From Somewhere in the Darkness {Closed}

a topic in Anime & Manga, a part of the RPG forum.

For roleplay based around Japanese animations (anime) and comic books (manga).

From Somewhere in the Darkness {Closed}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxelestia on Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:31 pm

This is a private RP between me and Kagerou. Feel free to read, but please don't post, cool?

Ryuu sat in the shade of a building, trying to sort out why he hadn't been able to kill Sasuke. Was it because Tachi-danna hadn't been able to? Or was it because Sasuke was nearly an exact replica of Tachi-danna? Ryuu shook his head and consulted the tanuki in his mind.
"Shukaku?" he said aloud, and the One-Tail answered in his mind, Yes, boy?
"Why can't I kill Sasuke?" he mumbled, and Shukaku growled, seemingly annoyed at having to state the obvious, Because he looks like your danna. You loved your danna; therefore, seeing Sasuke froze you up and made you unable to kill the boy. You should have crushed him, as you crushed my previous container... But no, your love got in the way of your revenge.

Ryuu sighed and jumped up onto the roof of a building. He didn't know where he was, but he had come here in the hope of sorting out his thoughts. His seventeen-year-old eyes raked over the landscape, then zeroed in on one of the ninja headbands. A leaf? It was familiar. He reached into his shirt and pulled out Tachi-danna's headband, and realized this was Konoha, the village Itachi had ruined himself to save. Ryuu heard Itachi's last words echoing in his head: 'Protect the village from Sasuke- he wants to destroy it... and that cannot happen.'

Ryuu would make good on his promise to protect the village... but he couldn't do it with just him and Shukaku... He needed allies.
so go, now, find yourself
you're selfish, condescending

you and me are now

forever

forever

so go play god
in someone else's life

'cause you and me are now

forever

forever dead

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nyxelestia
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: From Somewhere in the Darkness {Closed}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kagerou on Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:20 pm

(I'm going to think it's day... xDDDD)

Walking down the lit streets of Kohona, Uso Sako sighed. It was so boring now-a-days, especially for a girl of 15. Her dark brown hair was grown out to her lower back, currently down because she wasn't on a mission today. She was on her way to get something for her family, but as Sako arrived to the shop, she forgot what she needed. "This is why they should send out Satoshi instead..." she mumbled to herself, looking around with light hazel (blue-green) eyes. Her headband was used as a belt at the moment, it changes almost every day. Wandering out of the nearest exit to the village, Sako sat down by a tree.

"What to do, what to do?" she asked herself. She wasn't a child anymore, she couldn't just randomly go out and start playing a game. Maybe something would come along soon...
Hey, that's a post!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kagerou
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxelestia on Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:40 pm

Ryuu hopped off the roof and landed in front of a shop in a crouch. Hmm... No, he needed nothing right now.

He walked calmly along, hoping to see someone important, like the Hokage, but inside his head Shukaku said, Why would the Hokage be ot in the open? Ryuu knew what Shukaku was getting at and smacked himself in the forehead.

"Of course! I'll have to figure out a way to talk to him, Shukaku...." he mumbled, getting more than a few freaked-out glances on his way out of the village.

Nyxelestia
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Reaslu on Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:39 pm

INTERRUPTING POST! :3

Yeah, I know I'm not supposed to post, but I did. So, BLEH! :3
imahugefaggotplsignorethis.

Reaslu
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kagerou on Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:45 pm

(I lost my post TWICE NOW. -.-)

While Sako was sitting by the tree, she randomly looked over back at the Village exit, and saw someone she didn't reconginze at all. Having a very shy nature, the girl automatically tried to find a spot to hide. She first thought the tree she was by would work, but she soon found out it wouldn't. She got up looking around almost desperate. She was looking for a space under a bush or anything that would hide her. She was heavily blushing, as she always does when she meets someone new. Sako was so flustered, she wasn't paying attention to her backside, and she hadn't noticed how much progress the person made. She noticed almost too late, when she heard him talking to himself...but it didn't seem like he was talking to himself.

Kagerou
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxelestia on Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:02 pm

</3MrEmoMuffin</3 wrote:INTERRUPTING POST! :3

Yeah, I know I'm not supposed to post, but I did. So, BLEH! :3

(You silly Muffin.... God, I love your name. I could almost say I randomly love you, but that would be awkward.)

As Ryuu quietly walked along he did a rapid transformation jutsu and turned into a small tanuki. He padded forward and curled up under a tree, infinitely more comfortable in that form.

There's another here with us, Shukaku said, and Ryuu knew it too. He sniffed the air, and lingering nearby, he sensed a female presence. A human female too... HE never interacted with one, really, so curiousity (or however the hell you spell that) got the best of him.

