Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

La Firenze

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:15 am

The light of the late morning fell across her eyes causing a mild version of the same searing pain she had felt the night before. She could hear someone stirring in the room beside her bed. She opened her eyes and shut them again protecting herself from the light. Summoning all of her strength she raised her left arm about two inches off of the bed before her strength gave out.

"Gabriel, my dearest"

She whispered to whoever was n the room.

"you have returned so soon?"

Her voice sounded normal again to her and most of the worst of the pain was gone. She tried to inhale deeply and open her eyes to sit up, but that one deep breath hurt so bad she winced, her face contorting. As she skin pulled on the stitches on her head she hissed at the pain.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Svetlana_Popova on Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:19 am

Svetlana sits up in her chair as Sera wakes up. With her heavy Russian accent she replies.

"I'm sorry, but I am not your fiance unless you have decided to bat for the other side."

She laughs quietly.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Svetlana_Popova
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:32 am

Seraphina's eyes pop open. Devasted she turns her head towards Svet despite the nausea and pain. Slowly her mind begins to work. Images of the attack by Dante flash through her mind and with each blow he laid on her her body twitches in response.

Her voice still frail but the inner strength that drug her to her bedroom bean to emerge

"Svet, where am I? How am I? What day oi the week is it? When do we leave for L-1?"

The interrogation spent her and she begins to breathe shallowly again and wincing with each breath. Slowly she pushes herself up to a sitting position, and looks around. The once simple act left her panting and her head spinning. There is still a bright halo around everything and her head throbs but her eyes start to clear.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Svetlana_Popova on Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:14 pm

Svet sits there a moment and contemplates screwing with Sera's mind, but decides that now isn't the time. She stands up and walks over to the bed.

"It is about 6am, the morning after the attack. You are at some hospital close to your apartment."

She shrugs.

"We have a meeting with some mercs at 1 this afternoon, and our flight is scheduled to leave tonight. The nurses will be going through change of shift here in about an hour. At that point in time, I plan on getting you out of here. As to your condition. You have a concussion, three broken ribs, a broken nose, and 21 stitches across your forehead."

She grabs a bag from next to her chair and begins to pull out clothing.

"I took the liberty of picking you up some clothes. I also called a maid service to clean up your apartment. It should be clean by the time we swing by there this afternoon to grab your stuff. I also have a locksmith coming to your place to change the locks. He should be done by the time we get there as well. He is under orders to leave the key in your mailbox if we aren't back by the time he is done."

She looks at Sera as she talks, her face is one of neutrality, and then her eyes turn cold and she clenches her jaw. She says with the coldness of anger.

"Don't worry about Dante, he will be taken care of."

Her face relaxes back into neutrality.

"Now, let's get you into these clothes."

Svetlana_Popova
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:11 pm

Overwhelmed but the information Svet had downloaded onto her she sat there. Her emotions were in turmoil, fear, relief, vengeance, duty and love created a maelstrom in her soul. She yearned for one thing and that was to curl up in Gabriel's arms and weep. She stared at the wall in front of her and thought nothing. Slowly the fog began to lift and she turned to Svetlana her eyes were clear but Svet could easily read the turmoil behind them.

"Alright, let's get going."

Her voice was flat all emotion gone from it more do to trauma then control. She reached her hands out for Svet incapable of pushing herself up on her own because of the broken ribs. Svet took her hand and placed one of hers on her back, and help her to a sitting position on the bed. Seraphina lifted a hand giving Svet a sign to stop as she gasped for air.

"Svetlana, you are a genius."

She couldn't help but wonder where she came up with these ideas, but she obviously had a very similar sense of duty as Seraphina.

From the sitting position Svetlana got the hospital gown off of her and helped her put on a button down flannel shirt. Every movement of her body elicited pain

"These aren't my clothes."

She whispered to Svet incapable of drawing breath deep enough to speak any louder.

Svet smiled wryly

"Of course not."

