Flight of the Banshee

a topic in Completed RPGs, a part of the RPG forum.

Contains RPGs that are finished.

Flight of the Banshee

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:41 am

OCC: if you want to join or learn more about this role play, please see the profile page in Discussion & Information.

IC: Hundreds of years in the future, mankind as spread across the stars. Humans are not alone any longer, their explorations have found other sentient beings. Mighty space faring powers struggle for control of planets and resources. In the recent past, wars have raged and planets burn to ash. Over the last few years, the fires of war have died down but the embers still linger. Pirates pray on civilian shipping and raid colonies on the outer rime.

John dozed in the captain's chair, on the bridge of the banshee. Stars moved across the monitor, as they passed in front of the forward mounted camera.the overhead light on the bridge were turned off and only the lights on the different panels glowed. The lights overhead came on dimly and John stirred.
"Captain" chimed the Banshee's computer in a light female voice.
"What?" said John, opening his eyes and sitting up.
"You have an incoming transmission from Earth," said the Banshee's computer. "From Imperial High Command."
"Now what do they want" growled john, "Isn't it enough I can't be in Imperial space?"
"Do you want me to ignore it Captain?" asked the Banshee's computer.
"No" said John, "Patch it through."
"Yes Captain" said the Banshee's computer. The bridge went quiet for a few seconds and then static came over the com.
"Hello John" came a mans voice from the com, "I hope your well."
"I am" said John, pressing down on the com button, "And who am I speaking to? You seem to know me but I don't know you."
"Ah" said the man, "I am commander Iraus Sutaius, head of Imperial Military Affairs."
"And what can I do for you, Commander" asked John.
"I have a little delivery I want you to make" said Iraus, "Theres a package on your current stop that I want you to bring to earth."
"Well thats a no can do" said John, "I have an outstanding warrant for my arrest in Imperial space."
"I can make that go away" said Iraus, 'If you do this little job for me."
"Whats the pay?" asked John.
"Ten thousand credits" said Iraus.
"Thats barely enough to cover the fuel and the lose of the job I have lined up on Nalth" said John, "make it fifteen and I'll do it."
"Twelve" said Iraus.
"Fine" said John, "And I'll be taking passengers."
"If you want to take passengers" said Iraus, "The you hire some crew and a guard."
"Thats pushing it" said John.
"You'll get to trade and get contracts in the Empire again" said Iraus.
"Deal" said John.
"Its nice doing business with you," said Iraus, "And I rather not have the package go through customs." The com cut back to static. John leaned back in his chair. eyes closed and smiling.
"Captain" said the Banshee's computer after a few minutes of silence, "If your going to sleep, go to your quarters. Rose isn't sleeping well."
"Right" said John, getting up and walking over to the hatch. after opening the hatch, John walked down the empty walkways of the Banshee, to his quarters. Opening the door quietly, John walked in. on the bed, Rose slept fitfully, tossing and turning. The tan furred Rheam, still wore her loose white shirt and pants. The bell on her collar chimed lightly as she moved. John pulled off his boots and shirt, then laid down on the large bed, his back to Rose's back. After a few minutes, Rose stopped moving and slipped into a light sleep. John followed a few minutes later. The Banshee continued through spaced, guided by the ships computer, heading for the planet Nalth, deep in Confederation space.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Re: Flight of the Banshee

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hutch on Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:37 pm

Captain Erick sat in the captains seat, in the captaining room, staring out of a side window intranced by the hundreds of stars with in his veiw. He was almost a sleep before a distinctive beeping sound alerted his full attention.

"Hello again, captain." Tanya, the pilots voice came trough the com. "Yes Tanya? What is it?" Erick asked knowing it was some matter of importance, or she would have waited for him to speak first. "Sir, its a fast freighter moving at nearly top speeds. It's approximately ten twenty minutes away."

