Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation »

Players Wanted: Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted »

Friends Like These

Friends Like These

a part of “Friends Like These”, a fictional universe by CharlotteV.

A group of teenagers who haven't been friends since elementary school are brought back together when people acquainted with them start dropping dead.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Friends Like These”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Friends Like These

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:00 am

"Friends Like These"

Hi guys! Thanks for taking interest in the RP

Okay, so here's the rub - all of these characters were friends at some point when they were younger. They aren't anymore. So you can get together with other players and decide specifics, or it can all come to play as we are writing.

Feel free to change the FC's!! You may also change their "weapon of choice, M.O" if you have something you like better - please just tell me first ^^

VICTIMS - This is at least one person that has already been found dead by the time the RP begins. This person has to tie back to your character somehow - not necessarily the entire group - because this victim is going to be the one that makes your character look just as suspicious as the others. That doesn't mean your character killed them, it just means it looks like they did. You get to pick this one.

Your character does NOT have to be a killer.

In fact, unless you feel very strongly about being a killer or not, I will PM you on your guilty/nonguilty status once your character gets finished. I'll most likely choose these at random.

The RP will be centered around the six teens trying to figure out if their friends are a killer or not. You're welcome to let your character announce verbally where they stand (or lie about it, even) but try not to give too much away in your actual posting. At least in the beginning. We'll get there people ;)

There will be other deaths within the story. At this point, even if your character was innocent to begin with, they can actually decide to start in with the others.

Here's a skelle if you need one - you do not have to use one.

Code: Select all
         [size=150]GENERAL INFO[/size]
                    [b]Full Name:[/b]
                    [b]Preferred Name:[/b] optional
                    [b]Ethnicity:[/b]
                    [b]Birth Date:[/b] optional
                    [b]Age:[/b]15-18
                    [b]Sexuality:[/b] optional

[size=150]APPEARANCE[/size]
                    [b]Height:[/b]
                    [b]Distinguishing Marks:[/b] optional (scars/tattoos/piercings)

REALISTIC PHOTOS ONLY, ANIME WILL BE REJECTED

feel free to talk about hairstyles, clothing, ect

[size=150]PERSONALITY[/size]

few good paragraphs

[u][b]Role:[/b][/u]

[center] [size=150]HISTORY[/size]
                    [b]Relationship Status:[/b] optional
            [b]Family and Friends:[/b] optional
                    [b]Known Languages:[/b] optional

brief history just to expand your character a bit

ANYTHING ELSE

[hr][/hr]
                     [/center]
Last edited by CharlotteV on Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CharlotteV
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: Friends Like These

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:09 am

Because it's 3am I am going to bed, but expect to see Jake soon!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CharlotteV
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kelsiikhaos on Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:20 am

I am interested in taking the role of the stoner girl. :D
La Dispute
It must be true what people say,
that only time can heal the pain.
And every day I feel it fade away, but-

kelsiikhaos
Member for 12 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miyer on Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:36 am

Hay I was wondering if I could take the prom queen???? Thank you >~<

Miyer
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:33 am

You guys are in ^^

Also, Jake is up if anyone is interested.

CharlotteV
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kelsiikhaos on Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:34 pm

Okay so I am trying to understand fully before I begin anything.
There is a spot on our character sheet for a Victim of our choice that somehow relates to the others?
Like maybe for mine it could be her old drug dealer/ex boyfriend who would occasionally sell whatever drugs to the others if they wanted to have a party or something like that.
Just an example to try to straighten my thoughts. (:

kelsiikhaos
Member for 12 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:48 pm

Yup that's perfect!!!

It doesn't particularly have to relate to the other characters, but that's a good idea to make it even more suspicious. The murders all look random, except they're tracing back to these six. So it's just important that the victim related back to YOUR character.

CharlotteV
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ on Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:06 pm

Hey CharlotteV good to see you again! Do you mind if I take The Artist but change his FC to Sen Mitsuji? I want to bring back Seth lolol. If not, I'm fine with making a new character (although the FC might still change)!

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Member for 8 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy World Builder Builder Inspiration Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:52 pm

Oh dude TOTES bring Seth back!!! -is an awful person and didn't even consider thinking of you guys- that'd be sweet!!!

CharlotteV
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ on Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:39 pm

Fantastic! I'll send him in tonight (:

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Member for 8 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy World Builder Builder Inspiration Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GrimBones66 on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:13 pm

Can I snag the angry one but change his face to Tyler Posey?

GrimBones66
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:47 pm

new reservations in ^^

CharlotteV
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:21 am

A note on victims
If you need help deciding on someone the top 5 murder victims are-
-Acquaintances
-Wife
-Girlfriend
-Friend
-Extended Family
(taking girlfriend out because we already have two significant other deaths)

Why do people kill?
-Prone to violence
-Hurt/Resentful/Traumatized/Vengeful
-Obsession
-Money

also, as the RP progresses, they can and will find more bodies ;)

CharlotteV
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby unicorns.are.real on Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:44 am

I'll reserve the charismatic one if that still open? :)

unicorns.are.real
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Tipworthy Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:51 am

He's all yours ^^

CharlotteV
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:45 pm

As we finish up with characters feel free to jump over to the relationships thread - there we will work on how our individual charas interacted with their friends, when and how they fell apart, and how they stand now.

This DOES NOT have to be worked out publicly (I.E, if there's something you'd like to keep secret feel free to PM whichever players that includes). You don't even have to work out anything if you don't want to - none of them have been friends for quite awhile, so it could make sense for it to be like meeting for the very first time.

Anyway, just something to do ^^ we've got three more characters waiting to come in and then we'll be posting!!!

CharlotteV
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:03 pm

There's an intro post up though I advice you not to read it yet - its missing valuable information needed from character sheets

CharlotteV
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:24 pm

Almost ready to start ya'll ;)

CharlotteV
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ on Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:14 pm

Glad to hear (: I'm excited to read everyone's profiles >___<

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GrimBones66 on Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:01 pm

Guys! I am sorry for the wait but I am working on him now and he should be done in an hour or so!

GrimBones66
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Giver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!