Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

La Firenze

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:07 am

Laying beside him bathed in the midday sun smiling down on him she felt a sense of hope that maybe he wouldn't leave her, she sighed contentedly, but she knew deep in her mind that it was a false hope. She glanced at the clock beside her bed, it was 11:47. Tis the nightingale not the lark she thought to herself.

"I will go with you then"

She said before kissing him.

"provided you actually get out of bed."

she stared down at him her eyes full of love's fire and began to run her hands through his hair. I am going to miss him more now than i did before.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:20 am

He smiled at her and hugged her close to him.
"I do love you, but...I do 'ave to go. For now."
He rose from the bed and began to dress. She followed him and dressed herself.
When they were done he smiled and met her in the middle of the room with a hug and a passionate kiss. He slipped his arm around her shoulder and they left her place. The streets of Florence were gleaming and alive with people upon their daily routine. Gabriel couldn't help but smile as everything seemed to radiate beauty. Especially his fiancee. His hair blew around in the light wind as he watched everyone busy around him. As they walked he turned and smiled at her. Life was good.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:40 am

Each Article of clothing that she pulled on was a barrier between her emotions and the outside world. She was going to be happy, and relish the last bit of time she had with him until they met again.

As he kissed her she gave over to him entirely, it might be the last kiss ever.
As he slid his arm around her she snuggled in close drinking in his very presence.

The streets of Florence bustled with energy as they walked towards the train station. She said nothing to him not wanting to shatter their last moments together with her morbid thoughts. The sun beamed down on him filling him with a radiance the bordered on the angelic. He looked at her and she saw the undying love in his eyes as they focused on her. She did not see the sights of her home as they walked all she saw was him. The perfect image of young lovers in la Firenze.

As they grew closer to the train station she couldn't help but slow her gait a bit so that he had to slow down. She was determined to keep him with her as long as possible. As they approached the door she was gripped with fear but did not allow it to materialize on her face. He was going to go do only god knows what and she was headed to a war zone. She stopped at the entrance and turned and looked at him

"I know we see tings differently but know I will pray for us both while you are away, mio amore."

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:59 am

He smiled at her she said that she would pray for him, and he was out right flattered. He closed in upon her and her beauty seemed to ooze from every inch of her. His hands found her hips as he held her. He looked at his feet and then back up at her eyes.
"Cher, if I believed in God, den I would pray for us as well. Instead I will never take your cross off, an every day I will read a new Canto of de Divine Comedy."
He rubbed the cross and kissed her on the forehead. Then he kissed her upon the lips and stepped back. Gabriel began to slowly walk backward into the revolving door of the station. He did his best to touch her as long as possible. Their hands dragged across hers and his fingers felt every inch of her as she watched him disappear into the revolving gate of nonexistence.
Gabriel couldn't help but feel a little sad. He just left his newly proclaimed fiancee. He stood at the door watching her leave from behind the glass.
The sun tricked him. He saw her more beautiful than he had ever before, and the wind traced yellow flower petals around her ankles. They almost marked her steps like the fiery tail of a phoenix. That was it. She was his phoenix. She lit his path and always seemed to arise from the ashes known as his life.
He smiled to himself and looked at her again. She honestly did light up the air around her.

Gabriel uttered a deep sigh and turned his back to the most wonderful thing in his life. His green eyes hardened and he was ready once again to become the war god Maxwell Heart. It was time to finish what he had started.

He made his way up to the cashier and purchased a one way ticket to Paris.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:44 am

As his fingers slipped from her and he disappeared into the building tears began to collect on her lashes. She stayed a few brief moment in order to catch another glimpse of the man she was more than ready to give up everything for, even her work and her name.

As she turned and walked away a breeze came up scattering yellow flowers petals at her feet. She looked down and watched them dance about her feet like the faery blessings of old lore. Their joyful play brought a wan smile to her lips, they seemed a good omen, though it did nothing to comfort the rising fear and pain. His love, his fiancee and she just walked with him possibly to his death. Her chest grew tight as she walked, she listened only to the sound of her shoes on the pavement. She could feel him around her as though he were embracing her with wings.

