Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

La Firenze

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Svetlana_Popova on Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:17 pm

Svetlana sits there in shock. How could I have missed this? Her eyes narrow as she looks at the flaming haired man. She repositions herself in her chair to intercede if needed. He seems to have a huge strength of will. This should be interesting. Svetlana smirks slightly, and leans forward. With her heavy russian accent she replies to his statement.

"Since it seems you know Seraphina, which I do hope you will explain as to how in more depth, I assume that your price will be reasonable."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Svetlana_Popova
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:53 pm

Slowly a light dawned in Seraphina's eyes, she knew who sent him, but didn't say a word. She looked at Svetlana and thought only of Gabriel though she called him Maxwell in her head. She was counting on at that moment what Svetlana had told her about her level of empathy, was true. Unconsciously she rubbed her forehead as she would have at any time when she needed to think but as her hand touched her head a shock of white light shot across her vision and pain surged throughout her head. She began to breathe deeply to regain control and presence of mind. She squeezed the bottle of pills tightly in her hand.

Once the pain faded she looked at the red haired stranger and spoke, picking up where Svetlana left off

"Well Signore, I know who contacted you on my behalf, of that I AM certain. I am curious as to your name and what you know of our plans. We are taking bids on the services of several mercs. So, Signore' what is your opening bid?"

With her final words her eyes clouded over in pain the agony of her broken ribs obvious to all who are paying attention. She sat back in her chair as far as the brace she was wearing would allow. She waved at the waitress and pointed to her cup, unable to speak. Promptly the young woman brought her a cup. Her brows were furrowed deeply in concern for Sera, she shot a sidelong glance at their newest addition. Sera nodded and waved away the pretty waitresses concern. Slowly the girl turned away from the table and walked back to behind the counter. She always kept an eye on Sera and her company.

As she sat breathing as deeply as she could the pain began to overwhelm her senses. She picked up the bottle of pills and read the label. She ran her thumb across it and stared at the the white labeling against the dark brown bottle. She clenched her other fist in pain, but set the pills back down on the table. Her facade was crumbling in front of everyone but she would not cloud her mind at a time such as this. A wry smile of approval greeted her from the man next to her and a flash of concern darted across Svetlana's eyes so quickly she wasn't even sure she had seen it.
In Exile

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zeke on Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:41 am

He sat contentedly as Seraphina fought off the incredibly obvious pain she was going through. He kept smoking the cigarette and nodded in approval as she set the bottle of pills back down. Strong woman, does she really need a guard? He took another drag of the cigarette as he thought about how to answer the both of them. First he turned to Svetlana.
"Firstly, I would like to repeat only the basics. I am a friend of a friend of a fiancee. If the name Xavier Constantine rings a bell that is all you need to know. Secondly, my prices are very moderate indeed. All you need to know is that I only require traveling and lodging expenses. An unnamed third party is adding a lump sum, by the day, into an account that I have designated."
He smiled as he finished the cigarette and flicked it over the cafe patio gates into the street. Zeke made the point of saying the phrase "need to know" as much as he could in that statement so he did not require to tell them he would only tell them what they required.
Zeke shifted his gaze to Seraphina to answer he questions then.

"As for your questions Sera, my name is Ezekiel. Or Zeke. I know nothing of your plans except you require a mercenary for a defense mission. As little blood as possible I'm assuming. Aye?"

Zeke
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:54 am

At the mention of Xavier Constantine her eyes grew wide and clear with recognition, now she knew everything she needed to know. Her sweet angel had sent him. She fought off the overwhelming sadness she began to feel, but relished in the knowledge of how much he loved her. She didn't even waste time thinking about the offer, she looked to Svetlana for any sign of disapproaval and if there was any she didn't heed it.

"You are hired, Zeke, we leave tonight at...."

She turned to Svetlana

"My memory is bad after well," she points to her head "What time are we leaving?"

