Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism »

Players Wanted: Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution »

Final Fantasy VIII: SeeD (OOC)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Final Fantasy VIII: SeeD (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Sun May 24, 2009 1:36 am

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but moogles (in weapon form) do not exist in Final Fantasy VIII. Black Mages (as stated above) use Rods. This FFVIII, not FFX. Lulu is the ONLY Final Fantasy character who uses stuffed animals as weapons (a concept I find rather gay).

About the character...

1. Definitely change the pic. I already stated in the rules that you are not to use cheap anime pics (nekos and such).

2. Being a "Mage" is really impossible in Final Fantasy VIII, since anyone can cast Black/White Magic if they draw the right spells from enemies, so I don't think Black and White Mages are a possibility (in terms of their Job Class Ability), unless you just want to wear robes and wield rods?

3. If by MiniMog you mean another GF then no. Only one GF per player to start with.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Xeynar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Sun May 24, 2009 2:20 am

Hah, I guess I'm a bad co-GM...

But in in-game terms, certain characters did have a naturally higher Magic ability than some others, so Mina could classify herself as a mage and wield spells with more skill and strength than the rest of us. I dunno, just a thought.

But, Mina, I do believe that Mozenrath is right about the fact that there would be very little setting your character apart from the rest of us.

And I think she meant to have the MiniMog or Moomba as a replacement for Shiva. We could allow either to act as a full-fledged GF, I'm sure. MiniMog restores the health of other GFs. And Moomba just goes nuts with some physical attacks. Moomba would probably fit in our world much better than MiniMog, and I would recommend it over MiniMog as a choice for that reason.

Edit: Since we're basing magic storage on the traditional 1-100 system, leets keep track of our spells on the character sheets. Or, alternatively, I can create a separate thread to which you, Mozenrath, can provide a link in the opening post of this topic; everyone can keep a magic list in that. Easy to access and update however frequently each player deems necessary. It would keep the numbers completely out of the IC, which I personally would prefer.

O heart, lament not, for this world is only metaphorical.
O soul, grieve not, for this abode is only transient.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

StandardFiend
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Sun May 24, 2009 9:47 am

Yeah that would be easiest... where would such a thread go? And what would we call it?

And yes, a "Mage" can simply be someone with a more magical talent then others. I had forgotten that part entirely. So if she wants to classify herself as a Mage to signify that she's more magically talented than others then that's fine. But I think she could do with just Mage because she'll be able to use both Magics so specifying Black or White Mage would be pointless, I think.

Xeynar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Sun May 24, 2009 1:30 pm

It would go into the OOC forum along with this one. I will call it "FFVIII: SeeD Magic Sheets."

And are you okay with Mina having Moomba instead of Shiva? After considering it some more I do not think MiniMog would translate well from the game world to ours, but Moomba would work fine as a full-fledged GF, and I'm perfectly willing to allow it.

StandardFiend
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jakelovesyuna on Sun May 24, 2009 2:26 pm

[removed]
Last edited by jakelovesyuna on Sun May 24, 2009 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I asked my friend what he thought of my drawing, at this is what he said:Jake your drawings make Rukia's look like masterpieces

jakelovesyuna
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mina Blackraven on Sun May 24, 2009 2:35 pm

Jake!! *hugs* Hi Jake! *waves*

Oks, now for the business..
I will change the pic.
i would like to stay a mage but i guess i will look for an additional class, or different class.
And I will just use Shiva. Its ok.

Now that I think thats all taken char of, I am off to make changes ^^
Image Image Image Image

Mina Blackraven
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Sun May 24, 2009 4:00 pm

StandardFiend - Works for me. And it sounds like Mina wants to just keep Shiva.

Mina - Let me know when the changes have been made.

Jake - Is that really your character? No offense but it's rather unimaginative. Runaways from abusive homes tend to be real Mary-Sueish in personality (in fact your personality seems copy/pasted from Squall himself). Plus, all I see in your description is a face. A rather poorly drawn anime face, to boot. Where's the clothes? Does he run around naked? And if he happens to look gothy then that really hurts his case in terms of being a Mary-Sue (the worst Sues are Emo-Goths that wear black and red, aka Ebony Ravenheart from "My Immortal"). Lastly, you're missing a GF.

Xeynar
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jakelovesyuna on Sun May 24, 2009 4:07 pm

Ok as for the history it was Standardfiends idea,and we talked at how we knew i would get some critical response.So this is me dropping out.sorry Mina, i think i will stick with my own FF RP.good luck trying to get more people...no one joins FF RPs anyway...

jakelovesyuna
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Sun May 24, 2009 4:11 pm

I hate people who can't take criticism without dropping out, anyway.