She passed the street that lead back to her house. She simply kept walking as she fought to regain her senses, and she struggled to become the ambassador she was. Slowly the tears dried up, but her heart never stopped aching. She walked past il Duomo and sat by the fountain looking into its water. The journey that brought her to him started here she thought to herself. She sat and stared at her reflection dancing across the water. She could imagine him there behind her with his arms still wrapped about her shoulders

"Someday"

She whispered aloud.

She began slowly to turn her focus to her mission and her eyes began to lose their warmth and grow distant, but the ring on her hand became more noticeable. She looked down and thought only of Gabriel. She raised her eyes to the sky, as a falcon flew over the square. She sighed

"Yes, you will always be with me, my love."

Finally she stood up and began the trek back to her house.

It was another hour before she returned home and her mind was intensely fixated on the practical matters of the day. She had to call her Aunt Sophia, Aunt Bianca, and Aunt Francesca, as well as the Caremelite convent, and of course the Maestro. That can wait, she said to herself as she walked into her room and dropped her purse on the floor before laying down on her bed, where he had slept. The sun warmed her back and pulled the memory of him back into her mind, smiling she dozed off, contented to hold on to him for a few more moments, before the denial of him and there love became an overwhelming necessity, before the cold diplomat really took over. As her lids closed over her eyes she saw him as he walked away from her heading into the station and knew that she was about to do the same thing.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:17 am

She awoke a couple of hours later and rubbed the sleep from her eyes. It had been a dreamless sleep for which she was thankful. She sat on the edge of her bed as the afternoon sun came through the curtains. She pushed them open and opened the french doors and stepped out onto the balcony. Taking several deep breaths of the Tuscan air she steeled herself against her emotions. She walked back inside and grabbed her cell phone then returned to the balcony to do what she had to do.

Quickly she dialed the private number of her Aunt Sophia Nuvello. Her stomach did flip flops as she the phone rang

"Si, Sophia Nuvello"

A soft spoken and sweet voice replied.

"Zia Sophia, è me Seraphina. Spero di trovarlo bene"

"Sieri, il mio più caro bambino, spero che tutto sia bene. Come il ripristino sta andando?"

"Molto bene Zia. Vi ho alcune buone notizie per"

"Realmente il bambino, che cosa è esso?"

The note of joy was impossible to ignore in Sophia's voice.

"Sto ottenendo sposato
."

Seraphina's voice cracked as she fought to conceal the overwhelming joy that she felt at being Gabriel's future bride.

"Congratulazioni a chi? Conosciamo la famiglia?"

Seraphina swallowed hard she knew this woman to well and was not eager to receive the disapproval that would come when she told her that her Fiancee was not from a Tuscan house, though nobility.

"No. Non è un Toscano, ma la sua famiglia è nobile."

She was greeted with a long silence on the other end of the phone. When her aunt responded her voice was flat.

"Veneziano allora, o Neopolitan?"

Seraphina took a deep breath, and swallowed hard.

"Nessuno. Francese."

The silence on the end of the line told all. She could feel her aunt's disgust through the phone line.

"Una famiglia nobile. Quale?"

Her voice was so monotone that it was almost impossible for Seraphina to detect any emotion at all.

"Non posso dirvi che, tuttavia, sia nei militari ed attualmente su una missione."

"I Militari. Pozzo almeno ha un senso del dovere. Così avete detto a Dante ancora
?"

Her tone lightened a bit, as Seraphina mentioned the military, in response Seraphina's stomach worked its way into a giant knot when Sophia spoke of her cousin Dante.

"Nessun non lo ho lo denominerò quando rinvio dalla mia missione diplomatica corrente"

"Nonlo preoccupi lo denominerà. Ancora nella politica? Il corso che dell' siete esso funziona nella vostra anima
"

Seraphina could imagine the sly grin that spread across her aunts pale thin lips. She continued in order to render her aunt silent, and avoid conversation about Dante.

