Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

La Firenze

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:33 pm

She smiled broadly at his offer of getting a room. She lifted the coffee to her lips and took a small swallow of the strong Turkish blend. She set the cup down with complete mock indignation.

"No, you don't need to get a room, I happen to have a spare, and I think it would be far more entertaining than a hotel, and you can break in my kitchen for me."

She smiled and shook her head remembering their conversation in Venice about her inability to cook. After three years the only she had used in the Kitchen was the microwave.

"Of course if you would rather get a hotel room, I know a couple of very good ones in town."

Again the soft subtle flirty smile spread across her full lips and her intent could read plainly in her eyes, as she lifted the cup to her mouth to take another sip. Her brown eyes focused on Gabriel's over the cup, taking the opportunity to drive home her intentions

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:58 pm

He couldn't help but laugh a little bit to himself before he replaced the smile with a sly grin.
"Well cheré, I tell you w'at, if you let me stay at your place tonig't I will cook you breakfast tomorrow morning. Per'aps even breakfast in bed dependin on 'ow good my sleep is."
His eyes gleamed a little as he took another sip of the coffee. He drank it low so he could keep his eyes locked on hers.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:16 pm

His intense eyes, and smile brought a warmth to her entire body as her cheeks coloured.

"You are of course more than welcome to stay at my place. I hope you find the accommodations to your liking."

She winked at him. Her coffee had cooled enough that she could drink it. She picked up the small cup and drained most of it.

This is how it should have been three years ago, instead of my fleeing like a coward before he awoke, she thought to herself. The communicator that was in her purse began to weigh on her mind. What ever it is it can wait a couple of days. She told herself. Somewhere in the back of her mind he heard Dante's words "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in time of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality." She shook off the ghost of her ancestor and turned her focus back to Gabriel

"So how has Florence treated you since your arrival?"

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:28 pm

He smiled himself and finished the warm coffee. He looked around the room and took her hand and kissed it.
"I am sure dat I will find your 'ome more dan welcoming."
He sat there as she finished her coffee and paid for it.
As they left he lit up a cigarette and took her hand as he smoked.

"Still residing at de same place cher?"

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:47 pm

She couldn't help but smile around him. It was impossible not to.

"Si, of course. I was not going to move, it was the only way I figured you would ever find me again, providing that you still had the Commedia I gave you."

A touch of pain came to her voice. How am I going to share him with himself. She thought about the coldness that had been Maxwell. I am marrying a man more torn apart by duty than I am. She thought of the patience that Gemma Donati, Dante's wife, must have had as she sat in Florence waiting for word of him as he wandered Italy. At least I have politics to pass the time, she thought to herself.

She stopped and turned to Gabriel smiling, pushing all of her dark thoughts from her mind

"Would you rather walk or catch a cab?"

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:58 pm

He grinned a little bit as he looked around the street. Up and down. Gabriel spun in a circle and couldn't help look but looking around. He hung his head and grinned as he looked back up to her.
"Cheré, I am lost."
He laughed as he took in a breath of smoke.
"I guess you will 'ave to lead mon amour. De streets of Florence are not kind to me dis evening."
He replied while laughing.
"Per'aps we should take a cab."

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:11 pm

She smiled at his antics and his admission and laughed sfotly as she responded.

"La Firenza has been known to be a cruel mistress to many."

She reached out and grabbed his arm, pulling him to her she she stood on her toes to kiss his forehead, ignoring the plume of smoke from his cigarette.

"A cab it is, mio amore'."

Her hand plunged into her purse and she pulled out a cell phone.

"Ciao, ho bisogno di un tassì a Santa Maria Del Fiore. Signorina Alighieri. Circa 10 minuti, perfetti. Grazie."

She flipped the phone closed and turned back to Gabriel.

"It is only a couple of blocks to Santa Maria, Let's walk over there you can get a closer look at Florence's pride and joy, well one of them."

She thought of her work in Sangriesta Nuova. If I have to leave who is going to help with that? Svetlana....no...I want her where I can see her. Again she pushed her duty to the side for a night. Mio Dio, I am so much like HIM, it is a good they don't exile people from Florence anymore.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:34 pm

He burshed his hand with the cigarette through his hair before they conintued down the street.
"I would thoroughly enjoy dat mon Cher."
He put his hand on his hip and she put her arm through his as they started off toward Santa Maria smiling. The stroll was mostly quiet. Not an awkward silence, but that of two lovers simply enjoying the night and eachothers company.

The building was absolutely magnificent. The fountain in the court in front just topped off the wonderful view. Gabriel was completely awestruck.

"Mon Cher, it is magnificent..."

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:02 pm

She looked up him, his eyes wide as he stood absorbed by the overwhelming beauty of the Cathedral. She was filled with pure joy sharing this sight with him. She hesitated before speaking, when she did she was barely audible over the sounds of Florence.

"Il Duomo, is the third largest Cathedral in the world. Larger than your own Notre Dame."

She stood beside him her arm wrapped through his and rested her head against him with a contented sigh.