"Bring up the credentials" Erick said rotating his chair around to the computer. Turning it on, instantly a image flashed across the screen, it read " Banshee: Pilot: N/A Crew: N/A Destination: N/A" Erick let out a sigh, before saying to his computer "bring up the com screen." Instantly another image flashed across the screen, this time it was a communications relay sheet. Erick filed in the needed frequency's and info to link up with the Banshee, "Hello Captain, this is Captain Frost of the Nerthan, Confederacy Military. May I ask you meet up with us at latitude 990 Longitude 110? according to the Cersus Planet Star space map. We will conduct a search at that destination and we will check I.D's. We remind you this is a Confederate Space zone, and disobeying will result in a warrant for your arrest." Erick said the words that he all to often said wich was pretty much daily.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hutch
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:56 pm

"Captain" chimed the Banshee's computer, waking John and Rose from their slumber.
"What?" growled John, not pleased at being awakened after just getting to sleep.
"There is a Confederation vessel requesting to search the ship and check IDs" said the computer.
"They give a destination?" asked John, sitting up.
"Yes" said the Banshee's computer, "latitude 990 Longitude 110."
"Tell them we'll meet them there" said John, getting out of bed.
The Banshee opened the link with the Nerthan."We will met you there." In his quarters, John put his shirt and boots back on, still rubbing sleep from his eyes.
"Outta bed furball" said John,looking at Rose, "We're having guests."
"Why do I have to go?" asked Rose, curling herself into a ball, "I'm not crew."
"Your the closest thing to a crew I have" said John, pulling ID papers for himself from a desk, "And because I said so. You know others would have punished you for talking back."
"Merrr" said Rose, getting out of bed and straighting her shirt. John pulled out Rose's ID papers and her slave papers, as well as the cargo manifesto. John and Rose walked down to the airlock, as the Banshee's computer changed course to head for their new destination.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hutch on Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:32 pm

Erick leaned back in his chair muttering "Excellent" before he spun around back to the window, absently saying to Tanya "Plot course for Latitude 990 Langitude 110." He knew he did not have to say it, Tanya had been working on the Nerthen for long enough to understand how Erick ran a ship. He went down the small plat form of the Captaining room to a small bunk, he would use as a place to get a quick rest, which wasn't that often.

"Captain, Captain! We've arrived." Tanya woke Erick from his light slumber. "Oh..why..Yes, thank you." Erick started, rubbing his eyes and combing his hair back down with his hand. "Any sign of the Banshee?"

"No captain so-.. Oh wait here a ship just anted radar range. Yes, it's the Banshee, should be on is in a minute." Tanya answer, Erick didn't bother saying anything else to her, she would know what to do. Erick sat back down in the captains chair turning on the computer and recalling the link with the Banshee. "Greetings again Captain, were sending a boarding vessel, and will be on board momently." at this point it would not matter if they changed their minds about the meeting all guns were concentrated, ready to open up at the slightest, uncalled for movement.

The boarding ship took off, and headed towards the Banshee, and hovered just outside of the connecting equipment. "Captain Frost here, I am required one last time to request permission before I board." It did not matter to Erick what they said he was going on either way, if they allowed him they could be smugglers who were trying to hide it by being co operating, If the did not well they quite obviously were hiding something.

Hutch
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:51 pm

John and Rose waited at the airlock. John tapped the com button. "Permission granted" said John. John then waited.On the wall, to the right of the airlock, the gun cabinet was unlocked. John's 8 gauge military issue combat shotgun sat unloaded, as were the twin 10mm handguns. Stacked in the Banshee's cargo bay were 20 crates of explosives, meant for the Mining Guild's operations on Nalth. The four cargo pods attached to the Banshee were filled with mining equipment, also meant for the Mining Guild's operations on Nalth.
"Captain" said the Banshee's computer, "I have missile countermeasures and a escape course plotted."
"That shouldn't be necessary" said John, "We have all legal cargo this time."

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hutch on Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:32 pm

Erick nodded upon hearing the message, motioning with his hands to the pilot to dock. They were hooked up in moments and were in the Airlock room waiting for the many wizzes, and pops, to stop signaling the release of pressure locks. It stopped with in a minute or two and Erick stepped out into the Banshee and folded his arms behind his back in proper military fashion.