"La zia Sophia I lascerà in una coppia dei giorni e non so quanto tempo sarò andato ma sarò sicuro denominarli quando ottengo indietro. Devo imballare e prendere accordi finali in modo da devo lasciarlo andare, così come la zia Bianca di chiamata e la zia Francesca per dire loro le notizie, il pozzo e naturalmente la sorella Katrina Francesca. Di ciao e li ama lotti"

"Naturalmente amili ai Sieri
"

Seraphina hung up the phone and sighed deeply as the weight was lifted off of her shoulders.

OCC Translation:

Aunt Sophia, it is Seraphina I hope to have found you well
Sera my dearest child. I hope you are well. How is the restoration going?
Very well. I have some good news for you.
Really child what is it?
I am getting married
Congratulations to whom? Do we know the family?
No. He isn't Tuscan but it is a noble family.
Venetian, Neopolitan?
No. French
A noble Family which one.
I can't tell you. He is in the military and on a mission.
In the military. Well at least he has a sense of duty. Have you told Dante?
I will tell him after I return from my Diplomatic mission.
Don't worry I will tell him. SO still in politics? Of course you are it is in your blood.
I will be leaving in two days and am not sure when I will be back. I have to go and pack and make the final arrangements and of course call Aunt Bianca, Aunt Francesca and Sister Katrina Francesca. I will call you when I get back Love you lots.
Of course. Love you Sera.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:23 pm

Seraphina took several deep breaths of the Tuscan air and closed her [b]eyes to feel the warmth of the sun more intently across her olive skin. Despite Gabriel's departure there was a sense of peace and perfection about the afternoon as she stood there. Over the white noise of the city [b]the bells from the multiple Cathedrals could be heard chiming the hour. Her skin tingled with each peel. She let the sound wash over and through her pushing the thoughts of her Aunt Sophia from her mind. He is probably in Paris by now, she though to herself as she opened her eyes and looked to the north.

"May God bless and keep you, My Love."

She whispered to the air. As the calm worked its way into her very core she flipped open her cell phone and dialed the Carmelite Convent. The mother Superior answered so she left a message about her marriage for her aunt who was now Sister Katrina Francesca. The mother superior congratulated her and offered her blessing.

She ended the call and quickly dialed her Aunt Francesca Principe' at the art Gallery. She was in am meeting with an up and coming local artist so Seraphina left a message. Only three more phone calls she though t to herself, first Aunt Bianca Umbaldi, then the Maestro then Svet.

She took a deep breathe before dialing the Umbaldi's A gruff male voice answered

"La residenza di Umbaldi può io chiedere chi sta denominando
."

Seraphina smiled at hearing the familiar voice of Tonio the Butler. Fondly she remembered him sneaking her Tirasimu from the formal parties after she had gone to bed. He was more of an uncle than a servant[/b].

"È Seraphina, Tonio, può io parlare prego a Bianca."

His voice lit up with an uncharacteristic show of emotion.

"Naturalmente i Sieri lo hanno lasciato ottenerlo."

She heard the phone hit the table. She allowed herself to wonder down the familiar paths of her Aunts Villa in Ravenna. The glorious gardens full of hidden paths and fountains. IN the center was a large alchemical garden recreated from those of he Renaissance. Her nostalgia was interrupted when she heard the lilting accent of her Aunt on the Other line[/b].

"Il mio tesoro, Sieri, come abbiali stati? È stato così da lungo tempo noi l'ultima volta ha parlato il quasi sei anni. In effetti era l'ultima volta che eravate qui alla villa."

"Sì è stato una zia lunga lunga di tempo. Sono spiacente per quello
."

Her voice became slightly sad as she thought of her last trip to the VIlla it was after Paolo's funeral. Bianca continued not wanting to remind Seraphina of the loss.

" Non si preoccupi, il mio angelo piccolo, so che siete stati insegnamento occupato e con il vostro lavoro come diplomatico così to a che cosa io dov piacere sent dolce fiorentino accento?"

