Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A Galactic Picasso

A Galactic Picasso (Scifi Nation Roleplay)

a part of “A Galactic Picasso”, a fictional universe by TatersAndTots.

The universe is a dangerous place. Pirates, monsters, stellar phenomena... it seems it everything is trying to kill you! Despite the danger, many flourish. You, if you choose to join, will become one of these great nations. What happens next is up to you.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A Galactic Picasso”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] A Galactic Picasso (Scifi Nation Roleplay)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:50 pm

Yeah, i have the same thing...I have quiet a lot of spaceships that I want to include and my Infantry army, Support Troops/Regiments, Robotic Supplies, and the list goes on for what I'll include.

And the worst will probably be my Doctrine. I have a very long and complicated way for how my people will wage war, and as I have the Code of Honor I will have to include a basic idea for other players to understand why the Maunkee doesn't use chemical and biological warfare, why they call it 'liberation' when they have just invaded a city, why they do this and why they do that.

A lot of work....but I'll enjoy it :D

Hopefully I'll have it all done tonight.
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
~Buddha

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:06 pm

Heh, I'm opposite. I'm sort of at a loss for my space ships... no clue about an infantry army (How about... don't have one? They're merchants anyway, they'll hire mercenaries)

I'll spend my time defining the "Three-ness" of the Qujoray world, how this affects their ideals. I mean, it's so alien I forget how alien it is...

I have to figure out three part replacements for all that is "two." Yin and yang are bitches...

I have to figure out:

Three stages of life, not just dead and alive.
The purpose of the three sexes, not just XX and XY
The three times of day, as opposed to day and night.
The three directions, the three types of rhetoric, the 12 flavors.
And I have to figure out at least some of the Qujoray organs... their functions...
I guess it would be odd for the Qujoray, programmed to have three eyes, and now having only two... programed to be spherical, but now having to deal with their killer abs and the concept of a "front and back" as opposed to "Forward, back 60 degrees, and back another 60 degrees"

At least the almighty dollar/drachma/peso/yuan/euro/pound/intergalactic credit/.01 platinum certificate/the genitals of rare albino sea cucumbers/human molars/gold/uranium/whatever we use for currency stays the same.

I think I'll keep the Qujoray military light, and just try and bribe one of you more effective military people to protect them.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:26 pm

Join the Greater Good and ther army of the Maunkee shall be beside thee and forever ensure thou's survival!
We stand together and we shall move forward together. We are one. We are Perfection!

In a lack of a better speech, The Maunkee Empire would love to be your protector, though I'll save the diplomatic things for the IC...It'll be more fun to have these two aliens stand face to face and try to understand each other. :P

Anyways, let me get school over with and I'll have as much of the army done as I can. (As you may guess (for those of you whom has read my CS thus far) the Maunkee are technical fanatics, and loves technology and will only focus on moving forward. When a problem is encountered, they fix it and move on, they don't wonder what or who caused it)

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baphomael on Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:56 pm

Ello all, thought I'd jump into this game as it looked quite interesting. I'll try and get my profile up ASAP (later today/tomorrow/depends on your timezone).

Baphomael
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:25 am

alright...I've got a large chunk finished...TAT, can you please go over it and tell me if any of these are god-moding?
I also changed the Special Trait, as I made it more clear about, the Maunkee Empire being advanced in technology, and I've added a historical site to my nation.

The army is being started on now (and as I have psykers, I'll remember to include them, no need to worry folks...)

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anderan on Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:41 pm

I'm trying to avoid WH40K influence as much as possible in this, just because it seems like a lot of other people are heavily influenced by it. XD

EDIT: I officially hate this tabbed thing now. I spent 2 hours working on my nation, then when I click submit it decides that because the pic I was trying to submit along with it was 26 pixels, it wasn't going to accept ANY of the edits I had done. Instead of giving you an option to click to go back with all the changes you had done still there, it forces you to click "back" which undoes ALL of the changes you had made up to that point.
Orly?