Ryuu got up from his place in the grass and nosed the girl's ankle, who hadn't seen him transform, hopefully.

Nyxelestia
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kagerou on Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:02 pm

...(I thought I posted. O.O)

Sako almost screamed when she felt something on her ankle. She looked down, and was relieved to just see a tanuki. "Oh hey, little guy. Where did you come from?" She crouched down, reaching out to pet the animal, but did not. Sako always had a soft spot with things she thought were cute. Remembering why she was scared in the first place, she looked back up. "There was his one person who I was curious about...I wonder where he went..." Sako looked back down at the tanuki. "Did you see him?" she asked him.

Kagerou
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxelestia on Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:04 pm

(Well, ya didn't.)

Ryuu thought, Curious about me? I'm nothng special... He swished his tail and dashed in a circle around the girl's legs, trying to understand the odd scent she had, sort of soft and nice, and not rough and musky like Tachi-danna or sharp and mean like Sasuke... Ryuu shook his head when she asked him if he'd seen himself, and it was true. It had been a long while since he'd glared into a mirror... He stopped running, then put his front paws on her leg and sniffed at it, then looked up at the girl. Ryuu said, in his normal voice, "Why the sudden interest in the boy? He en't nothing special." His brown tanuki eyes glinted, and his tail continued to swish back and forth.

Nyxelestia
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kagerou on Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:18 pm

Sako watched the tanuki until he talked. "Why the interest?" she asked again. "Because he's new around here, and since I am young I still have a curiosity about things...He seems a bit different than the people around here anyways." She smiled a bit, and sighed. "I really need to find something to do...I'm off duty today-" She remembered what she came out for in the first place. "OH! I needed those flowers for mother...." Sako looked back at the tanuki. "Do you have a name?"

Kagerou
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxelestia on Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:24 pm

"He's not from here," Ryuu said, "and my name's Ryuu. Me and that boy, we're one and the same, too. S'nice to meet you."

Ryuu scampered off behind a tree, transformed back, then walked back, fully clothed. He held out his hand and then muttered, "Shukaku says hello... But not really in a nice way. I'm censoring a lot out."

He shoved his hands in his pockets and said, "So... Flowers. What are they for?"

Nyxelestia
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kagerou on Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:31 pm

"Oh!" Sako exclaimed, getting up and blushing. "Shukaku...ahhh, I remember now." She took his hand and shook it briefly. "The flowers are for my mother. Although she is sick, she still makes herbs...Would you like to help me find them?" The girl sounded hopeful, but she knew that Ryuu probably had better things to do than to help someone find flowers. "I could always just buy them, but I like to find them." Remembering that he was sniffing her alot, she asked, "Is there...any specific reason you were smelling me just a little bit ago?"

Kagerou
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxelestia on Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:36 am

"You.. know Shukaku?" he nodded understandingly, and said, "Sure, but I've never seen flowers before. You'll need to show me some so I can know what you need."

Ryuu shrugged and mumbled, "You smell different. Not musky like my danna. You're... a girl, right?" He wasn't sure about the girl (whose name he still didn't know) being truly female, but he meant no offense by his questions.

"I've just never known women, or anything of the female gender at all. I hope you're not offended by my question..." He trailed off, hoping she'd fill in her name and not run away from him.

Nyxelestia
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kagerou on Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:38 am

Sako was a little startled by his questions, but answered them one by one.

"Yes, I am a girl...I can see why you're so curious then..." She then heard that he didn't know her name. "OH! I'm sorry! I always forget that...My name is Sako Uso. Just call me Sako, alright?" She turned quickly, looking around for the flowers. They weren't that hard to find, so she got a few pretty quickly. She came back and showed them to Ryuu. "These kind." Sako said, letting him look at them. They were a spotted pink white flower, and Sako's mother's favourites. "They are pretty common in these parts, but I feel a little lonely getting them by myself..."

"You don't have to come long if you don't want to, Ryuu. It's fine if you have better things to do."

Kagerou
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxelestia on Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:30 pm

"Alright... Sako," Ryuu said, the name unfamiliar on his tongue. When Sako came back with the flowers, Ryuu took one and sniffed it. It smelled nice as well, and he commited the scent to memory. With a last glance at the flower, he pressed it to his lips and ate it, chewing it slowly.

"It's fine, Sako," Ryuu laughed, "I've got nothing better to do than talk with Shukaku, and frankly, that just bores me!" He licked his lower lip, unconsciously savoring the taste of the mysterious flower. He didn't know what it did- he was just hoping it wouldn't kill him.