"Ho notizie meravigliose realmente, io sto ottenendo sposato
."

Again glee filled her voice as she talked about marrying Gabriel.

"Sposato? caro caro bambino di congratulazioni. Cosi dicami interamente circa lui. Da dove proviene? Quale Camera? Quanto vecchio? Che cosa è il suo nome?"

Seraphina sighed, again with the politics she though to herself at least the Principe's are not like this.

"Posso rispondere soltanto ad alcune delle vostre domande perché è nei militari e nel pozzo che sapete quello va. Proviene francese e da una casa nobile, ma quello è tutto che possa dirvi, Bianca."

Bianca's voice took a slightly darker tone but nothing as unpleasant as her sister Sophia.

"Francese e nei militari, non può essere tutto il difettoso. Scommettevo che guiderebbe i dadi di Sophia se sapesse."

She giggled at the thought of her sister stewing.

"Io già la ha denominata. Ho ritenuto che era meglio ottenere il telefono più sgradevole dice ad alta voce del senso in primo luogo."

"Avete Dante denominato
."

Her voice was solemn as she spoke of Dante Nuvello.

"Nessuno Sophia sta andando farlo. Stavo andando dirgli dopo che ottenessi indietro dalla mia missione seguente, che lascerò per presto."

"Naturalmente il mio dolce. Il dovere è curse del Alighieri. Il nostro progenitor sarebbe fiero di voi Seraphina Magdalena Alighieri, può lui benedirlo con un figlio
"

Her voice was serious but the love that she felt for her Niece was plain.

"Grazie Bianca, può io prendono che come vostro consenso?"

"Si"

"Grazie ancora. Devo andare rifinire le mie chiamate ed imballare. Comunicherò ancora con voi quando abbiamo la data.
"

Bianca's voice perked up the Alchemical combination of the Florentine accent and that of northern Italy giving her joyous voice a lilting quality that could be found no where in the country.

"Quando lo lasciate sapere potete avere il partito di aggancio qui e le nozze. Potete fare alcune memorie felici del posto."

Seraphina smiled. She loved the Villa.

"Penserò a questo proposito la zia."

"Di ciao e ti amo Amili ugualmente, Sieri
."

She flipped her phone closed and sighed. Now only the Maestro and Svet. As she thought of telling the Maestro she became concerned because of all of those involved he was closest to him. How could she lie to him about Gabriel. Even omitting the truth was lie to him and she knew it.

She went inside and sat on he bed leaving the doors open on the balcony. All she wanted was her city right now. She decided to call Svet first. Again she got her voice mail.

"Svet I am getting married. Continue with our plans for L-1, he left late this morning. Seraphina."

OCC Translation:

My darling, Sera, how have you been. It has been so long since we last spoke almost six years. In fact it was the last time you were here at the Villa.

Yes it has been a long long time Aunt. I am sorry for that.

Do not worry, my little angel, I know you have been busy teaching and with your work as a diplomat. So to what do I owe the pleasure of hearing the sweet Florentine accent?

I have wonderful news actually, I am getting married.

"Married? Congratulations dear dear child. SO tell me all about him. Where is he from? Which House? How old? What's his name?

I can only answer some of your questions because he is in the military and well you know how that goes. He is French and from a noble house, but that is all I can tell you, Bianca.

French and in the military, he cannot be all bad. I bet it would drive Sophia nuts if she knew.

She does I already called her. I felt it was best to get the most unpleasant phone call out of the way first.

Have you called Dante?

No Sophia is going to do it. I was going to tell him after I got back from my next mission, which I will be leaving for shortly

Of course my sweet. Duty is an Alighieri's curse. Our progenitor would be proud of you Seraphina Magdalena Alighieri, may he bless you with a son.

"Thank You Bianca, may I take that as your consent

Yes.

Thank you again. I have to go and finish my calls and pack. I will talk to you again when we have the date.

When you do let me know you can have the engagement party here and the wedding. You can make some happy memories of the place.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:28 pm

OCC: Assume all dialog is in Italian

Seraphina sighed heavily after leaving the message for Svetlana.