Anderan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TatersAndTots on Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:18 pm

Note:

The Mossad is Intelligence gathering
KGB is Counter-Inteligence
Ninje Space Pirates is sneaky, pirate doctrine, not tech. You should pair this with stealth traits. It is the act of being sneaky

any other traits you don't understand.

TatersAndTots
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anderan on Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:32 pm

well, my nation is more or less finished, i'll fine tune my ships and such later, they are pretty much the ships I made for the last RP but, very, slightly edited.

Anderan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:33 am

okay, thanks for that. I think my nation is mostly finished. I find it fun doing all this creative stuff. Which is while 40k doesn't even come into the picture for me. Ha ha, I even want to make another empire just for the sake of it.
Tell me if anything I have looks overpowered.
The Spice Melange occurs on only one planet in the entire universe.
The Planet Arrakis, also known as Dune.
He who controls Arrakis, controls the Spice. He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

Omnomnomnom

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marinus on Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:37 pm

Just a quick question, TAT - will you be creating places for each of our nations? Otherwise the Space section is going to get very confusing, very fast.

PS: God save me from drunken better halves.

Marinus
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TatersAndTots on Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:10 pm

I didn't know how that worked... heh... uhh, heh heh...

I'll add them before we start this off. Are there any parts of the sheet that isn't fully understood?

TatersAndTots
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baphomael on Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:09 pm

Yea, can I get a little clarification on the military trait Network-Paradigm Processor, as it looks like it might be appropriate for me.

Baphomael
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TatersAndTots on Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:27 pm

Network-Paradigm Processor is better communications. Your fleets and ground units can talk to each other with a clarity and speed above the rest. This makes your formations tighter, your troops better informed, and it gives your military a general responsivness that is faster. AKA when Shit goes down, the info travels faster and is far less misunderstood than races without it.

It is a step below something like a mind-linking hivemind, but above normal communications.

TatersAndTots
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baphomael on Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:40 pm

Cheers for that, yea, it sounds like something that might be appropriate in some form, as my ground Maniples will probably have some sort of wireless neural link between 'officers' and their subordinates.

Baphomael
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TatersAndTots on Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:55 pm

Mechanical Monstrosities has nothing to do with size. GETTING HUGE is for bigger stuff. Mechanical Monstrosities replaces fighters with Gundam-style mecha. So instead of fighters you get big flying robots that can walk around and shit. Whether they look human or just have legs attached is up to you.

TatersAndTots
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baphomael on Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:12 am

Ah, cheers for the clarification, I'll probably change that then. Was thinking more along the lines of giant ponderous robots that stomp on buildings rather than flying japanese style mecha.

Baphomael
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:19 pm

Alright, I've finished "Infantry," and I'll move onto "Support Infantry," (which is basically, AI Robots that will be the back bone of the army), and "vehicles" (which are equipped with anti-gravity engines, and more plasma and laser weapons).

Finally, I'll have to write the Code of Honor, and the Battle Methods that the Maunkee uses. Sorry for the slow pace, its my social life that is coming in between it.

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marinus on Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:10 pm

I'll have all the variants up soon, (although they'd be pretty rare to see in-RP, so it's not a major issue) and I'll work on the drones, I promise. If anyone finds any flaws / overpoweredness in my sheet, kindly indicate it to me so I can fix it.

I have broadly the same issue as Saxious, given that my better half has a broken foot, a short attention span (when I find the doctor who gave her those damn pain meds...) and is no longer out of the house on Thursdays. I'm going INSANE, dammit!

Marinus
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anderan on Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:31 pm

I've been fairly busy this week due to work, ironically I will have more time starting tomorrow when I have school.

Anderan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TatersAndTots on Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:38 pm

looks like we all have tons of work out of the story. Cool. I should really get this thing off eventaully, so I will probably have a few edits that i will add while the story is ongoing. Nothing major, but rather than sit another week, it would be better to just start.

If anyone has any cool scenarios they think would make a good GM event, just gimma a pm and i'll check it out. JUST a pm. I want them to stay secret.

TatersAndTots
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!