Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

FireFox or IE?

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

FireFox or IE?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby roleplay on Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:58 pm

Which do you use and why?

100% Firefox for me.
It just has all the features I need. they keep coming out with new things it can do.

Opera- faster than Firefox but a lot less features.
I'm a member of Roleplay Adventures.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

roleplay
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Re: FireFox or IE?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:02 pm

Actually, Firefox 3 is faster than Opera - they've significantly improved memory handling. Take a look at my Starter's Guide To Forum Roleplay, and you'll see that I'm a huge supporter of Firefox.
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kouketsu on Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:15 pm

I'm a firm supporter of FOSS until I die, so of course my vote goes to Firefox.

Kouketsu
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sunshine_on_leith on Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:15 pm

*cough-cough*

SAFARI!

I like Safari, except it doesn't let me neuter my non-breeding dogs on Dog Realm.

*sigh*

I have to use Firefox for that, but they do say it works better on Firefox.
'Call me a Philistine but I can't see the justification in the 'Petrification As Art' business.'

'Art justifies everything.'

'Uh, no, it doesn't, one-nil to me. Next?'

Doctor Who, The Stone Rose

sunshine_on_leith
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonspirit22 on Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:19 pm

Firefox for me as well. But something happened with Firefox, I was unable to log in anywhere, so I'm currently using IE.

Moonspirit22
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:29 pm

Firefox!
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Taedis on Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:03 pm

I am actually using opera. I tried firefox, but annoying crashes and it constantly deselecting text fields when i was typing in them caused me to switch.

That's my 2 cents

Taedis
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tarmo of the Dusk on Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:49 pm

heh...

Heh...

HEH...

Firefox.

10600 words, 50k characters, come on in to Narazor... A world of it's own.

Tarmo of the Dusk
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby missa_wiccan_chick on Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:40 pm

Fire fox here too!!
" I am the computer ninja!!! I can find anything on the net... five minutes flat!!"
"Life is nothing but a big roller coaster.....make sure you fasten your seat belt."

missa_wiccan_chick
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Melancholic on Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:59 pm

Firefox, of course!

It's got less popups and is less risky.

Melancholic
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:06 pm

I take the role of minority here.
Explorer!
No Firefox Infection here!

Ottoman
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fractal Resonance on Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:18 pm

Firefox is pretty good for most of my general browsing needs. I usually use Internet Explorer to do technical stuff, though, like test my connection, etc. Firefox is just very bad at handling dynamic IPs and wireless networks, I find, so it's a pain to restart my wireless software just because Firefox is being retarded. Plus I like the Firefox version of tabbing much more than the Internet Explorer version.

Oh, and I hear the Opera is probably the most secure, but I'm not really concerned with security, and apparently (as previously noted) Firefox has better features.

Seriously, I've never had a security breach due to my browser, though. Ever.

First post I could make in like forever and it's about browsers. Amazing.

Fractal Resonance
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kiyasama on Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:58 pm

fire foxie here!
ImageImage

Kiyasama
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:04 pm

Internet Explorer has a smoother interface and is generally more friendly. Firefox has some extra features that I neverever use, and a spellcheck that just irritates me because I'm usually writing fantasy with fantasy words ("Rakhmeti" is a word in this context, dammit!) Firefox is faster, however, and less prone to virusi.

Mmm....I dunno. Right now I'm using I.E., but that's just what happens to be on the P.C. I'm using (I don't own this machine.)

I've never heard of Opera.

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlazingBunny on Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:01 pm

Firefox please!!! I've had to use IE at work and its only made me love firefox more :D

BlazingBunny
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kædai on Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:37 am

Personally, I like both.

Firefox is good, but it keeps being REALLY slow. Maybe that's just the site, I don't know.

Internet Explorer is good because it's fast and reliable, but as stated before, it doesn't have as many features.

Currently, though, I'm using Firefox. So...yeah.

Kædai
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:45 am

Firefox. Hands down.
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fluffy on Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:49 pm

Meh, Internet Explorer. *shrug* It's what I've used for years, and I don't particularly care which web browser I use. It's always been there, it's does what I want it to, and I've learned the particular ins and outs of most versions.

The only other browser I've ever used is MSN Explorer. Only useful if you had internet provided by MSN, otherwise it's utterly useless XD
>.> I am a Transfan and an artist. Be warned. <.<

View my gallery here!

Fluffy
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikhos on Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:02 am

IE being user friendly?
What, with it unable to handle like, 87% of all layouts and letting every single pop up through?
IE is fast because it ditches things. And reliable? My arse it's reliable.

Mikhos
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DGwar on Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:40 am

Firefox, have since it came out, not going to change unless it goes downhill. Firefox is a very friendly browser, at least in my personal opinion. It has a spellchecker, really good addons, and (until the release of 3.0) really good skins. Firefox 3.0 is really nice. The only thing I dislike about it is the skin I used for the previous version has not yet been updated. Anyway, back to why Firefox is the superior browser: It just is. End of story. I sound very mean to say it like that, but IE is so anti-compatible and non-friendly that a lot of sites don't work right on them. IE even has problem loading some Microsoft websites, AND IT IS MADE BY THEM!! That is just plain ridiculous if you ask me. Well, you got my opinion. Take it how you may.
-Characters-
------------------------------
Now Recruiting Staff!

DGwar
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!