Xeynar
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jakelovesyuna on Sun May 24, 2009 4:15 pm

oh i can..i just dont think this RP has enough drive to get me to improve....PLus the only reason i joined was becuase Standeredfiend convinced me..i actually no ntohing on FFVIII i played it for an hour and found it annoying

jakelovesyuna
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Sun May 24, 2009 4:42 pm

Well it was a crappy character so I guess that just means you're a lazy player, especially since you blatently stated your desire to not improve. And I don't appreciate my roleplay being badmouthed. I already stated there wasn't supposed to be a grand story. It's just some mercs trying to earn their keep. I thought it would be a nice change of pace from the stereotypical epic tale of woe told by the actual games.

And if you played Final Fantasy VIII for more than just an hour and actually try to understand it you might be singing a different a tune right now. Don't talk about how you don't like a game when you never really played it to begin with. Play it from start to finish and THEN you have every right to insult it (which I don't like either way because VIII held sentimental value to me as the first FF I ever played, and is still my favorite to date).

Xeynar
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jakelovesyuna on Sun May 24, 2009 4:48 pm

there was to reasons i hated it...1)that mechanical sider drove me nuts 2)the sewers were impossible, it was the first FF i played,but i preffered FF VII, but my all time fave was FF X,X-2..but thn again i like the first FF

jakelovesyuna
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Sun May 24, 2009 5:01 pm

VII was a Mary Sue in the form of a video game. The characters were all Mary Sues in some form or another, some more than others. The Materia system was gay because it took away the cool abilities (Jump, Kick, Chakra, Focus, etc) and replaced it with cookie cutter magic spells (effectively killing the Mage classes as now anyone can use magic). It produced Cloud Strife (who will be forever be hated by me) and wrought upon the world the retarded belief that all FF protagonists should be Super Soldier Mary Sues with Spikey Blond Hair and a Big Sword (that probably compensated for a microscopic penis). Lastly, the game spawned the most overrated, Mary-Sueish POS villain in the history of Final Fantasy: Sephiroth. Sephiroth is the reason I'm afraid to make characters with katanas. Sephiroth is a total pushover who has nothing on REAL villains like Kefka, Ultemacia, ExDeath, Golbez, and others I could name off but won't for the sake of keeping this brief.

I'll bet you preferred VII because that's what everyone else liked. I will take X over VII (if only because it keeps me from having to play as Cloud) because the Ronso race is major ownage. My favorite characters have been Dragoons (Kain Highwind, Freya Crescent, Kimahri Ronso). My other favorite characters have been Monks (Sabin Rene Figaro, Zell Dincht) and one Samurai (Cyan).

Xeynar
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jakelovesyuna on Sun May 24, 2009 5:05 pm

Hmmm..i only played it for a while..wait Cloud? no wait i may of played 9 cant remember its been years,and all of these roman numeralls confuse me 0.0

jakelovesyuna
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Sun May 24, 2009 5:09 pm

I - 1
II - 2
III - 3
IV - 4
V - 5
VI - 6
VII - 7
VIII - 8
IX - 9
X - 10
XI - 11
XII - 12
XIII - 13

Xeynar
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jakelovesyuna on Sun May 24, 2009 5:10 pm

it was 9! Zidane and Beatrix...got all of the way to disc 4...and it froze! 0.0

jakelovesyuna
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Sun May 24, 2009 6:27 pm

IX was ok. Had some interesting characters in it.

Xeynar
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Sun May 24, 2009 8:21 pm

Well, it's too bad jakelovesyuna won't be joining us... I didn't realize it was my solely my own convincing that brought them here. It seemed to me like they showed genuine interest. And regarding the bio, I apologize for the way that turned out, Mozenrath. I had merely suggested it as a possible starting point to get jake's creative juices flowing; I didn't expect jake to take it word for word and create a Mary-Sue...

Well, screw that then. I'm not advertising anymore. It'll just be you, me, and Mina for now. Hopefully someone else down the line will check it out. But three is all we need for a starting point, right?

So, for Mina's character, that's perfectly acceptable now, right? The picture is updated and fits in well with the rest of our characters. So, shall we get the IC started? I'll go and make the magic thread promptly.

Here is the link to it:

FFVIII: SeeD Magic sheets [OOC]

StandardFiend
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Sun May 24, 2009 8:59 pm

Mina - Much better. She actually looks like a SeeD now (To be perfectly honest Zeke doesn't really look very SeeD-ish but it's hard to find good Samurai-ish pictures without coming across famous animes like Kenshin and Kyo)!

StandardFiend - Okie dokie, I assume since we haven't been in any major battles that we'll just start off with no spells for simplicity's sake?

Xeynar
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Sun May 24, 2009 10:30 pm

Yep, sounds good. I'm currently working on a rough sketch of a map of Trabia (because I was bored), so I'll try to scan that in tonight or tomorrow morning.

StandardFiend
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!