Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

La Firenze

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:58 am

He smiled as she made an attempt to cover the blush. He chuckled a little bit. She set down her fork and looked him in the eyes.
""Gabriel, I love you.""
He set down his fork and smiled at he.
"An, of course I love you too my love."
He replied the rest of the dinner was filled with a certain state of awe, but when she asked him about his family he started to choke upon his tofu. He dropped the fork and began to cough rising the attention from some others in the restuaraunt. He grabbed a hold of the table and started to pound on his chest with his left fist. He swallowed hard and began to weeze a little bit as the rest of the food went down. He looked up at her.
"Mon cher, I t'oug't I told you of my family. Was I mistaken?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:36 am

Her brows knitt with concern as he about choked on his dinner.

Mon cher, I t'oug't I told you of my family. Was I mistaken?

She thought back quickly to all of their conversations and couldn't place any involving his family other than that he was from the Faille clan.

"I am sorry I took you by surprise. No Dolce we never really talked about either one of our famlies to be honest. Well and I think my name gives it away for me at least."

Her eyes narowed as she braced herself for another tragic story God knows we all have more than our fair o them, but he seems cursed.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:26 pm

He smiled at her a little bit. As he took another glass of wine to his lips.
"Well mon amour, my fat'er was killed in de same war dat I fought in last. My mot'er I never knew, my fat'er always told me dat she abandoned me in de early years. I was an only child because my fat'er could never bare to remarry, but 'e 'ad a brot'er. P'illip. An 'e 'ad a son. Claude, 'e is my only living relative on my fat'er's side. 'E would be 'appy come. I'm sure."
He smiled at her as he took her hand.
"Claude an I were very close back w'en we were kids, but w'en I moved to Paris, we lost touch."

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:18 am

As she listened to him her heart began to break for him it was so much like her life, with exception of all of the cousins that she had there were no brother and sisters and both her parents were dead. She was the last remaining Alighieri in Italy as far as she knew and now she was about to join a French house. Her father had no brothers and her mother had been an only child. But all of her aunts were still alive and scattered through out Italy, having married well as was a requirement of the Alighieri clan.

She reached her hand out to his and took it in hers

"I am so sorry, mio amore', I didn't know."

Her brown eyes showed her empathy for him. So much loss between the two of us. she thought to herself, as she took a sip of the wine with her free hand. After sitting the glass she raised his hand to her lips and kissed it gently. She smiled as she changed the subject.

"So after dinner where to next?"

She let go of his hand and returned to her meal.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:04 am

He chuckled as she asked him about their next destination. With a little bit of a blush and a sip of wine he replied.
"Well mon amour, I 'adn't really t'ought dat far a'ead. Seeing as, w'at can top a proposal?"
He took another sip of the wine and he could still feel the beating of his heart all over his body. The ateries in his feet still pumped rapidly. His left leg still shook from excitement. He was getting married. No, he was getting married to the most wonderful girl in Europe. No the world. With a small smile he put his hand on hers.
"'Ow about we let my 'eart return to it's regular time first eh? Den a cigarette to decrease the amount of shaking in my leg, den let's decided w'at is next mon cher."
The two sat there and finished off their wine as the waiter brought their check. Gabriel smiled as he payed it leaving, of course a hefty tip.

They made their way outside into the cool night of Florence. Gabriel immediatly pulled her into a hug an kissed her. He continued to hold her as he whispered to her.

"Mon cheré, mio amour, my love, Seraphina. My fiancée."
And with that he placed possibly the most passionate kiss upon her lips that he had ever laid. They just held themselves there, in that little paradiso for as long as they could. His utopic moment.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:05 am

He chuckled as she asked him about their next destination. With a little bit of a blush and a sip of wine he replied.
"Well mon amour, I 'adn't really t'ought dat far a'ead. Seeing as, w'at can top a proposal?"
He took another sip of the wine and he could still feel the beating of his heart all over his body. The ateries in his feet still pumped rapidly. His left leg still shook from excitement. He was getting married. No, he was getting married to the most wonderful girl in Europe. No the world. With a small smile he put his hand on hers.
"'Ow about we let my 'eart return to it's regular time first eh? Den a cigarette to decrease the amount of shaking in my leg, den let's decided w'at is next mon cher."
The two sat there and finished off their wine as the waiter brought their check. Gabriel smiled as he payed it leaving, of course a hefty tip.

They made their way outside into the cool night of Florence. Gabriel immediatly pulled her into a hug an kissed her. He continued to hold her as he whispered to her.

