Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

GaiaDarkstar's art and requests for art

a topic in The Artist's Cafe, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Have some artwork to share? Share it here — and feel free to ask for commissions!

GaiaDarkstar's art and requests for art

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:21 am

I there all. I didn't want to post every single picture I have. I feel it would be easier to post my Deviant art account and let anyone who wants go and check it out. I do a decent job with character, especially females. I get better the more practice. I recently joined the sketch a day forum and have a couple sketches up on that. They are very rough and took like two minutes to draw but a few hours to color. I love color and hate leaving anything black and white. I was thinking that if anyone had a request and liked my style I could try to do it. I would be willing to try sigs, character pictures, general art. Just give me a lot of details and maybe even a comparison to help me out. Like saying the character looks like Inuyasha, for example. Although I am uncertain how well I could draw animal like characters. I have only ever done bunny girls. If you want anything in the background, keep it simple and if you have a reference pic, that would help. I can even make a picture of you look like an anime character. I can't do too much at once and don't expect it too quickly. I have two kids so have a limited time to draw. I will do my best. I wanted to do this to really practice drawing and get ideas for drawings.

Ok here is my DA account- http://gaiadarkstar.deviantart.com/
Last edited by gaiadarkstar on Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Worlds without end visualised, sketched, and written. From my mind and imagination to yours.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: GaiaDarkstar's art and requests for art

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:59 am

Wow! I really like the facial expressions your characters have. And the roundedness of the colors were brilliant, too.

HERE is a profile for a female character I have named Gina Tedrick. Her description is fairly detailed, and you can see from what pictures are there already the sort of color scheme that would be needed to fit in.

Have a go at it, if you want!

:)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:46 pm

Interesting, I will certainly give it a try. What about background, is an abstract color(s) all right or do you want a certain scene? I don't know how long it will take me but I will work on it when I can. Oh and what size should it be? Do you want it for the IC character pic? Well I could just make it 8.5 by 11 and let you re size it however you want. Also work outfit or fun outfit cause the clothes would be different depending on that. Also I have my own views on style but I will do my best to make it look cool though it might end up looking a little jap pop / goth or something in between. Well that is what I saw when I read about her and I tend to have an anime style which I am sure you noticed so if you are ok with that, great.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:57 pm

Whatever gets your creative juices flowing. I'd use the pic as the larger one, not the avatar. Do whatever you like, really. I just wanna see what you come up with. What does the profile say to you?

I'd say work outfit, just because that's usually how I imagine her. And don't you dare compromise your style for this picture, just let it all flow.

:)

Thanks so much.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Henry88 on Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:26 pm

roleplay/the-unseen-world/characters/brain-loew/

your style is unique and i would like to see my character done in that style if that is ok.
"I've gazed into the abyss and the abyss gazed into me, and neither of us liked what we saw.

Henry88
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:52 pm

here is the sketch so I would like to see what you think so far. It is extremely rough so I hope you can see what it will look like when I clean it up and color it and such.
Any changes you want please let me know before I start coloring.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:06 pm

I haven't heard from the girl who gave me the request in awhile. I will probably go ahead and color it soon. I don't know if she didn't like it at all or just hasn't been on recently. Oh well. Here is my most recent work, also posted on the "sketch a day" forum. It isn't really a sketch anymore but I really liked it and wanted to show it off a little.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:24 pm

Hey there Henry88 I must have missed your request before. I would love to try it. What kind of hairstyle does he have and do you want a square chin, manly or is more anime style ok? Also any preference for background?

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Henry88 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:38 pm

gaiadarkstar wrote:Hey there Henry88 I must have missed your request before. I would love to try it. What kind of hairstyle does he have and do you want a square chin, manly or is more anime style ok? Also any preference for background?

i like his his hair to be short but nor to short his chin to be round as for background i would like somewhere in new york city and yes i would like to see in in a anime style.