This getting married thing is going to get complicated

She said aloud to the city.

She thought back on what her parents had told her of their marriage. They had been very much in love though the marriage itself was arranged, but her father had told her he would never do that to her, and he hadn't. Her marriage to her late Fiancee Paolo had not been arranged but the entire family had approved of the Young Tuscan with an up and coming military Career. He wasn't from an old family but he was from a good one as far as the The Aunts were concerned.

She flipped her phone open and Dialed the Maestro's number directly.

After the phone rang for what seemed an eternity she was greeted by his kindly deep voice.

"Hello, Maestro Cavilli"

"Hello Maestro, I hope you are pleased with the restoration so far
."

It seemed and easy place to start as she summoned up her courage to tell him. The disapproval of the Aunts mattered less than that of the Maestro.

"Mia angelo, it is going very well I am quite pleased with what you have achieved. I can think of no better qualified person than you to take on such a project."

"Grazie Maestro, that mean a lot to me. I am honored to have been elected to do so
."

Her voice was trembling as emotions overwhelmed her. She feared he would be disappointed that she was leaving, and that he would be would not approve of her decision to marry.

As though he could read her mind he replied to her.

"Seraphina this is not a business call is it?"

"No, Maestro it isn't. I have a lot to tell you, do you have time?"

"Si, go on."

His voice was full of concern this woman was like his own daughter.

"I have diplomatic duties to attend and must take a hiatus from the restoration of the Medici tomb. It hurts me to do this to you and to Florence, but I have no choice."

She could visualize him nodding his head in a contemplative manner as he always did when things surprised him.

"Go, Sera. You are an Alighieri and your family has always had a sense of honor and duty. You uphold those qualities better than any other since you Progenitor."

His voice was devoid of anger or rage, there was on concern in his words. Tears came to her eyes unbidden.

"Thank you for your understanding, Maestro. I am sorry to do this to I will ask the students to send us both regular updates."

Her voice choked on sobs.

"Very well, Sera, that is a good Idea."

"There is more Maestro.
"

She stopped mid sentence waiting for him to tell her to speak.

"Go on, my child."

"I am getting married. I do not know when I was proposed to only last night."

He laughed heartily in her ear.

"You sound so somber for a woman who is getting married, mia angelo."

She smiled.

"Is he a good man? Do YOU love him?"

"Yes he is a good man, very noble and honorable, and yes Maestro I do love him with all of my heart."

"I am glad to hear that, very glad. I am happy for you and you have my blessing."

"Grazie Maestro."

"You no longer have to call me Maestro, cal me Renaldo. You are no longer my student after all
."

Seraphina stood slack jawed no one called the Maestro anything but Maestro. Such an intimacy frightened her, for for 10 years he had been Maestro.

"Si Maestro Renaldo."

"No just Renaldo."

"Si."

"I am truly happy for you and be safe on you mission, I know duty and passion call you. I was much like you once.
"

There was a hint of regret in his voice.

"Renaldo"

The name sounded strange in her ears and felt foreign on her tongue.

"You still are."

"Maybe, Sera, Maybe. But take care and be safe and I expect an invite to the wedding."

"Of Course, I will need someone to keep my family at bay."

They both chuckled.

"Be safe Sera."

"I will, Ciao."

"Ciao
."

She flipped the phone shut and stared out over the city in complete shock. Renaldo. They had always had a wonderful relationship he was so like her father and after her father died he had been one to her.

As she breathed she pushed as much sentiment from her mind as she could. She walked into her room and pulled the luggage out from her closet and from beneath her bed. She began packing her clothes. Every simple black suit she owned was carefully folded and placed into the bags. With each fold and with each pair of shoes or shirt or ties selected she grew more cold inside. She had begun the process of locking down her emotions. Eventually even thoughts of Gabriel were pushed from her mind.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dante Novello on Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:43 am

Arriving in Florence, Dante hops into a limo that drives him directly to Seraphina's apartment. He walks up the stairs and pounds on the door in a manner that reflects his burning anger.

