Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! »

Players Wanted: 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP »

Zenith Rising

[Q & A] Fire Away!

a part of “Zenith Rising”, a fictional universe by Exodyus.

The world is not what it seems. It never has been. For eons alien entities have lived among us, preying on the weak, feeding off of our human emotions, driving themselves to be stronger, while expanding the host's own consciousness. The Obsequious Zenith.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Zenith Rising”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[Q & A] Fire Away!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Exodyus on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:18 pm

To: Exodyus

Hello. I would like to reserve a spot in your RP, but before I make a character would you mind explaining the plot a bit more to me? I understand the history, it's the present that has me a bit muddled.

I also have some questions for you if you don't mind my pestering:
What kind of characters are you looking for? When under the shards' influence does the victim keep their persona, do they become slightly warped, or do they become mindless beings? What sort of symbiotic relationship occurs when the shard implants on a person? Are they granted certain abilites? Does anything change physically? Can you explain the Guild a bit more? In the skelly, how are you ranking threat levels?

Hope I'm not bothering you too much, just like as much detail as I can before joining anything. Thanks for your time.

In truth, it's a port from a site to this one, to run an alternate universe or alternate plot the one currently in play with others. I wanted to see really how the boards were created on this site, and how all of the RPs worked, but there's so many people to so few actually good stories and writers alike.

For the sake of not explaining everything, let's say that the simple present plot is character development and calling. The shard is more like a symbiote that is parasitic in nature, inside of you and controlling your every action -- should it so choose (you so choose).

It can warp your mind if you allow it. It can break an already broken mind. It can strength and bolster something that is already confident, making you feel invincible. Imagine it's a super-drug of the mind, based around something that's living inside you -- to give you the potential to grow stronger with each use.

There's a lot more shown and explained on our site, but the gist of it is growth and development. There's an evil on the horizon, but what is it? Is it you? Me? Something else? Subjecting yourself might be the only way to defeat it -- or the only way to give in. How will we know? ;)

-----

What kind of characters are you looking for?
-- Any you'd like to make. Preferably human, or humanoid.

When under the shards' influence does the victim keep their persona, do they become slightly warped, or do they become mindless beings? What sort of symbiotic relationship occurs when the shard implants on a person?
-- As I said before, persona is whatever you decide to develop. I never tell anyone how to play who they are or what they want to play. The relationship you build can be horrible for the host or good, all depending on how you write it.

Are they granted certain abilites?
-- The ability of Psionics.

Does anything change physically?
-- No.

Can you explain the Guild a bit more?
-- Preferably not, lol. The Guild is simply another name for God, the gods, a higher power, The Raven's Brand, etc...

In the skelly, how are you ranking threat levels?
-- I don't think I'm going to port the Stats over to this RP, so we'll play it slow.

Frankly, I didn't think anyone would find interest in this or PM me. I just wanted to test the boards out and do a little writing, lol. The concept is original and about 8 years old now, the Zenith, that is.

- Jeff
Like Mayhem, Destruction, and Awesome Writing? | http://exodyus.org

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Exodyus
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [Q & A] Fire Away!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Exodyus on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:23 pm

A Deeper Read into "The Guild"

A question was asked early on, to which I will respond now with a bit of insight into what is meant by 'The Guild'.
Take note that this is all Exodian Lore.

Humanity has always believed in a higher power. From the Norse gods, the Epic of Gilgamesh, the God of Abraham, Buddha, even Ghandi -- while a man, was elevated to a godlike status, or a pedestal above the rest because of his actions and beliefs. So what is it that makes one a god among men? An idol? Something to be worshiped and/or feared?

Before they were known as the Guild, they were the Raven's Brand. A family of immortals, bound by Neutrality between Heaven and Hell. A massive split in the family left some to wander the worlds as Watchers and Ancients, while the other's renamed the Ina Tiamatu © Terra Whiteman, took to the Celestial Courts to act as a figurehead between Heaven and Hell. The perfection of the Triad, immortal.

