Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism »

Players Wanted: Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution »

A Few Ideas I've Been Storming... *Updated with a new idea*

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

A Few Ideas I've Been Storming... *Updated with a new idea*

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby YooHooYummyTummy on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:09 pm

((Craving for group role play- X Craving for 1x1 role play- +))
**I did morph two ideas together to make an actual role play; though, if you are still interested in doing 1x1 with ideas, feel free to contact me. ^^**

Hello! ^^ Before I get started, I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to read my interest check. :)
Now that's outta the way, let us get down to business! :3

So for a while now, I've been coming up with ideas left and right; and out of the tons I've brain stormed up randomly, I've come to like a few of them to the point where I must make some sort of role play out of them. Now, I am not completely sure whether I want to make them one on one, or actually have an open role play where many people can join; it just depends on how popular one topic gets. :3
Before I list down the ideas, I’d like to list some of the qualities I’d like to get from a role player who is interested in any or all of the ideas below.

• The writing~
    My motto has always been, ‘it’s the quality that counts, not the quantity’; which is true because I much rather have a role player who writes little, yet the quality of the writing is wonderful than one who writes a lot yet has poor quality. With me saying this, that does not mean I’d want someone who constantly writes short paragraphs while I’m pooping out long pages; my ideal type of role player I’d like to role play with is someone who can write really well, and put a lot of effort with the length of the pages. :)
  • Persistency~
    As a usual thing that has been asked by various people who role plays, I would like some dedication to the role playing; I understand that usual pop up when real life comes and pulls you out of dream land and smacks you upside the head, and you tell me (preferably before it happens) then I understand. Even telling me after you’ve been gone for about a week or so would be nice and we can continue where you left off- that is, if this is a one on one role play. If it is a role play where many people are joined, I can easily type up a summary of what’s been going on and you can jump right in. Over all, I’m just asking you not to suddenly disappear without telling me. This being said, I do expect the role players to post at least once to three times a week. :P
  • Gender Division~
    If you prefer to play one on one, I do favor playing the females more than I do males- due solely to the fact that I’m more experienced with the female role playing, but I will do male role playing as well. If you are uncomfortable, then feel free to play whatever gender that may suit you (counting that some of my ideas have little to no romance; I doubt that it will matter when it comes to those types of stories). As for an actual role play, I am a bit picky when it comes to picking the females over males- though; I try to be equal as possible between the two genders. The reason I am pickier with the girls over boys is because of the fact that that specific gender seems to be a bit more popular within the website.

Now that’s gone and done, let’s get to the ideas~! :D (Three X's/+'s = either been wanting to do it for a while, or in the mood for it)).

• Those of the Devil’s Kin.
    This is a vampire role play; but it isn’t one where the vampires are angsts teens who try to find love and can control their powers of being a vampire- no. My definition of a vampire is similar to those seen in ‘Van Helsing’ or ‘Interview with a Vampire’ or ‘Fright Night’. They are sensual beings who are blood thirsty and have no hearts; they find themselves superior and yes, they are immortal. They can change forms (similar to the ones in Van Helsing and Fright Night) and sleep in coffins and can only come out at night otherwise burst into flames and die.
    I’d like the setting of this role play be around the 1700-1800’s, perhaps even the early 1900’s and have sort of an almost ‘steam-punk’ sort of feel, but it still can be questioned. I’d like the plot be between those who hunt the vampires, those who are prey to the vampires and the vampires themselves; how they interact with each other and their conflicts. The plot will become more in depth if this topic shows interests, of course, you guys are free to help form the plot- in fact, I’d prefer it. C:

• A Selkie’s Promise.+
    Recently, I’ve been interested in a mythical being called the Selkie; they are Celtic creatures and are similar to mermaids. They look like seals in their natural form and can shed their skin to walk the land; despite this freedom, they must hide their skin otherwise become spouses to whoever finds them. Selkies are known to make excellent spouses and can bring wealth, good fortune and even lengthen your life. Male Selkies are usually called upon by women who are unsatisfied with their life after they cry seven tears into the water; the male Selkie then appears and stays with them for seven days- by seven days, the woman who called the Selkie are usually satisfied.
    I’d prefer the setting of this role play be around the early 1900-Present day in Scotland or England and have a similar feel to a Disney film almost; yet, more mature. The plot would be between the humans and the Selkies. I would like to have the female Selkies get their skin stolen and they have to look for it and try to get it back, while the male Selkies will have to deal with the depressed ladies. This can or cannot be a romance role play; though, it most likely will be one.