Instantly he noticed a unlocked gun cabinet with three weapons unloaded, and the Captain, and a Rheamian, most likely a slave, but there was a possibility she was actually part of the crew. Erick smiled warmly to each of them and then said "Ah Hello again Captain, its good to see you face to face. Now if you don't mind I'll need your I.D's, and the creds for the ship, and any cargo that may be aboard."

Hutch
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:39 pm

"Here ya go" said John, holding out his Id papers, Rose's ID and slave papers and the Banshee's cargo manifesto. Rose tilted her head to the side and gave Erick a smile. "If you want to inspect my cargo" said John, "Theres some in the cargo bay and your men can get to the pods through the maintaince shafts."

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hutch on Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:19 am

((OOC: Hey Uhh So if the Package wasn't supposed to go through customs, it would be a unmarked one right? If not I'll edit.))

"Thanks a million" Erick said whistling sharply shortly after, a squad of Confederate Marines stormed passed Erick and the Captain, and the Rheam Erick looked over the papers to find the Captains name 'Ah, Captain John O'Keefe.' He said to himself, before handing the papers to a Marine telling him to search the ship for all of this, and other things.

"Well, this is all the crew then? You must ahve a pretty damned good computer system to run all of this, with just you two." He complimented. Shortly after the Marines returned, before it gave John any chance to answer, the Marine who took the manifest walked up to Erick and wisperd "Every thing is in order, but there was one unmarked package. A blue strong box, we didn't know if we should try to open it" Erick dismissed the Marine taking the papers back from him.

Erick simply smiled, and said "Everything checks out, we'll be in touch." He walked back into the boarding craft, but leaving a tracer behind.

Hutch
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:27 am

ICC: I'm on the way to pick up the package but that doesn't mean that there wouldn't be unmake containers on board

IC: "He does have a good computer" chimed the Banshee's computer, as Erick walked off the Banshee. John leaned slightly towards Rose.
"Go find out if they got into the Protectorate wine Nalth's governor wanted" said John in a low tone. Rose nodded and walk out of the airlock. John walked over to the gun cabinet and reloaded his weapons.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hutch on Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:47 am

It was not long before Erick was on board his own vessel again, once more looking out into the endlessness that is space itself.

He laid back down in his bunk 'nothing else should happen today' Erick thought to himself silently, slowly drifting to sleep. But once again some thing disturbed his peace. Once again it was Tanya "Captain, we are needed back at port. I can still track that package. But who knows if we'll have a chance to act if they show any suspicious activity."

"Ugh very well Tanya, lets head back home." Erick tried to sound displeased but he really did want to arrive back home and sleep in a real bed for once.

Hutch
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:59 am

John was locking the gun cabinet, when Rose walked back into the airlock.
"They didn't get into anything" said Rose, "Can we go back to bed?"
"Time to Nalth?" asked John.
"Six standard hours Captain." chimed the Banshee's computer.
"Wake us in five" said John, as he and Rose walked back to John's quarters. John and Rose fell asleep quickly as the Banshee got back on course.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hutch on Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:20 am

"Twenty Minutes until Docking, Captain" A electronic voice chimed in, through a speaker beside Erick's head. He sat up with a groan, and walked over the the captains chair, "Status, Tanya?"

"Every thing green captain, and that tracker on The Banshee, it was tracked to Nalth." Erick groaned, Nalth was a known smuggling haven. "Give me a moment, I don't think we'll be going home just yet." Erick pulled up the com screen again, and punched in the numbers for a General G.Rham "Sir, this is Captain Frost of the Nerthan speaking, We have been giving orders to return to bay, but we have traced a unknown box to Nalth, permission to pursue?" there was a long pause before the mans gruff voice said back "Granted. Have a good day Captain." with that Erick shut down the computer quickly messaging Tanya via radio, the new orders, travel to Narth, find the package apprehend the owner of the Banshee.

