Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library »

Players Wanted: Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players »

Galaoa needs a Ice Prince and a Flower Princess!!!!

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Galaoa needs a Ice Prince and a Flower Princess!!!!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ravelin on Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:25 pm

Galaoa is a kingdom that lies in the center of four other kingdoms. Each of those four kingdoms were originally a part of Galaoa centuries ago. This means they are the son/daughter kingdoms of Galaoa, and brother/sister kingdoms to each other. Each of the four are easily differentiated from each other due in part to differences in climate as well as culture and tradition. At times these differences have caused some disagreements in the past and there were more than a few threats of war. The High King of Galaoa, despite his otherwise isolated influence as king of that region, still has power over the other kingdoms which is why he is known as 'High King'. He has always put forth an effort to step in and prevent outbreaks of waring acts among the kingdoms in an effort to preserve peace.

Though they are brother/sister kingdoms, each individual region isolates itself from those around them. Some isolate themselves because they pride themselves on being better than the other three, some out of hatred for one or more of their siblings kingdoms, and some simply wish to be left in peace and on their own. The four kingdoms may have seprated from each other but all of them are still highly respectful or fearful of Galaoa and will come when the High King summons them to his caslte. Galaoa itself is a netural kingdom where peace is law. Those who cause trouble or try to influence chaos in any form are punished. To try and inspire rebellion or de-throne the High King would provoke an immediate death sentence.

The High King, now an ancient man and approaching the autumn of his years is well aware that if the four kingdoms remain as they with their current levels of hostility and isolation, when his title changes to the 'Late High King' war will inevitably, in the following years, come with his passing.

However, the wise old King has a trump-card up his sleeve.

On the wind there whispers an old legend about the Gods tying an invisible red string around the little finger of men and women who are destined to be soul mates, and will one day come to marry. This was merely a myth, however it was a powerful one as it not only existed in Galaoa, but in all four of its surrounding kingdoms. This time however, it won't be the Gods so much as it will be the High King who ties a red string with each of the princes and princesses to their 'destined' one. He realized however, that if he should tie them to each other there would only be more conflict and strife between those who see differently among them. Instead, the King decided to arrange each of the princes and princesses, including his own great granddaughter, to marry a commonder from either their own kingdom or from another. If the Royals of each kingdom could love and gain insight of the people around them who were most effected by war, he believed that just maybe they could finally look past their differences and willfully become allied kingdoms once again...

This was of course assuming that everything went as planned, but with those who are still young, one can never be certain.

Five commoners from different kingdoms have now been chosen for various reasons and will attend a ball held in the High King's castle where the princes and princesses will also be in attendance. The commoners may have heard about the princes and princesses but never before have seen them, let alone met them. Commoners were strictly forbidden from entering any Royal Palace without summons before, which hardly ever happened.

The time grows near, and the ten youngsters bound by the King's thread of fate and arranged to be married will soon meet each other at the ball...

~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**

Only the Galaoa Commoner is open, which is our last Male character. There are five kingdoms that are the Royals and Commoners come from, there's more about the kingdoms on the roleplay's introduction. The whole RP will be taken place in Galaoa where the engagement ball will be held at and where the characters will be gathered at and be paired up to the person they are arranged to marry by the High King. The Royals may have met before the ball but the Commoners never met each other and only know the Royals by name alone. Though there are arranged marriages, well engagements is more accurate, your character does NOT have to marry the people they are engaged to. That's where the fun starts with love trinangles and sercet affairs. As the roleplay moves on, I will make requirements that te characters have to meet in order to break off the engagement.

Each character can be one of 11 races, and SOME (ONLY some and are closed to new characters; meaning I'm only accepting full bloods) can be a mix of the 11. Again there's more information about that on the roleplay's introduction. Make the commoner a bit realistic. I do not want to see characters that come from the worst possible and highly dramatic background. Yes, your character can have a broken heart that was caused by the bastard man whore, mother/father was never in the family picture, was the least favorite of the siblings, etc but do not go over board on the SSS Realistic and into the Sea of Over Rated Drama.