• Rewind.+
    I’ve gotten this idea from a song I’ve been listening to a lot. What happens in the music video is that this guy is stuck in a limbo because he couldn’t save his girlfriend from getting killed; so he must face his sin and is in total depression. I really liked the creativity of how the music video was made so I’d like to try it out in a role play. What I’m planning to do with this role play is either one or more people stuck in this psychological limbo where they are completely destroyed about the death of a loved one or an incident that’s recently happened.
    The setting would take place in a rehabilitation facility for the ‘mentally ill’ and partially in a ‘dream world’. This role play will mostly be focused around how the character reacts to the guilt and/or effect of the incident that had happened to them. They are so scarred by it, that they cannot let go of it; and eventually, subside into a slight limbo where they are reliving the nightmare of the incident in their dreams. This is where the characters will meet; yes, they meet in the dreams. I figure that within the time they are at the facility, they meet a new ‘friend’, and as their relationship deepening, their dreams slowly change; the change due to the new friend who changes the dreams for them.
    This role play is a bit iffy due to the fact that it will be a slow one that will require a lot of inner emotion before character interaction; yet, I cannot keep myself from thinking about so I’d thought I’d give this one a shot by posting it. :3

• The End.
    So during my choir class, instead of paying attention like I should be doing… I’ve been daydreaming or thinking up of a post-apocalyptic situation where the world is taken over by a much more superior being. The end happens suddenly and randomly; I am thinking of some sort of monster like creature- almost werewolf like, yet still has features and mental capacity of a much more evolved human like creature.
    The setting will take place around the present. Many of the characters will be doing their own thing for the beginning before the invasion of some sort happens; at first, it will be just random killing, then perhaps I will change it up to selected killing. I am thinking that the creatures will need specific humans to be kept alive; maybe it might have something to do with their blood line or a secret power that has unlocked when the invasion happens. Later on, the role play will more and likely start to form rebellion of some sort and will have the humans fight against the creatures. Overall, the conflict will be between the humans (yes, that means even the regular ones) and the creatures that take over.

• Ghosts of the Past.+++
    I’m not entirely sure where this idea came from; in fact, I think I thought of it yesterday. XD Anyways, I’ve been craving a role play between a spiritual energy and a regular human. The spiritual energy would be similar to a ghost and take form of their previous body; they wonder the streets and are free souls who can be seen by only a few people.
    The setting would be present day somewhere in a small town; it just seems more appropriate and cozy. The ghosts will have more power during the night than the day and they try to get attention from humans neither to get help from them nor to haunt them, but to simply have their company. This one is probably the only one which needs the most help on since it’s a more recent one I’ve thought of. If this one gets a bit popular, than I will need help with forming the plot of the story line. :3

~~New Idea~~

• The Christmas Program. XXX
    Well, it came to me like a dream- literately. XD It was so incredibly vivid and awesome! So the Christmas Program actually has nothing to do with Christmas at all, but in fact was named after Christmas because it is a time of miracles and magic. Anyways, it revolves around a program that is very exclusive and those who are accepted end up really big and famous- not to mention rich. Yet, there is a catch- they always fall drastically and end up as suicide deaths or homicidal criminals; despite this fact, people still dream about becoming a part of the Christmas Program.
    The Christmas Program was formed by a mysterious man, who is actually a magician; yes I know, it doesn’t sound like a good owner… but this magician was actually known to be the greatest magician on the planet; known to use ‘real’ magic instead of tricks. He did the most spectacular of tricks, so spectacular, that it even made skeptics believe. One day, the strange magician had made an entire circus disappear; the audiences, animals, performers, everyone; everyone except himself. This of course, caused a rise within the Nations; how could a single man be charged of over 300 missing people cases? Then, the magician did the ultimate act of magic; he made himself disappear during the investigation, inside the jail sail; never to be seen- until this day.

Yet, we aren’t for sure whether it is the magician or not; it happened over 40 years ago, so if it was him, he hasn’t aged. Despite the speculations that many ignore, he still became famous; famous of having one of the largest corporations within the world. But it’s all a façade; everything is. You see, when you get selected into the Christmas Program, you meet the magician only once, and even then, it isn’t in person; people who are newly entered into the selected group often say that before their fame becomes powerful, the always have a dream of a man or woman kissing them. In reality, it is actually the magician posing as the opposite sex and transferring his power towards you. Don’t get it wrong though, you won’t become a magician; just someone who has less power than he does.

