Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

La Firenze

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:28 pm

Seraphina awoke as the noonday streamed through her bedroom window. It had been a dreamless sleep and for that she was thankful. She picked up her cell phone and quickly checked for any messages there were no new ones. Sighing shew walked into the living room, picked up her briefcase from beside the door and walked over to her computer. She sat down and set it on her lap opened it up and pulled out the list of demands from the colonies and read them over again. She stopped after each point and contemplated how to sell it. All if it came rather easily except for disarmament. The years of mistrust between the two was going to be difficult to conquer at best. She needed permission from General Sin to set up a neutral party that answered only to her and other peacekeepers that consisted of people from the colonies and from earth to even sell the idea. "Damn," she muttered as she placed the paper back into her briefcase. She opened her word processor and began to draft the proposal. As she worked she became distracted, thoughts of family began to interweave themselves around her thoughts. She stopped, saved and closed the window. One step at a time, Sera, she thought to herself.

It was then that she noticed a new e-mail. She opened it

"Dear Ambassador Alighieri

"
When you have a moment I have some news that may be of interest to you, also I need to tell you a secret it is connected to the news and is important that you know.

Regards GT
"

She sighed. Hopefully it is information that can help me out on this one. She shot off a reply.

"Mr. Theoman,

I am interested in any information that you have to offer. Please e-mail me a meeting place and time and I will be there.

Ambassador Alighieri"

She could not help but think of his confession about his wife, and she knew that that would be an argument used against her proposal by the Earth, she had to figure out a way to deal with rogue factions, some way that was just.

She opened her word processor again and began a list.

!. A disarmament Committee Answering only to the Preventers, consisting of people from both Earth and the Colonies.

2. Rogue Factions? May be able to control those funded by governments who choose sign, what about private funding? Sticky Spot here. Cannot monitor all transactions. When Captured or killed traced back?

3. Reparations in exchange for non-aggression for a time. Get time limit from Generals, that non aggression period will allow time for negotiations on other points.

With that she saved the document, closed the program, and went made herself a cup of tea. The smell of the spiced chai relaxed her and she made her way for the balcony.
In Exile

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:50 pm

As the evening wore on and time was hanging heavily on his mind, the mercenary's thoughts drifted away from the story he was reading. He thought of the day Sara was killed, the news reports so impersonal that brought him the first hint that something was wrong, the dash to the States the sleepless nights for weeks after he knew she was dead. There had been no wake, no real celebration of her life just an emptiness that he had fought hard to if not fill then to hide, to keep away from his thoughts. It was one reason he kept on with the mercenary work, it was one way to hide the feelings of loss and loneliness, untill this last job when he was unable to keep her out any longer, now she was there in his head all the time. Worse she was in his heart again and the ache for her, for the delicate smell of her, the feeling of warm comfort that came from lying with her.

He rose and shook his head to clear the thoughts. He needed to keep sharp, he opened his laptop and checked the email again. He found an email from the Ambassador.

"Mr. Theoman,

I am interested in any information that you have to offer. Please e-mail me a meeting place and time and I will be there.

Ambassador Alighieri"

He sat back and thought a moment; where would be the best place to meet. Perhaps at the airport, he turned back to the computer and wrote a reply.
"Dear Ambassador,

If you could come to the airport about ten in the morning, ask for bay 4 I will meet you there.

Regards GT"

He sent the mail and although it was still quite early showered and prepared for bed, the thoughts of Sara had disturbed him more than he was ready to admit and he hoped a night's sleep would help to restore his equilibrium.

He put some music on the player and lay down trying to clear his mind and achieve the peace he craved. Sleep came slowly and his dreams were disturbed by images of Sara and him together. He woke several times with tears in his eyes.

When morning eventually came he still felt tired hardly ready to unburden himself to the Ambassador. But there are some things that need doing. He rose and showered dressed and went for breakfast.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Svetlana_Popova on Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:01 pm

"My Dearest Seraphina,

You know, writing this damned letter in Italian is a pain in the...what do you call it? oh yes, ass. So I shall write this in English.