Though she spoke to Svetlana she thought only of her Fiancee'. What is he up to? And willhe live? The fears she faced with Paolo came back to her but she burried them deeply in her gut. She drank her tea in order to hide behind the cup. this was going to be too much.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:33 am

Still unable to hear the converstation that went on across the room as things developed it was quickly clear that some sort of agreement was being formed. Grimbold relaxed, he was not going to have to get involved with anything unpleasant here today at least. He had only the negotiations for his own job coming up, something he hated doing and was not good at anyway.
He called the waitress over and paid his bill then without glancing at the group he had been watching left the cafe.

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Svetlana_Popova on Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:12 pm

She chuckles slightly as the tensions ease from everybody. She looks at Sera briefly and smiles knowingly as to what is going through Sera's head.

"Zeke, thank you for the information.'

Her eyes hinting that she got more information from him then he probably wanted to let out.

'As Seraphina has stated, your terms are hard to refuse. The shuttle leaves tonight at 1900 hours. Be there about 30 minutes early, and I will brief you on what the mission entails."

She smiles, and looks Zeke up and down in a coitish manner. He would most definately be an interesting play mate. She thinks to herself. I wonder if I could break him. With a small laugh that she quickly turns into a cough, she offers her hand to Zeke to seal the deal.

Svetlana_Popova
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zeke on Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:35 pm

He watched Svetlana as she looked him over. Nodding to himself he took her hand and shook it with a strong grip. Doing his best not to crush her and to somewhat gentle.
"I shall be at the airport at six thirty then."
With that Zeke got up and made his way out of the cafe. He brushed past Grimbold dropping a growl in his direction as their shoulders touched. He placed another black cigarette between his lips before his gaze turned back to the direction he was going. I need to pack... he thought as the bright Tuscan sun showered down upon him.

Zeke
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Svetlana_Popova on Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:30 pm

Svetlana smiles at the strength of his grip and nods farewell to him. She then turns her attention back to Seraphina.

Svetlana_Popova
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:16 pm

Sera smiles to herself as she watches Svetlana check out Zeke. She was shocked however at his random aggression at the other man in the cafe' but what can be expected from a mercenary after all.

She looked at Svetlana and finally gave over to the pain opening the pills and taking one with the rest of her tea.

"I must be crazy, to think I can do this."

She whispered half to Svetlana and half to herself. As she watched Zeke disappear into the crowd she feared, oddly enough, that he would tell Gabriel about her injuries. The last thing she needed was her fiancee' distracted by thoughts of her as he did whatever it was he was going to do. Despite the fear, she was comforted knowing that he was still so near even if only because of a hired hand. It made her feel safe that he had sent someone to watch over her when he couldn't be there. A wistful smile spread across her lips unknowingly as she allowed herself to think of him.

They sat in silence for several moments before Seraphina spoke again.

"Let's go, I need sleep you have tings to do and we have a meeting in 4 and half hours."

Slowly Sera pushed her chair away from the table and flagged the waitress down. Her whole body filled with pain at the simple gesture.The young woman brought them the check and Svetlana paid for it quickly leaving a generous tip. She came around the table and helped Seraphina stand up, she was grateful for the assistance though it deeply wounded her pride. Leaning on Svetlana she walked outside the Cafe' Her mind was numb with pain. She just wanted to close her eyes and go to sleep, hoping beyond all reason that when she awoke it would all have been a bad dream. Svetlana hailed a cab.

When the Cabbie stopped and Svetlana opened the door the man's eyes grew wide.

"Should I take you to the hospital, Miss?"

Seraphina and Svetlana answer in unison with a harsh,

"NO!"

The man flinched beneath their words and turned himself back around so he stared straight at the road. Svetlana gave him the address to her hotel and he sped off. He didn't say a word until he arrived at the hotel and Svetlana paid the fare, then it was only a muttered thank you.

As Svetlana helped her into the hotel she was thanking god that the lobby was relatively empty. The few people who were there stared opening at her, She bowed her head so that the long wig would hide her face. This is behavior most unbecoming of a diplomat and an Alighieri, she reprimanded herself silently, but she refused to lift her head and be a sideshow for those who had risen early to enjoy the delights of Florence. They took the Elevator to Svetlana's room and Seraphina had to choke back the nausea. When the lift stopped her head was spinning. Svet walked her to her the bed sat her down and removed the wig and her shoes before helping her to lay down

"Sleep."