Once again, there is another catch; the power comes with a price. How do you think the magician stays so young, even after 40 years? That’s right; the magician is a daemon. One who takes souls of the living. The only way to stop him from taking your soul, is to kill others and give him their soul; yet, he won’t stop you from the law’s hands. He will often stay within your head, tormenting you, taunting you until you either kill yourself from sanity, or kill others get him to stop. You can choose. You can try to fight it, if you have a strong enough will; but that happening is a 1 in a million chance.

The setting will take place in present day New York City; the ‘City of Dreams’. You have just been invited into the selected group of the Christmas Program and are about to travel the world. You will have your character start off in an airport, automatically meeting and interacting with other characters. I am hoping this will only last a week, maybe less, before you bored the airplane and head to a different country (perhaps one that wins the majority of the votes). The plane ride will hopefully last less than two days.

Once your character arrives in the country for a prepping vacation, that is where you experience the dreams. I will list the powers (with the help of those who want to participate) that each character gets, but remember, I’d prefer it to be a minor mental power; perhaps a little bit of mind persuading or something like that- something that can help aid their fame. The vacation will last a while and then they will head back to New York City and the rest of the plot will take place there.

Each character will have to fight the emotional strain of trying to prevent themselves from committing suicide or murdering others; so there is a lot of in depth for the characters. I’d prefer this to be a group-role play; as well as asking that there will be little to no romance in this role play- remember, it’s going to be about character interaction and psychology within this one. I’ve been craving this one a lot, and I am hoping that this will get fairly popular before I make it. I am also asking that I will be the magician and another character, but do not fret, if this gets a lot of attention, then I will make sure that there is a slot for everyone who wants to join (and is qualified).

Once again, thank you for reading and I hope I get feedback. ^^
Last edited by YooHooYummyTummy on Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

YooHooYummyTummy
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: A Few Ideas I've Been Storming...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby confidence on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:09 pm

A Selkie's Promise sounds ... well, promising. I would love to try it out!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

confidence
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: A Few Ideas I've Been Storming...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby YooHooYummyTummy on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:46 pm

Awesome! :3 Would you like it to be a roleplay with a lot of people, or just a one on one roleplay? :P I can do both. :)

*Also, I think I will add another idea (I just had a really vivid dream last night and I just have to put in here~). :P So updaties~*

YooHooYummyTummy
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

I am still currently looking at the moment. :3

YooHooYummyTummy
Member for 9 years

Re: A Few Ideas I've Been Storming... *Updated with a new id

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Echo_Rose on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:40 pm

id be interested in either rewind or the end... but just so you know i only play females, uli have a really hard time getting into the mind of a male lol
"So, I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.”
"Standing on the fringes of life... offers a unique perspective. But there comes a time to see what it looks like from the dance floor.”-Perks of Being a Wallflower

Echo_Rose
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Awesome! :3 And like I said, I do accept females, but I tend to be a bit harder; though, as long as your character is well detailed and in formed, I will accept them. :D

YooHooYummyTummy
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby confidence on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:00 pm

It would be difficult to do with more people; it would become multiple 1x1's, I think :3

And I'm on the same boat with you about gender, so would you like trying out a double?

confidence
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Sure. ^^;
*is new to the term 'doubling'* That is where each person plays two characters, one of each gender and have two sets of romantic pairs... am I correct? ^_^;

YooHooYummyTummy
Member for 9 years

Still waiting. :3 if you'd like to contact me, then either PM me or comment on this thread. ^^ remember, I'm always open to any ideas you present if none of my ideas are suited for your likins. :D

YooHooYummyTummy
Member for 9 years

Howdy.

Been looking for a good place to find some RPs, of the 1x1 variety and found this place, specifically this post. Anywhoo, I found many of your ideas interesting and wished to discuss them in more detail over PM...but I actually can't figure out how to do such a thing so I thought I'd post here just to let my intentions and interest be known. Good luck with yer search, and hopefully, maybe, perhaps, we can get something rolling.

edit: Also a male, so bonus points for me?! I knew I had those things for some reason!

Jontheilleterate
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yolo on Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:18 pm

edit: Never mind I see you have gotten several replies while I was hashing out my thoughts. I hope your rp's go well and I will slip out the door and allow you all to have fun.

Drop me a pm if you need a male character somewhere in one of your tales. I read you like 1x1 best so I just thought I would put that out there.

Yolo
Member for 13 years

I've seen your response YooHoo, and I do apologize, but for the life of me I cannot find out how to send or reply to private messages, I'm unsure if I have it disabled or what, haha. Anyway you can contact me via jontheilleteratebaptist@gmail.com if you feel so inclined, and maybe you can help me figure out private message while we're at it.

Jontheilleterate
Member for 9 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!