Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Former Allies - }{G Memories

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

Former Allies - }{G Memories

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Southern Wind on Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:18 pm

The shuttle's docking was enough to rattle the insides of anyone, not to mention for someone's first ride in at least twenty years...Well, it was over now, he had two feet planted firmly on the shiny steel floor of the Colony L1 Shuttle Bay. A short and stubby attendant ran up quickly, looking like he'd jus' stepped out of the imagination of some five year all too familiar with saturday mornin' cartoons.

The Attendant - Sir, welcome to La Grande Colony 01. How may I be able to make your stay as pleasureable as can be?

" Well, small fry, ya' can dig up this guy they call Sinful Soul. I hear he's go'in for some big job in the upper works."

The Attendant - Sir, we don't take jokes too easily. If you wish to meet Sinful Soul then you'll have to arrange a meeting with his faculty.

Look 'ere shit head, dig the bastard up before someone has to pick YOU up.

The Attendant - Y....Yes sir! Right away!

The scurrying of the attendant only added to his belief that he'd stepped out of this mornin's edition of Looney Tunes, which forced a smile out of him, the first in a good while..

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Southern Wind
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:40 pm

He lay back in his brand new leather chair with his hands behind his head and his feet propped up on the table. He had already made the neccessary preparations for the plans he had for the future events. Now it was just a matter of waiting.

He gathered the neccessary information to pinpoint the man who beckoned him, and a short while later his phone began to ring yet again. By now he had been pestered by several phonecalls from various people regarding his plans for the future, and it was beginning to bog down on him. Yet determined as always, he gathered the energy to draw up the phone one more time to his ear.

"Sinful speaking. Who wants to see me? What do you mean you don't know? Probably some critic... No no, bring him to my office. Might be good to meet one of these writers to boost my popularity in the polls. My driver should be there shortly, he will take care of it."
He abruptly hung up on the man and pushed a number to speed dial his driver. He conveyed instructions to the driver, and a few minutes later the driver was in one of the receiving bays holding a sign that had the same ship number as the one the unknown man had disembarked from. The driver would wait in the receiving bay until the man who he had come for arrived.
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Southern Wind on Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:47 pm

Wind stood there, his hands in his jean's pockets as the short attendant ran back up to him. Glad he didn't have to wait any longer.

The Attendant - There, over in the corner, Sinful has sent a driver for you.

Good, was wonderin' if ya' forgot 'bout me. Didn't wanna' have to remind ya'.

A quick turn of his heel and Wind was gone, leaving the Attendant standing with his hand extended. Money these days had been too hard to come by, inflation had ruined him over those lost twenty years. A quick nod from Wind notified the driver he was the one he was searching for. Before the driver could even turn Wind was already in the car. The driver, slightly startled by that then took his place in the driver's seat and sped away.

After a brief ride the car came to a halt at the front of a massive glass building. Wind opened the door and exited to go ahead and make his way into the building, leaving the door open and the driver shrugging. He makes his way, winding through the people to the place he was directed to go. He comes to a stop before the door to Sinful's office, his hand on the knob and turning it before an entrance, his speed halting as his eyes took in the full view of the man with the heavy cloak.

The Southern Wind
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:57 pm

He would lay resting in his chair in his relaxed position as he awaited for his visitor to arrive. When the door had opened, his set his gaze afixed on the man in the doorway. His surprise was only concealed by the shadow that hid his face.
"Derek? I thought you were...Gone. What happened?"

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Southern Wind on Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:12 pm

A quick whip of Wind's hand from his pocket revealed a S&W, aiming it over to the face of Sinful. His demanor as deadly as the weapon in his hand.

How do you know Derek?

The Southern Wind
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:29 pm

"Derek's" reaction, though slightly disturbing, hadn't caused much of a rise in him yet as he had assumed his old friend from the days of }{G was putting him through some kind of test to see if he had gotten rusty during their long departure.
"Come on Derek. You should know pointing a gun at me isn't going to scare me. Seems like every day that happened back in }{G. Heh.. I think I even have that old thing you gave us back in the day."
Not worrying about making 'sudden' moves, he slowly lifted himself out of the chair he was in and made his way towards a picture frame on the side of the wall. He tilted the frame off to the side revealing the old school hidden safe, though modernized with the newest in security technology. A thin beam of red light shot out from an optical lense on the side of the safe. He removed the gloves on his right hand just enough to allow his thumb to protrude out and press against a screen panel on the bottom right corner of the safe. He then quickly pulled his hand inside his glove as the safe let out a hydrolic hiss and shifted off to the side on it's own. Small, dim rope lights lined the inside making it's contents visible, though nothing of much monetary value was in the safe just yet. All that was in there were what looked like his old clothes from the }{G days and a few of his other possessions. He withdrew his old cloak from within the safe and as he did, he began hearing a constant rhythmic beep. Digging through one of the outer pockets of the cloak, he finally pulled out the }{G communications device.
"Hey, this thing is beeping. Heh, I guess it's so obsolete by now that it's malfunctioning now. Says there's a message from the old Pegasus ship. Heh.. Blasted contraptions bringing back this nostalgia. That old thing went down so long ago..."
He then threw his old cloak along with the communications device on his large modern day office table.
"On to a new future I suppose..."

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Southern Wind on Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:40 pm

Sorry pal, but you're sadly mistaken.

