Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

From the Depths of Lore

From the Depths of Lore

a part of “From the Depths of Lore”, a fictional universe by Cheru-Chu.

There exists a country created by human folklore. Where magical creatures and horrific monsters roam its ever changing countryside. But now a new story is being told about a book with the power to set these creatures free from myth; if they can find it.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “From the Depths of Lore”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: From the Depths of Lore

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheru-Chu on Mon May 12, 2014 11:08 am

O.o *blinks*

*looks at Eir*

*Eir blinks*

*I smile*

*she walks away*

*I cry*
"If it's the thought that counts, I should probably be in jail."

ImageImage

\( >3< )/

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cheru-Chu
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby girlwt on Mon May 12, 2014 12:22 pm

I think you guys are scaring me.

But the idea of those awkward moments seem completely hirlious
There is a sacredness in tears....They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition and of unspeakable love.

Washington Irving

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

girlwt
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Mon May 12, 2014 12:56 pm

Kazumi, the boy who looks like a beautiful woman, crushing on ANYONE.

Kazumi: *blushes* R-really? Y-you l-l-like me? *blushes redder*

Anyone else: *blushes*

Shishio: *dies laughing*
Peace. Love. Life. You've only got one run, why waste it?

XShishioX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Mon May 12, 2014 2:29 pm

@aaron: Yes, and the Traveler would have absolutely no idea how to cope with a strange person actually taking such interest in her and, you know, not hating her guts. Then when she finally did warm up to him, things would totally reverse and she'd be the manic one annoying him! :D

Niji: LOOK! CLOTHES! :D

Traveler: 0.o

---A few days later---

Traveler: Ooh, what's that thing? And that thing? Ooh, look, food! YUSSSS DELICIOUS FOOD. :3

Niji: 0.o

Feyblue
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Igari on Mon May 12, 2014 7:18 pm

Kazumi-->boy who looks like beautiful woman
Chróma-->boy who is relatively androgynous

//perfect match Aw, and looking at Kazumi's character sheet, both he and Chróma did the same thing--pretend to be bellatores.

We are messing up the gender norms. We defy standards. We are automatically good people. I support anything we do from here on out because it involves awkwardness and hilarity.

I now ship Niji X Traveler 39%. Because their interactions would be hilarious.
I now ship Midori with herself 45%. She could just draw herself on a strawberry and life would be perfect.
I now ship Kazumi X Chróma 35%. No one would know who the man or woman is... and it's lovely.
I now ship everyone X RUN THE FUCK AWAY FROM AIMA. <3

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO US, QAIDA. NONE OF US WERE TALKING ABOUT THIS UNTIL YOU BROUGHT IT UP AND NOW YOU HAVE ME SITTING HERE, AT THE COMPUTER, SHIPPING OUR CHARACTERS. FFFFFFFFF.
I fell into that purgatory between waking and dreaming, the transient space existing between conscious and subconscious. It was beautiful... ephemeral. And I could not help but wish to stay forever.

Igari
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aarondalea on Mon May 12, 2014 8:29 pm

@Feyblue: Oh, oh no. Oooh no, I can advocate for Niji that he shall be jumping around singing about food with the Traveler as well, probably. Probably. Depends on what mood he's in hahahah :D

And yes Qaida, what did you create ._. everyone's considering ships now when all of our characters are just...unshippable? Un-ship-able. Un- bah. Everyone is just so androgynous and feminine looking, or just uninterested with love and here we are forcing our characters together...

It's like we're all forcing our characters together while muttering: "Now kiss."

@Igari: Hahaha! Only 39%? Persoanlly, I don't ship them romantically, but I do very much like the idea of forcing the two of them together. Hahahaha Niji and Traveler would probably be comedic effect after the two of them get to know each other for a while :D
ImageImage

aarondalea
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheru-Chu on Mon May 12, 2014 9:05 pm

...Is the shipping over? Or should I return to my bomb shelter?