Dante Novello
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:51 am

Absorbed in her packing and her plans she she was lost to the world, until a knock on her door shattered her calm. It was like the crack of doom as it echoed through her apartment. Her heart was racing. She breathed slowly and walked to the front door. Hiding the fear she opened the peep hole unsure of who would pound on her door so loudly. Infront of her stood the cold visage of Dante. Shit, she thought to herself as she opened the door.

"Dante."

Her gaze was full of a cool wrath. Her dislike for him quite plain.

"What brings you to Florence?"

She stood to the side and held the door open gesturing for him to enter. Once inside she closed the door.

"Would you like a Drink a Cousin."

She said as she tried to maneuver past him down the hall.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dante Novello on Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:05 pm

He looks at Sera darkly and then steps into the apartment.

"Yes, a drink would be nice Sera."

He stands in the hallway, barely able to contain his rage, waiting for Seraphina to lead the way.

Dante Novello
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:58 am

She shut the door behind them both and turned her back to him quickly. Her contempt for her power hungry cousin just beneath the surface of her face.
She walked straight to the kitchen and pulled two wine glasses from the Cupboard

"Merlot, and no it is isn't from your family's vineyard."

Without waiting for a response she poured two glasses of wine. She lifted hers and took a sip. Her movements were perfectly under control not betraying any of the emotions that she felt. This cannot be good she thought to herself.

"So, Dante, I assume this is not a visit for pleasure."

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dante Novello on Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:28 pm

He follows Sera into the kitchen and takes the proferred glass. He glowers slightly because it's not from the family vineyard, and drinks the whole glass in two long sips. He then looks at Sera's beautiful face and long hair. He feels a surge of anger, and tries to repress it as he talks.

"Remember how as children I would play house with you? We used to pretend we were married and would have children together. "

He gets down on one knee and looks up at Sera. His face relfecting the burning anger and desire deep within himself.

"Will you marry me?"

Dante Novello
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:58 am

Seraphina's eyes grew wide with revulsion. She set the glass down on the counter calmly, looking away from him, to calm her rage and abhorrence. The attempt failed. She turned and looked back at him her brown eyes full of anger and violation as she focused them intently on his cold and dead green eyes. The rage boiled with in her silenceing her for but a moment before she let loose with a tirade. Her voice trembled and was barely above a whisper, but her words dripped venom.

"Voi bestia ripugnante. Sapete come pure I che una tal unione è contro le leggi dell'uomo e del dio. La vostra casa era stata nobile una volta, ma esso è stata resa così basso quanto a per commettere un atto del incest!? Le vostre motivazioni sono per quanto siate giusti il più corrotto! Siete un insulto a voi familiy ed al mio anscestor di cui il nome sopportate!"

With the hand that had just set down the wine she slapped him hard across the face leaving a blotchy red impression of her small hand.

OCC:

You abhorrent beast. You know as well as I that such a union is against the laws of man and God. Your house had been noble once, but has it been rendered so low as to commit an act of Incest. Your motivations are most corrupt just as you are. You are an insult to your family and to my anscestor whose name you bear!

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dante Novello on Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:27 am

His hand slowly goes to his cheek, and the raging beast within raises it's ugly head. He stands up swiftly, and before Sera could respond, he picks her up, and throws her into the wall. He then grabs her wine glass, and throws it at her. It shatters on the wall above her head and the wine drips down her face like a trail of blood. He stalks over to her in his anger as he screams at her.

"Bitch! Come sfida voi calunnia me o la mia famiglia! Voi... che osate sposarsi fuori del nobility italiano! Siete l'ultimo della vostra linea e state andando sprecare quello su un francese?!"