"Mon cheré, mio amour, my love, Seraphina. My fiancée."
And with that he placed possibly the most passionate kiss upon her lips that he had ever laid. They just held themselves there, in that little paradiso for as long as they could. His utopic moment.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:34 am

She let him lead her outside it was a dream like night in its perfection, in its beauty. Gabriel whispered the word fiance's she felt her heart skip a beat and begin to pound in her chest, as he pulled her close she was certain he could feel it pounding against her ribs as well. She surrendered entirely to the passion of his kiss, giving herself to him so completely that her very soul opened to him like a lotus blossom, greeting the morning sun.

As the kiss ended she felt lonely separated from him. Her heart still raced in her chest. They stepped far enough apart from one another that Gabriel could get to his cigarettes and she began to rummage through her purse. After A few brief moments as he pulled a smoke from his pack, she produced his "ratty" old four leaf clover lighter and lit it, holding it out to him.

In the soft light of the flame her face had the inner glow so commonly found in art. The shadows softened her complexion and the light warmed her skin, subtle red highlights came out in her long brown hair, and her pupils reflected both the Flame and Gabriel, as her lips formed a soft seductive smile full of genuine love and passion.

"Need a light?"

She whispered her soft lilting voice almost carried away on the breeze.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:06 am

He smiled softly as the familliar lighter sparked in the night. His old He cupped his hands behind hers as he took an inhale from the black cigarette as she smiled up at him. When he stepped back to exhale she closed the lighter and stuffed it back into her purse. Right in the front so it would be easily accessable at any time. He smiled at her as he held the smoke between two fingers on his left hand as he waved them in the air as he talked creating a small smoke trail.
"I canno believe dat you still carry dat t'ing around wit you in your purse."
Though the expression on his face showed no surprise at all. Contrary, it held a look of content. He was glad she still kept it. As he took another breath of the cyanide filled air he couldn't help but touch the cross that had never left his neck. He smiled at her one last time and leaned his head back to the sky to create a pyramid of white smoke as he gazed upon the luminesent moon. It radiated white, while the oceans were a dark baige. The fullness of it caused his smile to grow. He cocked his head to catch her eye with a playful look before he tilted his head back all the way and let out a monstrous howl.
"I used to do dat as a kid alot. It made me feel like a character I wrote about once. Dav, de werewolf. Silly, I know."
He laughed this time as he took her hand in his and started off up the street with the cigarette in his other. No particular destination in mind.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:48 pm

She stood with him in the night gazing up at the same moon, lost in the silvery shining beauty. The light playing across his features, illuminating his green eyes. The smoke curling up into night luminescent in the pale light of the moon.. As the howl escaped his lips she leaned against him compelled by some familiarity.

She smiled as he spoke of his character Dav. She allowed her eyes to tear themselves away from his face, and look at the cross she had given him. She followed him silently as enraptured with him as Dante had been with Virgil. She too felt as though he were leading her out of a dark wood

"Mio Falconi,"

She lifted her head so that she could look him in the eyes and smiled.

"I am surprised that you still wear the cross."

Her eyes lit up she knew he would carry it with him always, and that brought her comfort.

"And the werewolf thing, isn't silly, caro. I had a character that was in love with one, she was a linguist and an archaeologist."

She let go of his hand and slid her slender, bare arm around his waist, and rested her her head against his shoulder. She breathed deeply, enjoying the way the air Florence smelt and mingled with his cologne.

Off in the distance she could hear the sound of a gypsy violin. She let go of him and pirouetted in front of him, letting the strap of her dress fall off her shoulder and her long dark hair cascade across it half veiling her face. She spun again and stopped just centimeters from him her brown eyes looking up at him beneath the shadow of her brow. Her stance softened as she slid her arms around his neck and began to sway back and forth leading him into a dance. Standing in a Renaissance piazza, in the shadows of buildings that had watched the passage of centuries, the two danced slowly in the light of a pale moon, to the distant strains of a gypsy violin.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:32 pm

She pulled him into the dance he put his arms around her back. He brought his left arm up over her shoulder and took one last drag of the cigarette before flicking it into the street. His hands then slide down her sides doing his best to touch every curve of the familliar body he could manage. He then stepped closer to her so his body pressed against his.
"Ah, l'amour..."
He whispered more to the night than to her. Her warmth filled him as she laid her head upon his chest. Gabriel couldn't help but smile. It was a perfect evening so far. How could it be spoiled.f

The danced until the song ended and finished their dance with a long kiss.