I have been called away on some urgent family business. I cannot say where I am going, but rest assured, I will be fine, as you will be as well! Your pretty Falcon should be returning soon to help you get over your tragic loss. He thinks of you often little one. Never forget that in the days to come.

Anyway, I am not sure when I shall be back, but hopefully I won't be gone longer then a few weeks.

Oh and a word to the wise, do not go to The Lame Duck without me. I cannot explain why now, but perhaps someday I can.

Fondly,
Svetlana Popova"

She clicks on send and hopes Seraphina will be alright without her. Damn, I wasn't supposed to end up caring for my marks. With that thought, she turns to compose a message to Grimbold.

"Mr Theoman,
I have been called away on some family business. I may be gone for several weeks. If anything of importance should come up while I am away, please email me immediately, and if I can, I will hop the next flight to Florence. Keep on eye on my little angel Seraphina. God knows she needs the help and protection.

Svetlana Popova"

Svetlana_Popova
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:59 am

Seraphina stood at the wrought iron railing on her balcony and stared out across all of Florence. The Saffron light that fell across the city in the early evening glinted off of the tops of ancient churches and high-rises alike. Each shimmered like a gem in an ever changing crown. She sipped on the cup of tea in her hand, barely aware of the flavor or of the heat. She felt oddly separate from the world around her. Florence had been the very womb that bore her family into existence and fame, and yet she no longer felt a part of it, in fact she felt very little. She wandered all over the ancient city, gone to mass and confession in churches that many only dreamed of seeing, she had touched some of the most famous faces and art of the Renaissance with her own fingers and yet the did not feel apart of the city. It all seemed a grandiose prop, a set for her now, a place where things happened and were recorded but not a place where people lived. She shook her head trying to shake the sense of separation, the sense of things being and illusion. She took the last swallow of tea and headed back inside.

Grabbing the shoes by her bed and slipping them on was her first clue as to her intent to leave the apartment. She was no longer in control of what she was doing it was intuitions and instinct that lead her. She put the tea cup down on the nightstand and scooped up her keys. She left and again double checked her lock on the door, before wandering out into the streets of La Firenze.

As she stepped out into the open air she didn't care if people stared at her, or what they thought, or even if the recognized her, she just simply followed her feet. She was walking much quicker than she should have been and the the brace constricted her ribs making breathing hard, and her body ache despite the pills she had taken earlier. It didn't stop her, she simply kept moving. Her eyes wandering over the fmailiar streets. As she passed the familiar buildings her eyes lingered as though they too were actively searching for a way to break her trance.

She did not stop until she was at the fountain in front of the Duomo, the sun had sunk behind the low lying rolling hills that surrounded Florence. The air had grown cool and slightly damp, and the shadows long formidable creatures that spoke prophecy of nightfall. She sat down on the edge of the fountain and let her fingers play in the water. The cool water made the tips of her fingers feel alive. The soft kiss of the water splashing as it landed on her face and her body slowly chipped away at the bizarre wall she had placed around herself.

Without a thought of the propriety or legality she jumped into the fountain. Her Gossamer clothes began to stick to her body and she kicked and splashed around using the water to enlivened her spirit again. She was human she could still feel cold. She flailed and kicked and splashed oblivious to any wandering by, at times near weeping at other laughing almost maniacally. As suddenly as she had begun her frolic she stopped. She stood breathing heavily, soaked to bone, strands of hair plastered to her face. Shaking with cold. She climbed out of the water and began her walk home.

She walked more slowly letting her eyes caress the city she loved. Drinking in the purple hues of twilight that wrapped themselves around the city. Enjoying the clash of modern technology and timelessness. The wind wrapped itself around her like a familiar lover, and she smiled, genuinely for the first time since Gabriel had left her. She thought of him and laughed.

