Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism »

Players Wanted: Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution »

Final Fantasy VIII: SeeD (OOC)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Final Fantasy VIII: SeeD (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:33 pm

I'm in a bit of a mixed mood about the new game. On the one hand, the URL tags finally started working, and I was even able to change the tag for the theme song into a Flash tag, linking directly to the YouTube video. (I made the height of the embedded player only as tall as the seek-bar, so it looks like a music player). I'm feeling pretty good about the look and feel of the RP now, and I'm growing more attached to the From the Ashes logo; after seeing it for a while, it doesn't seem too terrible. (Again, I would like some other opinions on it.)

On the other hand, I've had to turn away three applications and no more are forthcoming. Ken and I are starting to worry this whole venture was a waste of time. It's kind of depressing how little interest there seems to be.

The problem may simply be the overpopulation of this website, meaning we aren't getting enough hits because the people we want can't find our RP easily. I imagine the writers we want will not be actively searching for Final Fantasy VIII games; if you recall, many of you are here only through personal invitation from me.

And I am certainly not above doing the same again. If any of you happen to see some good writers who could possibly be interested given the proper information, let me know and I will promptly spam their accounts with invitations from Protofiend.

O heart, lament not, for this world is only metaphorical.
O soul, grieve not, for this abode is only transient.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

StandardFiend
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:22 am

I would invite someone, but no one I know posts regularly enough, if at all. Darn my lazy friends, and darn my faulty electronics.

My laptop's operating system got eaten by a nasty virus and it will be awhile before it's back in working order.
EDIT: I managed to fix the glitch on my phone, so my IMing capabilities have returned to normal. :D

I will be able to use my mom's compy tomorrow (as I am currently on my PS3), but I will be off until Sunday afternoon starting tomorrow afternoon. Ugh, I am so tired of this weirdness! TT-TT
Last edited by EikouNekoChan on Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
While the Darkness is powerful and versatile, only the LIGHT has the power to give peace. While the Darkness numbs the pain, only the LIGHT can completely heal that pain. And while the Darkness makes the bad in the world seem less, bad it is only lessened because it immerses you in that badness, making you tolerant. The LIGHT may make obvious the bad, but with that comes truth and sight.

I've not been online in awhile, but if you miss me and wanna contact me, message me on tumblr~
yuusha-no-kibou.tumblr

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

EikouNekoChan
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SuperVixen on Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:57 am

Have you posted an thread advertising the game in the "Roleplayers Wanted" section yet? Also, I invited a friend of mine that showed a great deal of interest a few months back when I told him about our game. I haven't talked to him since I messaged him about it, so I can't report in on that yet.

SuperVixen
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:22 pm

I hope your friend wasn't that Foxhound person... because I had to turn away that application as well.

StandardFiend
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Makokam on Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:53 pm

What's up with the Marina Silversteen and Win Gregs profiles? Are you requesting changes to them? What was wrong with these profiles you've said you've rejected(I haven't been keeping THAT close and eye on the submitted characters) And I have no suggestions for players. I only know one person who was a big fan of 8 and he'd probably hate this if he wasn't retired since in his RP he did away with drawing and junctioning magic entirely.
Anybody else I might recommend has been largely inactive in the RP circles for awhile now and were rather flakey when they were. (So why would I recommend them? Because they were good writers.)
"Good and Evil" is too complicated. I prefer, "Us and Them".

"Munchkin: One who, on being told that this is a game about politics and intrigue in 17th century Italy, asks to play a ninja."

Hero or Villain? Savior or Destroyer? Model Citizen or Public Enemy? Who do you Wannabe?

Makokam
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:13 am

It's just a glitch of some sort that you are seeing those particular two applications; I turned them down a few days ago. And like all the others I've turned down, they were rejected because their creators, I felt (and Ken too for the ones he saw), were inadequate for this RP.

I guarantee you I will turn away every single application we ever get if it means sustaining the quality of the RP. I don't know about Ken, but my standards are set pretty high--set by you folks.

Oh, and it is currently 12:23 AM, which means that later today I am leaving again, and will likely not be back on for the next four to five days, as I'll be on the road. There's a chance I'll be on tomorrow night and maybe Sunday night, depending on how things work out, but don't bank on it.

Wish me luck getting back across the border, eh?

StandardFiend
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:18 am

Six hours after the game ended in extra innings and one stop for gas and terrible food later, I'm back.

The friend she's referring to hasn't applied yet.

And still no answer to the question -- did anyone do a Roleplayers Wanted thread?

Jag
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:52 am

No. I suppose I can put one up, if it makes us feel better. Don't hold your breath for response, because my track record for interest checks and getting new players are... well they may as well be non-existent.

Xeynar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Makokam on Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:32 pm

the track record for NEW accepted players is abysmal. it's worth a shot.

Makokam
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:53 pm

Well I'm sorry that we actually have standards, smart guy. You want me to accept profiles that COMPLETELY ignore the established events of the first game? Do you? I didn't think so.

Don't tell us how to accept/reject profiles when you yourself admit to not really looking at them. It makes you sound stupid.

EDIT

Why the hell are we still posting here? This thread is over. We have a new OOC thread for a reason people. START POSTING THERE!

Xeynar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!