As Dante screams at Sera, she jumps to her feet, terror etched into her eyes. She shrinks against the wall as his menacing form comes closer. She quickly pulls off one her flats and throws it at him, and hits him square in the nuts. He doubles over, screaming in his outrage and hurt. Sera sees this as a chance to try and escape. She darts for the door, but Dante was faster and grabs her around the waist, halls her back into the kitchen, and slams her head into counter. Her eyes glaze over from the head trauma and she slumps to the floor unconscious. The weight of her body pulls him down on top of her. He gets up, flips her over, his fist cocked to strike her if need be. He stares at her pale wet face, as blood runs in rivulets down her face and drips off her chin. The sight of the blood brings him back to reality of what he had done. He gasps, and gently lays her on the floor. He kisses her forehead, and with a deep shuddering breath, he runs from the apartment, leaving the door wide open, and disappears into the night.

OOC Translation:
You bitch! How dare you slander me or my family! You...you dare to marry outside the Italian nobility! You are the last of your line and you are going to waste that on a frenchman?!

Dante Novello
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:35 am

When Seraphina's eyes slowly flutter open the room is too bright fro her eyes to stand she closes them tightly against the light of the bulb. As she fades into consciousness her forehead pounding. Her face felt dry and sticky. Slowly she opened her eyes and stared upwards from the floor. Her entire body ached and it was agonizing to breathe. The world slowly came into focus out of a bright haze. Everything appeared doubly bright. As she pushed herself to a sitting position a wave of nausea over came her and her head began to spin. She almost fell back to the floor. Steadying herself she slowly turned her head. Against the wall there was shining mass of what looked like glitter.

"The glass"

She whispered aloud. Her voice sounded distant in her ears and made her head throb more. She licked her lips noticing a metallic taste in her mouth. She forced her eyes to look around. On the counter and the floor she saw congealing blood. Where the glass had shattered she saw more of a red sticky substance. Is it blood? she thought to herself. Her mind was still lost in a fog. She touched her forehead and pulled her fingers away red and sticky. She pulled her knees up and rolled over so that she was on all fours. The pain shot through her body rendering incapable of sight. She gasped a couple of time intensifying the agony. She began to choke as though she were going to wretch but she swallowed it. She lifted her head and looked around the kitchen everywhere there were signs of violence. Blood spatter Ont he wall, shards of glass everywhere, and a pool of Her blood on the floor. Phone where is my phone. She thought as she slowly remembered being in the bedroom that last time she had it.

Slowly she began to crawl out of the kitchen and across the living room floor. Her head aching, and her breathing shallow. As she crossed the living room a flash of what happened returned to her. She remembered Dante grabbing her by the waist and an agonizing pain in her head, white light then nothing else.

"Dante"

she gasped allowed, before she vomited. As she wretched the pain in her body almost blinded her again. She wiped her mouth with the back of her hand and smeared blood across it.

Slowly she found her way into her room. She sat down on the floor and ran her hands along the edge of her bed until she found her phone. She picked it up and dialed Set.

The phone wrang but once.

Svet's voice had the same distant and hollow sound the her own did.

"I am on my way."

Then she hung up. Seraphina stared at the phone perplexed as to how Svet knew. She assumed she blacked out on the phone. As she sat there in her room she kept reciting the descendants of Cosimo the great to stay awake.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Svetlana_Popova on Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:52 am

Svet arrives at Sera's apartment, pays the driver and runs up the stairs. As soon as she reaches the floor where Sera lives, Svet stops and looks around. She sees a door open down the hallway, and she runs towards. As soon as she crosses the threshold, her senses are assaulted with the smell of blood and vomit. She growls slightly, glances into the kitchen briefly and sees the chaos. With a snort she runs down the hall into the Sera's room. She stops at the door, looking at the bloody heap of a person sitting on the floor. Careful to try and maintain her cover she takes a deep breath and speaks quietly and with a coldness that shows her seething anger, but loud enough for Sera to hear.

"Dante."