" I wonder what he would say to me right about now.:

She said aloud to the night. As she stopped on the sidewalk in front of her house and gazed skyward. As she watched the last of the light face from the sky she could faintly make out the shape of a falcon. Her whole heart became inflamed. I am not dead, she thought to herself, as she watched the bird disappear against the night sky.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zeke on Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:43 am

Zeke stepped out from under a newly lit lamppost a few feet from Seraphina. His body somewhat sore due to the new markings of piece.
"He would probably just laugh and speak of a deep love that only the two of you share."
Zeke said to grab her attention. He knew she was talking to herself, but every now and again it was nice to know someone was there, a guardian angel if you will.

Zeke was, of course, no angel. He was a blood thirsty killer, but he was there to watch over her, for an old friend. He didn't have many friends at any time, only three and the one he had left he was not going to let down.

As he slowly approached Seraphina with his arms crossed he hung his head so his bangs fell down covering most of his face.

"I guess it is about time that I be honest with you Mrs. Faile. You were originally correct when you assumed that I was sent by Gabe, he is the only person left on this planet I dare to call friend."
He took off his trench coat that he had just picked up from her balcony and tossed it around her shoulders exposing his dual FN five-sevens hanging from either side of his chest and started her off towards the building.
"Come, we'll get you inside and changed, while I brew some tea and I'll tell you everything."
The Scars That We Wear Will Never Go Away,
The Friends That We Lost Can Never Be Replaced,
What''s It Going To Take And How Many Have To Die,
''Til We Put Away Our Heads And Open Up Our Eyes.

Zeke
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:36 am

Seraphina's head snapped around. Her whole body trembled with fear, until it registered that it was Zeke who was walking towards her. She stared at him eyes wide with curiosity, and shock. Her posture slowly softened. She smiled wanly when he spoke of Gabriel and what he would say. It confirmed what she had thought all along. When he called her Mrs. Faile she had an overwhelming desire to both correct him and weep. Hearing herself called that filled her witrh fear and love, comfort and anxiety, and most of questions about herself.

She graciously accepted his trench coat but couldn't help but be unnerved at the sight of his personal side arms. That is the last thing that Dante saw, of that I am sure, she thought to herself, as a chill ripped up her spine. She shook it off, It is only the wind on my damp skin and sopping clothes, she told herself to assuage her conscience. She let him move her towards her apartment

"Thank you,"

she said softly after he had finished speaking.

She followed him in silence as they walked up the stairs together. She unlocked the door the deadbolt making a loud thud as it slid back, that brought her a level of peace. She led him into the apartment. Stopping at the door to her room she handed him back his trench coat.

Her voice still soft and filled with emotion when she did speak again.

"Thank you again, Zeke, and I would love a cup of tea. Everything you need to make it is in the cupboard above the coffee pot and the kettle is already on the stove."

She walked into her room, and stripped off her clothes and the brace. She quickly toweled off before pulling on a pair of flannel Jamie pants, and a loose fitting t-shirt from the Art Club at the University of Florence. It had the face of the Mona Lisa on the front and the back it said, in Italian, "It is only art if it is well hung, and we are the ones who hang it right." Her hair was still quite damp, but she let it lie down her back enjoying the feel of the cool water, and the weight. It felt good to feel that something was real, tangible, in her world.

She walked out of the room just as the kettle whistled. Zeke was standing in the kitchen. She couldn't read him. There was no hint to her about what he was thinking in his posture. If telling her the truth made him feel anything at all she couldn't see it.

She sat down on the settee, facing the kitchen. SH e swallowed hard not knowing what to say to the strange red haired man, that had been following her, the Gabriel had sent. So she started simply.

"Do you need a hand?"

