Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Freedom Has a Stiff Price...

a part of “Freedom Has a Stiff Price...”, a fictional universe by Commisar_Gaunt.

College, the wild part of persons young life. they try new thing, have no regrets, and stay up until the sun rears it head. Theirs studying of course but that was back in the 2000's. Now, it's only parties and war. [ALWAYS TAKING MORE CHARACTERS!]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Freedom Has a Stiff Price...”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Commisar_Gaunt on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:13 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Freedom Has a Stiff Price..."

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Commisar_Gaunt
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Freedom Has a Stiff Price...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Commisar_Gaunt on Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:01 pm

Alright, I'd like to have at least one other male character before we start, so try to get more people!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Commisar_Gaunt
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ali_rox96 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:46 pm

Can i reserve a guy chracter

ali_rox96
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ali_rox96 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:08 am

Oh, and i thought i better ask you first, would it be okay for him to be best friends with Jack and kind of like a second in command type guy?

ali_rox96
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Commisar_Gaunt on Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:26 am

Sure, there really isn't a 2nd in command, so that'll be fine.

Commisar_Gaunt
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AgelasticBoy9 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:55 am

Thanks for allowing me to join! I really like the premise for this RP. Can't wait till it really gets rolling.

AgelasticBoy9
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Commisar_Gaunt on Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:13 pm

No problem man, we needed more males and some survivors anyway.

But, the activity has really dropped off, so hopefully it'll pick up as posts come in.

Commisar_Gaunt
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RichterGotz on Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:41 pm

This looks very interesting, but I'm still kind of confused on a few points. I know I may be nitpicking, but I'm just trying to get a few things straight.

First of all, what is the world like? How are the characters able to escape detection when they are living in a rather large building in the future; when satellites and the government's technology is so advanced in the present day?

Secondly, what are these teens doing that warrants them being gunned down by Army Rangers? Are they like, a rebel army or something? Because they seem pretty well armed for simple runaways.

Is the world controlled by some kind of crazy Nazi(ish) regime that slaughters homeless people with military efficiency to make yummy meat pies for the rich? Because there was some kind of nuclear war that killed all the animals or mutated them or something?

This RP looks really cool, I'm really considering writing up a character sketch, by the way. I was just wondering about a few things. :)
"I have learned that Anger and Will, joined together, are the greatest Power. I have learned to meditate Anger and Will with clarity and precision, and I have learned to open the hidden reservoirs of Dark Side Power." ―Palpatine, from The Book of Anger

RichterGotz
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Commisar_Gaunt on Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:46 pm

Allow me to answer in your order of questions:

1. The World is incredibly high tech outside, but due to the Colleges being shut down so many years ago, they are in a sort of time bubble.

2. Technically, they are a rebel force to the eyes of the Government. They only are so well equipped because if they weren't, they'd be destroyed very quickly.

3. There was no nuclear war, but the Government is incredibly protective of its citizens, sorta like North Korea. No information may get to the public that isn't submitted through the Government.

Commisar_Gaunt
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RichterGotz on Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:02 pm

Aaahhh... I see! So we're like a viet-kong, French-Resistance to a Kim-jung-il type regime? Awesome, I'll start working on a character sheet here in a second.

By the way Commisar-Colonel, I heard about what your Ghosts did on Menazoid-Epsilon, good work. It must be difficult accomplishing anything with that bunch of rag-tag barbarians. I'm a Krieger all the way.

RichterGotz
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Commisar_Gaunt on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:48 am

It's Colonel-Commissar, just saying :p

I wouldnt call them barbarians, in fact the Tanith and Verghastites are more civilized and have more common sense than half of Segmentum Command.

Commisar_Gaunt
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!