Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas » Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? »

Players Wanted: OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner »

Flax Knot and Larkspur

Flax Knot and Larkspur

a part of “Flax Knot and Larkspur”, a fictional universe by SnoweWoulf.

Eerie Sakura High has a secret: the student council is actually an organization of modern day ninjas. WANTED: Members of Recon Branch, Secretary, & treasurer.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Flax Knot and Larkspur”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Flax Knot and Larkspur

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SnoweWoulf on Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:32 am

Welcome, and thank you for taking the time to check out my RP!
Mercy is a human luxury... and responsibility. -Ahri

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SnoweWoulf
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Re: Flax Knot and Larkspur

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:40 am

Hello. I'll be submitting a character to this rp as I'm interested in joining.
If there is a signature here it is because the author probably forgot to disable it before posting.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zalgo
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lyysa on Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:43 am

I must say that this upsets me. You didn't get a spot in my roleplay and you go and make something that can be seen as a copy of it? Well that's not that nice, this is actually a complete copy of the original idea to Transformation. Can you explain why the you copied my roleplay?
Look alive, Sunshine.

Lyysa
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SnoweWoulf on Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:37 pm

I didn't try to copy your role play out of spite. I was inspired and you gave me a lot of ideas that I didn't want to just let die because I couldn't join yours. This wasn't intended to make you angry, in fact, I sat for hours thinking of ways to make it so that it wasn't a direct copy of your work. I actually based it more off of the anime "Medaka Box" which features a student council president who goes out of her way to help the people in her school.

However, I would like not to cause any more issues, so I will change the premise of my role play as well as the format of the character sheet (although, I believe you should know that I am new and was only using it as a reference.) I am truly sorry for offending and angering you. But, next time you have an issue with someone such as this, you should contact THEM via PM or chat to see what was going on first before complaining on the forums.

SnoweWoulf
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Felilla on Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:09 pm

I'm fine with ninjas. Not changing Romai's personality, but I'll give her some ninja skills. Like fan-wielding and hand-to-hand combat and other badass stuff.

I am me, myself, and only me.
I'm sorry, but that's all I'll ever be.
Don't try to change me
Or make me see
How to be someone that is not me.

Felilla
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SnoweWoulf on Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:12 pm

Cool. Thanks for sticking with it, Feli.

SnoweWoulf
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Buddywazzizname on Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:31 pm

Just dropping in to show interest in joining, whether you keep it as is or move onto a new plot.

Though, if I might add, I don't think anybody really has a patent on ye olde coming-of-age tales of self-betterment and friendship, so changing it because it kinda resembles someone else's idea is a tad drastic. Either way, though, I've got my eye on this; the original layout has gratuitous potential for heartwarming and the new one has freaking ninjas, so It'll probably be damned good fun no matter where you go with this. XD

Buddywazzizname
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lyysa on Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:25 am

@Buddywazzizname Yes I do know that no one has the patent on that concept, why this upset me was because one day after I had told SnoweWoulf that he/she couldn't get a spot in my roleplay because it was full this showed up. That was what made me angry, because I could really see the similarity to mine.

@SnoweWoulf Thank you for understanding. I didn't complain, I asked why you did this. And the conversation in my roleplay is because the other one asked. Well what I did edit away was not pretty and not something you want to see. I was really angry at you. Thank you again for the explanation, I appreciate it.

Lyysa
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:31 am

I do agree with Buddywazzizname that the change due to the similar structure is a tad drastic since every one of these RP set ups are by almost all purposes identical. It's the characters which set these rp's apart ultimately. One could set up the exact same scenario as another rp and the results for both rp's would vary wildly simply because there are different writers taking the story different directions.

I will not involve myself in the argument at hand as it's not my place to do so but I will say that as far as the direction for this rp is concerned while I could theoretically adapt my character to the ninja setting (Although converting him would take a metric tonne of work) I find the original setting much more suiting for the characters involved.

Zalgo
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SnoweWoulf on Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:04 am

In order to avoid further issues, I am going to change the premise of the RP. I'll try to set everything up so that you don't have to change your characters too much and when you make your character sheet, you just have to move a few things and make additions. I'm not quite sure how to really make the character sheet much different than it already is since the information on there is pretty generic, but I'll do my best. Please bear with me and give me time to set a basic introduction as well as the new character sheet before making any changes so that I can make sure you don't have to change too much. Thank you all for sticking with me. Sorry for the inconvenience on everyone who is involved.

SnoweWoulf
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Felicia_raptor on Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:57 pm

M-may I join. I promise to follow the rules I will review other people's character then I'm going to make a character then you can tell me if it's fine or not

Felicia_raptor
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SnoweWoulf on Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:19 pm

I'd love to have you join. It'll be a little while until I get everything ready, and we're in the process of changing from one premise to another, so the character sheets don't have everything they should just yet.

SnoweWoulf
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SnoweWoulf on Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:43 pm

You can go ahead and make a second character if you want, felicia.

SnoweWoulf
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Felicia_raptor on Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:26 pm

How May I help you? I can do almost anything from edits to well writing I write fan fictions a lot so can I help some how.

Felicia_raptor
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SnoweWoulf on Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:31 pm

I'll let you know if I have anything specific that I'd like your help with. Thank you :3

SnoweWoulf
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Felicia_raptor on Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:49 pm

Also I posted Kyle Hall not sure how this site works much so bare with me but I figure things out easily so yeah.

Felicia_raptor
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:59 pm

Seeing the recent change I suppose I shall adapt my character sheet to the new format.

Edit: Seeing as how no one has taken the position yet would you permit me to take up the "Head of Assault" role?

Zalgo
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RinSai on Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:17 pm

I'd love to join. I'll try to have a WIP submitted tonight~

RinSai
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Felilla on Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:24 pm

I think that Ro will be part of the assault team.

Felilla
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SnoweWoulf on Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:28 pm

Alrighty. Are you looking to take the position of Head of Assault?

SnoweWoulf
Member for 9 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!