EXAMPLES OF CHARACTER SHEETS!!! These character sheets is what I expect to see and could give you a bit of help on creating your character:
Commoner Example- Escasriet

You must be able to write a post of 550 words or more, and could post at least once a day when we get things going!!! If you can't do either, then please look for another RP. If you can, then come and join the kingdom of Galaoa and become tangled in the red strings of fate.

If you are interested in reserving a character or have any questions please either post or PM me. Here's the link to the RP:
Galaoa: The Tangled Red Threads of Fate
Last edited by Ravelin on Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ravelin
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: The Kingdom of Galaoa is in Dire Need of Royals & Common

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ravelin on Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:47 am

The Galaoa Princess is taken, meaning one more princess. There's still two princes, two male commoners, and one female commoner.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ravelin
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ravelin on Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:14 pm

Still in need of characters, people.

Ravelin
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ravelin on Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:51 pm

ImageImage Aw, Kon and Lee are crying from the depressingly wide number of open spots. How doe sthat make you feel to make them cry like that? Well, I'm sure that they'll cheer right up if you read and agree to the RP's rules and submit/reserve a character.

Ravelin
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ravelin on Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:03 am

There's still the Fraynia Prince, Galaoa Commoner(Male), and Eden Commoner(Male) open.

Ravelin
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ravelin on Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:54 pm

The Fraynia Prince is the last spot opened.

Ravelin
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ravelin on Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:08 am

Due to one of my RPers having upcoming surgrey and chose to drop out, the Eden Princess is open!

Ravelin
Member for 10 years

Re: Galaoa is Very Much in Need of a Male Commoner

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ravelin on Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:55 am

The Galaoa Commoner is up for grabs if anyone wants him, I explained what I want to see in the character sheet in my first post. I would also HIGHLY prefer for you to make him a race that has yet been used.

Ravelin
Member for 10 years

Re: Galaoa is Very Much in Need of a Male Commoner

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedRaine on Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:25 am

This week's Roleplayers Wanted of the Week goes to:

Galaoa

Your Roleplayers Wanted will be stickied with the 'Featured:' title for an entire week!

Congratulations!
~Still trying to fit all of my dreams in a pokeball.

RedRaine
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Concierge

Re: Featured: Galaoa is Very Much in Need of a Male Commoner

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ravelin on Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:31 pm

The Galaoa Commoner is still open you guys.

Ravelin
Member for 10 years

Re: Featured: Galaoa is Very Much in Need of a Male Commoner

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PolterGhost on Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:34 pm

I'm taking your position. Character shall be up shortly.
"We are the darkness, we are the light,
We shall never stand down in fright.
We are the evil, we are the saints,
We are your protectors, acting without thanks."

PolterGhost
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Galaoa needs a Ice Prince and a Flower Princess!!!!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ravelin on Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:10 pm

The RP needs a Adorossa Prince (which maybe taken id PolterGhost takes him but you are free to be the next in line for the role in case he refuses) and Eden Princess. PM me if you want them.

Ravelin
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ravelin on Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:35 am

Both roles are still up for grabs!!!! (PolterGhost has not replied to my PM, so the Adorossa Prince is completely up to grabs)

Ravelin
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ravelin on Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:16 pm

Still need a Prince.

Ravelin
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ravelin on Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:21 am

Come on! I just need someone that can RP as a Prince!!! T_T

Ravelin
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Romaneck on Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:11 pm

An ice prince?

Would that make him... a fresh prince?

just fooling, ive seen that you have poured a considerable amount of effort into your setting, I do need to get more familiar with it however and im not a speed poster I post in a best case scenario about once a week, wondering if that would be an issue
"Incessant wind sweeps the plain. It murmurs on across grey stone, carrying dust from far climes to nibble eternally at the memorial pillars. There are a few shadows out there still but they are the weak and the timid and the hopelessly lost.

It is immortality of a sort.

Memory is immortality of a sort.

In the night, when the wind dies and silence rules the place of glittering stone, I remember. And they all live again."

Romaneck
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ravelin on Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:22 pm

I really need to update this thread =_= The Adoressa Prince is taken by me since no one stepped up to take him last week. But the Fraynia Prince and Eden Princess MIGHT be open again in the next day or so if the RPers that have them don't check in with me or at least log back on.

The posting once a week would be an issue when things get moving, but if you could probably post 3 or more times a week. I can't see a problem.

Ravelin
Member for 10 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!