She waited silently for a response for any change in Zeke.
Last edited by Seraphina Alighieri on Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:43 am

Having had a quick breakfast, Grimbold returned to his room briefly to check email. The only one that surprised him was from Svetlana Popova, it seemed odd that she was leaving now when Ambassador Alighieri was most likely to need her help and support in getting the Earth leaders to accept some of the demands of the Colonies. However there was nothing that he could do to change things he would have to do his best to support the Ambassador himself.

He wrote a brief reply to Svetlana.

"Dear Ms Popova,

Thank you for letting me know your position, I will keep you up to date with the Ambassador's progress, I hope your family business is concluded soon I fear that Ms Alighieri will need your help and support with facing the Earth leaders. You fullfil a role I cannot, though I will do my best to look after her.

Regards GT"

Grimbold glanced at his watch, it was still early but he had time to get to the tailor before his airport appointment with the Ambassador. He grabbed a taxi to the city centre and had a pleasant hour being pampered by expert Italian craftsmen. The suit was nearly ready needing only a few very small changes, it was a marvel what could be done in such a short time. The Mercenary was profuse in his gratitude and left a very heafty tip in thanks.

Leaving the tailors he took another taxi to the airport arriving early, he unlocked the plane and sat to wait for the Ambassador's arrival.

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zeke on Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:34 am

As he poured the water into the kettle he looked up and found Seraphina watching him. He dropped his head low and decided it he was actually going to share his life story with someone it was about time he stopped being cold.

The mercenary gave his head a little shake as he put the top on the pot. He felt his eyes stop burning and the almost started to dance as a natural smile crossed his lips as she spoke. When he looked up he was continuing to smile.

"No thank you, I'm quite alright."
He found a tray next to the stove and set the pot and two cups upon it, upside down of course. Then, as Zeke opened a cupboard to look for some biscuits he began to speak.
"When I was a kid, my parents abandoned me to an orphanage in Canada. They thought I was a freak because of my red hair, and my red eyes. They were scared, very scared. I don't blame them much, but that's where the story begins.

The funny thing is, is that on the exact same day, another boy, born at the same date and the same time as I arrived. He had icey blue hair that matched his cold eyes. Virgil. My blood brother, my foil, my best friend.

As we grew up I became the rash one, and he the calm collected one. It suited us well."

He gave a light hearted chuckle, which almost sounded weird coming from the cold voice of Zeke, but now his voice had tone, it had texture, it had...feeling.

He set a few biscuits upon a small plate and set that gently upon the tray before carrying it out to Seraphina. He took a seat beside her and immediately began to pour her a cup.

"Virgil and I did everything together, and eventually we left the orphanage, a joint effort of course and lived in an abandoned hotel just outside of New York for a few months before the stealing started.

We were getting just so hungry living off the crumbs of society so eventually I got tired of it, being the rash one and I stole some groceries. You wouldn't believe how easy it was."

He stopped to sip his tea and hand he a biscuit. He promised Gabe he'd take care of her.
"And well, as you can imagine that begin to escalate, eventually we were working for the Mafia on the south end of the city, living the ritzy life doing contract killings and at one point I thought, if we're the best killers in the city, why restrict ourselves to just Boss Merceti, so we took him out.
That my dear, is when I began to enjoy it. Virgil and I just seemed to unstoppable. Fire and water, the two most destructive forces on earth, yet two that are required to survive.

And when, the war rolled around three years ago, you can imagine how excited we were. Virgil and I were contracted to kill hundreds, even thousands of people while the US government paid us to do it. And not only that Mrs. Seraphina, we were donated Leo's. It wasn't just guns anymore, oh no. The stakes were much higher now.

This is the interesting part now, this is where I met your beloved Gabriel Faile and his best friend Xavier Constantine. Old White Fang chums from back in the old Zechs days.

The four of us became great friends, and Gabe and I, as if tied by fate lost our best friends since childhood on the same day, during the same retaliation to an attack by a Serpent squadron."

By this point in the conversation Zeke was actually appearing sad and he himself took a biscuit. After he finished that off, he concluded his life.
"You see Mrs. Seraphina, Gabe and I have spilled the same blood in the same mud, and we have shared the same pain.