The Raven's Brand were those who cast blessings when truly needed out of sacrifice and honesty, modesty and undeserving. Never to the hubris, never to the demanding. Those souls whom they saw fit might have been fitted with a Raven's Wing, a special blessing or mark of their kind, while others made immortal themselves to replenish the ranks of the tribe.

They are the creators of Exodyus. They called the place their own home. They brought those who had been saved here. The Raven's Wing offered refuge to those who had the mark. It was a beautiful place of immaculate blessings. A pristine world. Created by thoughts and actions. Desires would be found anew, created from the very bosom of Exodyus herself. Corruption came with power however, and some things brought to Exodyus should have never been -- scarring the world to never be the same again.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Exodyus
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grahf on Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:40 pm

Though I am close to seeing the linkage of Eden and Valcure as an insult- Val sucks, sucks bad, I am thinking of joining this. I will need to make a new persona however, as by now my oldies are just too powerful. The reasoning for posting this in the Q&A section is that I DO have a few questions, I'll get to them in a moment.

It's always fun to find other people as old as me, we are an elusive breed. All I see anymore is kids that pretend...or old warlords that want to stir up the drama. Neither of which do I want to play with. I am sure you understand my logic...who wants drama, right?

Now, onto the questions:

1. I see the basis for the Shard's abilities is rooted in Psionics. But I see only one pathway being explored. Is it possible to diverge from the standard brute-force path? When I run a Psion I tend to go the more cruel precision path.

2. In the event of combat between players what format of T1 do you prefer?

3. Would it be possible to play as something that hunts those that are sybiotically changed?

4. I have played the same guy since back BEFORE Ayenee...by your clock he would be several thousand years old, in that time Descorp(his company) has expanded and grown- spreading to several new universes (Val being the newest) and gaining more power. My question is would I be able to bring elements from that company into this, seeing as Descorp HAS been a prescence in all of the universes you listed, except two or so I believe.

Thank you for your time.

Grahf
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Greeter Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Exodyus on Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:02 pm

Noxize wrote:Though I am close to seeing the linkage of Eden and Valcure as an insult- Val sucks, sucks bad.

Now, onto the questions:

1. I see the basis for the Shard's abilities is rooted in Psionics. But I see only one pathway being explored. Is it possible to diverge from the standard brute-force path? When I run a Psion I tend to go the more cruel precision path.

2. In the event of combat between players what format of T1 do you prefer?

3. Would it be possible to play as something that hunts those that are sybiotically changed?

4. I have played the same guy since back BEFORE Ayenee...by your clock he would be several thousand years old, in that time Descorp(his company) has expanded and grown- spreading to several new universes (Val being the newest) and gaining more power. My question is would I be able to bring elements from that company into this, seeing as Descorp HAS been a prescence in all of the universes you listed, except two or so I believe.

Thank you for your time.

Lmao @ the post starter. I concur wholeheartedly, however it's merely added there to be apart of the lore. Each of these worlds has been dead and gone, but regardless they are all one in the same. A sort-of Pangaea concept, except on a timeline or linear scaling.

Answers:

1.] I must have misinterpreted somewhere along the way. The "Zenith" are parasites. Think Venom or Carnage from Spider-man. Obsequious literally translates into Parasite and Zenith is Perfection. ;) Math, done.
I need you to delve a little deeper into your question, because it doesn't make sense in the context in which it's written. Psionics are the main staple of a Zenith, yes. What brute-force path are you talking about? Are you talking about wide-array attacks versus pinpoint accuracy? If so, that's completely at your discretion. That's a character building questions and totally based on preference, at that...

2.] Simple, standard, Ayenee-T1. Preferably story, so that way it makes sense IN the story. And just as an extended understanding -- we're not killing character's off until the end of the story line. You may brutally humiliate someone in combat to show superiority because that's just the Zenith way, but Zenith aren't permitted to kill other Zenith off. It's like a racial fail-safe trait, due to how few they're are and they're all connected.