Was all she said before shutting the door, and walking away.

Seraphina laid there her heart pounding with fear, it was the first time she had known she was alone since Dante attacked her. Her thoughts went in circles, dancing between General Sin, Gabriel, The mercs, Svetlana, Dante, and of course duty. Her body in agony and what kind of frightful sight she must be were the last thoughts to cross her mind before sleep enveloped in her. There was nothing in the oblivion that engulfed her, not even Gabriel.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Svetlana_Popova on Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:16 am

Svet speeds around Florence, getting all her last minute stuff done. She arrives back at the hotel about noon with all of Seraphina's stuff, and a few odds and ends needed for the trip. She stands outside the door to her room, rubs her face tiredly, then opens it quietly. She places Sera's stuff by the door and finishes packing. She looks over at Sera, her face unreadable. She sets her packed stuff next to Sera's. She then pulls out some clothing for Seraphina to wear. She walks quietly over to the bed and wakes Sera up.

"It's time to get up and get ready."

Seraphina struggles to open her eyes. She stares at Svetlana trying to place where she is. Slowly, the events of the past 24 hours seeps into her mind, and she closes her eyes to try and shut everything out. She nods slightly at Svetlana, and with her assistance gets out of bed. Svetlana quickly bathes Seraphina and helps her get dressed. Svet then applies makeup to Sera's face to lessen the coloring of the bruises.

"There, much better. Now people won't stare at you as much."

Svet smiles slightly.

"I have rented a car for the rest of the day to make things easier for the both of us. If you don't feel up to this meeting, you can stay here and nap some more."

Svet turns her wrist to look at her chrono.

"It's about time to go."

Svetlana_Popova
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:50 am

Seraphina gave herself over entirely to Svetlana ministrations, to weak and tired, soul tired, to argue or even care about how weak she is. Once dressed however Sera sets her mind to her work, the bath woke her up some and she begins to compose herself, pulling on all the inner strength that she has, to push aside all fear and pain. She stepped up to mirror and took a good looked at herself. The suit looked immaculate and Svet's make-up job his the bruises marvelously, though one could still see the purple hues, they were not the center piece of her face anymore. She arranged her bangs so that they covered the gash as much as she could. She took a couple of breathe s before turning to Svetlana.

"I am going," Her voice was even and had the edge of a quiet strength.

Slowly she ran her finger through her hair, pushing a lock of it behind her left ear. The pain was not as intense, the pain killers were working well, her mind was relatively clear. She grabbed the bottle from the bedside and Gabriel's lighter stuffing them both into the depths of her pockets. She glanced at herself one last time in the mirror before walking out of the bathroom.

"I am ready, if you are."

Svetlana only nodded handing Sera the keys to her apartmentt.

"The locks have been changed and there is no sign of the attack."

Sera only nodded.

As she started across the room towards the door Svet offered her hand. She seriously contemplated taking but shook her head no. I have to do this myself she thought. Her strides were shorter the usual from the pain and the constriction of the brace, she calculated her steps and struggled to have an air of grace and strength about her that had come so naturally before. Each footfall was one step closer to who she had been. Svetlana opened the door and two headed to the lift and int the parking the garage.

Sera followed Svetlana to a black sporty four door. It was aquiline enough to be a sports car but not high profile. Sera opened the door and while holding onto Svetlana's forearm she go into the front seat. The whole journey left er winded and nearly gasping for air. She regulated her breathing and took as many deep breaths as she could withstand. Svetlana closed the door and hopped into the driver's seat. Praying for guidance, and protection, strength and insight Seraphina rode in silence as Svetlana sped off towards the Lame Duck.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Svetlana_Popova on Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:09 pm

They arrive back at the hotel, and Svetlana helps Sera back up to her room. She glances at her chrono briefly.3:00She gets Sera into bed and smiles slightly.

"I will wake you up at about 5."

She goes and sits down at a table, flips open her laptop and sends off an email.