And after the war, I moved to London and boarded myself in. There was no point in going outside, no fun in killing. So I just read. I began to read and read and read and eventually I found something that I was missing. Hope. I found a few Buddhist writings and well,"

He pulled off the bandage to the Pa Kua on his left bicep and ripped off the bandage in his right palm of the Tomoe.
"But when Gabe called me and told me he needed a favor, how could I refuse the only friend I have left? I couldn't of course. And now I wouldn't trade that trip for anything. I've learned that I am actually capable of being more than a killer. To be completely honest with you Mrs. Seraphina I think when Gabe gets back, pacifism might be my next step."
Zeke finished his cup with his story and set it down to kindly pour himself another. When he was done he offered her more aswell.

Zeke
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:23 pm

When Zeke turned and smiled at her she was a bit taken back. It wasn't the maniacal smile she had seen on his face before there was something warm, even human about it. She smiled back at him. Her whole face was open and receptive to the young man in front of her. She nodded slightly when he declined her help.

As he began to tell his story she was enraptured, having assumed that his appearance was cosmetic and done to instill fear, not any act of nature. She listened intently as he spoke of Virgil. She couldn't help but smile at the name, if he noticed he didn't say anything.

She silently but graciously accepted the cup of tea he offered her. She never took her eyes off of him. She found herself shocked at her willingness to have accepted him as nothing but killer, not a young man with a story with pain in his life. She had forgotten that they were all human, even herself.

She nibbled at the biscuit as he continued to talk about the war and how he met Gabe an Xavier. When he stopped the sadness in his eyes was deeply moving. She wanted to reach out and touch him to show him that she understood his pain as well, deeply profoundly. Tentatively she reached her hand out and placed it on his knee and squeezed, before letting go. A simple sign of empathy.

She understood his loyalty to Gabe and why he would sit in Florence with a crazy Ambassador.

As he concluded his life and spoke of London and being shut off from the world, she though of how she felt earlier in the day before she walked to Il Duomo. She was doing the same thing in less dramatic way.

When he pulled the bandages off she stared at the new ink. The red and irritation of the skin around the pieces. The symbols themselves were beautiful but she did not know what they were. She was about to ask about them when he continued.

"....pacifism might be my next step."

his voice trailed off into the silence of the apartment. She sat and stared him directly in his red eyes, no longer afraid of them. She had finished two cups of tea and reached out to pour herself another as she digested his story. Zeke beat her to the punch and poured her another cup.

Zeke could tell that she was coming to grips with what he had just told her. She was marveled at this meeting here a man who had little humanity is regaining his, and I have just lost mine. Tears formed in her eyes, but she wiped them away before they fell. I am tired of crying, she thought to herself. She sipped at the tea trying to regain her composure, but still marveling at Zeke. Not all is lost she thought to herself.

Her voice was soft and wafer thin when she did finally speak,

"I am sad for you Zeke. I am sad for us all in this twisted tale, even Dante."

her voice cracked when she mentioned Dante. IT was obvious to all present that she had cared for him once.....and maybe always did. She took another sip and swallowed it letting the heat of the liquid become the focus for her to regain herself.

"Thank you, for so many things. For choosing to be honest with me, for protecting me, for giving me hope. I have felt such the monster since Dante died. I let it happen. I let my wrath get the better of me and offered him up as a sacrifice to vengeance, and you were the high priest."

She stopped long enough to take another biscuit. She looked away from Zeke and stared off into the kitchen.

"I know poetry doesn't fit these situations. I was so, am, so afraid of myself and so afraid of what I have become. I am even more frightened that once I tell Gabriel....."

She let her voice trail off this time. The fear had been actualized on L-1 whether Zeke knew it or not. It didn't need to be given any more power by uttering it again. He was smart enough to know what the next words would have been.