With his free hand wind reaches upwards to take the hat from his head, moving the shadow from across his face to reveal the younger one beneath it than Sinful had planned.

And that signal, is 'cause I accidently sent it. Now, I want you to tell me what happened to Derek, now.

The hand holding the gun continues to move with Sinful's movements before the thumb reaches up to pull the hammer back with ease.

Now, get to yappin' old man.

The Southern Wind
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:59 pm

He raises his right eyebrow towards this peculiar man. He leaned against the desk and stared towards this Derek-look-alike.
"Hrm, I thought you seemed a little too quick for Derek's age. I didn't see it first hand, but the word I received was that he passed away in his family cemetary back in Texas on Earth. Seems he let his heart go out. It's a shame, I guess he thought it was time for him to go. We all know he coulda had that ole' heart of his fixed, no problem."
By this time his gaze had drifted towards the ground as he began remembering times of long past where he had fought alongside Derek, and the fun we had torturing certain faction officials during the days of }{G. He quickly snapped himself back to reality as he tried to rid himself of the sorrows from his past.
"What are you then? A new prototype? I think I liked the way the old one worked. He didn't need to wave gun around to strike fear in someone. You forget you're in my territory now. You might be able to kill me if you were lucky, but even if you did you would never make it out of this room, let alone this building and colony alive with the kind of...Preparations made here. But that's more complicated business than I'd like to get into. Obviously we share a common interest here, Derek. And though you don't look nearly as gruff as the real thing just yet, you could pass for him yourself. Who are you?"

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Southern Wind on Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:05 pm

The hand lowers, placing the weapon back into it's holster as he lowers his head....

He jus' gave up.....Why......It doesn't matter...

He then snaps his gaze back upwards to the man, that same smirk that seemed so familiar makes it's way across the lips of a different man.

You say I can't make it outta' 'ere alive if I took you down? Sad man, It's funny, you believed in Derek's ability so much, yet you doubt his son's.

The Southern Wind
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:08 pm

The cab ride felt agonizingly long, though it probably wasn't more than 20 minutes, half an hour tops. Zhelir felt a particular sense of urgency to check with his old friend on this matter. When it finally ground to a halt, Zhelir paid him 100 credits and did not bother with change. He lepat from the cab and made his way toward the building.

Zhelir burst through the ground floor doors to the office building in which Sinful's office resided, his walk a determined one. I marched up to the secretary's ask, hoping she would recall him, had it not been more than two horus ago she saw him come in with Sinful.

"Ma'am, I need you to call up to Sinful's office and tell him Zhelir is here, and I need you to do it now."

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Southern Wind on Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:11 am

A rather long conversation ensues between the two. Pictures shown, memories told, and an ally gained.

Alright, I understand. I'ma make a comm call to L5 and announce that i'ma run and then i'll get back to ya'. Plus, you're puttin me up for tonight somewhere...;)....We'll talk tomorrow man.

With the replacement of his hat and another lit cigarette Wind makes his way to the door, yet stops before exiting.

By the way, name's Kaden, old man.

Another quick smirk and he begins to make his way out of the office. He turns his head to glance towards a random man as he passes. His suit made it seem that he musta' been someone important, or who knows, he may've jus' been an employee of the building. One thing he knew, he'd see this man again, somewhere down the road.

Wind makes his way out of the building and back into the car that was already called for him and steps inside, soon speeding away to a rather nice hotel for the evening.

The Southern Wind
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:34 pm

During the discussion, Sinful would give Wind a government pass allowing paid access to pre-selected high class hotels around the colonies. After the conversation, Sinful would wave a good-bye to his new found ally and make a mental note of his name, Kaden. Just as Kaden turned to make his way out, he received a call from the receptionist at the front desk. After a short exchange of words, he told the receptionist to send the man down in the lobby up to his office immediately.

While he waited for his next guest to arrive, he began quickly bundling the items of emotional importance he had drawn from his safe during the conversation with Kaden.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:02 pm

"You're cleared to-"

But the receptionist didn't have time to finish her sentence. Zhelir sprinted down the hallway and called the elevator, of which gave him a ride that felt longer than that of the taxi cab.

Zhelir damn near kicked the door to the office in.

"Sinful! Did yours go off, too?" He asked, holding out his com to explain his meaning. "I was on the shuttle to L4 and all of a sudden it recieved a signal from Pegasus, so I told the pilot to turn straight around, I had to know if it was a malfunction or not."

He cut off, awaiting his old friend's response.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:11 pm

He already had an assumption of what Zhelir was coming up for, but his paniced entrance had startled him nonetheless. He looked up from the belongings he was gathering as Zhelir barged through the door.
"Careful, that door is brand new! Yes yes. It's not a malfunction."
He then raised his old com back up aswell, the red light still beeping on the com.
"Derek was just in here... Err, well not Derek. Argh.. There's a lot to explain. Apparently Derek had a son named Kaden. Heh, he's a pretty ambitious guy. First thing he did was point a gun at me. Apparently he sent the signal out to us by accident. Take a seat... There's a lot to explain."
He motioned Zhelir over towards one of the two black leather chairs by the desk. He then went and took his rightful location in the large black leather office chair designated for himself. He then went through the process of describing how he met Kaden and what had happened. He also explained Kaden's prospect of becoming the leader of the L5 colony.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.