Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

First Fight

a topic in Battle Arena, a part of the RPG forum.

A bloody repository for combat. Get your adrenaline fix here: start a fight, find a sparring partner, train, or just spend your time studying older matches. Don't forget to record the results of your fights in the Hall of Records!

First Fight

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightmare on Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:34 am

Okay honestly this is my first time in this section of Gwinig.net so could somebody help me?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nightmare
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saladin on Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:46 am

I will help you out!

What do you want to know? I will offer a general synopsis now, but should you have any other questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Well, as the name suggests, this is the area for battles and fights. Text based fighting is a rather large area that was an offshoot from RPing. In here, by it's very nature, all the fights are Turn Based. There is a good explanation about TB fighting here, Cattivo's Complete Guide for Forum Fighting.

I will admit that I don't know if you are familiar with how it all works, but if you would like, I will have a spar with you on here, and use it as an oppurtunity to demonstrate how it all works. Let me know if you want to do that, and I will get around to posting for you.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lord Saladin
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Holdesta on Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:55 pm

Basically you describe the fight as any other RP. According to your character and the laws of the universe you give, take, block and dodge hits. It is only fun if you allow yourself to get hit though. No one wants to play with someone who won't ever allow damage.

Holdesta
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightmare on Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:17 pm

I thought the Battle where differant here.

Nightmare
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saladin on Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:29 am

In what way did you think things were different?

Lord Saladin
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.