Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas » Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? »

Players Wanted: OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner »

From the Depths of Lore

From the Depths of Lore

a part of “From the Depths of Lore”, a fictional universe by Cheru-Chu.

There exists a country created by human folklore. Where magical creatures and horrific monsters roam its ever changing countryside. But now a new story is being told about a book with the power to set these creatures free from myth; if they can find it.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “From the Depths of Lore”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

From the Depths of Lore

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheru-Chu on Tue May 06, 2014 12:29 pm

From the Depths of Lore
W

Welcome to Nominum.
There exists a country created of the human imagination. It is called Nominum by its inhabitants and fantasy by its creators. It cannot be found on any map and cannot be reached by any one of the living or dead. It's history is vague yet clear. There exists many records of where it finds its beginnings, all are different and yet all are accurate to some degree. Nominum is created of Lore. Myths. Fables. Fantastical stories, some whimsical in nature, others horrific, one day find life here.

The Story
And where does this story begin? It begins at the beginning of Nominum. A book, the source of the realm of myth, where it was born. A book, eternally open, and invisible writers, eternally writing. This book tells the story of the realm of lore, and as long as it remains open, anyone in reality can write in it. Anyone has the power to change, create, destroy, and modify the world. This book is the connection between Nominum and Earth. The words, constantly appearing on the page, are the words of reality's storytellers, and anything that appears on the page will become the reality of Nominum. Monsters will always appear and reappear, creatures will disappear, chaos will reign, and the fate of the realm of lore will always be out of its inhabitants' hands. This will always ring true as long as the book lies open. But what if it were closed? What if that connection was severed? That is the goal of these creatures. To close the book no matter the consequences. To decide their own fate at least once and emerge From the Depths of Lore.

I have edited this post as I see fit. At least for now. ^-^
"If it's the thought that counts, I should probably be in jail."

ImageImage

\( >3< )/

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cheru-Chu
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: From the Depths of Lore

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Tue May 06, 2014 3:56 pm

Hello there! I know you said you wouldn't take reservations, but I'm working on an Umbri to fill the remaining slot. Just give me some time. XD

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Feyblue
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SolanaNight on Tue May 06, 2014 4:35 pm

Hi. O.O

I really like this idea. Very creative and very high-quality. Good job.

To give you a heads-up, I am interested in making a Noxi. ^^

SolanaNight
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheru-Chu on Tue May 06, 2014 5:02 pm

People! Interested people! YAY!

I was getting scared that I put all this work into this rp only to have no one like it. T-T Thanks so much for your interest and compliments. I worked very hard on it. XD

Also, thanks for the heads up.

I'll be submitting my character soon (for those of you wondering why the first Umbri slot is 'Taken'), unfortunately, I made the mistake of drafting my Umbri on the site...and then my computer froze so I had to restart it and lost everything. Yay.

Cheru-Chu
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Tue May 06, 2014 5:07 pm

Hi! I know there's no reservations, but would you accept a WIP to fill a slot? (honestly, I haven't read over everything yet -- I just want to get my two cents in)

I'm very, very fast at finishing characters but I might have an anxiety attack if I have to deal with the idea of losing a spot to someone faster XD

CharlotteV
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheru-Chu on Tue May 06, 2014 5:10 pm

Humm...Which, slot do you want? It will kind of depend...the problem I have with doing that is that I feel like accepting a WIP to fill a slot is the equivalent of accepting reservations...which I won't do.

Cheru-Chu
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ragnorokhellfire on Tue May 06, 2014 5:13 pm

Love this roleplay. Hopefully I'll be able to make a metamorphosi before they're taken.
Darkness is within everyone. If you can't learn to control it, it will corrupt you, and ultimately, destroy you.

ragnorokhellfire
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Tue May 06, 2014 5:29 pm

Ok, so I totally just finished the rules so I wanted to apologize for my preemptive question and now that I get how you're going to be accepting characters I'm not nearly as worried. I'm looking at three different options right now but I think the character I want can easily be twisted to fit any of them.

So I'll get to work!

CharlotteV
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheru-Chu on Tue May 06, 2014 5:32 pm

Phew, that's a load off my shoulders.

Anyways, I would like to offer my sincerest gratitude to all of those interested and I would like to wish you all luck.

*Chu and Huggles*

Cheru-Chu
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quelle on Tue May 06, 2014 5:46 pm

Hey there, lovely roleplay you have here >//<
(And hello Charlotte~)

I can't hold back to make a character for this. Probably going for the Type Three/Two Aruspex spot. Oh and question. Venefici and White-Winged Lagoi can be played by several people right? All those under 'Negotiable Numbers'. Asking because I was thinking about making two characters if that's alright. And about the Talpas... if I was to create one, should the character sheet used be the same, or less information? They are after all monsters who are only up for destruction. Or do they have sorta degree of intelligence?

[1954][1974][1990][2014]
Germany won the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil!!

My favourite players include:
Thomas Müller [Germany], Lionel Messi [Argentina], James Rodríguez [Colombia], Bastian Schweinsteiger [Germany], Manuel Neuer [Germany], Miroslav Klose [Germany], Keylor Navas [Costa Rica]
I respect the teams from:
Ghana, Algeria, Argentina, Columbia.

Quelle
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Tue May 06, 2014 5:51 pm

Hey Quelle! I'm trying for the type Two Aruspex please don't outdo me ^//^

CharlotteV
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheru-Chu on Tue May 06, 2014 5:52 pm

Those are excellent questions. As for the Venefici and white winged Lagoi question, you'd be correct.

A for the Talpas...that's a more complex answer. If it's alright with you, I'm stuck on my phone right now so I'll answer that when I'm back at my house with my computer so that I can give a thorough answer.