She turned to look at him as the silence grew. Her face showed him what she was feeling, all of the ambassadorial shields were gone. Here sat the emotional woman with the soulful eyes that Gabriel Faile loved. She licked her lips before speaking again. Her voice a little stronger but still laden with emotion.

"Would you like me to make more tea?"

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Svetlana_Popova on Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:30 pm

A loud banging is heard on Seraphina's door, and a male shouting through the door.

"Delivery for a Miss Seraphina Alighieri!"

Svetlana_Popova
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:14 pm

Seraphina jumped at the knock on the door, it was like a crack of doom in the silence. She looked at Zeke obviously afraid. She swallowed hard.

"Coming,"

She shouted.

She looked at Zeke who was already standing with his hands on his FN Five-Sevens. He walked to the door, and motioned for her to follow.
She stood beside him in the hall and placed her hand on the door knob. She pulled the door open quickly and stood behind it. Whoever was on the side had Zeke and his accuracy to deal with.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Svetlana_Popova on Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:41 pm

"AHHHHHH! I'm unarmed!!!!Here! Take it!"

The delivery driver screams and throws a package on the ground at Zeke's feet and turns and runs away down the hallway still screaming.

"You guys are nuts!"

Zeke follows the poor guy with his flaming red eyes and smirks slightly and then looks down at the box. The box proudly displays a graphic of crossed rifles, and the name states that it is from a local weapons dealer.

Svetlana_Popova
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:05 pm

Seraphina shut the door as Zeke examined the box before handing it to her. She looked at it, her confusion obvious. She opened it, her eyes wide.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Svetlana_Popova on Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:13 pm

Inside the box is a note to Seraphina, and 10 clips of ammunition specifically designed for Zeke's guns.

Seraphina,

These clips are for Zeke. He will need them. Beware the Novello clan, especially the male half.

Svetlana

P.S. Tell Zeke I will see him soon

Svetlana_Popova
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:35 pm

As Seraphina read Svetlana's note a million questions came to mind the first and foremost being, how would she know? It was the obvious reaction, but how would she be able to predict it? and know it was a man?

She read the note again before handing the box over to Zeke. her voice was flat though her pulse was racing.

"These are for you from Svetlana, it appears that I may be in more danger than I thought."

She focused her brown eyes on Zeke's red ones, the fear related endorphin rush dilating her pupils.

"She says she will see you again soon, however the next few steps as I can see best is for me to get the hell out of Italy."

She swallowed hard, before continuing. Again her empathy with Gabriel grew, now she knew what it felt like to be hunted. Offhandedly she handed Zeke the letter.

"Call Gabe,"

She said strategically not using his full name.

"tell him I have to underground, I will meet him in his country. I need you to smuggle me out of Florence and Italy all together. I have a disguise Svetlana and I used it when I escaped the hospital before going to L-1, I will wear that."

Her eyes and body begged him to help her as she stood there shaking. Damn Nuvello's she thought to herself. Her mind racing she went to her room and began packing. She grabbed every pair of jeans and plain t-shirt she could find. She dug up the wig and placed it on the bed. She left all of her suits, and finery hanging in the closet. the only thing she did grab, was Gabriel's lighter, and a plain gold necklace from her jewelry box. She slid his ring off of her finger and put in on the necklace, before changing into black jeans and a black baby-doll shirt. She didn't put the brace on, she stuffed that into her bag. She did her best to hide the bruising on her face, using the makeup Svetlana had bought her. She looked in the mirror. Not as good as Svet could have done, but passable. The bruising was not as obvious. She put her hair up so that she could simply slide the wig on.

Seraphina then went through the house and closed and locked every window, shut all the drapes and turned out every light, but the small lamp on her desk. Before sitting down on the Settee.

Zeke was had finished reading the note and simply looked over at her.

"I am ready we can leave now."