"'ow about coffee mon cher?"
Gabriel asked as they began to walk back toward the main street.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:55 pm

When he stepped away from her after the dance, and another passionate kiss that filled her with love and happiness, she could still feel his hands caressing her and where thay had been around her waist. The ghost sensations left her aching for the familiarity of him. She felt no fear with him near, even knowing how uncertain the future could be.

"Coffee, would be wonderful, Caro, I know a little place that makes a perfect Turkish Coffee."

She looked down at the ring on her hand and then back up at him, and smiled, the small but happy smile of a Classical Madonna. Squeezing his hand she looked up at him.

"I could never have wished for this, mio amore', you have brought me more joy than any single person ever has."

Tears clung to her long lashes like small little pearls in the moonlight as she lifted his hand to her lips and kissed it. She felt like shouting to all of Florence her love for him. The bliss that engulfed her made her heart race, and a blush come to her cheeks.

Content to walk she waved by the cab the slowed down it wasn't far to the little bistro, and from it you could see the Coppula of Santa Maria del Fiore

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:03 am

He smiled as they started off toward the place taht she knew. He looked up to the sky again as she squeezed his hand wondering when would be his time to leave and return to Maxwell again. The cold unmarried soldier.
But he turned his attention back to her and squeezed her hand gently back. And kissed her upon the head as he followed her off to the shop. Coffee sounded wonderful at that time.

"How far my love?"
He asked her in a soft bliss filled voice.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:35 pm

She let the warmth of his kiss linger on her head. In moments of such perfection she was content to delude herself that it would be like this forever, that he would never have to leave her side, and so she did.

"It is only a couple of more blocks. After we cross this street and the next one, you should be able to see the dome of the Duomo."

She sounded like a tour guide to herself again.

"It is one of the most sacred historical sites in La Firenze, Guiliano de Medici was murdered there n front of the entire congregation. It is also where Savonarola delivered his sermons that inspired greats such as Botticelli to throw there great works onto the bonfire of the Vanities."

She blushed almost crimson as she realized she was delivering another history lesson on the most romantic night of her life since Venice. She ran her hand through her hair and shook her head at her almost inability to pass up the history of her home.

"Sorry, I guess a history lesson after a proposal is the epitome of the unromantic. Anyway the coffee shop is on the corner of the second block."

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:55 am

He smiled as she spoke. As he laughed a puff of smoke came out of his mouth. He slid his right arm around her waist and laughed again. He took another breath and exhaled.
"Now Mon amour, dat would be a problem if you weren't in love wit someone who did no enjoy 'istory as much as I."
He leaned in and kissed her cheek and pulled her closer as he flicked away the cigarette. Strangely enough he didn't smell like smoke. He began to whisper in her ear.
"Besides, if I am going to love you, then I am going to love everything about you. Even if it means a lecture here and there."
He whispered playfully and nipped the bottom of her ear lightly.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:05 pm

As he pulled her even closer to him all she could do was grin like a fool. What more could a any woman want than to walk down the streets of Florence with a man who truly loved her, even if she sounded like a tour guide. Her heart was still racing. When he nipped her ear she smiled like a coquette and gave him a side long glance, before raising up on her toes so that she could whisper into his ear.

"I am glad that you enjoy history, it is just one more thing I can share with you."

She pressed herself as close to him as their bodies would allow and lightly kissed the curve of his neck. Pulling him close she continued to walk with him down the street.

She stopped after the second block and tilted her head skyward. Above them loomed the copula of the Duomo. The building itself was still a couple of blocks away, but the low lying Renaissance and middle ages buildings of the area were dwarfed by the large cathedral. The cupola was a looming shadow against the twilight sky. She heaved a sigh as she leaned her head against his shoulder and gazed up at the Cathedral.

"Mio amore', there beats the heart of Florence."

Her voice was soft and wistful. She glanced up into his eyes hoping to find him awestruck at the sight. Heaven knew it was a sight that could still take her breath away.

"The construction had just begun when Dante was exiled from Florence. To think maybe the last Alighieri will get married in it."

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:29 am

He smiled and kept her tight to his side.
"Per'aps not mon amour. Maybe you should be de last Alighieri to be married in de chapel."
They continued to walk and the chapel truely began to loom over the two lovers. Though, strangely enough it was beautiful to Gabriel. Most buildings and man made structures made him sick. He kissed her cheek and the two made their way to the coffee shop Seraphina spoke of.

He held the door for her and bowed as she entered.

"Après vous ma fiancée"
He followed her to a table near the window where he pulled out her chair for her before he sat down across from her.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:20 pm

Maybe you should be de last Alighieri to be married in de chapel

When he said this her eyes grew distant. I guess he doesn't know.