Henry88
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:10 am

I will try to have the sketch up as soon as possible, hopefully today but maybe tomorrow. It depends on when my little baby son sleeps. Oh is the hair wavy or straight, promise last question. lol. I will have the sketch and you can tell me what you like/don't like before I color it. The sketch is always pretty rough and I usually change and tighten it up quite a bit while I paint it digitally. Like the pic below of the chick. The hat used to be a looot bigger and ill shaped but I fixed that in the final version as well as her eyes that were uneven and too high as well as her nose and mouth. So the sketch is just a general base of what the finished product will look like. If you have a good pic of new York you would like me to use that would be extremely helpful.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Henry88 on Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:00 pm

If you have a good pic of new York you would like me to use that would be extremely helpful.

http://www.inspiredbythis.com/wp-conten ... x-1200.jpg

will this do...it is central-park by the way.

Henry88
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:25 pm

Sorry it is taking so long, we had a festival this weekend so I was more busy than usual and I have had a lack of motivation and inspiration recently. I will try to get the sketch done as soon as possible. I will probably draw him seated on a bench with the trees behind. If you have a couple shots of the gun so I could draw that, it would help.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Litria Death on Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:43 pm

Omg, that's pretty cool! Could you try to draw my character? I had already drew her, I just wanted to see her in your design. :) Here's a link!

http://keikomagari.deviantart.com/art/S ... 7771&qo=73

Litria Death
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:51 am

Well I still haven't finished the other two requests yet, ugh I am soooo behind. I haven't even sketched the second one. I will give it a go so just bear with me. I am kind of in a motivation/inspiration slump so it might be a little while. Once I finish the other two's request I will get back to you and get more details, k. It could be fun, I have never done loli goth before so any reference photo's you want try to get now, especially for the dress cause I really am kind of excited to try it. Also tell what colors and other specifics you want. But like I said wait til I have the other two finished or mostly done before I can really start on it but get the stuff together now anyway.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Henry88 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:03 am

gaiadarkstar wrote:Sorry it is taking so long, we had a festival this weekend so I was more busy than usual and I have had a lack of motivation and inspiration recently. I will try to get the sketch done as soon as possible. I will probably draw him seated on a bench with the trees behind. If you have a couple shots of the gun so I could draw that, it would help.

it is alright

http://www.webarms.com/gun%20suppliers/ ... 2Large.gif

or

http://www.frontiernet.net/~wbyman/BigRifle.jpg

Henry88
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Litria Death on Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:42 pm

Haha, okies! Here's a few links to a few Gothic Loli dresses I think would be a good challenge(and looks good on Vid :D). Also, take your time. I've got enough of it. :0

A collage of parts and pieces of Lolita Goth <3
White and Black
This Dress +
This Head-Dress <3

Lol, sorry, I saw that head-dress and nearly exploded. :3 Thanks, Gaia-sama! I appreciate it! :D

Litria Death
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:43 pm

Gaia sama lol. Hilarious. Anyway here is my sketch for Henry88.
Tell me if you don't like anything.
Image By the way I know the arms off and a couple other things but that will look better once I fix it when I color it.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Henry88 on Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:17 am

we got a winner i really like it including the ghost in the back ground that was a nice touch .

Henry88
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:59 am

Ok it will be probably a week or two or even more before the two I started are finished. i will try to finish sooner but it all depends on my kids and how busy I get. I look forward to finishing them though and they should both look pretty good. As soon as I color both of them I will sketch the goth chick. That will also be a fun challenge he he. Thanks everyone for your interest, it is a real confidence booster for me that people like my style.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:59 pm

Finally I finished the assassin and I am so happy with my progress and how it turned out. It is the most realistic I have gotten so far and I hope I can continue to improve, I just have to work on my patience. It's funny to both be a perfectionist and lazy at the same time.
I don't know if the girl who asked for it will come back but I will probably also send her the image through mail just to make sure. I hope she likes it and you guys also enjoy. I will get started on the hunter very soon.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!