Anywho, sorry for the delay on character responses. I should have all of my analysis done sometime tonight - some may be pretty late - but I refuse to sleep until I have them done.

If by tomorrow you notice I haven't pmed you about your character - tell me I probably missed it or didn't realize you had completed it (if you sent in a WIP first).

Can't wait to get this thing off the ground!

~Cheru

**EDIT: Also - once I get feedback from you guys (after you've received my pm and such) I'll start accepting characters. I'll be doing a lot of it tomorrow (or today since it's technically really early here... ._.) so look forward to a sudden mass of character appearances tomorrow - lol. (Unfortunately, if you have submitted a Noxi it probably won't be until late tomorrow night as I am still waiting on a response from someone who expressed interest earlier). Plus, Noxi prefer the dark anyways ^-^
Last edited by Cheru-Chu on Tue May 13, 2014 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cheru-Chu
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Mon May 12, 2014 10:53 pm

I agree. They totally have to meet up and hang out. As for romance, well, whatever happens happens. I'm not about to start plotting any romantic ships until stuff is become happen. If things lead that way, great. If not, then we'll just see how things turn out.

Feyblue
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Tue May 13, 2014 12:29 pm

I agree @Aaron. While shipping is hilarious, and it brings me great joy, I don't think that we should predetermine who will love whom. It makes no sense. That's not how real life works out, it shouldn't be that way in Nominum either.

As for character acceptance, that's cool @Cheru. I'm not quite done yet anyway. Between work and school I'm still working on my history and relationships sections. I'm sorry I'm taking so long. Although, I do want everyone to feel free to take a peek at my CS. It's quite the good time in there. I'm slowly integrating character quotes into my CS and it's hilarious or at least I think it is. XP

Lastly, we've got lots of Andro-dudes, and a bunch of ladies, however, there aren't many straight up Manly men, other than Zyre. Since I'm not done making mine yet, and Kazumi hasn't been accepted yet, I would be willing to switch and make a new, more masculine, character if such a thing might be preferable.

Just lemme know.

XShishioX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Tue May 13, 2014 1:37 pm

*looks at Zeke*

*cracks up laughing*

oh my gosh my character is just a baby boy *huggles* don't worry he could go up to be manly! not likely

sorry guys I'm just creeping back here, going through the messages but never really saying anything...

CharlotteV
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Siryn on Tue May 13, 2014 5:00 pm

*bows deeply* My sincerest apologies for starting that one unintentionally >.>

*whispers to Igari* : you forgot Zrye.... -.-

Although you're probably right about Midori. She could draw herself on a strawberry and be totally love stricken XD

I do have to say I agree on letting things happen as we go along :) I find it much more fun that way I think. Though I've done pre-determined before too and those are fun too. Still, I like the mystery of it all ;)

Anyhow!!!! >.> I just took a look at the characters and have to go read through them now :D Yay!! More characters ^.^

... Zrye... is manly? *thinks for a minute* Yeah, I guess lol XD He looked rather 'bishi'-ish to me though hahaha XD I guess his personality makes up for it hehe ^.^
There is Magic all around, you just have to look to see it...

Siryn
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Igari on Tue May 13, 2014 5:40 pm

WHO NEEDS MANLY MEN WHEN WE HAVE CHILDREN, WOMEN, AND ANDRO MEN?

Ahaha, well, I personally like it. It makes a wonderful statement about the world and I feel like we could actually think of a plot or story reason as to why the residents of Nominum aren't very manly looking... of course, Shishio, you could change Kazumi, but I liked him the way he is right now. Change feels almost dishonest to the character and no reason to alter someone based on a need that might not even be there.

And you're right, Qaida. I did. I was saving Zrye for myself :c He was so good looking, I just knew we were MADE for each other, mmmmmmmmmmm. //rubs her hands together with a cackle

Totally, you guys. I never plan ships, but I enjoy thinking of hilarious situations. Naturally is ALWAYS the best tactic.Ohhhhh, I'm so excited. Now to read the new character sheets...