Cheru-Chu
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Tue May 06, 2014 6:03 pm

Well met everyone! It's nice to meet you! X3

Every so often, whilst reading the list of RP's that people are making, I find one I actually like. Thankfully, this one not only looks to be incredibly promising, but, actually original as well. I love the Natsume no Yuujinchou feeling I get when I'm reading the intro. It's awesome.

That being said, I was a touch nervous when I saw the bit about no reservations, and the pseudo-first-come-first served, kind of thing you've got going on here, but I do like how it's handled. The emphasis is on quality, not speed. I appreciate that kind of thing. It's so nice to see.

If it's ok, I would love to try for an Alchemehr or Bellatore spot. I'm in the midst of typing up a paper right now, but I could be persuaded to ditch that for an hour or two and finish up a CS. (/ >3<;)/
Peace. Love. Life. You've only got one run, why waste it?

XShishioX
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheru-Chu on Tue May 06, 2014 6:50 pm

Alrighty then, now that I have my computer again allow me to delve into the Talpas question.

Here's the thing about the Talpas, they are based completely on our own urban legends and folklore. So if a story says they are intelligent and have an individual personality with likes and dislikes they will. Some may be stupid beasts but other, such as Slender Man, could be highly intelligent and humanoid. I didn't really know if people would want to create a Talpas or not so I wasn't sure whether to delve into it, but if you want to make one I'll be happy to provide you with the appropriate character sheet. The main difference between them and the other races is that, unlike other species which are kind of described for you in my introduction, each Talpas is extraordinarily different both in appearance and abilities. Furthermore, it must be based on an actual urban legend or myth. This means the urban legend needs to be included in your character sheet, either directly written or with a link to the story.

Also, I'd like to explain my decision not to do reservations. It was one I had to really think on. I knew it would make people nervous and could drive them away, which I didn't want. However, ultimately I decided that having reservations is a form of first come first serve, which I really did not want to do. I didn't want to guarantee a spot to anyone based on who can say they want it first. I wanted it to be solely based on how creative and well put together the character is.

***Edit:
I was just asked another excellent question that I'm going to go ahead and address on this thread. I feel silly for not thinking of it after all the work I put into this, but whatever.

All of the species, excluding the Lagoi, Talpas, and Umbri age at the same, normal, human rate. The aforementioned three, however, do not. Allow me to delve into how they age and why they age that way.

Black-winged Lagoi, actually age at the same rate as all of the other species. However, the white-winged Lagoi possess feather of life which automatically grants them extraordinary long lives. To be perfectly honest, white-winged Lagoi actually live for so long that any that have died usually died because someone or something has killed them, not because they were old.

Talpas are ageless. They will remain whatever age the story states they are for all time.

Umbri. Each Umbri actually ages at very different rates. It depends almost entirely on how often they use their eyes and thus how strong their connection to reality is as well as how prominent their story is. Umbri who almost never use them will age at a normal rate. However, Umbri who use their eyes often will remain young much longer. Unfortunately, because the story of Umbri is not told in the 'real' world they will fade away, resulting in a shorter life span to their less active counterparts.

(Does all of this make sense?)

Cheru-Chu
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Tue May 06, 2014 7:17 pm

Yep! I must say, this all seems really interesting. :D Also, my bio is finally done! I hope it meets your expectations! If there are any problems, PM me and I'll change things up however much I have to. I wasn't entirely sure how the Umbri's "Reality warping" powers worked, so I ended up just sort of going with a system that I felt suited the character, but if that conflicts with the setting, I'd be more than happy to change it.

In any case, I look forward to RPing with you all! :3

Feyblue
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Leej10100 on Tue May 06, 2014 7:18 pm

I love your rp! I am just here to say that I am interested in the spot for Black-Winged Lagoi.

Leej10100
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ragnorokhellfire on Tue May 06, 2014 7:20 pm

So it doesn't matter if Talpas die in their stories as long as they continue to be told?

Edit: Oh and also, how old should a metamorphosi be before they can change into other forms of their animal?

ragnorokhellfire
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheru-Chu on Tue May 06, 2014 7:47 pm

YAY! People.
Okay, more questions. More answers:

Another Talpas question. Talpas live out their stories fully and completely. If they die in their stories, they'll die as well. However, as the story is told again by the same person or someone new, they return to life to live it out again. Think of it as a cycle that can only be ended by the story no longer being told. Annoying, right?

Metamorphosi, I want to say to leave that up to you, but I hesitate. The reason older ones can change into other forms of their animal is due in part to experience, and in part due to an increase in power as they age. Theoretically, a relatively young Metamorphosi could have the same power as an older one if and only if they have the experience to back it up. Go ahead and make your character, I'll tell you if something is wrong.

Cheru-Chu
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Siryn on Tue May 06, 2014 8:20 pm

Hello there! So, this looks like a ton of fun :D I'll admit I haven't read through the whole introduction just yet, but I skimmed lol XD I'll be doing that right now, just wanted to drop in and say I'm in ^.^ my own roleplays have slowed considerably and since I'm out of idea (don't really want to start anymore right now) I'll be joining up with you all if you'll have me ^.^
There is Magic all around, you just have to look to see it...

Siryn
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Tue May 06, 2014 8:33 pm

Ahh! I get it now. That implementation of a try-out is actually rather clever @Cheru~chan. That way, you're only getting the most dedicated, creative CS's. Nicely done!

As I said before, I'll be working on my submission now. I'm planning on trying for the Alchemehr. It will definitely be a he, but I'll find some really good, feminine CS for him. I usually play really confident and out-spoken males, so this will be fun!

EDIT: I don't know where the "w" in -chan came from, but I have fixed it. "-Chwan," makes it sound like I'm a senpai who's a little TOO familiar with his kohai...

XShishioX
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!