She walks over to Sera, grabs Sera's keys from the nightstand, puts it in a pocket, picks up Sera all the while telling her not to speak, and that she will take care of her. She carries Sera out of the apartment, closes the door with a foot hoping that it will automatically lock. When outside she finds a cab and tells the driver to take them to the nearest hospital. The driver looks at Seraphina, his eyes get big and he looks up at Svetlana as she settles Sera into the car. Svetlana's eyes echo her anger, and the driver decides to keep his questions to himself. As he pulls away, Svet wraps Sera protectively in her arms and whispers in Italian with no Russian accent.

"lui pag per questo mio piccolo Sera, mio piccolo angelo. Pagherà..."

OOC Translation:
He will pay for this my little Seraphina, my little angel. He will pay...

Svetlana_Popova
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:20 am

Aware only of the searing pain and Svet's presence and the vague sense of movement as Svet picks her up and carries her to cab. She buries her face in Svets chest and begins to cry. Her shallow breathing making her sobs sound more like choking. Through the pain a fear materializes and a very rational voice breaks through.

"Svet, non conosco che cosa è accaduto dopo che abbia annerito fuori. Aiuto per favore."

WIth the last word darknes enveloped Seraphina and she blacks out.

OCC:

Svet, I do not know what happened after I blacked out. Help please

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Svetlana_Popova on Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:46 pm

Svet frowns slightly at what Sera said to her. She looks out the window of the cab as they speed up to the emergency room of the local hospital. She goes to pay the driver, and he shakes his head no.

"Questo è su me mancanza."

Svet nods her head slightly, get's out of the cab, turns and picks up Seraphina and kicks the door closed. She walks quickly into the ER demanding a gurney and for a Dr STAT. A nurse comes running down the hallway, sees Svet standing there holding Sera, turns and runs back the other direction. She comes back one minute later with a gurney another nurse and a Doctor in tow. She places Sera on the gurney and they wheel her into a trauma room. Then all the questions begin. She explains to the Doctor that an ex boyfriend had done this to Sera. The Doctor asks Sera's name, and Svetlana tells him Sera's name is Beatrice Lionade. She stands back quietly and watches the Doctor and his team work in a frenzy.

"Doctor? Could you please run a rape kit on her? Thank you."

With that said, Svetlana leaves the Doctors to do their work and walks out into the night air of Florence. She lights a smoke and whips out her phone. She stares at the phone for a minute and then dials Sophia's number.

"Ciao?"

"Sophia, è Alessandra. Sapete dove Dante è?"

"Sono impaurito che non Alessandra. Perchè chiedete?"

"Se vi sentite da lui affatto, selo metta in contatto con immediatamente a questo numero."

"Perchè? Che cosa ha fatto?"

"Giusto trovilo."

Svetlana hangs up on Sophia, finishes her smoke and heads back into the hospital.

OOC Translation:
Cab Driver: This one is on me.
Svetlana: Sophia, it's Alessandra. Have you seen Dante?
Sophia: I'm sorry I haven't Alessandra. Why do you ask?
Svetlana: If you hear from him at all, please contact me at this number.
Sophia: Why? What has he done?
Svetlana: Just find him.

Svetlana_Popova
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Svetlana_Popova on Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:06 am

Svetlana paces the ER's waiting room, wondering why it's taking so long for them to come talk with her when the Doctor walks out.

"Come è medico?"

He frowns slightly before he responds.

"Recupererà. Ha uno sbattimento, tre nervature rotte, un naso rotto ed ha dovuto avere 21 punto per il gash sulla sua fronte. Vorremmo mantenerli per le coppie seguenti dei giorni per controllare il suo sbattimento. Non colza. È stata spostata fino al terzo pavimento, stanza 319, se voleste vederli."

She nods and abruptly leaves the doctor and heads up to the third floor. She walks into Sera's room, sees that she is still asleep, sits down in a chair across from the bed, props her feet on the window sill and falls asleep.

OOC Translation:

Svet: How is she?
Dr: She will recover. She has a concussion, three broken ribs, a broken nose, and she had to have 21 stitches for the gash on her forehead. We would like to keep her for the next couple of days to monitor her concussion. She was not raped. She has been moved up to the third floor, room 319, if you would like to see her.

Svetlana_Popova
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.