"Il mio amore, potete vedersi ottenere sposato in un posto come questo, o è il dame di Notre più adatto al vostro gusto? Posso onestamente dire che non mi preoccupo, io sto sposandoglieli, tutto che stia sposandoli. Il mio amore, il mio fiance, il mio tutto."

There was only bliss and love in her voice, and she spoke. She felt like she was bathed in the bliss, joy, and love of the Paradiso. The rapture that Dante must have felt being again in the presence of his Beatrice seemed pale in contrast to what she felt.

occ translation: my love can you see yourself getting marriedin a lace like this or is your Notre Dame more to your tastes? I really don't cae, I am marrying you despite it all I am marrying you. my love my fiance my everything

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:43 pm

He smiled as the cab pulled up. He kissed her upon the lips and held her infront of the fountain.
"Mon cheré I shall get married in any chapel that you choose. It is our wedding, but you should plan it Seraphina. I know dat most little girls 'ave dere dream wedding planned out."
He helped her into the cab and followed her in. He waited for her to say were to before he took her hand and leaned back to enjoy the ride with his fianceé

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:49 am

She leaned her head against his shoulder as the cab pulled away from Santa Maria. Everything was sublime. Not wanting to break the silence she let her mind wander over what he had said about dream weddings. She had no idea what she wanted of course there would be the family politics first, she knew for certain where the Umbaldi branch of the family stood, it was the Principe' and the Nuvello's that concerned her. The idea of the family chaos seemed so all consuming that she could not imagine a dream wedding. She had the perfect groom, the perfect city at her disposal, but she could not picture anything. Those dreams had died before she even met Gabriel. As the cab slowed to a stop in front in front of her apartment her mind had officially drawn a complete blank. She paid the driver, and climbed out of the cab.

They stood at the base of a beautiful saffron yellow building. It was built in the traditional low Tuscan style, with widows along all of the outside walls and a gate to a small courtyard on the side. At all of the windows were plants and herb gardens.

She extended her hand towards Gabriel, and once he had hers firmly in his she started through the door and up a flight of stairs. At the top of the stairs they turned left to her apartment one of the two on the floor. She stopped at the door and turned to him

"You know it is funny, I never planned the perfect wedding for myself. Those things have always been handled by the family, hell marriage has always been handled by the family the Alighieri's were arranging marriages up to and including my parents."

She searched his face for a reaction. His eyes betrayed the shock that he felt.

Quietly she slipped her key into the lock and swung open the door

"Forgive the chaos, but I had been out of town for a week at a conference when I ran into Maxwell at the airport."

Her voice cracked ab it when she referred to Maxwell. IT had become ver important for her to think of him as a seperate person nota part of Gabriel, even thoug he may be what keeps Gabriel alive.

Before them lay a spacious airy apartment where one room flowed into the other. The only doors in the place were to the bathroom, and both of the bedrooms. In the living room the prominent feature was a large computer desk with pictures of statues from all over the world scattered on it and a byzantine style settee. On the wall hung her diploma from the Institute and picture after picture of great works of art from all of the Florentine greats to Bosch, Durer, Escher and even Warhol.

She led him to the living room and plopped down on he settee before fumbling with the clasps at her ankles in order to remove the tortuous heels that she had worn. Once the shoes were off the were dropped by the settee. behind her rose one large print that took up an entire wall in her living room it was a collage of all of the wood carvings based on the Divine Comedy by Gustav Dore'. She sat framed by All three canticles of the Commedia

"Have a seat, would you like something to drink, Coffee, tea, a glass of wine?"

She stood up and motioned towards the kitchen

"Or would you like to examine your accommodations first?"

There was a playful lilt to her voice as she put on the airs of a concierge.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:18 am

He followed her up to her home and stood beside her as she talked. He nodded as she spoke of not being able to plan her dream wedding.
"Cheré, I am sure not matter w'at you plan it will be perfect. I know dis because you will be dere, an I will be dere."
He kissed her hand as she opened the door. He smiled as his eyes darted around what was so obviously her home. He smiled as she sat down immediatly and took off her heals.

As she spoke to him he wandered over to the collage a Doré. He looked over all three pieces to the Comedy and found exactly what he was looking for right in the middle of the Inferno.

"'Per Me Si Va Ne La Città Dolente,
Per me si va ne l'etterno dolore,
Per me si va tra la perduta gente.

Giustizia mosse il io alto fattore:
Fecemi la divina podestate,
La somma sapïenza e 'l primo amore.

Dinanzi a me non fuor cose create
Se non etterne, e i etterna duro
Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate'."

He spoke. She looked over at him and cocked her head before he replied.
"Coffee please."
He replied still looking over the pictures. His hand reached up and he brushed Phlegyas as he smiled.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:07 pm

She stood up and walked into her kitchen. From where she stood she could see how enraptured he was in the collage. She could only smile. She pulled open the glass fronted cabinet and pulled out coffee, and two cups. The cups were styled after Byzantine mosaics. Quickly and quietly she made coffee. The smell of the Dark Kenyan roast filled her apartment. As the coffee was brewing she pulled out her service set, and fresh cream from the fridge. She placed the cups on the service and walked back into the front room.

