Gaia Interactive, Inc. acquires RolePlayGateway

a topic in Announcements, a part of the RPG forum.

Announcements are made here! You can read the archive or browse the latest.

Gaia Interactive, Inc. acquires RolePlayGateway

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:59 am

Edit: April Fools!

I am with mixed emotion announcing that after an intense series of negotiations, the online social gaming giant Gaia Interactive, Inc. (which runs Gaia Online) has purchased RolePlayGateway for an undisclosed sum. Effective immediately, I will be stepping down as owner of this site and will be handing the reins over to the new man in charge, Lanzer.

RolePlayGateway's innovative new method of organizing online roleplay was the deciding factor in Gaia Interactive Inc.'s decision. Gaia representatives stated;
Gaia Online wrote:We are extremely excited to have access to this new set of tools. We will begin deploying it immediately to Gaia Online to help our community find the vampire and high school roleplays as quickly as possible, and begin using the staff to write tutorials such as "How to roleplay as Edward Cullen" and "Becoming Emo: a Beginner's Guide".

All Gaia Online members will also be able to embed the RPG Chat in their forum topics, and participate and chat with the RolePlayGateway members using the new chat restrictions, where messages cannot be longer than 100 letters (we chose to do this to help prevent people from being too wordy!). Additionally, any and all roleplays on RolePlayGateway tagged with "Advanced", "Original", or "Epic" will be shut down to prevent them from overwhelming our 9 and 10 year old users.

Together with Gaia Interactive Inc., we can move forward into the future of online roleplay, where teenage emotion is king and vampire-werewolf-angel-demon hybrids are abundant!
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 14 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller

Re: Gaia Interactive, Inc. acquires RolePlayGateway

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saladin on Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:09 am

You sold us out, Eric. Wrrrry?!!

I am sorely disappointed in this news. I hope you enjoy your undisclosed pay out while the rest of us suffer under the rule of Gaia.

When you go to sleep at night, I hope you have nightmares of the evil, evil thing you've done this week. -=Shakes head=-

But then, at least the community will grow in size. That's a bonus I guess.

Please tell me now what life is, Please tell me now what love is... Again, tell me what life is.

Tiko says: Saladin: Damn it, leave my hole alone.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lord Saladin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Namine on Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:15 am

Umm... Is this a joke?? Or is it true?? I HATE THE 1ST OF APRIL!!!
Hey everyone. Im back...

Namine
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Ethereal on Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:30 am

.................................................................................................................................
"Let me sleep... For when I sleep..."
Image Image
"I will finally see you in my dreams..."

Lady Ethereal
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Storyteller Person of Interest Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:55 am

Well done for April Fools.

Jag
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bigglesworth on Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:14 am

Crap, this almost scared a few years out of me .
Awesome april fools!

Bigglesworth
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hunter_Killer on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:20 am

I'm laugh now, but a few seconds ago I wasn't.

Hunter_Killer
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Promethean World Builder Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FizzGig on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:21 am

Ditto, Hunter. xD
Writing is a socially acceptable form of Multiple-Personality-Disorder--C.S.Lewis

FizzGig
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grammatica on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:36 am

Eric. I love you.
Grammar is key, Children, your imaginations the door. So open up, write down your feelings, but keep in mind any mistakes will be met by the harsh teacher: Grammatica.

Also, I lul'd. (I am exempt)

Grammatica
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Horo on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:45 am

Lmao, Oh my god that is priceless, the quote was just epic win. That about sums it up for Gaia for sure... Great one Eric you had me there for a second xD

Horo
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:13 pm

This had better be an April Fools! And if it isn't, then Gaia better not screw up this site, or I'm gonna be pissed!
While the Darkness is powerful and versatile, only the LIGHT has the power to give peace. While the Darkness numbs the pain, only the LIGHT can completely heal that pain. And while the Darkness makes the bad in the world seem less, bad it is only lessened because it immerses you in that badness, making you tolerant. The LIGHT may make obvious the bad, but with that comes truth and sight.

I've not been online in awhile, but if you miss me and wanna contact me, message me on tumblr~
yuusha-no-kibou.tumblr

EikouNekoChan
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SuperVixen on Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:48 pm

Obvious April Fools joke is obvious.

SuperVixen
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Varentstov on Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:24 pm

You can't be serious!

That's terrible, I join yesterday and I am already sold out.
Last edited by Varentstov on Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
None can rustle the Triumvirate.

Varentstov
Member for 9 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Varentstov on Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:24 pm

I actually had to go consult my Twilight calender about the actual date.

Well played, sir.

Varentstov
Member for 9 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jehanne on Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:02 pm

The only "mixed emotions" I'd imagine ya' havin' 'bout this are emotions regarding how stupid this is mixed with some kind of emotion 'bout the money [either too little, or joy at getting that much :þ].
[...]

But seriously, y'really have'ta go along with makin' fun of the newbies at Gaia? I strongly believe that a lot of good writers and/or RPers, because of their nature, start out with fanfics and/or crap RPs. [/jokekiller]
Maybe you are right, and this world isn't anything special after all.
But as familiar sights look different when seen from on high--as even when it's raining, blue skies spread out above the clouds--don't you think that the way you view the world changes depending on how it is perceived?
O, what a wonderful world! Even if it's a lie, if you believe it, maybe you'll feel happier than yesterday. Right?
Good or bad or something amazing: it isn't about what you do; it's about living without regret. That's it.

Jehanne
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:23 pm

Jehanne wrote:But seriously, y'really have'ta go along with makin' fun of the newbies at Gaia? I strongly believe that a lot of good writers and/or RPers, because of their nature, start out with fanfics and/or crap RPs. [/jokekiller]

It's a fine line to walk considering that RPG is starting to get much of the same reputation from the larger internet writing community as a whole. Many of the same problems now plague this site, so it's beginning to become a bit of a "black pot and kettle" syndrome.

Jag
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:27 pm

You silly troll, you. Happy April Fool's day everybody!

Safisan
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverxDusk on Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:31 pm

So I was reading this, and my heart started sinking..and then I realized it was a joke as soon as I saw the joke..and I started laughing.

Nice one lol.
Feed L. Or you might just get a heart attack..Image

SilverxDusk
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forensic_Anthro on Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:23 pm

Makes you realize how much you love RPG as it is. =)
noot noot

Forensic_Anthro
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Destablization on Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:34 pm

ImpsVillage did the exact same thing last April 1st, though they sold out to "Ankama". It wasn't amusing then, and personally I don't find it amusing now ><.

Not to be a spoilsport or anything, I just wish an April Fools Day prank was a little better thought out.
Hello. I am Destablization. If I posted in your Interest Check, please read the following.

I post using a phone. That means I can't do certain things.
I can't use the Roleplay Tab.
I can't use Chat.
I sometimes make small spelling mistakes.
-Roleplay Info-
I don't like being the center of a roleplay. I like being the side character. To me, they have true depth.
I don't mind dying in a roleplay.

That's all, and I hope we have fun together !

Destablization
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!