Nyxelestia
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kagerou on Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:50 pm

Sako came up really close to Ryuu, gaze fixed on his lips. "Did you just eat that flower?" she asked, somewhat freaked. Not enough to make her bolt, the girl was just surprised. "Those flowers aren't harmful...So come along. We have to go deeperinto the forest to find more of them." Sako grabbed his wrist, pulling him along with her.

Once they reached the area they needed, she let go. "They're somewhere around here, I'm sure of it." She was more positive when she saw a couple of patches of them. "I only need a couple of bundles...enough to last us a while anyways...You can go look over there, Ryuu." She jerked her head to the right as she crocuhed down to pick the flowers.

(Ryuu must be sooooo happy. xD)

Kagerou
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxelestia on Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:10 pm

"Ummm... yeah?" Ryuu said confused. "Was I not supposed to?" He was relieved when he was informed they were not harmful, and was a little shocked at the softness of Sako's hand as his wrist was grabbed. As he was pulled along, he clarified, "Sorry, Sako, it's a habit... When I was given or shown something, before I came to be here, it was meant to be eaten."

Ryuu repeated, "A couple of bundles..." then did a Shadow Clone Jutsu, and two more Ryuus appeared. Ryuu quietly instructed the clones to gather as much of the flower they all could taste and smell as they could, and then bent down and began to pick, his clipped black hair moving in tandem with him. His lean muscles rippled under his clothing, and his reddish-black eyes remained fixed on his target: the little flowers.

Nyxelestia
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kagerou on Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:50 pm

Sako put her picks in her bag for now, moving on to a new spot. She glanced over at Ryuu, he was looking like he was going to kill something. She never said anything though. She hummed softly as she found more flowers. Eventually, she had forgotten about Ryuu's presence. She almost dozed and fell n her side. "Bah! No more staying up late for me..." She looked over at Ryuu now, now actually taking in his apperance. He was trained, that was obvious enough. Now who did he remind her of? Sako hadn't noticed that she was flipped onto her stomach and basically staring. Red eyes, and black hair...come on, she had a name! Where was it?

"...Was it...Sasuke...Uchiha? Or Itachi...Uchiha?" she said aloud, just innocently letting her thoughts out.

Kagerou
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxelestia on Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:15 pm

"It was Itachi." Ryuu said, not stopping his picking of the flowers. "Itachi Uchiha is my everything. I... came from him, essentially, but he is not my father. It is complicated, Sako."

He continued, "I could never be from Sasuke- I want to kill him. Itachi, my danna, gave me life and strength... and his power... when he died. Before him I was nothing more than a body with a tailed beast within, but after him, I became this. I am not Uchiha, but I am as well, thanks to Itachi-danna." Ryuu's eyes morphed into a Sharingan, and then back, but he continued to pick the flowers. When he and his clones were done, he put down all the flowers in a neat pile and picked one last flower. Dismissing the clones, he ate the little flower, his sharp teeth cutting it to pieces before he swallowed. Still, he didn't look at Sako, choosing instead to glare at the earth.

(Ryuu's like, a Replica, sort of...)

Nyxelestia
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kagerou on Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:38 pm

(:D Ryuu's first hug from a girl! :D)

Before she knew it, Sako was already by Ryuu's side, and she wrapped her arms around him. "I'm sorry for bringing it up, Ryuu...forgive me." She let go, gently picking up the flowers and put them in her bag. "Do...you have a place to stay tonight?" she asked him, the blush returning to her cheeks. She didn't look anywhere near his face, instead she looked down at the ground. "Also, y the way...thank you, for helping me find these...you didn't have to and...you're not supposed to eat them..." She kept talking and talking, that's what she did when she was nervous.

Kagerou
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxelestia on Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:34 pm

(actually, his first ever. he hugged Itachi, but that doesn't count because Itachi was dead then.)

"No, it's fine," Ryuu mumbled, feeling a mysterious fuzzy feeling in his body while Shukaku purred in his head. Surprised, Ryuu said,"He's purring. And no, I don't have a place. Since people around here seem to consider tanuki lucky, I turn into one and sleep on windowsills."

"I don't care if I didn't have to help you- I wanted to. And I don't give a damn whether I'm s'posed to eat the flowers or not. It's not like I've eaten for a while..." A rare tear dripped from Ryuu's eye, because he didn't exactly want to have to talk anymore. Not about that

"Sako, I'm sorry... I do not touch you for fear that I may taint you... For my hands have committed acts of horror my hands cannot justify, and I know in my heart I will never find redemption. What I have done, time cannot erase. It has been carved into my mind for all eternity." Ryuu moved away from Sako, away from her warmth and away from... something he felt he needed.

Nyxelestia
Member for 10 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!