Igari
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Tue May 13, 2014 7:01 pm

Hmmm...

I do agree with you @Igari because, let's face it, Kazumi is too cute to change. I'd miss him too much. However, I'm still thinking I'll restructure Kazumi a little bit. As it currently stands, Kazumi is just too plain nice to ever want to fight someone, or use his powers at all.

Therefore, and now we come to the fun part. I'm thinking of turning Kazumi into a split personality Yandere, in which his weird traits are all in the Yandere personality, which only comes out in specific conditions, sort of like your typical Jekyll/Hyde transformations.

This allows me to keep the super cute and moe Kazumi as the dominant personality, and then, whenever his life is in danger, and Kazumi would need fight someone, his Yandere side can swoop in and save the day like a badass. In this way, Kazumi's other side can be manly and weird, if not straight up sadistic, fulfilling my desire to see at least one character who's the dedicated manly man.

Thoughts?

XShishioX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Igari on Tue May 13, 2014 9:16 pm

Well, I'm a little hesitant about a split personality--because that raises the question, will that side always emerge? Are they two binaries and each have separate memories? Is Kazumi (the dominant side) aware of the change and does he allow it to happen? Can that side be triggered by something else besides life endangerment?

It might be interesting if the two sides had different memories--i.e. blacked out when the other side was dominant. It would effectively create two different people in the same body with different thought processes. I'd recommend working on understanding what causes the trigger switch to another side--beyond just life endangerment. Maybe Kazumi can even call it out when he needs to fight, who knows?

I'd recommend looking into personality disorder--that might provide some ideas. You know your character the best and whatever he tells you is up is the best choice to make. I am willing to bounce ideas off with you if you want c: Good luck, Shishio!

Igari
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Tue May 13, 2014 9:50 pm

Some of my favorite characters ever have had split personalities and they kind of basically rock if they're done right. Especially the way Igari was saying about having basically two characters. Or not. Even if they shared the same mine and were aware of each other it'd still be facinating.

I know myself and our lovely owner are both psychology majors so I'd be more than willing to help!

CharlotteV
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Tue May 13, 2014 9:51 pm

I was thinking that life endangerment would be the best way to handle that split personality. The, "Inner," Kazumi only comes out when the, "Outer," Kazumi can't handle the violent situation that is unfolding before him. Theoretically this, "Inner," Kazumi could come out whenever the, "Outer," Kazumi witnesses something too brutal or grotesque for him to handle, but I'm thinking this would only happen during threatening situations, unnecessary violence, and other instances that are just too brutal for the sweet, kind-hearted, "Outer," Kazumi to handle.

I'm basing this off of a PTSD triggered memory-repression type of situation, in which overly brutal acts of violence directed specifically at Kazumi, not anyone else, are the trigger. I wouldn't want the, "Inner," or the secondary, personality to come out just willy-nilly is the thing. The, "Inner," Kazumi has the potential to be Mary-Sue strong, so I sought to balance that with the weakness, and kindness of the, "Outer," Kazumi. Obviously this presents a threat, because let's face it, no one likes a Mary Sue. However, by using particularly grotesque, mind-breaking, brutal, and violent situations as the trigger, which hopefully won't be happening very often in this RP, I can put a strict limit on when Kazumi is in Bad-Ass mode and when he's in Moe mode.

I expanded on the separate memories bit in my CS, but you do bring up a good point. As you can see from my CS, Kazumi's creation of a secondary personality was triggered by an intense trauma from his past. The dominant, cute Kazumi has no recollection of his previous self before the second personality was created, that he even has a secondary personality, that he has powers or how to use his powers, and that he is an Alchemehr.

I just adjusted my CS, take a peek for more details, then tell me what you think.

XShishioX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Igari on Tue May 13, 2014 10:13 pm

Hmm, alright, I read it all through. I have a few comments:

The first, yes, blackouts work in this scenario. It keeps them both separate and I find it interesting that the Inner Kazumi is conscious of the Outer self (and consequently dislikes him). The Outer self can use the blade, so he isn't completely defenseless...