((OOC: Last post from me tonight, I can see its getting harder for me to crank one out, too tired. I'll be posting tomorow though))

Hutch
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:37 am

One hour from Nalth, John and Rose were woken. Rose went and started fixing a meal, as John when to the bridge. After a plate of eggs and ham, John hailed the Nalth space port.
"This is John O'Keefe" said John into the com, "Captain of the Banshee, requesting permission to dock." static filled the com for a minute or two.
""Captain O'Keefe you are cleared to dock with clamp five" came a male voice, "The Governor want to know if you have his delivery?"
"Thats a sure do" said John, "Banshee out." John slowly brought Banshee up to the assigned docking clamp. With a small jolt, the Banshee was docked. John walked down from the bridge to the airlock. There he met with a Mining Guild overseer.
"You the Captain?" asked the overseer.
"Yep" said John, holding out he cargo manifesto. the overseer glanced at the paperwork, signed it and handed it back to Join.
"Thanks for being on time" said the overseer, "The last joker they shipped with was over a month late."
"I do my best" said John, "The funds?"
"Right here" said the overseer, handing John a small strongbox.
"Thanks" said John, walking back into the Banshee. Outside shuttles attached them selfs to the cargo pods as John released them from the Banshee. A small party of workers moved the crates of explosives from the Banshee's cargo bay. After an hour at port, a small official party came to the Banshee's airlock. John greeted them with a smile and the blue strong box. "If the Governor ever needs anything shipped for him," said John, "Please inform him I am more then willing to help." one of the party handed John an envelope and they left. "Now" said John, after they left, "I have but to wait for my new cargo and maybe a few passengers."

ICC: alright, good sleep

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:39 pm

June paced in the dark hallway, grumbling to herself about late payments and untrustworthy employers. She had just returned from a scuffle with some pirate that had been carrying someone's father's clock, or something else of emotional import. Now, she was waiting to meet with the individual that had hired her...and they were late.
If she wasn't paid, she wouldn't be able to afford fuel to even leave the port, and she would be stranded until she found land jobs enough to get her going again. And that could take any number of days, weeks....even months. It wasn't a pleasant thought.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:49 pm

John sat in on the bridge of the Banshee.
"Captain" chimed the Banshee's computer, "I have posted a bullion for passengers on the port's news system. and a few job openings."
"Did you give details for the job?" asked John.
"Not many" said the computer, "Just a slight description of the guard work."
"good" said John.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:57 pm

S'varish walked down the hall. He hated the way the humans stared at him, the way they seemed to treat him as if he were a trained Gol'phat. He knew he was good and never had anyone who hired him regretted it, but the humans who had rarely seen one,thought of them as slaves, often telling their young that if they weren't good the Burer would come and kidnap them. S'varish chuckled. He would abduct them indeed for a price.
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:04 pm

June straightened, looking up as she heard someone approaching, then slumped a bit more when she realized it was a Burer. She was quite certain that her employer had been human. In fact, she couldn't recall a time yet when she had been hired by a Burer. Bad blood between races rarely led to a pleasant work environment.
"Evenin'," She offered as he approached. He probably wasn't here to give her money, but manners never hurt anyone.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:35 pm

S'varish noted the human female. By the way she carried herself she may have been the person offering the job. He started speaking and realized that he had to switch to the common human language "Hello. I am S'varish, I believe you requested some unique attributes in your job offering, I believe I can meet those needs." He bowed slightly and waited for her to speak.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:11 pm

As John waited for the package to be delivered, Rose walked up to the bridge.
"John" Asked Rose, "How will you explain having more crew if we get boarded again?"
"Well" said John, thinking. John tapped his fingers on armrest of his chair. He's eyes then brightened a little and a grin crept onto his face. "We'll get a little more cargo," said John, "Something worth a good deal of credits." John stood and walked over to a computer consul and tapped a few keys. "Ah" said John, "Heres what I need."
"What?" asked Rose, leaning over his shoulder.
"The Mining Guild wants a small shipment of platinum ore shipped to processing plate in Imperial space." said John. John tapped on the keys for a few minutes. "And its our job now," said John, with a chuckle, "The mine overseer changed his shipping order to us. it was going to be shipped with the Temperance."
Last edited by Irish Wolf on Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:19 pm

June stared at the man for a moment, blinked once, then chuckled, shaking her head. "Sorry, S'Varish. I'm not the one that requested crew."
But she paused, considering. Tilting her head slightly, she looked the Burer up and down. "But I guess I could always use reliable hands on deck. How good are ya with danger?"

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!