They stared at each other for a long time as Seraphina fought the pain and fought to gain control over herself. Svet lana pulled a pair of sweat pants from the bag, and slid them over Sera's legs, to her knees.

"Put your hands on my shoulders, Seraphina, and I will help you up."

Svetlana squated down a bit and Seraphina did as she was instructed. Slowly Svetlana Stood up. Sera's Face contorted in pain and she winced nearly doubling over. She fought back a scream. Tears began to pool in her brown eyes as they clouded over with pain. Slowly Svet eased the sweat pants up her legs and over her hips. Once the pants were in place Svet let Seraphina sit back down, again she was struggling to breathe.

Svet pulled a wig out of the bag and went to place it on Seraphina's head
d.

"Not yet, Svetlana, please bring me a mirror."

Svetlana stopped what she was doing and looked at Seraphina

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Svetlana_Popova on Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:00 pm

Svetlana grabs the nearest mirror she could find and hands it to Seraphina.

"It's really not all that bad."

Svetlana_Popova
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:38 pm

Seraphina's hand is shaking as she takes the mirror from Svetlana. Slowly she moves it towards herself so that she can see. She stared into the glass and was confronted with a gash across her forehead, two black eyes, and a nose covered in cotton and bandages. Her lip was split as well. She gasped and began to weep. She nearly dropped the mirror as the shaking in her hand became almost uncontrollable. The pain in her ribs was the only thing that kept her from breaking out in to sobs. She was horrified.

She handed the mirror back to Svetlana, and barely above a whisper said.

"Go a head."

As svetlana pulled her up and placed the wig on her head tears streamed down her face. All she could think of was Gabriel. I wish He was here? I wish he had been there? I hope he still loves me? I hope he never sees me like this I hope he can love me after this? Will Dante go after him next? Where is he? Is he dead or alive? I love him,m have I endangered him? I can't believe this is happening to me!

Svetlana stepped back and arranged the bangs to hide the gash across her head. Svet looked up at the clock it was 6:45.

"Seraphina, we have to get ready and go, NOW"

Svet helped Seraphina stand up and wrapped an arm around her for support and protection, as she walked her to the door. Sera stopped at the threshold and leaned against the door jam so that Svet could look around and make sure it was all Clear.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Svetlana_Popova on Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:00 pm

Svet leans against the wall and peers around the corner checking to see if any of the nurses are coming down the hall. Seeing no one, she picks up Sera and carries her down the hall to a stairwell. She kick opens the door, and trots down the stairs until they reach the parking garage level. She kicks open that door as well, and waiting by the door is a cab. She puts Seraphina in the car and tells the driver to take them to a little cafe not far from the Medici Tomb. With a small smile, she winks at Seraphina and turns to watch the scenery go by.

Svetlana_Popova
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:56 am

Aware only of the movement and the banging of the doors Seraphina just lets Svet take care of her. Once in the cab she turned slowly to Svetlana. Her pupils dilated with pain to the point Svetlana could barely see the Iris.

"Get this shit off of my nose, please."

Svetlana stared at her with a sly smile, and told her to wait until they weren't moving.

Seraphina rested her head against the back seat wincing noticeably despite her attempts to be stoic about the pain. I must be crazy, she thought to herself. I am am all fucked up and am going to leave the planet, meet with a General, and pine away for Gabriel.

The Cab came to halt and Svetlana opened the door and climbed out. She reached in to pick up Sera, but she waved her off and slowly maneuvered her way out of the car. When she stood up to her full height her knees began to give and Svet caught her. Seraphina Steadied herself holding onto Svetlana for dear life. Slowly she stood up putting one hand to her head. Slowly as she began to walk under her own power. With each step her head pounded, and the world felt as though it were spinning, the jarring motion of her putting her feet on the ground made her ribs hurt but she kept moving towards the door, with Svetlana right by her side. By the time they had taken the 10 steps to the door Seraphina was winded and leaned on the door frame to hold herself up. Svetlana opened the door and Sera straightened up She continued into the cafe with now assistance from Svetlana. She turned to the left and took the open table not more than 3 meters from the door. The clerk turned to look at her as she walked in her eyes were wide with shock and concern. She immediately came out from behind the counter to help Seraphina, but she waved the clerk off and pulled out her own chair and sat down. Once seated she she rested her elbows On the he table and placed her head in the palms of her hands. The pounding in her head was intolerable, and the world was spinning more violently than at any of the Parties she attended her senior year in college. When she looked up Svetlana was already seated, and the clerk was staring, as she she began the Spanish press.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:18 pm

