Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Final Fantasy VIII

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Final Fantasy VIII

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GiggledustJedi on Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:15 pm

Just wondering if anyone else would like to RP this game, I have an idea that would take place post-game, but I'm willing to hear any ideas you have too. Yes, it does involve Rinoa becoming evil if you wanted to know. It would be a 1x1, I don't really do group roleplays, and I'm willing to write as whichever canon character you want as a love interest.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

GiggledustJedi
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Final Fantasy VIII

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Valerine on Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:36 am

I would be game, mind telling me more in depth what you expect of me and what you have in mind?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Valerine
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GiggledustJedi on Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:51 pm

Glad you asked, I was afraid this wouldn't get any attention! :D Anyway, one of the things that bothered me was how basically everything you did in the game was for nothing. Ultimecia wasn't really defeated, they were in a time loop, and the fact that don't really touch on this made it seem to me that they were okay with it. By doing that, they've doomed the future SeeD students to die by Ultimecia's hand in the future, and they never say if the future gets any better after she goes back to the past either. So, my idea revolves around how a group is making trouble and denouncing Squall and company as dooming the world. Thing is, they're also advocating for equal rights and other laws to protect sorceresses from discrimination, but this wouldn't be obvious at first. That's basically all I have, and I do have an idea for an OC who's studying the effects of GFs on the human mind, but anyway what do you think of it so far?

GiggledustJedi
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Valerine on Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:46 pm

How would they learn of these things? I'm game, but we will need a solid base to jump off :).
As for Rinoa getting 'evil' could we also delve upon the link of a Sorceress and her Knight, and how their own problems would affect the other?

Valerine
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GiggledustJedi on Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:23 pm

That's what I'm stuck on, though I am toying with the idea that maybe one of the founding members came across some private papers that Squall kept that detailed the events, maybe? Except that seems rather contrived. :/

Yeah, I kept thinking as to why the group would be okay with letting the future SeeD students be killed in the future and letting the world be plunged into an apocalyptic wasteland like that when they know that they're in a time loop. It seemed really out of character, especially for Squall, so I wondered if Rinoa's sorceress powers had something to do with it. Like, maybe she's subconsciously manipulating their minds so they won't think about the time loop and believe everything is okay. To me, it seems in character for her to not want to give up her "happy ending" with Squall and let the time loop keep repeating itself. Since I figure if they did decide to try and end the loop somehow then SeeD would cease to exist and the group, including Seifer, would've had a normal childhood with the Kramers, and Rinoa wouldn't be a sorceress.

Does that make sense?

Yeah, we can explore that, that's another thing I found interesting.

GiggledustJedi
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!