Grimbold,
The shuttle leaves at 1900 hours. Please arrive at least a half hour early.

Svetlana

She then sends an email off to an old friend.

Sasha,
I have a request for you while I am up in the colonies. Please find Dante Novello.

Svetlana

She sits back in her chair with a small smile on her face. Dante will regret ever tangling with me.

Svetlana_Popova
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:03 am

Sera was plagued by dreams ranging from fond memories to terrible nightmares. When Svetlana touched her shoulder her eyes shot open with a wild terrified look, and she gasped. Slowly her eyes focused and she recognized Svetlana. Her tense body relaxed. She pushed herself up to a sitting position. the nausea was not as intense as it had been and her head didn't spin. Her ribs were still quite agonizing as she tried to breath.

"So I take it is five?" she asked flatly a she rubbed the sleep from her eyes.

Svetlana shook her head yes. Taking Seraphina's hands in hers she helped her off the bed. Sera staggered to the shower and slowly undressed herself. The bruising on her ribs was terrible both her sides were black. She simply shook her head as she wrapped a towel around her. Sticking her head out of the door she hollered to Svetlana.

"You picked up my stuff right?"

"Yes." Svetlana said.

Seraphina could here the clicking of latches as she stood there.

"I Have laid out a fresh suit for you."

Svetlana said.

"Grazie."

She shut the door and turned on the shower. She ran it a little on the he hot side to relax her. As she stood there the water rained down on her body. She pushed all thoughts of Dante, and Gabriel out of her lead. It was all about her and her mission now. Slowly her head space changed as she steeled herself against the the outside world. Her soft brown eyes slowly became hard and cold ash she stood there.

When she stepped out and into the main room,m the cold air snapped her awake despite the towel. Again Svetlana helped dress her and brushed her long hair. Seraphina ran her fingers over Gabe's lighter one last time almost like a banishing.

It was 5:45 when they left the hotel hopping into the same sports car that they had taken to the Lame Duck. They sat in Silence the entire way to the airport..Svetlana drove up to a gate on the far end of the Airport. A man in a black suit opened the door for Seraphina. He was taken aback by her obvious pain and the subtle discoloration of the bruises beneath Svet' reapplied make up magic. But he didn't say anything about it.

"Ambassador Alighieri come with me, your private shuttle is ready
."

Seraphina let the man take her hand and steady her as she got out of the car. She turned around waiting for Svetlana.

"I Am meeting the guards in the main lobby of the airport I will airport them over."

Her cold blue eyes darted from Seraphina to her escort and back. Seraphina followed the man through a side door guarded by a customs agent. Her escort and the agent exchanged a few words and she was waived through. She walked across the tarmac to the waiting shuttle. The escort helped up the stairs and followed her in closing the door behind them The cabin was luxurious. Cherry wood tables and plush seating. Seraphina sat down at the middle table so that she could be surrounded by her guards. She leaned the seat back most of the way and dug in her pocket for the pills. Her escort returned again with a glass of water. She popped the pills open and took one. As she waited she cleared her mind and thought only of her mission. Slowly she began to fall asleep again.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zeke on Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:16 am

It was six fourty when Zeke came strolling through the airport security gates. He was stopped and searched repeatedly as the metal detectors kept barking at him to remove more clothing. With his trench coat on the belt with his guns hidden in it, his steel toe boots with his knife build into the right toe, and his red gloves with the encoportated brass knuckles.
The metal detector finally began to cease its hounding. Zeke redressed himself and made his way out to the air strip where he was informed Ambassador Faile's shuttle was waiting.
By this time the sun told him it was ten to seven. He couldn't help but chuckle to himself. Now, am I late or am I early?
Zeke slowly climbed the steps to the craft and made his way into the cabin after giving the pilot a quick nod.
He wandered back and took the seat behind the dreaming Seraphina, it was also the one next to Svetlana. He grinned at her and looked around.

Zeke
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Svetlana_Popova on Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:41 am

She smiles at Zeke in return and notices he takes the seat next to her. The smile slowly dissipates as she picks up on some underlying emotions. She frowns slightly and looks at Zeke. She leans a little and whispers matter of factly.