Her voice was flat but her eyes, were still wide with fear, and her whole body shook, with fear. As she sat there waiting for Zeke to speak to do anything to break the silence. The pain set in, she winced audibly, and laid down.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zeke on Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:31 pm

Zeke did nothing but stand and draw at the knock at the door. As the screams uttered from the delivery man he couldn't help but smile, something he was used to.

He holstered his sidearms as Seraphina gave him the orders. He couldn't help but smile as she scurried around speaking to him in a confident tone. She really is an excellent leader, perhaps president one day... he thought to himself. Zeke found a black duffel bag of his things that he had left here before the trip. He pulled down the zipper and pulled out a black leather jacket and an army hat. He stuffed his trench coat in and did his best to tuck all of the hair under the hat before pulling out a pair of round black sun glasses. Best to hide his eyes. He threw the bag out the window and waited for her as he put the clips onto the back of his chest hoslter.

"Ready when you are Miss Seraphina."

When she was ready they made there way out of the door both completely disguised. He kept his side arms with his safety off, an unusual thing because his fingers were so quick but today he feared for their safety and it was clear that he needed to protect her.

As they skulked down the halls he started to think out loud.

""Planes are out, nowhere to go. Cars are out, checked at the boarder, especially an American and if the Novello family is as connected we both hope they're not, then we won't get out. Train. We head for the train station. Stay in public areas, even if they do find us, they won't open fire in public."

Zeke
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:51 am

Seraphina nodded as Zeke spoke. Following him towards the train station their pace a bit too brisk for her, but she didn't care, the pain was secondary to her survival. She walked close to him, creating an air of intimacy to passers by, but in reality it allowed her to speak quietly to him.

"I am going to need to disappear. New papers, new Identity, once we get to our destination. I cannot use the trust fund I have it will tip them off. Bills are paid automatically, so those expenses themselves will continue as though nothing has changed. They are a very connected family, unfortunately, but and god guide me on this one, we can hope that we have the jump on them. The Nuvellos see me as a weak spiritless creature that should have stuck to art and motherhood."

Her breathing became labored as they continued on towards the train station. She was silent the rest of the way. She sat down on a bench on the platform, as Zeke purchased the tickets, hopefully under and assumed name.

He sat down next to her.

"You were ready for this all along weren't you?"

she looked at him sideways.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:06 am

Time passed and Grimbold continued to wait for the Ambassador to arrive. Ten came and went and there was no sign of her anywhere, the airport was small and uncluttered enough that he could see the main enterence from where the plane was parked and the steady stream of people in and out was not great enough for her to have been hidden by it. He continued to wait pacing the cabin, watching the airport enterence. By eleven he had decided it was time to give up.

He locked the plane and took a taxi back into Florence. He went first to the Ambassador's appartment house. He was not sure which it was, though one appeared to have all the curtains closed, which struck him as odd. Locating the appartment was not difficult, and he knocked on the door. There was no answer. He knocked again and waited a little longer but there was still no reply

"Something must have scared her, terribly if she was prepared to leave without any bodyguard, Svetlana is not here, Zeke, as far as I know, has gone his own way, and she didn't do anything to get in touch with me. I have a feeling that Florence may not be too healthy a place to stay just now"
Leaving her appartment building he walked the ten minutes to the hotel he was staying at and collected his things packing hastily. Once packed the mercenary flagged down a taxi and returned to the airport. On returning to the jet he contacted the tower and filed an IFR flight plan to London City Airport. It would take some time for the clearance to come through so he called the tailor in Florence and arranged to have the suits delivered to an address in London, saying he had been called back on business.

He then wrote a couple of emails the first to Svetlana.

"Dear Ms Popova,

I don't know if you have been made aware yet but it appears that the Ambassador has quit Florence, she didn't turn up for a meeting we had arranged and has not tried to contact me, her appartment is shut up, curtains closed and dark. If you can contact her I am going back to London and will await instructions there. I believe you have my mobile number perhaps you could pass that on to her , it may be useful. I have the means to get anywhere she needs me, if she needs me again.