Otherwise, talk to me and we'll work something out if you have ideas.

3.] Ha. It is possible, seeing as it's already been thought of and created. I'll need to speak with Alex about that, if you wish to attempt that role, because he's assumed that position already with the character Vysery, or however the hell it's spelled.

4.] Abso-fuckin'-LOOTly. I ENCOURAGE people to bring lore from other places into Exodyus, because that's what it was originally created for. We're (most likely) in the process of moving our roleplay to RP-G, because of player inconsistencies and because this provides just as good accomodations as our board, minus a few cool features I coded in, but cest la vie...

Exodyus
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grahf on Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:17 pm

Sounds good to me. I will post up a bio shortly then.

Grahf
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Greeter Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grahf on Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:30 pm

Oh, one last question. What tech level are you allowing? Descorp by nature is a high-tech weapons based company.

Grahf
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Exodyus on Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:47 pm

Think about the encompassing worlds that Exodyus has within it. We have a city, New Exodia, that's ultra-tech based. You're good.

Exodyus
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NotSoHeartless on Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:04 am

Wow, way to make me feel noobish guys, lol. Guess I'll have to find a way to keep up with all you 'old timers'.

NotSoHeartless
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Exodyus on Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:45 pm

NOTICE: KNOW THIS...

We're adults. Respect. Friendship. Fuckin' chillz.
You cannot control my character as much as I cannot control yours.
Simple Autos that are not combat related are totally cool with me.
If you alter the story in your favor, or I do the same -- ROLL with it.

It makes things interesting for an ever-changing world concept, for one.
And for another thing, there's an end-goal set in mind already.
So no matter what you do, it wont really affect the end outcome of what's to come! Bwuhahah!

The only thing that will affect the very end outcome is what your character grew to be.
Good. Bad. Neutral. Those are really the only three options, and regardless -- if you're a Zenith in this plot, shit's going to get real. Lols.

And for those who don't know T1 well, we're not out to kill you and we will help you.
Keep the story alive and play to your heart's desire and we'll all get along.

Exodyus
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Exodyus on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:56 pm

Noxize wrote:I did, I did. Pfft.

Oh, would it be possible to get a location up for Descorp for me? So I have a place to begin.

It could be somewhere to the south of Zompoc, I'll get a pic if you need one. Being in the ocean is fine...it's a ship that acts as an artificial island.

I NEED:

Name of the forum:
Short description:
Synopsis:
100x100 img

Exodyus
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grahf on Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:52 pm

Name of the forum: Descorp
Short description: Descorp Hq- Rhynn's Hammer Mobile Island
Synopsis: Mobile island fortress, point defences and patroling guards.
http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj5 ... mbnail.jpg best I could do with the 100/100

[IM G]http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj595/oblixa/170095-bigthumbnail.jpg[/IM G] here is the IMG code.

Grahf
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Exodyus on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:40 pm

zenith questions
Sent: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:24 am
by NotSoHeartless

What are the realationships between the symbiotes themselves? Are they all after one certain goal or are there other priorities some may have? Do they know eachother?

Yes, they will know each other.

No, they are not always after the same goal.

The story goes, Vicer was the root of all human evil. Bound into crystallyss, it transformed into a crystal dragon of epic proportions and decided to rage-fuck everything in sight. A massive war ensued and eventually the dragon crash-landed and shattered.

The crystals broke apart and out seeped this symbiotic hatred. This ooze-like substance that required a host, which began taking young people with potentials for extreme emotions and using that to turn them into reckless psionicists. (Someone who uses psion (mastery of the mind))

So all of the zenith's spawned from a singularity -- a perfect origin, Vicer.

Now it's just -- who can be the strongest. What will they do with that? Will the zenith control the host, or the host control the zenith?

Exodyus
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!