A tall slim, wiry man entered the cafe, he was almost bald and what hair he had was cut short, his face was starting to show lines of age at a guess about 40 years old. He was dressed in black and wore a three quarter length leather coat over his shirt and trousers, the cut of the coat suggested it was tailored rather than off the peg. He glanced about the cafe and went to sit in the far right hand side of the room waiting for the waitress to approach him.

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:41 pm

When she eventually approached his table he ordered an esspresso. When he spoke his accent was soft and had a slight sing-song quality to it.

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Svetlana_Popova on Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:01 pm

Svetlana stood next to Seraphina, and leaned over to look at the bandages on her face.

"Are you sure you want me to take these off?'

Sera nods slightly and with a frown, Svetlana rips off the bandages. Seraphina glares at her as the pain from the bandages being removed made her wince.

Done with the removal, Svetlana sits down and waves the waitress over and orders tea for them both. The waitress leaves and Svet leans across the table to talk with Sera.

"We have 5 hours still before the meeting with the Mercs. I have some last minute errands run before that meeting. After we are done here, I am going to drop you off at my hotel, go and grab your stuff for you and finish what I need to do. Then I'll pick you up in time for the meeting. I suggest that you sleep and take one of these before you do."

She hands over a bottle of pain killers.

"Now don't give me that look. You need to take them, and I will make you take them until we get to the colonies."

She sits back in her chair with a hard look on her face. The waitress arrives with their tea, and Svetlana sips her quietly.

Svetlana_Popova
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:20 am

Seraphina's face now stung and ached after Svetlana ripped the bandages off. But as the pain died away she began to feel a little more like herself. She gripped the pain pills in her hand as waves of pain wracked her body. She was only going to take them if she had too. Slowly she moved towards the cup and tea. The porcelain felt foreign in her hands. She hold onto it until certain that she had a grip before raising the glass to her lips. She swallowed it and her stomach churned. She set the cup down and stared at Svetlana. The pain clouding her eyes was all the assent that Svetlana needed to her plan.

Her voice barely above a whisper

"Alright, but if you are going to grab clothes grab my black suit with the red pinstripes and black Armani flats. There is a tie that matches it exactly in the closet as well. If i am going to go do this I am going to look like an Ambassador even if my face says otherwise."

With that she took another drink of her tea.

As she lifted her eyes off of the table she saw a man sitting in the Cafe. She looked him over once and looked back as Svetlana

"What a day to be seen by people in general. I don't even have my hair done."

She cracked a wan but genuinely amused smile

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:42 am

Grimbold was sipping at his coffee when he noticed one of the women glance over in his direction, for a moment he was taken aback by her appearance. She looked as if she had recieved a severe beating, she should be in hospital not sat in some cafe. Grimbold's thoughts wandered to the woman and he looked at her again, she was beautifull under the bruising, she had a grace that came through even her obvious pain, a smile lifted the corners of her mouth.
"She is a strong woman," He thought "It's a hell of a world."
He continued drinking his coffee watching the couple a little more closely.