"I take it you found Dante."

She sits back in her seat, her eyes burning with seething anger. She sees Grimbold and Alan and the anger dissipates. She waves them into seats and looks over at Seraphina. Sera's head begins to loll to one side as the pain meds take effect. A medic then boards the shuttle. Svet motions her to Seraphina. The medic nods and checks Sera over briefly, and then takes the seat next to her.

Svetlana then leans back in her chair and looks at Zeke.

"We didn't discuss what all this mission entails this morning. It's a peace keeping mission in the colonies. Your primary objective is to keep Seraphina safe. Which I am pretty sure you are aware of."

She smiles slightly. Then leans in and whispers.

"Your secondary objective, if you see Dante again, kill him. There is a 500,000 credit reward for it. I will not presume to tell you how to do your job, but a huge bonus will be made if his death is made to look as if the colonies did it."

She sits back into her chair again, and looks out one of the portals at the tarmac while running a hand through her long black hair. The pilot comes over the intercom, and warns of imminent departure.

Svetlana_Popova
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:41 pm

Alan arrived at the named time, and Grimbold greeted him with just a nod. Not saying a word he lead the way through the small airport and out to the shuttle departure gate.

They boarded the luxury craft and took the two seats indicated by Svetlana. Grimbold had his second surprise when he saw the red haired man who had also been in the cafe that morning. "Small world" he mused and sat in silence waiting for take off

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zeke on Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:29 pm

He leans back into the chair and smiles as Svetlana whispers into his ear. When she gave him the details of the mission he nodded to himself. She then leaned again and told him about the secondary objective. Zeke couldn't help but laugh as he pushed the chair back further and placed a cigarette in his mouth. He looked at Seraphina before sighing and taking it out of his mouth. His eyes then found Sveltana. The glare in her eye could not match anything he'd ever seen before.
This made him smile. He placed his hand on Sveltana's knee and closed his eyes.

"I'll see what I can do about Dante babe."
He opened his eyes again feeling the presence of another entering the ship. His firey red eyes then looked upon the old man from the cafe. Immediately he removed his hand from her leg and turned to her.
"What? You don't fuckin' trust me?"
His eyes were bright with fury. Zeke was pissed.

Zeke
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Svetlana_Popova on Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:59 am

She turns quickly to look at Zeke directly. She grips his hand, and squeezes it in her sudden anger. The strength in her hand speaks volumes of her physical form and prowess. Her blue eyes stone cold and her voice matching that coldness she hisses at him.

"This job is bigger then anyone person can handle."

She holds up her hand to stop Zeke from interrupting and glares at him.

"Regardless,"She heavily stresses the word."of their experience."

She looks deeply into Zeke's red eyes without flinching from the depths of his anger. She then leans back into her chair again.

"Besides, considering the Ambassador's current condition, there will be a lot of medics from the colony coming and going from her room, and neither myself nor you, can be everywhere at once. If you cannot accept that fact, then there is the door, and you are free to go."

She unconsciously rubs her left temple, all the while thinking, He projects his feelings rather strongly. I will need to put up stronger blocks. Realizing what she is doing, she stops and looks back at Zeke, waiting patiently for his reaction.

Svetlana_Popova
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zeke on Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:19 am

His eyes burned as she spoke to him. He could barely feel his hand as she squeezed it, he was just to furious. When she let his hand drop and leaned back to massage her temples he kept still. His eyes still burnging. When she looked back at him, Zeke began to laugh. He chuckled out loud as he fell back into his seat. His gloved hand also once again landed on her knee.
"You're pretty all right babe. Pretty all right."
He grinned to himself as he leaned back into the chair and removed his hand from her leg to put on his belt and await take off.

Zeke
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Svetlana_Popova on Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:32 am

She chuckles and smiles at his compliment.

"You aren't too bad yourself fire eyes. One thing is for sure, this is going to be an interesting trip."

Her eyes twinkling with a challenge, she buckles her seat belt as well.

Svetlana_Popova
Member for 19 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!