Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! » Polytheism » The Game of Life » Just War » Science and Philosophy »

Players Wanted: Chat Plays 5E Stream Seeks Players, Little to No Commitment » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov »

Fickleberry Manor Farm

Fickelberry Manor Farm

a part of “Fickleberry Manor Farm”, a fictional universe by Squeekey.

Fickleberry has volunteered to join a programme to help 'troubled' children get their lives back on track. The countryside atmoshpere and sense of work and responsibility is said to help those who need a fresh start on life; come see if it works for you.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Fickleberry Manor Farm”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Fickelberry Manor Farm

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Squeekey on Sat May 31, 2014 1:42 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Fickelberry Manor Farm"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return.."
- Baz Luhrmann, The Moulin Rouge

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Squeekey
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Fickelberry Manor Farm

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Willowlae on Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:43 pm

ayyyyeeeee. So yeah. Hi (: I am willow. I AM A ROBOT> just kidding. but yeah. HIIIIIIIII :)
"Sometimes life is about risking everything for a dream no one else can see but you."- unknown

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Willowlae
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Squeekey on Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:57 am

SO, Jack, the little charmer, has been kind enough to provide me with a cool-looking medical sheet..thing that could possibly be used for the character here. You don't HAVE to use it, but it does look pretty cool and professional.

What do you think?
http://oi57.tinypic.com/2s9alnk.jpg

Squeekey
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JellynPB on Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:15 pm

Ooooh thats cool I like the sheet. Maybe I can try that out for fun. ^_^

JellynPB
Member for 7 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Squeekey on Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:32 pm

@Jaimeson3, ugh, I LOVE how you play Mr.Fickleberry. Only one post and you've impressed me :) I've changed the 'house rules' on the intro-page to the ones you listed because they're just so perfect xD

ON ANOTHER NOTE, boys, you may have noticed on the front page 'Bed 1', 'Bunk 1' and 'Bunk 2' on the boys room has not been filled, this is because I have no idea who the heck has claimed which bed, so please tell me here in OCC so I can fill that part out. Thank you :)

Squeekey
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaimeson3 on Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:56 pm

I am so glad you approve! When I read your description of him, I realized he is very similar to one of my other characters and wanted so bad to do him justice. I rather like the whole family, really. Perhaps as the game goes on, provided they also are not filled, I could tale up the mantel.

On a more on topic note, Nero calls top bunk. Either one doesn't matter, but he wants top.

Jaimeson3
Member for 7 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ScarletFever on Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:34 pm

Hi *waves*
I'm brand-brand-brand new on this site (joined last month but haven't been on recently because of school)
I might need some help with how everything works...if someone would mind showing me the ropes I would be extremely grateful.
Sorry for being new, I guess xD

ScarletFever
Member for 7 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Willowlae on Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:59 pm

Loving this :) Sorry that lainey is insane guys!!!! Mr. Fickleberry scares her xD I am super duper excited about this :)

Willowlae
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaimeson3 on Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:34 pm

@scarlet Welcome to the site!! It's been a couple of years since I had an account here myself, but you seem to be doing quite well. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Some have school, some have work, we all do what we can to the best of our abilities. And I've a feeling you'll do quite well on the site!

@willow Lainey hasn't seen scary yet. I pray no one sees scary Mr. Fickleberry. Although he can already see her attitude and it does not bode well...

I think the roleplay is totally great so far, even though we've only just started and are slowly gathering people in a common direction. It's decently paced too. Not too fast so I get home from work and have to sift through pages of posts, not too slow either though. And everyone thus far has proved to be totally awesome in length for posts. We've got an awesome group of people here!

Jaimeson3
Member for 7 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaimeson3 on Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:28 am

I didn't think it was evening already, seeing as some of the kids are only just arriving. I thought that it was maybe at latest mid-afternoon? The kids haven't eaten dinner or anything. Maybe that's just me.

Jaimeson3
Member for 7 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Squeekey on Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:48 am

@Jaimieson3, I'd say it was coming up around 4pm, getting toward a orange-y/yellowy sky yet not quite dark. I'd assume the kids would have a meal at 5pm, so after the speech from Mr.Fickleberry they'll have some free time before they're called to come eat :)

Also, I'm so glad you guys are liking the rp, I was worried it wouldn't kick off too well because it could be seens as "just another teen rp" but regardless, I thank you all ^^

I know we don't yet have all the characters, but would you guys be ok if I established a sort of post order, so we can keep things on track?

Squeekey
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaimeson3 on Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:09 am

Okay, gotchya.

Posting order sounds fine to me. I'll getting to posting for Mr. Fickleberry once out of work today. Have a good one all!

Jaimeson3
Member for 7 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Squeekey on Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:05 pm

Okay guys, I apologise if this sounds like I'm telling you off, but I feel like I need to clear it up.

I've noticed that some of you have been 'hopping' or 'controlling' other peoples characters. I understand a reaction to a characters action, but unless you have decided in OCC or over IM/PM, please don't make other peoples characters do things. I only say this because I believe that playing someone elses character without permission can agitate some people, and your perception of their character, may be different to what they tried to portray,

For example, if someone was writing about my character, Alisha, and put "Alisha suddenly hugged whoever" I wouldn't be particualirly happy, because that is something I hadn't decided on, and it's not something my character would do regardless.

If I'm still confusing you, imagine RP as a game of chess, you don't move other peoples pieces, no? So please remain respectful toward characters here, and if you MUST occasionally 'hop' make sure you ask the person in IMs if they'd be ok with it.

Bleh, I'm sorry, I hate telling you guys off, you're all so sweet, but I just wanted to make this known. Thank you for reading.

Squeekey
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Willowlae on Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:31 pm

Sorry, I'll try to be more careful from my end!!! Thank you for clearing that up :)

Willowlae
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaimeson3 on Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:33 pm

Question for Squeekey:

Where in England is the farm located? I gathering my list of jobs and depending on the location, it would have different functions and production. Also, if you wanted a job included in the list, I can add it.

Jaimeson3
Member for 7 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Willowlae on Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:44 pm

My uncle used to live in Wivenhoe in Essex. When I think of Fickleberry, my mind resonates to something similar. If that is of any use.

Willowlae
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Squeekey on Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:36 am

@Jaimeson3, tbh I hadn't really thought about a set place, I just thought of a farm atop of a large hill with a village below, that kind of thing. But perhaps Essex, as Willow mentioned.

Squeekey
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaimeson3 on Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:48 am

Okay, Essex it is then. Works out fairly well, actually. I haven't posted anything for Mr. Fickleberry because I don't want to jump the gun on anyone that has yet to post their bit in the game. I don't know if you are in communications with anyone, Squeekey, about posting, just wanted to make it clear. But, you give me the word and I will move the game right along to the next bit.

Jaimeson3
Member for 7 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Squeekey on Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:36 pm

I'm kind fo awaiting Miriam to come back, she hasn't posted in a while. But for now, if no-one disagrees, I'd like to set a semi-permanate post order.

Alisha
Lainey
Eric
Miriam
Collin
James
Rain
Clara
Nero
Mr.Fickleberry

For characters like Miriam, Collin, Clara and Rain who don't seem to post much, it is possible that we can skip over them and continue on to the next persons post. If they have stated in OCC that they will be away for a while, then we can contiue on without them until they return, but if they have not stated anything, wait atleast a couple of hours or maybe a day or two before skipping over.

I'd like to keep the RP flowing, as I've only just started it and I don't want it dieing out already. If you have a problem with the post order, feel free to message me about it, or state so in OCC, I just made it up at random.

Squeekey
Member for 7 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!