She placed the service on her desk beside the Dore' collage. She walked up behind Gabriel's and wrapped her arms around him. Standing on her toes she whispered in his ear

"So, I take it you are a fan of Dore'?"

She kissed his cheek, before letting go of him and returning to the service. She turned at looked at him, her affection and love for him just beaming from her eyes. Her very stance spoke of the love she felt for him, her movement were languid. Everything about her softened in his presence.

"How do you take your coffee, Caro?"

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:56 am

He couldn't help but smile as she wrapped her arms around him. He put his hand upon hers as she kissed his cheeks and let her glide free when she chose to do so. He nodded as she questioned him about Doré.
"I am actually quite fond of Doré. I believe 'e portrays Dante's journey quite vividly."
He replied just before turning his attention to her. With a few quick steps he was next to her with his arms around her waist as she fixed her coffee.
"Black."
He spoke gently into her ear before kissing her neck as she handed him a cup. He slid out from behind her and took a seat on the settee waiting for her to join him.
He took a quick sip of the liquid that had entranced his nostrils and burned his tongue. The lady of his dreams laughed lightly, though she tried to cover it as he put his right hand up to his mouth with it hanging open. He looked up at her from under his hair.

"Still hot cheré."
She couldn't help but giggle again as she took her seat.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:22 am

Smiling at his plight, she sat next to him leaning into him as much as she could without spilling coffee every where. smiling broadly she nodded in response to comment about Dore'.

"I would agree, it seems sometimes as though Dante and Dore' saw the world through the same eyes."

She inhaled deeply the scent of the coffee. This is what my life should be like, no politics no cares, no duty. She placed a hand on his knee, and squeezed gently. Sitting with him in her apartment she began to wax more than a little emotional. She had been on guard for three years, and at the airport when she saw Maxwell it was easier to hide behind the rage. and then blissfully happy on this evening because of him. She sighed deeply and took a sip of her steaming coffee. She swallowed her encroaching melancholy.

"So what is your favorite canticle of the Comedia, love?"

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:35 am

He smiled as she squeezed his leg and took another sip of the coffee while sliding his arm around her neck as she leaned into him. He sat wondering a moment while he sipped his coffee. He then dropped his head so it leaned against hers.
"Cheré, I do enjoy all of the canticles to the Comedy, you cannot 'ave de Inferno wit'out de Paradiso because den 'is journey to 'Ell would 'ave been pointless wit' no pay off. An wit'out Purgatory, der is no bleakness, no drama to de tale. An de Inferno really builds de works. So I guess dat I am saying it is difficult for me to seperate them."
He paused for a moment and took another sip of his coffee.
"But to give you a real answer, de Inferno."

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:00 am

She smiled as he rested his head against hers, while drinking him in with all of her sense. She sipped at the coffee and listen intently to what he had say. She wasn't surprised to hear that he was a fan Inferno it seemed to fit him. She contemplated the question herself.

"it would have to be the Purgatorio, for me, here we have the greatest insight into the man that is Dante. Plus it is a wonderful allegory for not only leaving behind sin, but the past as well."

She squeezed his knee again, and nuzzled him.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:27 pm

He grinned as she squeezed his leg again. Gabriel took a sip of his coffee and kissed the top of her silky head.
"You are right cheré, purgatory does portray such images and very needed they are, it is like de turning point to de story. W'ere de bleakness ends an 'ope plays a large role in it."
Gabriel finished his coffee and set the cup down taking a hold of her leg with his left hand. He smiled as she took another sip before nuzzling his face into her neck. He placed a few kisses on he neck and her collar bone as she continued to drink.
"I missed you cher..."

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:53 pm

She finished her coffee and set the cup down, as she kissed her. Her whole body gave over to him with each little kiss. She pushed her hair away from her neck and turned to face him. Her face and eyes were radiant. She placed her hand on his chest and and leaned in close to kiss him but stopped within millimeters of his lips.

"I have missed you to, Caro, more than you may ever know."

She grabbed his tie and pulled him closer to her and kissed him with all the passion that had built up over the years since they first met. She pressed herself as close to him as seating and flesh would allow. When the kiss ended she shot him the most genuine and seductive smile that she had ever shown anyone.

"Would you like to see your room?"

She tried to be serious and lead him on into the joke, but there was no way to hide her true intentions. She stood up not letting go of his tie, and pulled gently.

"This way Signore'"

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:07 am

He grinned slyly as he stood up with the light tug of the tie. As she pulled him towards the room he couldn't help but walk right up behind her and wrap his arms around her waist. He kissed her cheek as he did so.

She stopped out front of a room and turned around in his arms. She kissed him as her hand found the door. She tossed open the door and pulled him in backward while flicking on the light. Her bedroom's main focus was a large four poster bed with gold draperies. She wandered over to a monstrous window that led to a balcony as she pulled closed the curtains before turning back to him. Gabriel knew the bed would be a four poster, it suited her.

She came back and fell into his arms as their lips touched again. He pulled back from her and smiled evilly.

"So Cheré, w'ere are you sleeping?"
The devilish grin still over his lips as he spoke.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.