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zeke on Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:02 am

Everything looks so different now...
Ezekiel thought as he made his way through the streets of Florence. He brushed a gloved hand through his firey red hair, which most people stared at. Not to mention his manner of dress. On such a warm Tuscan day he kept to himself in the only clothes he owned, a black trench coat, black shirt below, black pants and knee high black boots. He pulled the trench coat closed further as he made an attempt to figure out where he was.
He raised a hand to his eyes, it was unbelievably bright out, he never thought it was so bright before. Four years indoors will do that to you though. He grunted to himself as he walked past a café where Seraphina Alighieri and Svetlana Popova sat. Their eyes found him as he wandered by. He caught their's too and made his way into the café. He made his way to the patio where they were sitting and pulled up a chair to their table. He drops into the seat and pulls out a cigarette. His eye still focused on them. He slids the cigarette between his lips and his eyes glint as he looks at Seraphina. The sides of his mouth curves up into a smirk.

"Got a light?"

Zeke
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:29 am

Grimbold watched as a red headed man entered the cafe and pulled a chair up to the table the two women were seated at. There was something odd about the man, his vivid red hair caught the attention and he seemed to be wrapped up with too many clothes. He produced a cigarette and with what looked to Grimbold like an unpleasant smirk asked for a light.
The mercenary decided to watch this red haired stranger more closely.

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:11 pm

The glinting the man's eye unnerved Seraphina, but she did nothing to make it known, everything that she flt she could use the pain to hide behind. She and Svetlana eyed the man a bit suspiciously but did nothing to end the meeting....yet. Instinctively Sera reached for her left pocket to pull out Gabriel's lighter, She panicked when she realized that she did have it. Svetlana, somehow aware of what she was looking for pulled Gabriel's ratty ol lighter from her pocket and lit the red Haired man's cigarette, before sliding the lighter across the table to Seraphina. Svetlana's blue eyes were fixed suspiciously on the man who had just plopped himself down at the table.

Seraphina swallowed hard trying to compose herself and bite back the pain. Her voice was composed and flat but barely above a whisper.

"Buono mattina Signor, I hope this fine morning finds you well?"

Svet shot Seraphina a look that would have made most people shutter, her eyes full of disapproval for engaging the man in conversation. Sera gave er a look that said it is OK, things are under control.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:43 pm

From across the room Grimbold watched the little interaction. It was clear from the looks between the two women that one of them at least didn't know the red headed stranger. Although the greeting the injured woman had made was not audible across the room it didn't appear she was familiar with the man either.
"Hmm there is something strange going on over there, it's not my business,"
he thought glancing at his watch, there was still almost 5 hours before his meeting "however I can't help being the knight in shinning armour, if needed!" He called the waitress over and ordered more coffee and some sort of sandwich, his Italian failing him yet again. And he settled back to watch things unfold on the other side of the room. It would not take much skill to watch the three unobserved, but it would be an interesting test for him with the job ahead.

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zeke on Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:59 pm

He began to inhale as the woman brought up the flame. He exhaled deeply and brought the cigarette away from his lips with his left hand as he took Seraphina's hand in his right. He then brought it to his mouth and placed the gentlest kiss he could muster upon the back of it. Gentle was not his specialty. His eyes found the ring upon it and stared at it as blatantly as possible.
"What a beautiful ring my dearest Seraphina."
His firey eyes looked up and found Seraphina and Svetlana's shock. He grinned to himself and took another inhale of the black cigarette.
"Don't worry your pretty little head. I'm here on business, though as far as I know we know each other. A childhood friend of mine, and a very close friend of yours, are...or were very close friends."
Svetlana continues to eye him suspiciously as he takes another haul from the cigarette before continuing. He also makes a point to let go of her hand. Taking a quick look around he huddles closer to the table.
"I am here about the job."

Zeke
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:26 pm

Grimbold watched the eyes of the injured woman intently, looking for a clue whether the attention the red headed man was giving her was wanted or not. He shifted very slightly in his chair so that he could react more quickly if things went badly.
"They are probably lovers" he thought but something about the reactions of the other woman suggested that they were not, or she didn't approve of the union. He still could not hear what the redhead said but something about the way he moved and had held the hand of the injured woman suggested that he was not used to such actions.

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!