When he called her his fiance again it seemed more pressing that he know. The familiar smell of the coffee shop helped to put her mind at ease as she read the years of graffiti on the bare brick walls. It was expected that one write upon the bare walls. She had been coming here since she started at the Institute. Her eyes searched for her favourite canto, that she had written there, as her mind raced for a way to tell Gabriel she was the last of her family. The blunt and honest truth seemed best.

She sat down and folded her arms in front of her on the table, and waited for Gabriel to be seated before telling him.

"Dolce, I am the LAST Alighieri. My Father had no brothers and my mother bore no sons, in fact my birth rendered her incapable of bearing more children."
She continued to search the walls for the Stanza she had written, she wasn't even really sure where to look. It seemed the best way to let the news sink in, as a bit of a warning as to what her family might be like. These were after all Alighieri's even though she was the only one who still bore the name, and most of the family fortune, Which when she got married would pass to her husband and then on to her son, God willing.

Her eyes stopped just behind Gabriel, and she smiled. There was the stanza she had written from the Purgatorio years before. She smiled, happy that no one had covered it up.

She looked Gabriel right in the eyes and recited the line

"There is not within me one drop of blood unstirred. I recognize the tokens of the ancient flame. I wrote that on the wall behind you years ago, it has never applied more than it does it now."

An elderly woman walked up to the table and smiled at Seraphina. She was squat and round vaguely reminiscent of illustrations of gnomes. Her black hair was salt and peppered through out, and was tied up into a tight bun and the back of her head. She patted Seraphina's back with her hand.

"Buono Notte, Signorina....scuza, Maestra Alighieiri, Il vostro... caffè turco usuale?"

"Si, signora Donati."

She looked at Gabriel then turned back to her.

"Chi è questo bello il giovane?"

Seraphina nodded to the elderly woman and smiled.

"è l'amore dell'uomo I e l'uomo che sto andando sposarsi."

She raised her and so that Signora Donati could see the ring. She examined it with mock excess then turned to Gabriel with a warm matronly smile.

"È una buona donna, come una figlia a me. Sono felice per voi entrambi."

She patted Gabriel's shoulder as she spoke

"E che cosa voi gradisce, signore?"

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:47 am

He smiled at her and placed his hand upon the elderly womans and closed his eyes and hung his head as he spoke.
"La ringrazio per la sua signorina di benedizione, e piacerei completamente un caffè di columbia nero con e l'aroma di toffee inglese."
As the woman turned to go back to the counter he turned back to her and smiled. His chair shuffled backwards as he leaned forward and took her hand in both of his. He looked her in the eyes.
"Den if you are de last Alighieri, den I insist dat if de chapel is de one you wish, we shall get it. I will do anyt'ing to make sure dat dis wedding is perfect for you mon cher, ma femme, mon amour, mon tout. I promise."

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:01 pm

She smiled as Gabriel accepted Signora Donati's blessing. As the woman walked away she realized the only other person to know wasn't even a part of the Family.

As Gabriel took her hands and locked his eyes on her she could feel the warmth of a blush come to her cheeks. The reality of her decision to marry him was beginning to sink in, and she began to dread telling her Aunt Sophia. She pushed the thought aside, her family didn't matter on this night they would know soon enough

"You never know half way through planning it you may wish we had eloped."

She squeezed his hands, before letting one go to push a stray lock of hair behind her ear.

"So, my dearest love, on a slightly more practical note, where are you staying?"

She shot him a flirtatious smile. Signora Donati returned with two steaming cups of coffee. She smiled at the pair and winked at Seraphina, as she placed the cups on the table. As she walked off Seraphina felt a vibration against her leg. With her free hand she dug into her purse to find her Peacekeeper communicator vibrating. Not this time, she thought to herself and let it go. I will deal with it tomorrow. She snapped her purse shut and smiled at Gabriel, as she let go of his other hand. She lifted the cup of coffee and inhaled deeply enjoying the pungent scent, then set it down and looked back to Gabriel. I am marrying the most wonderful man on the planet, she thought to herself. It seemed she couldn't get close enough to him tonight.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:47 am

He grinned a little when she asked him where he was keeping. He lifted his cup of coffee and took a small sip of the piping liquid. He kept his hand on hers and smiled wider as he spoke.
"Mon cher, I am staying where I usually stay, in my Mobile Suit. It's cheap and less of a 'assel."
He smiled when she gave him an appaulled look. He rubbed her hand with his thumb.
"Unless you would like me to 'ave a room. Den I can arrange dat rat'er quickly."
He cocked his head and shot her a sly smile and continued to rub the back of her hand with his thumb.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!