Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A D&D freeroam.

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

A D&D freeroam.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fenestron on Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:06 pm

First off this Rp would entail a total of five maybe six players. As per the facts, this would be based upon the 3.5E system, however no so much on the concept of dice rolls, now I love rolling dice, but not when I'm writing, so anyone that joins this Rp would be expected to have the skill, competency, and humility to have their characters fail once in awhile. Also at the very begging of this Rp I intend it to be simple, roughly 5th level, so please no monstrous classes. Also If at all possible I would rather avoid everyone playing an evil alignment.

Now I did say this would be free roam, and I intend it to be, we'll all get the same setting, I'm thinking of a frontier fort, built on one of the larger and unoccupied peninsulas within a kingdom. The lardship would be paying for commoners to take up residence within this new fort as to help it grow. It would be the base for all the quests, coming from any dozen of sources as the fort would have land and sea access. Though that is open to change. From there you may do as you please, though we expect adventure to be common place. I'll admit in D&D I have a strange tendency to play as a craftsman, and I usually do build a shop much to the hate of my fellow DM, however it's still D&D so there always needs to be a healthy amount of adventure.

At the same time neither I nor my fellow DM ZombieChan51intend to strictly control the entire Rp, we will use our plots, quests, and cities when no one else has any ideas. Now if you don't intend to try and stick with the Rp for any length of time at least tell either myself or my afore mentioned fellow DM. Like I said we intend to only allow five or six in aside from use, so if one person drops out we'll call in someone new either someone extra who didn't get in right away or I'll open a role players search.

Now aside from the general D&D free roam the second half of this idea is that while I may use my personal plot, encounters, cities, and NPC's I would like all members to feel free to offer ideas as to adventures via the OOC then the group could decide on the idea and everyone could test out there own plot hooks and so on. Also I don't intend to really tag any theme or mood on this. Of Course adventure is key, as would be conflict, but they're not so much a theme. What I mean to say is that the story would be both grim and dark at times, as well as being light-hearted and funny at other moments all as the story entails. Almost Novel like in content.

However just to make this note, I have no major problem with romance in any of my Rp's, however as I said about the theme, all as the story entails. If it start to take up more time and space as anything else then I do have a problem with it as does my co-DM. If you add it in while we're out on an adventure or returning to town, or even at the local inn, and it remains in moderation, then no harm, no foul.

Anyways if I haven't driven half of the readers off with my very long and wordy interest cheek reply here and once we have several interested players my co-DM will established the tab. Then I will link it here as well as PM anyone who shows interest.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fenestron
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!