet! : D
Image Image Image Image

Drako11
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ice Princess on Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:45 am

I do get along well with my daddy, but my sacrifice for it came with hatred from my mom... she never talks to me anymore, never watches me skate anymore, and she told me I'm going to burn in hell. >.< D: :'(

Anyways, on a happier note, what I loved about today was that my daddy got me a new purse! Yay!
It totally rocks, and it's pink! It's so hawt.
Last edited by Ice Princess on Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ice Princess
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:28 am

That is awesome, Ice Princess. A relationship like that is really refreshing, although I hate your relationship with your mom is bad. =/

What made my day yesterday was a group of very supportive friends. I was going through a bit of depression and being down about some choices I made. Last night, I finally got my laptop to connect to the internet in my apartment (another thing that made my day!) so I decided to get online. Even though I stayed up WAY past my bedtime, it was totally worth it, because I feel confident in my decisions again after talking to my pals. Thanks pals. <3 I have a newfound energy and am pumped about the future.

As for this morning, I woke up feeling refreshed from the night before, despite having had less sleep. I got ready quickly so I had time to talk to my brother online before he left for class. Even though my work day today is going to be absolute hell (I have to finish up EVERYTHING I've been working on since I'm on vacation next week, on top of having to run errands half the day!) I am no longer anxious about it. I'll get done when I get done. I'll work an hour or two over the weekend before I leave for vacation if I have to. It's fine. Sssssssss'alllllll gooooooooddd. =D

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ice Princess on Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:30 am

Aw! That's awesome Melfina! Friends rule. Most of my friends are female, but I have a few male friends. My best friend is Hannah, and she's amazing. Despite the struggles I face at school, and no matter how many people tease me, she's always there beside me. :D And then there's Midnight! My super awesome grey tabby kitten. She's amazing as well! Tehe.

My morning was made again by my daddy, at five in the morning... and when I got to the rink and started skating, Tyrone (my doubles partner) was there! Tyrone is awesome! We were practicing our triple axel throw and I landed one! It took a while to get it, but now we need to practice our lift and some others for our upcoming program. I am so pumped! Tehe! Well, school now so 'bye for now!

Ice Princess
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KyojoKen on Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:51 am

Kyo is one of my favorite things.

So is having my sanity back.

Dani, thank you so much for that. It brought tears to my eyes to know that I actually make people happy. =')

I never knew I was a "thing". But, hey, I love it and you too, Dani. <3

Pull yourself together boy. You are a man, men don't cry!

That made my horrid day beautiful again =D That made my day.

Oh, one more thing, I control the sanity in this place, so no way is it going back! I am the Minister of Insanity!
Last edited by KyojoKen on Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KyojoKen
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:46 pm

For quite a while, now, my profile has stated that I am an apprentice piano tuner. No more! *changes profile settings*

Huzzah!

Village Alchemist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanitanaw on Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:08 pm

One thing that made my day:

When you had a fight with your best friend, that you've known forever, and havent spoken to for a month, came to you one day, and said, "I miss you, I love you. Sorry." Thats the thing that I wanted to hear for a long time. I finally heard it.

Another thing:

Walking through the forest, in early autumn, sunset. You see the leaves changing, the crisp air, getting away from everything. You see a deer, from far away, but it was still cool. The sunlight dripping through the trees, and the sounds of birds chirpping. Sit on a tree branch that had fallen, look out onto a small pond. Hear Canadian Geese, that tune out the small birds. Look up, you see them, black against the setting sky. It gets too chilly. You go home, hot chocolate, a good book, blanket, and some good music. You read, you feel happy.
It sounds cheesy, but when you think about it, the things that people find cheesy, sometimes makes you the happiest. The simplest, little things...

Tanitanaw
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KyojoKen on Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:48 pm

My day is about to be made beautiful. Yes, beautiful.

I am leaving my universities hostel. You might be thinking "How is that a good thing". Well, the answer to that question is quite concise: It is a good thing because I get to stay with my family(It's easier and much cheaper) and I get to keep away from racist room mates.

Yeah, this is going to make my day. =D

KyojoKen
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KyojoKen on Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:53 am

It has been nice days since I posted here, so this can't possibly be considered as double posting - can it?

I HAS A NEW KITTEN!!! IT PWNS WITH IT'S CUTENESS! And my other cat (Known only as Fat) is jealous. >D

My day is complete.

KyojoKen
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:29 pm

I hugged a lot of old people yesterday.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!