My next comment, however. I think it might help to have one more trigger. Before you protest, let me explain. Aima, my character, also has the potential to be very OP. Her powers could very well turn the characters in this RP inside out. The key is moderation and knowing how much is appropriate. And, motivation. It sounds as if this Inner Kazumi knows of his other half, dislikes him, and, as someone who also studies psychology (not a diligent major but a hobby), I will say this. In personality disorder patients, there is generally a vying for control among personalities who wish to be more dominant. I think it might be interesting AND conflicting if the iiner Kazumi wants to be the dominant personality and shut the oter self down. It would cause internal conflict the outer self doesn't understand. The motivation? The outer self is weak, the inner self knows how to survive--the outer self is useless and unnecessary.

Remember, what makes a Mary Sue is not the character--it's losing control of their limits or what is reasonable to accomplish. If you moderate the usage, the inner Kazumi could come out more frequently because he also possesses flaws as well. He isn't perfect. He is just groomed to be battle ready. Maybe he tries to persuade the party HE is the real self, the other Kazumi is a liar (another tactic employed by patients of multiple-personality disorder) and try to turn everyone against that part of himself... You have a lot of playing room here!

Hope that helped--either way, Kazumi is shaping up to be an intriguing character.

Igari
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Tue May 13, 2014 10:33 pm

Ooh!!!

Those are some EXCELLENT points, and that gives me lots of room to play around with. Thanks @Igari~dono!

Obviously, I'm not purposely TRYING to be a Mary Sue, that's not my intention. I don't like people who do play them, and I usually try to limit just how powerful I make my characters so the temptation to go stupidly OP isn't even present. That being said, I understand that the real issue is the player's misconception of limitations. I can assure you that won't be a problem, even remotely. I usually set up very strict limits during character creation, especially with powered characters, to keep them balanced and fair. In this case, I was using the outer personality, who isn't necessarily useless but is definitely weak, as a means of limiting a vastly more powerful character.

That, however, is disrespectful to BOTH of the Kazumis.

As a player, it's my duty to perform as interesting of a character as possible, to the best of my ability, without stepping over the limits of reason. Therefore, more research is necessary into multiple personality, or dissociative identity, disorders. I'll put up another OOC post when Kazumi is ACTUALLY finished and perhaps we can move forward from there.

Sorry, @Everyone else, for flooding up the OOC with my posts. I was just really interested in what @Igari had to say, and I felt the need to vomit words onto the computer screen. XP

Thanks for your cooperation!

XShishioX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheru-Chu on Tue May 13, 2014 10:36 pm

Wow - I missed a lot today.

Sorry for my disappearance from the OOC thread - it was unintentional. I'm having a really really hard time getting the site to post...>.<

Anyways @XShishioX, I was going to make a comment about the personality disorder but Igari quite literally (and I very much mean that) stole the words right out of my mouth. There is nothing I can say that Igari (darn it Igari! Jk - actually I should thank you for offering assistance in my absence) hasn't already said. XD

Anyways, I'll be updating the introduction (or trying to at least - as I said before for some reason I'm having a really hard time posting - I think my internet connection is really weak or something - ) and I'll probably be accepting the rest of the completed characters. ^-^

~Cheru

Cheru-Chu
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Igari on Tue May 13, 2014 11:03 pm

Ehgads. Well, I'm glad it helped, Shishio c: I am excited to see what changes come about. Don't ever apologize, character rants are very interesting and it's not OOC spam at all. We're all here to make a wonderful story together and to help each other out as much as we can. Even if that means beating our GM to the punch. //evil cackles

Ahem. Apologies for that, Cheru X3 I too am usually overcome by zealous emotions wheeeen character shenanigans are floating about. And that might not be you--RPG has been difficult for awhile. //groans and rolls off into her pile of stuffed animals

Igari
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!