Regards GT"

The second he wrote to the Ambassador herself.
"Dear Ambassador,

I have moved back to London to take care of a few things, since you didn't make our appointment I assume you have recieved bad news. I hope you are able to contact me soon. Svetlana has my mobile phone number and I have asked her to pass it on to you. I can easily get to you if you need my assitance futher.

Regards GT"

By the time he had finished these and gone through the preflight checks his departure clearance was given. Starting up the engines and requesting taxi clearance he roled the jet to the end of the runway. One more contact with the tower to get take off clearance and he was on his way. He would be back in London in a little less than three hours and with the time zone changes only one hour after take off. As the aircraft climbed he set the autopilot and radios for the first leg of the flight. Once on the way he turned on the noise canceling system and relaxed in the near silence of the flight.

It gave him chance to think a little about the situation, he was concerned that the Ambassador had felt the need to disappear, he was sure that his decision to leave was the right one if there was a threat to her and she had chosen not to ask for his help he needed to be away from there as soon as possible. Not that he wouldn't go to the Ambassador's aid again if she requested it. He also had more chance to reflect on his decision to tell her his background, perhaps it would not be useful, she had a lot on her mind at the moment. He should keep it to himself, after all it would not help her in achieving peace. No he would not tell her, keep it secret had been his watchword, and one he would have to stick with.

His musings were interupted by his recieving the hand off to the next airspace controller. The rest of the flight progressed without interest. He touched down at London City airport just after one in the afternoon. He locked his guns and ammo away in the safe. He passed quickly through the customs and travelled by bus and underground to another flat that he maintained in the City.

There he took up the life of the CEO of a successful investment company while waiting to hear from another life, a more dangerous existance.

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zeke on Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:46 pm

Zeke purchased the tickets when the arrived at the train station under the name Nickoli Rasputan before wandering back to the bench where Seraphina sat.
As he passed her her ticket she cocked her head and spoke. Zeke couldn't help but smile and evil little grin.

"I knew the name Novello before I even realized it was Dante's clan. They are a family to be weary of, and when Svetlana told me that there was a bonus in it for his head I decided to be prepared. I like money, and I like killing, but it is my job to protect you and it is not just a cash agreement, it is a promise to a friend."
With that Zeke reached into his coat and clicked the safeties on the pistols and began to look around making sure they were not followed. One thing Zeke hated was being followed.
"Besides, just because I have a temper doesn't mean I'm not smart with it."
With that the train came rolling into the station. Zeke stood up slowly and stretched casually as Seraphina climbed to her feet.
He lead her to the train as the crowd gathered and was polite to everyone asking their pardon if he bumped them and such.

When they got to the doorman he smiled at him as the tickets were ripped and the two of them climbed on board. Zeke kept looking behind him, not giving off a nervous impression on account of the large smile. They casually took there seats and Zeke sat in the isle, he made sure.

As the whistle blew and the train began to pull away, he couldn't help but let go a sigh of relief. Followed by him removing his glasses and the hat.

"Safe for now."

Zeke
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:20 am

Seraphina simply stared out the window as Florence flew by her and faded into the distance. She had nothing to say to Zeke. She did not remove the disguise. She could only think of her survival and how she was going to outsmart the Novello clan. As the lights faded away and there were only vast expanses of darkness outside her window she laid her head on Zeke's shoulder. The adrenaline had left her body and all she could feel was pain. She winced with every move she made gritting her teeth against the agony.

When she finally spoke her voice sounded flat and distant, like an echo of herself.

"Another Alighieri in exile. The first one died in Ravenna under the roof of the Novello clan, the second will probably die in France by a Novello hand."

She sat up and looked Zeke square in the face. Her expression was terrifyingly serious. Her brown eyes showed her fear and resolution. Her jaw set she swallowed before speaking.

"Zeke, promise me that I will be buried in Florence."

Her eyes searched his face for a response, all she could find was an attempt to hide mild shock.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!